Wednesday, November 06, 2013
Get cozy with TV Land this winter! Wednesdays are getting original laughs with two premieres. TV Land's newest original sitcom, Kirstie, starring Kirstie Alley, premieres in an extra special way on Wednesday, December 4 at 10pm ET/PT with TWO episodes. The all-star cast of Kirstie includes Alley's former Cheers co-star Rhea Perlman, Michael Richards of Seinfeld fame and Broadway actor Eric Petersen. In the premiere episode of Kirstie at 10pm, Broadway diva Madison “Maddie” Banks (Alley) panics when Arlo (Petersen), the son she gave up for adoption at birth, suddenly shows up hoping to connect after his adoptive parents have died. Though she initially tries to dismiss him, her BFF/assistant Thelma (Perlman) and driver Frank (Richards) convince Maddie to embrace her motherly side and bring Arlo into her world. In the second new episode of the night at 10:30pm, Maddie finds herself competing with a ghost when Arlo moves in and constantly talks about his adoptive mother. On top of the pressure of trying to be a good mom, Maddie also must deal with the relentless manipulative gibes from her understudy, guest star Kristin Chenoweth. Also stopping by Kirstie this season are guest stars John Travolta, Jason Alexander, Kathy Griffin, Cloris Leachman, George Wendt and TV Land's own Kristen Johnston, star of The Exes.
And speaking of The Exes... the following week on Wednesday, December 11 at 10:30pm ET/PT, don't miss the return of The Exes, starring Wayne Knight, Donald Faison, David Alan Basche, Kelly Stables and Kristen Johnston. Last we left the gang in the summer finale, Phil (Faison) and Eden (Stables) realized that they were more interested in dating than remaining "friends with benefits," while the rest of the gang was surprised to find out that anything was going on between them at all. In the premiere, the tension in the group comes to a head when Eden lets it slip that she may have "faked it" a few times with Phil. The Exes revolves around the unlikely trio of Phil, Haskell (Knight) and Stuart (Basche), three roommates and divorcés who have finally found bromance after initially being forced to live together by their divorce attorney and landlord, Holly (Johnston). This past summer, The Exes had its highest-rated season ever among Adults 25-54, while also seeing a +21% increase among total viewers versus the prior season (Source: Nielsen, L+7, 6/19/13 - 8/28/13).
To celebrate National Vanilla Cupcake Day on Nov. 10, the stars of Warner Bros. Television's hit comedy series 2 Broke Girls (Mondays 8:30/7:30c CBS) are out to prove that they are "not so vanilla" with a special limited-edition 2 Broke Not So Vanilla cupcake. The original creation will be available at all Sprinkles locations nationwide from November 1-15. An original creation, the 2 Broke Not So Vanilla cupcake features a graham cracker bottom and vanilla cake with chocolate chips, topped with dark chocolate frosting and a dash of fleur de sel. Not so vanilla, indeed! There will be 100 golden tickets for a complimentary 2 Broke Not So Vanilla cupcake hidden inside cupcake boxes for patrons who use the Sprinkles Cupcake ATM on National Vanilla Cupcake Day - Sunday, November 10 - so ATM cupcake customers could receive one along with their purchase! The Sprinkles ATM can be found at the Beverly Hills Sprinkles location (9635 South Santa Monica Boulevard, between Bedford & Camden), the Chicago Sprinkles location (50 East Walton Street, between Michigan & Rush) and the Dallas Sprinkles location (4020 Villanova Drive, between Northwest Highway & Preston Road), with the golden ticket hidden in 100 cupcake boxes at each location. All Sprinkles Cupcake stores nationwide will be offering the limited-edition cupcake, with locations including Chicago, Dallas, Downtown Los Angeles, Georgetown (D.C.), The Grove L.A., Houston, La Jolla, New York, Newport Beach, Palo Alto, Scottsdale and the newly opened location in L.A.'s Westlake Village. The 2 Broke Not So Vanilla Cupcake will be available from November 1-15, 2013.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February/March)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbrekable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, March 25
Henry Danger - "Gas or Fail" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Captain Man finds himself trapped underground, Henry must devise a way to sneak out of his school's standardized testing to save Ray.
Game Shakers - "Llama Llama Spit Spit" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After the Game Shakers get kicked out of Fooders to make room for a guest who has his photo on the wall, Babe becomes determined to get their own photo up using any means necessary.
Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn - "To Be Invited or Not to Be" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
The quads make a new friend, an amazing inventor, but when not all of them get invited back to hang out again, they start to wonder why.
Love Thy Neighbor - "Better Late Than Never" (OWN, 9:00PM ET/PT)
A missed call leaves Danny and his family in a bad place.
Love Thy Neighbor - "Make Up or Make Out" (OWN, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Still upset with his friends, Danny takes the advice of his family.
Sunday, March 26
- Sanaa Lathan (Family Guy/The Cleveland Show/LateLine) - Catch Sanaa on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Chris on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Richard Dreyfuss (Your Family or Mine) - Richard appears on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Lily Tomlin (Grace and Frankie/Malibu Country) and Jane Fonda (Grace and Frankie) - Lily and Jane are guests on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. They also chat with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Craig Ferguson (The Drew Carey Show) - Craig visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He will also be on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Rachel Dratch (Imaginary Mary) - Rachel is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Pete Holmes (Crashing) - Pete stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jenna Elfman (Imaginary Mary/1600 Penn/Accidentally on Purpose/Courting Alex/Dharma & Greg) - Jenna appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Ron Funches (Powerless/Undateable) - Ron is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Kaitlin Olson (The Mick/It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia) - Kaitlin drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Wendi McLendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi appears on a repeat of Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) - Lisa is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Mark Consuelos (Alpha House/Hope & Faith) - Mark guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Tahj Mowry, Derek Theler and Jean-Luc Bilodeau (Baby Daddy) - Tahj, Derek and Jean-Luc are guests on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Tika appears on a repeat of The Real, so check your local listings.
- Vanessa Bell Calloway (Rhythm & Blues) - Vanessa is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- June Diane Raphael (Grace and Frankie) - June talks about Grace and Frankie on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly/Samantha Who?) and Ben Falcone (Joey) - Melissa and Ben talk TV Land's Nobodies on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Brooklyn Decker (Grace and Frankie/Friends with Better Lives) - Brookyln stops by People Now at 8:30am.
- Marcia Gay Harden (Trophy Wife) - Marcia opens up about her favorite part of being in the 50 Shades movies on People Now at 8:30am. \
- Tracee Ellis Ross (black-ish/Girlfriends) - Tracee dishes about her Golden Globe win on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 2am on BET or on your local stations.