Wednesday, November 06, 2013
Get cozy with TV Land this winter! Wednesdays are getting original laughs with two premieres. TV Land's newest original sitcom, Kirstie, starring Kirstie Alley, premieres in an extra special way on Wednesday, December 4 at 10pm ET/PT with TWO episodes. The all-star cast of Kirstie includes Alley's former Cheers co-star Rhea Perlman, Michael Richards of Seinfeld fame and Broadway actor Eric Petersen. In the premiere episode of Kirstie at 10pm, Broadway diva Madison “Maddie” Banks (Alley) panics when Arlo (Petersen), the son she gave up for adoption at birth, suddenly shows up hoping to connect after his adoptive parents have died. Though she initially tries to dismiss him, her BFF/assistant Thelma (Perlman) and driver Frank (Richards) convince Maddie to embrace her motherly side and bring Arlo into her world. In the second new episode of the night at 10:30pm, Maddie finds herself competing with a ghost when Arlo moves in and constantly talks about his adoptive mother. On top of the pressure of trying to be a good mom, Maddie also must deal with the relentless manipulative gibes from her understudy, guest star Kristin Chenoweth. Also stopping by Kirstie this season are guest stars John Travolta, Jason Alexander, Kathy Griffin, Cloris Leachman, George Wendt and TV Land's own Kristen Johnston, star of The Exes.
And speaking of The Exes... the following week on Wednesday, December 11 at 10:30pm ET/PT, don't miss the return of The Exes, starring Wayne Knight, Donald Faison, David Alan Basche, Kelly Stables and Kristen Johnston. Last we left the gang in the summer finale, Phil (Faison) and Eden (Stables) realized that they were more interested in dating than remaining "friends with benefits," while the rest of the gang was surprised to find out that anything was going on between them at all. In the premiere, the tension in the group comes to a head when Eden lets it slip that she may have "faked it" a few times with Phil. The Exes revolves around the unlikely trio of Phil, Haskell (Knight) and Stuart (Basche), three roommates and divorcés who have finally found bromance after initially being forced to live together by their divorce attorney and landlord, Holly (Johnston). This past summer, The Exes had its highest-rated season ever among Adults 25-54, while also seeing a +21% increase among total viewers versus the prior season (Source: Nielsen, L+7, 6/19/13 - 8/28/13).
To celebrate National Vanilla Cupcake Day on Nov. 10, the stars of Warner Bros. Television's hit comedy series 2 Broke Girls (Mondays 8:30/7:30c CBS) are out to prove that they are "not so vanilla" with a special limited-edition 2 Broke Not So Vanilla cupcake. The original creation will be available at all Sprinkles locations nationwide from November 1-15. An original creation, the 2 Broke Not So Vanilla cupcake features a graham cracker bottom and vanilla cake with chocolate chips, topped with dark chocolate frosting and a dash of fleur de sel. Not so vanilla, indeed! There will be 100 golden tickets for a complimentary 2 Broke Not So Vanilla cupcake hidden inside cupcake boxes for patrons who use the Sprinkles Cupcake ATM on National Vanilla Cupcake Day - Sunday, November 10 - so ATM cupcake customers could receive one along with their purchase! The Sprinkles ATM can be found at the Beverly Hills Sprinkles location (9635 South Santa Monica Boulevard, between Bedford & Camden), the Chicago Sprinkles location (50 East Walton Street, between Michigan & Rush) and the Dallas Sprinkles location (4020 Villanova Drive, between Northwest Highway & Preston Road), with the golden ticket hidden in 100 cupcake boxes at each location. All Sprinkles Cupcake stores nationwide will be offering the limited-edition cupcake, with locations including Chicago, Dallas, Downtown Los Angeles, Georgetown (D.C.), The Grove L.A., Houston, La Jolla, New York, Newport Beach, Palo Alto, Scottsdale and the newly opened location in L.A.'s Westlake Village. The 2 Broke Not So Vanilla Cupcake will be available from November 1-15, 2013.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)
10/04 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Christmas Special (Colorized)
10/04 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #1 (Colorized)
10/11 - Dr. Ken - Season One
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Series
10/11 - Nurse Jackie - Seasons One and Two
10/11 - Weeds - Seasons One and Two
11/01 - Schitt's Creek - Seasons One and Two
11/08 - Family Matters - The Complete Ninth Season
11/08 - Your Family or Mine - Season One
11/15 - Community - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Lucy Show - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Mindy Project - Season Four
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, December 8
The Big Bang Theory - "The Military Miniaturization" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Colonel Williams (Dean Norris), an Air Force representative from the Department of Material Command sits down to talk with Wolowitz.
The Great Indoors - "@Emma" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Emma quits after being turned down for a raise, Jack and Roland become the magazine’s newest and worst ever social media managers. Also, in a misguided attempt to boost business, Eddie re-brands his bar as “magic-themed.”
Mom - "Cornbread and a Cashmere Onesie" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Christy and Bonnie worry about Jill after her cry for help on the anniversary of her mother’s suicide.
Life in Pieces - "Swim Survivor Zen Talk" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When John decides to try out for “Survivor,” Tim gets jealous and attempts to undermine his audition tape. Also, Colleen confesses she can’t swim when she and Matt discuss Hawaii as a honeymoon destination; Jen pretends to get hooked on meditation so she can use the time to play cell phone games; and Heather gives Sophia the “sex” talk. “Survivor” host Jeff Probst guest stars as himself.
Thursday, December 8
- Jennifer Aniston (Friends) - Catch Jennifer on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Lola Kirke (Mozart in the Jungle) - Lola is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- T.J. Miller (Silicon Valley/The Goodwin Games/Carpoolers) - T.J. appears on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Emeril Lagasse (Emeril) - Emeril guest co-hosts Rachael Ray and makes sausage-stuffed mushrooms, so check your local listings.
- Jodie Sweetin (Fuller House/Full House) and Andrea Barber (Fuller House/Full House) - Jodie and Andrea chat with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT. Jodie joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Judah Friedlander (30 Rock) - Judah is a guest on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Lori Loughlin (Fuller House/Full House) - Lori is a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT. She also talks about what to expect from Season 2 of Fuller House on People Now at 8:30am.
- Scott Patterson (Aliens in America) - Scott talks about Luke and Lorelai’s wedding scene from Gilmore Girls – and if he thinks the two will ever have a baby on People Now at 8:30am.
- Josh Radnor (How I Met Your Mother) - Josh is a guest on the AOL Build Show at 12pm.
- Emmanuelle Chriqui (Entourage) - Emanuelle appears the AOL Build Show 3:45pm.
- Gael Garcia Bernal (Mozart in the Jungle) - Gael is a guest on Chelsea on Netflix.
- Will Smith (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) - Will appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.