Wednesday, November 06, 2013
Get cozy with TV Land this winter! Wednesdays are getting original laughs with two premieres. TV Land's newest original sitcom, Kirstie, starring Kirstie Alley, premieres in an extra special way on Wednesday, December 4 at 10pm ET/PT with TWO episodes. The all-star cast of Kirstie includes Alley's former Cheers co-star Rhea Perlman, Michael Richards of Seinfeld fame and Broadway actor Eric Petersen. In the premiere episode of Kirstie at 10pm, Broadway diva Madison “Maddie” Banks (Alley) panics when Arlo (Petersen), the son she gave up for adoption at birth, suddenly shows up hoping to connect after his adoptive parents have died. Though she initially tries to dismiss him, her BFF/assistant Thelma (Perlman) and driver Frank (Richards) convince Maddie to embrace her motherly side and bring Arlo into her world. In the second new episode of the night at 10:30pm, Maddie finds herself competing with a ghost when Arlo moves in and constantly talks about his adoptive mother. On top of the pressure of trying to be a good mom, Maddie also must deal with the relentless manipulative gibes from her understudy, guest star Kristin Chenoweth. Also stopping by Kirstie this season are guest stars John Travolta, Jason Alexander, Kathy Griffin, Cloris Leachman, George Wendt and TV Land's own Kristen Johnston, star of The Exes.
And speaking of The Exes... the following week on Wednesday, December 11 at 10:30pm ET/PT, don't miss the return of The Exes, starring Wayne Knight, Donald Faison, David Alan Basche, Kelly Stables and Kristen Johnston. Last we left the gang in the summer finale, Phil (Faison) and Eden (Stables) realized that they were more interested in dating than remaining "friends with benefits," while the rest of the gang was surprised to find out that anything was going on between them at all. In the premiere, the tension in the group comes to a head when Eden lets it slip that she may have "faked it" a few times with Phil. The Exes revolves around the unlikely trio of Phil, Haskell (Knight) and Stuart (Basche), three roommates and divorcés who have finally found bromance after initially being forced to live together by their divorce attorney and landlord, Holly (Johnston). This past summer, The Exes had its highest-rated season ever among Adults 25-54, while also seeing a +21% increase among total viewers versus the prior season (Source: Nielsen, L+7, 6/19/13 - 8/28/13).
To celebrate National Vanilla Cupcake Day on Nov. 10, the stars of Warner Bros. Television's hit comedy series 2 Broke Girls (Mondays 8:30/7:30c CBS) are out to prove that they are "not so vanilla" with a special limited-edition 2 Broke Not So Vanilla cupcake. The original creation will be available at all Sprinkles locations nationwide from November 1-15. An original creation, the 2 Broke Not So Vanilla cupcake features a graham cracker bottom and vanilla cake with chocolate chips, topped with dark chocolate frosting and a dash of fleur de sel. Not so vanilla, indeed! There will be 100 golden tickets for a complimentary 2 Broke Not So Vanilla cupcake hidden inside cupcake boxes for patrons who use the Sprinkles Cupcake ATM on National Vanilla Cupcake Day - Sunday, November 10 - so ATM cupcake customers could receive one along with their purchase! The Sprinkles ATM can be found at the Beverly Hills Sprinkles location (9635 South Santa Monica Boulevard, between Bedford & Camden), the Chicago Sprinkles location (50 East Walton Street, between Michigan & Rush) and the Dallas Sprinkles location (4020 Villanova Drive, between Northwest Highway & Preston Road), with the golden ticket hidden in 100 cupcake boxes at each location. All Sprinkles Cupcake stores nationwide will be offering the limited-edition cupcake, with locations including Chicago, Dallas, Downtown Los Angeles, Georgetown (D.C.), The Grove L.A., Houston, La Jolla, New York, Newport Beach, Palo Alto, Scottsdale and the newly opened location in L.A.'s Westlake Village. The 2 Broke Not So Vanilla Cupcake will be available from November 1-15, 2013.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January)
12/06 - Family Guy - Season Fourteen
12/13 - American Dad! - Volume 11
12/13 - Newhart - The Complete Seventh Season
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, January 19
The Big Bang Theory - "The Romance Calibration" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Penny feels that Leonard is taking her for granted, she decides to go on a spa weekend with Amy. Also, Wolowitz and Koothrappali try to fix a squeaky floorboard in the baby’s room.
The Great Indoors - "Mason Blows Up" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Jack tries to reassert his dominance as a reporter after Mason scores an investigative coup that turns him into an overnight celebrity. Also, Clark’s low self-esteem causes him to give Emma relationship advice about other guys instead of asking her out himself
Mom - "Good Karma and the Big Weird" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Bonnie encourages Christy to pursue Marjorie’s charming nephew, Nick, despite the fact that he’s been declared off limits. Chris Pratt, husband of MOM star Anna Faris, guest stars as Nick, Marjorie’s nephew.
Life in Pieces - "Tailgate Spiral Souvenir Seating" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Colleen and Matt host the family tailgate party at the L.A. Rams game, they invite former NFL quarterback Kurt Warner to spice up their so far dismal event. Also, Tim’s in danger of missing the game when Sophia makes him take her to the restroom and they get sidetracked returning to their seats; Joan and Jen try to sneak into seats closer to the field; and Greg wins a chance to participate in a halftime contest involving a football toss.
Baskets - "Freaks" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Chip has to decide between a tarp and snacks.
Friday, January 20
- Anthony Anderson (black-ish/Guys with Kids/All About the Andersons) - Catch Anthony on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- JoAnna Garcia Swisher (Reba/Better with You) - JoAnna visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- John Lithgow (3rd Rock from the Sun/Twenty Good Years) - John is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jim Gaffigan (The Jim Gaffigan Show/My Boys/Welcome to New York) - Jim stops by The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Cristela drops by The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Ken Jeong (Dr. Ken/Community) - Ken is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He also appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Nicole Byer (Loosely, Exactly Nicole) - Nicole appears on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Joe Jonas (Jonas L.A.) - Joe guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Bernadette Peters (Mozart in the Jungle/All's Fair) - Bernadette is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Queen Latifah (Living Single) - Queen Latifah is a guest on a repeat of Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Andrew Dice Clay (Bless This House/Hitz) - Andrew stops by Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Johnny Galecki (The Big Bang Theory/Roseanne - Johnny discusses his role in the new film, Rings, and dishes on this season of The Big Bang Theory on the AOL Build Show at 1pm.