Wednesday, November 06, 2013
Get cozy with TV Land this winter! Wednesdays are getting original laughs with two premieres. TV Land's newest original sitcom, Kirstie, starring Kirstie Alley, premieres in an extra special way on Wednesday, December 4 at 10pm ET/PT with TWO episodes. The all-star cast of Kirstie includes Alley's former Cheers co-star Rhea Perlman, Michael Richards of Seinfeld fame and Broadway actor Eric Petersen. In the premiere episode of Kirstie at 10pm, Broadway diva Madison “Maddie” Banks (Alley) panics when Arlo (Petersen), the son she gave up for adoption at birth, suddenly shows up hoping to connect after his adoptive parents have died. Though she initially tries to dismiss him, her BFF/assistant Thelma (Perlman) and driver Frank (Richards) convince Maddie to embrace her motherly side and bring Arlo into her world. In the second new episode of the night at 10:30pm, Maddie finds herself competing with a ghost when Arlo moves in and constantly talks about his adoptive mother. On top of the pressure of trying to be a good mom, Maddie also must deal with the relentless manipulative gibes from her understudy, guest star Kristin Chenoweth. Also stopping by Kirstie this season are guest stars John Travolta, Jason Alexander, Kathy Griffin, Cloris Leachman, George Wendt and TV Land's own Kristen Johnston, star of The Exes.
And speaking of The Exes... the following week on Wednesday, December 11 at 10:30pm ET/PT, don't miss the return of The Exes, starring Wayne Knight, Donald Faison, David Alan Basche, Kelly Stables and Kristen Johnston. Last we left the gang in the summer finale, Phil (Faison) and Eden (Stables) realized that they were more interested in dating than remaining "friends with benefits," while the rest of the gang was surprised to find out that anything was going on between them at all. In the premiere, the tension in the group comes to a head when Eden lets it slip that she may have "faked it" a few times with Phil. The Exes revolves around the unlikely trio of Phil, Haskell (Knight) and Stuart (Basche), three roommates and divorcés who have finally found bromance after initially being forced to live together by their divorce attorney and landlord, Holly (Johnston). This past summer, The Exes had its highest-rated season ever among Adults 25-54, while also seeing a +21% increase among total viewers versus the prior season (Source: Nielsen, L+7, 6/19/13 - 8/28/13).
To celebrate National Vanilla Cupcake Day on Nov. 10, the stars of Warner Bros. Television's hit comedy series 2 Broke Girls (Mondays 8:30/7:30c CBS) are out to prove that they are "not so vanilla" with a special limited-edition 2 Broke Not So Vanilla cupcake. The original creation will be available at all Sprinkles locations nationwide from November 1-15. An original creation, the 2 Broke Not So Vanilla cupcake features a graham cracker bottom and vanilla cake with chocolate chips, topped with dark chocolate frosting and a dash of fleur de sel. Not so vanilla, indeed! There will be 100 golden tickets for a complimentary 2 Broke Not So Vanilla cupcake hidden inside cupcake boxes for patrons who use the Sprinkles Cupcake ATM on National Vanilla Cupcake Day - Sunday, November 10 - so ATM cupcake customers could receive one along with their purchase! The Sprinkles ATM can be found at the Beverly Hills Sprinkles location (9635 South Santa Monica Boulevard, between Bedford & Camden), the Chicago Sprinkles location (50 East Walton Street, between Michigan & Rush) and the Dallas Sprinkles location (4020 Villanova Drive, between Northwest Highway & Preston Road), with the golden ticket hidden in 100 cupcake boxes at each location. All Sprinkles Cupcake stores nationwide will be offering the limited-edition cupcake, with locations including Chicago, Dallas, Downtown Los Angeles, Georgetown (D.C.), The Grove L.A., Houston, La Jolla, New York, Newport Beach, Palo Alto, Scottsdale and the newly opened location in L.A.'s Westlake Village. The 2 Broke Not So Vanilla Cupcake will be available from November 1-15, 2013.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, October 24
Kevin Can Wait - "Beat the Parents" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Kevin and Donna are thrilled when their son, Jack, makes friends with a boy from school, Grayden (Graydon Peter Yosowitz), however, when Donna and Kevin don’t hit it off with Grayden’s arrogant father, Vic (Ray Romano), and his pushy wife, Brandi (Lindsay Broad), they set out to sabotage the boys’ new friendship. Matt Romano guest stars as Vic’s second son, Braden.
Man with a Plan - "Pilot" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Golden Globe Award winner Matt LeBlanc stars as Adam, a contractor who starts spending more time with his three kids when his wife, Andi, goes back to work and discovers the truth all parents eventually realize—their little angels are maniacs.
2 Broke Girls - "And the Godmama Drama" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Oleg and Sophie’s plan to have Max and Caroline as Barbara’s godparents is derailed when Oleg’s domineering mother, Olga (Mercedes Ruehl), arrives from the Ukraine for the baby’s baptism and fires Max and Caroline from their godparent duties.
The Odd Couple - "Food Fight" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Oscar learns that his favorite hangout, Langford’s, is in financial trouble, he impulsively asks Felix to help save it, without considering the disastrous consequences. Also, Felix tries to make his mark on the restaurant when the owner, Fred Langford (Fred Willard), puts him in charge for a few days.
Monday, October 24
- Ricky Gervais (The Office) - Watch Ricky on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) - Tom appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also talks about Inferno on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Elijah Wood (Wilfred) - Elijah is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ana Gasteyer (People of Earth/Lady Dynamite/Suburgatory) - Ana visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Nick Offerman (Parks and Recreation) - Nick stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Ron appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Kate Micucci (Raising Hope/The Big Bang Theory) - Kate is a guest on a repeat of @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Zooey Deschanel (New Girl) - Zooey appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Michael Chiklis (Daddio) - Michael drops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Jameela Jamil (The Good Place) - Jameela appears on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Aya Cash (You're the Worst) - Aya talks about You're the Worst on the AOL Build ShoW at 2pm. She will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Will is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Mary Steenburgen (The Last Man on Earth/Ink) - Mary talks about The Last Man on Earth on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. She will also be on the AOL Build Show at 12:30pm.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna talks about Good Girls Revolt on People Now at 8:30am.
- James Brolin (Life in Pieces) - James is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Matt LeBlanc (Man with a Plan/Episodes/Joey/Friends) - Matt appears on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Nico Tortorella (Younger) - Nico guest co-hosts The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.