Thursday, November 28, 2013
Happy Thanksgiving to you all! We thank you for visiting us on this special day and every other day, all-year. We also are very thankful that you all will continue to visit every single day and making this blog a continued huge success. We get thousands of visitors every day (even on weekends). So, we thank you for the growth each year! It is simply amazing and I can't believe it has been over 8 years now of posting on this blog every single day no matter what! No days off!
Before we let you all go back to your families (or special friends), we want to let you know the marathons on TV you and your family might want to watch during the day and after Thanksgiving dinner. We love TV marathons and you all come here on each holiday to see what marathons are airing, so as always we will do that today, too, of course!
We have told you about many of the sitcom related marathons already in our regular news stories. Our pick of the weekend is the I Dream of Jeannie 27-hour marathon today (Thanksgiving Day) that started at 12am ET on Antenna TV! Last night on Thanksgiving Eve they aired classic sitcom Thanksgiving episodes including WKRP in Cincinnati's "Turkey's Away!" TV Land has a Laugh More-a-thon Weekend with many classics and modern classics including I Love Lucy, The Andy Griffith Show, Everybody Loves Raymond, King of Queens, Cosby Show and more. MTV2 will feature a Boy Meets World marathon today from 2pm-7pm. TBS will once again present a Friends marathon today, Thanksgiving Day, from 10am-5pm. If you can't watch during the day, then Nick at Nite will have a Friends marathon for you at night from 10pm-6am. Family is the most important thing on a holiday like Thanksgiving, and USA Network will bring us a marathon of Modern Family today from 9:30am-1:30am! WE tv will have all the Thanksgiving episodes of Roseanne and Will & Grace airing from 10am-4pm today in marathon block. And New York City is lucky to have a marathon of The Honeymooners for the second straight year on Thanksgiving, today on WPIX from 11am-3pm, sandwiched in between two airings of the movie March of the Wooden Soldiers! Also in New York, we get the second straight year of Taxi on the Day After Thanksgiving, Friday from 9am-9pm on WLNY TV 55/10. So yeah we told you about all these already either recently or many moons ago. Now let's get to some we haven't had a chance to mention!
We didn't get a chance to mention CMT's Reba Thanksgiving marathon airing today from 3pm-8pm leading into the network premiere of the 2012 movie A Christmas Story 2. On FXX, it's a 12-hour Thanksgiving marathon of How I Met Your Mother today from 7am-7pm! BET and Centric have sitcom marathons this weekend as well. BET will feature a The Game marathon Friday from 8am-7am and Saturday as well, while sister network Centric will feature a Steve Harvey marathon this Saturday and Sunday. For Thanksgiving Day, BET will feature a marathon of Real Husbands of Hollywood, while Centric has a Roots marathon. We also have many many Thanksgiving themed episodes airing that are not in marathons like The Golden Girls on Logo, The Beverly Hillbillies & Rhoda on MeTV Network, and sitcoms like A Different World, Martin, and Living Single on TV One.
Non-sitcom wise, INSP has a Waltons Thanksgiving movie marathon from 2pm-10pm today and a JAG Black Friday Marathon from 2pm-12am. TNT once again has a Castle marathon today from 10am-11pm featuring the great duo of Castle & Beckett for the second straight Thanksgiving! BBC America has a Star Trek: The Next Generation marathon today from 8am-6am. WGN America has a marathon of America's Funniest Home Videos from 2pm-8pm today, while Cloo gives us a 24-hour White Collar marathon today starting at 6am. Another Waltons marathon hits the airwaves on UP from 9am-2:30am. Other notables for Thanksgiving Thursday include a Impractical Jokers marathon on truTV today from 8pm-5am, a Ridiculousness marathon on MTV from 3-10pm, a Cops Thanksgiving marathon on Spike TV from 9am-9pm, an Undercover Boss Thanksgiving marathon on TLC from 2pm-3am, a Family Feud Thanksgiving marathon on GSN from 8am-8pm and a 007 James Bond movie marathon on Syfy from 8am-5am. We also have many many movies marathons on networks like ABC Family, Hallmark Channel, Hallmark Movie Channel, Lifetime, Universal HD, TV Guide Network and Bravo.
And don't forget classic holiday specials, as tonight at 8pm on ABC the holiday classic A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving airs. It's an annual tradition to watch! Can't get enough of old Chuck! If you haven't seen it already, view our 2013Network TV Holiday Specials and Movies Guide, so you don't miss anything on network TV this holiday season. And also view our ABC Family 25 Days of Christmas schedule, because that is the place to be as always during the holiday season, but that starts Dec. 1, but the countdown has begun with the Countdown to 25 Days of Christmas!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, October 24
Kevin Can Wait - "Beat the Parents" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Kevin and Donna are thrilled when their son, Jack, makes friends with a boy from school, Grayden (Graydon Peter Yosowitz), however, when Donna and Kevin don’t hit it off with Grayden’s arrogant father, Vic (Ray Romano), and his pushy wife, Brandi (Lindsay Broad), they set out to sabotage the boys’ new friendship. Matt Romano guest stars as Vic’s second son, Braden.
Man with a Plan - "Pilot" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Golden Globe Award winner Matt LeBlanc stars as Adam, a contractor who starts spending more time with his three kids when his wife, Andi, goes back to work and discovers the truth all parents eventually realize—their little angels are maniacs.
2 Broke Girls - "And the Godmama Drama" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Oleg and Sophie’s plan to have Max and Caroline as Barbara’s godparents is derailed when Oleg’s domineering mother, Olga (Mercedes Ruehl), arrives from the Ukraine for the baby’s baptism and fires Max and Caroline from their godparent duties.
The Odd Couple - "Food Fight" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Oscar learns that his favorite hangout, Langford’s, is in financial trouble, he impulsively asks Felix to help save it, without considering the disastrous consequences. Also, Felix tries to make his mark on the restaurant when the owner, Fred Langford (Fred Willard), puts him in charge for a few days.
Monday, October 24
- Ricky Gervais (The Office) - Watch Ricky on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) - Tom appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also talks about Inferno on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Elijah Wood (Wilfred) - Elijah is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ana Gasteyer (People of Earth/Lady Dynamite/Suburgatory) - Ana visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Nick Offerman (Parks and Recreation) - Nick stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Ron appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Kate Micucci (Raising Hope/The Big Bang Theory) - Kate is a guest on a repeat of @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Zooey Deschanel (New Girl) - Zooey appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Michael Chiklis (Daddio) - Michael drops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Jameela Jamil (The Good Place) - Jameela appears on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Aya Cash (You're the Worst) - Aya talks about You're the Worst on the AOL Build ShoW at 2pm. She will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Will is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Mary Steenburgen (The Last Man on Earth/Ink) - Mary talks about The Last Man on Earth on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. She will also be on the AOL Build Show at 12:30pm.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna talks about Good Girls Revolt on People Now at 8:30am.
- James Brolin (Life in Pieces) - James is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Matt LeBlanc (Man with a Plan/Episodes/Joey/Friends) - Matt appears on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Nico Tortorella (Younger) - Nico guest co-hosts The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.