Wednesday, October 30, 2013
With Tribune now controlling This TV, there will be some changes. We already mentioned that some of its series (like Mister Ed, Green Acres, Patty Duke) will be moving to new sister network Antenna TV in November. Now we know what This TV will be doing to its schedule. On weekdays, they will fully expand to movies all-day starting Monday (Nov. 4), with the exception of late night/early morning airings of Sea Hunt and Highway Patrol from 4-6am. On weekends however, there will be some new additions. One key series of note for us is that '60s comedy The Addams Family will be airing on weekends on This TV airing 4-6am on both mornings and also Sundays from 1-2pm. Not bad! They're creepy and they're kooky, mysterious and spooky, indeed. Also joining the This TV schedule will be the Carroll O'Connor drama In the Heat of the Night, airing Sundays from 6-10pm leading into Stargate SG-1 and The Outer Limits from 10pm-2am. That's about it with everything else either moved to Antenna TV or removed (like the animation block featuring Inspector Gadget). Stay with us for continued updates. Hopefully some more series are added, especially on weekdays.
GSN announced today that the network will pay tribute to the brilliant comedienne, actress, and game-show panelist Marcia Wallace with a special morning marathon on Friday, November 1. A mainstay of TV game shows, Wallace appeared on numerous shows throughout the 1970s and '80s. GSN will broadcast iconic moments from Wallace's game show appearances throughout the years. The Marcia Wallace marathon will air on Friday, November 1, from 8 am ET until 12 pm ET. The entire marathon includes four episodes of Match Game; two episodes of Password Plus; and two episodes of The $100,000 Pyramid. And The MeTV Network will have a special tribute to late actress Marcia Wallace tonight, Wednesday, October 30 at 10:00pm ET, during the regular Bob Newhart Show night and time on MeTV. MeTV will feature episodes of The Bob Newhart Show, centered around the character of Carol Kester Bondurant, the chatty, lovelorn receptionist that Wallace played to perfection on the long running TV series. The episodes airing are "The Crash of 29 Years Old" and "Carol's Wedding."
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February)
02/16 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Complete Series
02/16 - The Brady Kids - The Complete Animated Series
02/16 - Girls - The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
02/16 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Complete Series
02/16 - Togetherness - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, February 13
The Thundermans - "He Got Game Night" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Hank raises the stakes of family game night to a new high, and each member of the family will do whatever it takes to win the grand prize.
Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn - "Three Men and a Mae B." (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
With Mom away for the weekend, Dawn finds herself in the middle of a secret crush quadrangle when each of the boys reveals they have started to look at Mae in a different light, and must run a tricky game of interference.
Bella and the Bulldogs - "The Outlaw Bella Dawson" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Bella gets a long-awaited message from Charlie that would take their relationship to the next level, but before she can answer she is forced to spend the day with Zach Barnes, confusing her feelings even further.
100 Things to Do Before High School - "Master a Thing Thing!" (Nickelodeon, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Inspired by the fact that it takes 10,000 hours to master something, the gang decides to master their own things. But when the reality of this lofty goal sinks in, they must learn the valuable lesson of never giving up.
Monday, February 15
- David Spade (Rules of Engagement/8 Simple Rules/Just Shoot Me!) - Watch David on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Craig Ferguson (The Drew Carey Show) - Craig drops by The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Jason Sudeikis (The Last Man on Earth/The Cleveland Show) - Jason appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Chelsea Handler (Are You There, Chelsea?) - Chelsea visits The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jerry Seinfeld (Seinfeld) - Jerry is a guest on a repeat of Comedy Central's The Daily Show with Trevor Noah at 11pm.
- Jim Jefferies (Legit) - Jim appears on a repeat of @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Kevin Nealon (Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin is a guest on a repeat of @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Allison Williams (Girls) - Allison stops by LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Demi Lovato (Sonny with a Chance) - Demi appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Brandy Norwood (Zoe Ever After/The Game/Moesha) - Brandy chats about Zoe Ever After on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Fran Drescher (The Nanny/Happily Divorced) - Fran plays accomplice to co-host Clinton Kelly during a mystery ingredient party on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Fred Savage (The Grinder/Working/The Wonder Years) - Fred chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- William Shatner ($h*! My Dad Says) - William discusses his new book Leonard: My Fifty-Year Friendship with a Remarkable Man on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and in the 10am hour.
- Giacomo Gianniotti (Selfie) - Giacomo is a guest on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Alison Brie (Community) - Alison visits ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- The Cast of The Facts of Life - It's a special Facts of Life Reunion with cast members including Charlotte Rae, Lisa Whelchel, Kim Fields and Geri Jewell on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT. Lisa Whelchel cooks a Mexican corn bread; DIY blinged roller skates; how to achieve Blair's fabulous hair from The Facts of Life; a prep school inspired fashion show; singer Gloria Loring performs The Facts of Life theme song; how to make a personalized DIY diary.