Wednesday, October 30, 2013
With Tribune now controlling This TV, there will be some changes. We already mentioned that some of its series (like Mister Ed, Green Acres, Patty Duke) will be moving to new sister network Antenna TV in November. Now we know what This TV will be doing to its schedule. On weekdays, they will fully expand to movies all-day starting Monday (Nov. 4), with the exception of late night/early morning airings of Sea Hunt and Highway Patrol from 4-6am. On weekends however, there will be some new additions. One key series of note for us is that '60s comedy The Addams Family will be airing on weekends on This TV airing 4-6am on both mornings and also Sundays from 1-2pm. Not bad! They're creepy and they're kooky, mysterious and spooky, indeed. Also joining the This TV schedule will be the Carroll O'Connor drama In the Heat of the Night, airing Sundays from 6-10pm leading into Stargate SG-1 and The Outer Limits from 10pm-2am. That's about it with everything else either moved to Antenna TV or removed (like the animation block featuring Inspector Gadget). Stay with us for continued updates. Hopefully some more series are added, especially on weekdays.
GSN announced today that the network will pay tribute to the brilliant comedienne, actress, and game-show panelist Marcia Wallace with a special morning marathon on Friday, November 1. A mainstay of TV game shows, Wallace appeared on numerous shows throughout the 1970s and '80s. GSN will broadcast iconic moments from Wallace's game show appearances throughout the years. The Marcia Wallace marathon will air on Friday, November 1, from 8 am ET until 12 pm ET. The entire marathon includes four episodes of Match Game; two episodes of Password Plus; and two episodes of The $100,000 Pyramid. And The MeTV Network will have a special tribute to late actress Marcia Wallace tonight, Wednesday, October 30 at 10:00pm ET, during the regular Bob Newhart Show night and time on MeTV. MeTV will feature episodes of The Bob Newhart Show, centered around the character of Carol Kester Bondurant, the chatty, lovelorn receptionist that Wallace played to perfection on the long running TV series. The episodes airing are "The Crash of 29 Years Old" and "Carol's Wedding."
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)
10/06 - Bewitched - The Complete Collection
10/06 - Grace Under Fire - The Complete Collection
10/06 - Happyish - Season One
10/06 - I Dream of Jeannie - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
10/06 - Party Down - The Complete Series
10/06 - South Park - The Complete Eighteenth Season (Blu-ray)
10/20 - C.P.O. Sharkey - Mr. Warmth: The Ultimate Don Rickles TV Collection
10/20 - The Facts of Life - Season Seven
10/20- King of the Hill - The Complete 13th Season (Blu-ray)
10/20 - My Favorite Martian - The Complete Series
10/20 - Nurse Jackie - Season Seven ((Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, October 9
Last Man Standing - "Ping-pong" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Vanessa tries to educate Eve on why she should be more on board with having a woman president. Meanwhile, after Ed mentions to Mike that he hasn’t seen his own daughter for years, Mike and Mandy try to figure out what they have in common.
Dr. Ken - "The Seminar" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When the office celebrates a promotion for Clark, Ken is oblivious since he lives in his own world...it's the last straw for Clark dealing with Ken's selfish ways. Clark writes a fake complaint comment card about Ken, so he's forced to attend a training seminar for better bedside manners, which leaves Allison at home to have dinner with Ken's parents.
Undataeable - "A Will They Walks Into a Bar" / "A Won't They Walks Into a Bar" (NBC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Danny (Chris D'Elia) decides to interfere as Justin (Brent Morin) and Candace (Bridgit Mendler) are on the verge of making things official. Burski (Rick Glassman) surprises everyone that when he announces he has a girlfriend. Meanwhile, Leslie (Bianca Kajlich) decides it's time to change up her look.
Girl Meets World - "Girl Meets Rah Rah" (Disney Channel, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Riley really wants to be a cheerleader; when the tryouts begin, she's determined to make the squad.
Tyler Perry's For Better or Worse - "The Results" (OWN, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Angela's mammogram results are in; she stresses out all day.
Tyler Perry's For Better or Worse - "Richard's Break" (OWN, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Keisha brings a man to C-Sports while Richard is working late; Richard loses his head.
Friday, October 9
- Whoopi Goldberg (Whoopi/Bagdad Cafe) - Watch Whoopi on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Ravi Patel (Grandfathered) - Ravi appears on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Judy Greer (Married/Mad Love/Miss Guided) - Judy is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ted Danson (Cheers/Becker) - Ted appears on LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Selena Gomez (Wizards of Waverly Place) - Selena is a guest on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Tim Daly (Wings) - Tim discusses the second season of Madam Secretary on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Kristin Chenoweth (Kristin) - Kristin is in the house on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Alfonso Ribeiro (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air/Silver Spoons) - Alfonso takes the AOL BUILD stage to discuss his new gig as the host of the hit ABC series America’s Funniest Home Videos on the AOL Build Show. He will also be on HuffPost Live at 3pm.
- Malin Akerman (Sin City Saints/Trophy Wife) - Malin talks about Final Girls on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Mario Cantone (Sex and the City) - Raven-Symone takes on Mario in a soul food cook-off on The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Maura Tierney (NewsRadio) - Maura is a guest on People Now.
- Fran Drescher (The Nanny/Happily Divorced) - Fran chats on Tavis Smiley on PBS, so check your local listings.
- The Cast of Dr. Ken - Ken Jeong, Tisha Campbell-Martin, Dave Foley and Suzy Nakamura are guests on The Real, so check your local listings.