Wednesday, October 30, 2013
With Tribune now controlling This TV, there will be some changes. We already mentioned that some of its series (like Mister Ed, Green Acres, Patty Duke) will be moving to new sister network Antenna TV in November. Now we know what This TV will be doing to its schedule. On weekdays, they will fully expand to movies all-day starting Monday (Nov. 4), with the exception of late night/early morning airings of Sea Hunt and Highway Patrol from 4-6am. On weekends however, there will be some new additions. One key series of note for us is that '60s comedy The Addams Family will be airing on weekends on This TV airing 4-6am on both mornings and also Sundays from 1-2pm. Not bad! They're creepy and they're kooky, mysterious and spooky, indeed. Also joining the This TV schedule will be the Carroll O'Connor drama In the Heat of the Night, airing Sundays from 6-10pm leading into Stargate SG-1 and The Outer Limits from 10pm-2am. That's about it with everything else either moved to Antenna TV or removed (like the animation block featuring Inspector Gadget). Stay with us for continued updates. Hopefully some more series are added, especially on weekdays.
GSN announced today that the network will pay tribute to the brilliant comedienne, actress, and game-show panelist Marcia Wallace with a special morning marathon on Friday, November 1. A mainstay of TV game shows, Wallace appeared on numerous shows throughout the 1970s and '80s. GSN will broadcast iconic moments from Wallace's game show appearances throughout the years. The Marcia Wallace marathon will air on Friday, November 1, from 8 am ET until 12 pm ET. The entire marathon includes four episodes of Match Game; two episodes of Password Plus; and two episodes of The $100,000 Pyramid. And The MeTV Network will have a special tribute to late actress Marcia Wallace tonight, Wednesday, October 30 at 10:00pm ET, during the regular Bob Newhart Show night and time on MeTV. MeTV will feature episodes of The Bob Newhart Show, centered around the character of Carol Kester Bondurant, the chatty, lovelorn receptionist that Wallace played to perfection on the long running TV series. The episodes airing are "The Crash of 29 Years Old" and "Carol's Wedding."
New Girl - "Big News" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
The morning after their break-up, Jess and Nick scramble to keep it a secret from the loftmates. Meanwhile, Winston passes his police academy entrance exam, and demands that the gang throw him a "Honey Roast".
The Mindy Project - "Think Like a Peter" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Peter encourages Mindy to think more like a man. To test his advice, they head out to a bar, where they meet Lee (guest star Max Greenfield), a smooth-talking first-grade teacher who is up to no good. Meanwhile, Danny tries to give relationship advice to Tamra.
About a Boy - "About a Slopmaster" (NBC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Fiona (Minnie Driver) volunteers to run a project for Marcus’s (Benjamin Stockham) class – a miniature society modeled after Dickensian London. Wanting to be King of the mock economy, Fiona instead selects him as the lowly slopmaster, much to his dismay, prompting him to figure out a clever yet questionable solution to turn things around. Meanwhile, Will (David Walton) takes Marcus out on a spending spree, thanks to his latest royalty check and then does his best to throw the perfect party to impress Sam (guest star Adrianne Palicki).
Growing Up Fisher - "The Man with the Spider Tattoo" (NBC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
find a new plus-one for an important charity event, and he’s determined to show his peers that his post-divorce life is going smoothly. Katie (Ava Deluca-Verley) becomes invested in helping her dad find a plus-one, as her secret party at her dad’s apartment is in jeopardy if Mel doesn’t attend the event. Meanwhile, Runyen’s (Lance Lim) mom (guest star Lela Lee) thinks Henry (Eli Baker) is a bad influence on her son, so Joyce (Jenna Elfman) confronts her in order to defend the Fisher family honor.
The Game - "Mommy Dearest" (BET, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Chardonnay plans an extravagant vow-renewal ceremony; Malki and Yana have a plan to remove the tension between them.
Let's Stay Together - "Breakdown and Billy Clubs" (BET, 10:30PM ET/PT)
Stacy and Tasha invite themselves on Charles and Jamal's fishing trip; Crystal helps Kita write a love letter to Troy.
Tuesday, April 15
- Jerry Seinfeld (Seinfeld) - Catch Jerry on a repeat of The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Wendie Malick (Hot in Cleveland/Just Shoot Me!) - Wendie stops by The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jim Rash (Community/Help Me Help You) - Jim visits The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Andy Samberg (Brooklyn Nine-Nine) - Andy is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Busy Philipps (Cougar Town) - Busy appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Zach Woods (The Office) - Zach stops by The Pete Holmes Show at midnight on TBS.
- Marlon Wayans (The Wayans Bros.) - Marlon is part of the guest panel on Chelsea Lately on E! at 11pm. He will also be on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Billy Bob Thortnon (Hearts Afire) - Billy Bob speaks about the new FX series Fargo on LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Don Cheadle (The Golden Palace) - Don appears on a repeat of The Arsenio Hall Show, so check your local listings.
- Bob Saget (How I Met Your Mother/Full House) - Bob talks about his TV career, doing stand-up and his new memoir, Dirty Daddy: The Chronicles of a Family Man Turned Filthy Comedian, on Katie, so check your local listings. He will also be on Larry King Now at 2/5pm PT/ET on Ora.tv and Hulu.
- Tracy Morgan (30 Rock/The Tracy Morgan Show) - Tracy is a guest on The Tracy Morgan Show, so check your local listings.
- Doris Roberts (Everybody Loves Raymond) - Doris appears on The Queen Latifah Show, so check your local listings.
- Whoopi Goldberg (Whoopi/Bagdad Cafe) - Whoopi talks about her new Lifetime movie A Day Late and a Dollar Short on ABC's Good Morning America between 7-9am.
- Tichina Arnold (Martin/Everybody Hates Chris/Happily Divorced) - Tichina talks about her new Lifetime movie A Day Late and a Dollar Short on SiriusXM Radio on Morning Jolt with Larry Flick at 9:35am, Hip Hop Nation at 10:05am, and Shade 45 with Sway at 10:30am.
- Cheryl Hines (Suburgatory/Curb Your Enthusiasm) - Cheryl helps Michael Symon make a winter ratatouille sandwich on a repeat of ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Brandy Norwood (The Game/Moesha) - Brandy will be on Big Morning Buzz Live on VH1 at 10am.
- Kristin Chenoweth (Kristin) - Kristin will be on Pop Sugar Now on TV Guide Network at 6pm and on the next day on their website at noon.