Wednesday, October 30, 2013
With Tribune now controlling This TV, there will be some changes. We already mentioned that some of its series (like Mister Ed, Green Acres, Patty Duke) will be moving to new sister network Antenna TV in November. Now we know what This TV will be doing to its schedule. On weekdays, they will fully expand to movies all-day starting Monday (Nov. 4), with the exception of late night/early morning airings of Sea Hunt and Highway Patrol from 4-6am. On weekends however, there will be some new additions. One key series of note for us is that '60s comedy The Addams Family will be airing on weekends on This TV airing 4-6am on both mornings and also Sundays from 1-2pm. Not bad! They're creepy and they're kooky, mysterious and spooky, indeed. Also joining the This TV schedule will be the Carroll O'Connor drama In the Heat of the Night, airing Sundays from 6-10pm leading into Stargate SG-1 and The Outer Limits from 10pm-2am. That's about it with everything else either moved to Antenna TV or removed (like the animation block featuring Inspector Gadget). Stay with us for continued updates. Hopefully some more series are added, especially on weekdays.
GSN announced today that the network will pay tribute to the brilliant comedienne, actress, and game-show panelist Marcia Wallace with a special morning marathon on Friday, November 1. A mainstay of TV game shows, Wallace appeared on numerous shows throughout the 1970s and '80s. GSN will broadcast iconic moments from Wallace's game show appearances throughout the years. The Marcia Wallace marathon will air on Friday, November 1, from 8 am ET until 12 pm ET. The entire marathon includes four episodes of Match Game; two episodes of Password Plus; and two episodes of The $100,000 Pyramid. And The MeTV Network will have a special tribute to late actress Marcia Wallace tonight, Wednesday, October 30 at 10:00pm ET, during the regular Bob Newhart Show night and time on MeTV. MeTV will feature episodes of The Bob Newhart Show, centered around the character of Carol Kester Bondurant, the chatty, lovelorn receptionist that Wallace played to perfection on the long running TV series. The episodes airing are "The Crash of 29 Years Old" and "Carol's Wedding."
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February)
02/03 - The Bob Newhart Show - Season Five
02/03 - The Bob Newhart Show - The Final (Sixth) Season
02/03 - Maude - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek) / The Complete Series Available 3/17 (Shout! Factory)
02/03 - The Wonder Years - Season Two
02/10 - Mama's Family - The Complete Sixth Season
02/10 - Nurse Jackie - Season Six (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, February 28
Henry Danger - "Caved In" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Henry, Charlotte, and Ray's plans for a day of fun are derailed when Jasper accidentally triggers the emergency lockdown mode for Junk-N-Stuff and the Man Cave, trapping everyone inside.
Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn - "Piggy, Piggy, Piggy & Dawn" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Dawn wants to change up the Quads' puppet routine for the talent show and finally win first place, but gets frustrated after always being outvoted by her brothers.
Bella and the Bulldogs - "That's My Tri-Five!" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Bella encourages Sophie and Pepper to recruit a new girl to fill the void she left behind on the cheerleading squad. Bella begins to question her friendship with the girls when the girls succeed in replacing her all too well.
Saturday, February 28
- John Travolta (Welcome Back, Kotter) - Watch John on a primetime encore of the Jimmy Kimmel Live: After the Oscars special on ABC at 8pm. Special appearances include Neil Patrick Harris, Mila Kunis, Jennifer Aniston, John Krasinski, J.K. Simmons and Kevin Hart.
- Steve Carell (The Office) - Watch Steve on a repeat of The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Aziz Ansari (Parks and Recreation) - Aziz drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Drew Carey (The Drew Carey Show/The Good Life) - Drew guest co-hosts The Late Late Show at 12:37am on CBS.
- Joshua Molina (Sports Night) - Joshua appears on The Late Late Show at 12:37am on CBS.
- Cathy Ladman (Caroline in the City) - Cathy visits The Late Late Show at 12:37am on CBS.
- Kelly Ripa (Hope & Faith) - Kelly stops by Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Cristela is a guest on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Juliette Lewis (I Married Dora) - Juliette talks about ABC's Secrets & Lies on LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Jamie Foxx (The Jamie Foxx Show) - Jamie appears on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 3am on BET.
- Lisa Kudrow (The Comeback/Friends) - Lisa chats on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Terry Crews (Brooklyn Nine-Nine/Are We There Yet?/Everybody Hates Chris) - Terry is a guest on The Better Show, so check your local listings.
- Larry David (Curb Your Enthusiasm) - Larry talks about Fish in the Dark on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Alan Alda (M*A*S*H) - Alan appears on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and in the 10am hour.
- Sean Giambrone (The Goldbergs) - Sean talks about his hit comedy series on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Mo'Nique (The Parkers) - Mo'Nique will be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.