Monday, October 07, 2013
Nick at Nite is finally making some schedule changes. They will be borrowing the rights for The New Adventures of Old Christine from sister network NickMom. The Julia Louis-Dreyfus sitcom will join the Nick at Nite line-up beginning tonight (Oct. 7) and air every night at 12:00am & 12:30am. The series will also still continue to air on NickMom, with airings including every night at 11pm & 11:30pm. Back to Nick at Nite, to make room for The New Adventures of Old Christine, Nick at Nite will remove The Nanny from its line-up. That sitcom will continue to air on sister network TV Land, though. Full House will be extended from 8-11pm, with Friends only from 11pm-12am now into Old Christine. George Lopez will continue to air from 1-3am leading into overnight hours for My Wife & Kids & Yes, Dear. At 5-6am, Full House remains but the 6-7am hour will now George Lopez. As for Friends, the sitcom will be getting more plays on sister network TV Land, that's why it is only on an hour each night on Nick at Nite now. TV Land will air the sitcom weeknights from 10-11pm and some nights from 1-2am. In the series, Christine owns a women's 30-minute workout gym, successfully juggling the daily stresses of motherhood and her business. The New Adventures of Old Christine ran for five seasons on CBS and was nominated for nine Primetime Emmy awards, winning one for Louis-Dreyfus' performance in the first season.
Home Improvement is getting a new time block on Hallmark Channel. The sitcom was airing from 12-2pm since its launch in early September but the network had planned to air the nationally syndicated talk show Better TV starting Sept. 30. So last week (Sept. 30-Oct. 3), Home Improvement was not on the schedule. Starting this week (Oct. 7) it is back and will air weekdays from 2-4pm now, replacing The Waltons. Not to worry, that show will now move to a better slot, airing four times in a row from 6-10pm (Fridays it is 6-8pm). Little House on the Prairie was airing 6-8pm but will now move to 4-6pm. And with The Waltons now airing in primetime, there is no Movie airings in prime from Mon-Thurs, but the Friday movie remains. The rest of the line-up will remain intact, including the timeslots for the sitcoms I Love Lucy, The Golden Girls, Frasier, and Cheers. Stay with us for continued updates. Home Improvement is a sitcom centered around Tim Taylor (Tim Allen), the accident-prone host of a Detroit, Michigan television program, who is raising a family alongside his wife, Jill (Patricia Richardson). Tim and Jill have three children: the oldest, Brad (Zachery Ty Bryan), middle child Randy (Jonathan Taylor Thomas), and the youngest, Mark (Taran Noah Smith). Their neighbor, Wilson (Earl Hindman), is the brilliant go-to guy who often helps solve all manner of problems for Tim and Jill. Tim has two co-stars on the home improvement show Tool Time: the mild-mannered Al Borland (Richard Karn), Tim's best friend, and Tool Time Girl Heidi (Debbe Dunning).
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)
10/04 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Christmas Special (Colorized)
10/04 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #1 (Colorized)
10/11 - Dr. Ken - Season One
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Series
10/11 - Nurse Jackie - Seasons One and Two
10/11 - Weeds - Seasons One and Two
11/01 - Schitt's Creek - Seasons One and Two
11/08 - Family Matters - The Complete Ninth Season
11/08 - Your Family or Mine - Season One
11/15 - Community - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Lucy Show - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Mindy Project - Season Four
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, December 3
Henry Danger - "Dodging Danger" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Henry uses his new super power to compete in a Dodge-A-Leen tournament, Ray, Schwoz, and Charlotte go undercover to teach Henry a lesson.
Monday, December 5
- Will Smith (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) - Watch Will on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Steve Harvey (The Steve Harvey Show) - Steve visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. He chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jason Bateman (Arrested Development/The Hogan Family/It's Your Move) - Jason visits The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Gael García Bernal (Mozart in the Jungle) - Gael is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Steve Agee (The Sarah Silverman Program) - Steve appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- The Cast of Fuller House - The cast of Fuller House are guests on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Patricia Heaton (The Middle/Back to You/Everybody Loves Raymond) - Patricia stops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Miss Piggy (The Muppets) - Miss Piggy and Harry perform Deck the Halls on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Meredith Hagner (Search Party/Men at Work) - Meredith is a guest on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Lauren Graham (The Odd Couple/Conrad Bloom/Townies) - Lauren appears on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- T.J. Miller (Silicon Valley/The Goodwin Games/Carpoolers) - T.J. talks about Office Christmas Party on the AOL Build Show at 3pm. He will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET. He can also be heard on The Morning Mash Up on SiriusXM at 9:50am.
- Bradley Whitford (Happyish/Trophy Wife) - Bradley is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Josh McDermitt (Retired at 35) - Josh can be heard on The Morning Mash Up on SiriusXM at 10:45am.
- Erinn Hayes (Kevin Can Wait/Guys with Kids/Worst Week) - Erinn talks about Kevin Can Wait on the AOL Build Show at 4pm.