Monday, October 07, 2013
Nick at Nite is finally making some schedule changes. They will be borrowing the rights for The New Adventures of Old Christine from sister network NickMom. The Julia Louis-Dreyfus sitcom will join the Nick at Nite line-up beginning tonight (Oct. 7) and air every night at 12:00am & 12:30am. The series will also still continue to air on NickMom, with airings including every night at 11pm & 11:30pm. Back to Nick at Nite, to make room for The New Adventures of Old Christine, Nick at Nite will remove The Nanny from its line-up. That sitcom will continue to air on sister network TV Land, though. Full House will be extended from 8-11pm, with Friends only from 11pm-12am now into Old Christine. George Lopez will continue to air from 1-3am leading into overnight hours for My Wife & Kids & Yes, Dear. At 5-6am, Full House remains but the 6-7am hour will now George Lopez. As for Friends, the sitcom will be getting more plays on sister network TV Land, that's why it is only on an hour each night on Nick at Nite now. TV Land will air the sitcom weeknights from 10-11pm and some nights from 1-2am. In the series, Christine owns a women's 30-minute workout gym, successfully juggling the daily stresses of motherhood and her business. The New Adventures of Old Christine ran for five seasons on CBS and was nominated for nine Primetime Emmy awards, winning one for Louis-Dreyfus' performance in the first season.
Home Improvement is getting a new time block on Hallmark Channel. The sitcom was airing from 12-2pm since its launch in early September but the network had planned to air the nationally syndicated talk show Better TV starting Sept. 30. So last week (Sept. 30-Oct. 3), Home Improvement was not on the schedule. Starting this week (Oct. 7) it is back and will air weekdays from 2-4pm now, replacing The Waltons. Not to worry, that show will now move to a better slot, airing four times in a row from 6-10pm (Fridays it is 6-8pm). Little House on the Prairie was airing 6-8pm but will now move to 4-6pm. And with The Waltons now airing in primetime, there is no Movie airings in prime from Mon-Thurs, but the Friday movie remains. The rest of the line-up will remain intact, including the timeslots for the sitcoms I Love Lucy, The Golden Girls, Frasier, and Cheers. Stay with us for continued updates. Home Improvement is a sitcom centered around Tim Taylor (Tim Allen), the accident-prone host of a Detroit, Michigan television program, who is raising a family alongside his wife, Jill (Patricia Richardson). Tim and Jill have three children: the oldest, Brad (Zachery Ty Bryan), middle child Randy (Jonathan Taylor Thomas), and the youngest, Mark (Taran Noah Smith). Their neighbor, Wilson (Earl Hindman), is the brilliant go-to guy who often helps solve all manner of problems for Tim and Jill. Tim has two co-stars on the home improvement show Tool Time: the mild-mannered Al Borland (Richard Karn), Tim's best friend, and Tool Time Girl Heidi (Debbe Dunning).
New on DVD/Blu-ray (March/April)
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
04/04 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season
04/11 - Father Knows Best - Season Five
04/11 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Third Season
04/11 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/11 - Veep - The Complete Fifth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, April 23
The Simpsons - "The Cad and the Hat" (Fox, 7:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Bart betrays Lisa, he has to deal with his guilt – literally. Meanwhile, Springfield is in awe when Homer is revealed to be a chess savant.
Bob's Burgers - "Zero Lap Thirty" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT)
When Linda wins a contest to spend a dream weekend at the home where her favorite television show is filmed, things don’t go quite as planned. Back at home, Teddy’s back problems leave him stuck on the floor.
Bob's Burgers - "The Laser-inth" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Gene accompanies Bob on the last-ever rock-and-roll laser show at the planetarium, but the night takes an unexpected turn. Meanwhile, Linda takes the girls out for dinner and Louise has a surprise revelation.
Making History - "The Godfriender" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Dan, Deb and Chris find themselves stuck in 1920s Chicago, with Al Capone (guest star Tim Robinson) holding their time travel bag hostage. Chris opts for a play-it-safe plan, using history to take out Capone, while Dan and Deb befriend him instead. As they teach him how to be a better mobster – and husband – they quickly realize that proving their loyalty may not be as easy as they thought.
Family Guy - "Hot Shots" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
In order to “save” Stewie from autism, Peter and Lois decide not to vaccinate him and then proceed to convince the rest of Quahog to follow suit. Stewie runs away to save himself from diseases until Sean Penn (guest-voicing as himself) swoops in to save the day and brings vaccines to the whole town.
The Last Man on Earth - "Name 20 Picnics...Now!" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
The gang throws a huge celebration canvassing every major holiday, but Tandy and Todd’s bro-mance hits a rough patch that threatens to end the fun.
Monday, April 24
- Kathryn Hahn (Happyish/Transparent/Free Agents) - Watch Kathryn on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. She also talks about the new series I Love Dick on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Allison appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. She also chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jim Gaffigan (The Jim Gaffigan Show/My Boys/Welcome to New York) - Jim visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Andrea Martin (Great News/Difficult People/Working the Engels) - Andrea stops by Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Briga Heelan (Great News/Ground Floor) - Briga is a guest on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Matt Walsh (Veep), Mary Holland (Blunt Talk) and Timothy Simons (Veep) - Matt, Mary and Timothy are guests on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Kumail Nanjiani (Silicon Valley) - Kumail drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- John Leguizamo (The Brothers Garcia) - John guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Cobie Smulders (How I Met Your Mother) - Cobie talks about making her Broadway debut in Present Laughter on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Katie Gill (Baby Daddy) - Katie is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) - Lisa joins Clinton Kelly in the kitchen to make a delicious dessert with an ingredient she’s never had before—Rhubarb on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Alfonso Ribeiro (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air/In the House/Silver Spoons) - Alfonso will be on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Kate Walsh (Bad Judge/The Drew Carey Show) - Kate talks about 13 Reasons Why on the AOL Build Show at 11am.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Ron is a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.