Monday, October 07, 2013
Nick at Nite is finally making some schedule changes. They will be borrowing the rights for The New Adventures of Old Christine from sister network NickMom. The Julia Louis-Dreyfus sitcom will join the Nick at Nite line-up beginning tonight (Oct. 7) and air every night at 12:00am & 12:30am. The series will also still continue to air on NickMom, with airings including every night at 11pm & 11:30pm. Back to Nick at Nite, to make room for The New Adventures of Old Christine, Nick at Nite will remove The Nanny from its line-up. That sitcom will continue to air on sister network TV Land, though. Full House will be extended from 8-11pm, with Friends only from 11pm-12am now into Old Christine. George Lopez will continue to air from 1-3am leading into overnight hours for My Wife & Kids & Yes, Dear. At 5-6am, Full House remains but the 6-7am hour will now George Lopez. As for Friends, the sitcom will be getting more plays on sister network TV Land, that's why it is only on an hour each night on Nick at Nite now. TV Land will air the sitcom weeknights from 10-11pm and some nights from 1-2am. In the series, Christine owns a women's 30-minute workout gym, successfully juggling the daily stresses of motherhood and her business. The New Adventures of Old Christine ran for five seasons on CBS and was nominated for nine Primetime Emmy awards, winning one for Louis-Dreyfus' performance in the first season.
Home Improvement is getting a new time block on Hallmark Channel. The sitcom was airing from 12-2pm since its launch in early September but the network had planned to air the nationally syndicated talk show Better TV starting Sept. 30. So last week (Sept. 30-Oct. 3), Home Improvement was not on the schedule. Starting this week (Oct. 7) it is back and will air weekdays from 2-4pm now, replacing The Waltons. Not to worry, that show will now move to a better slot, airing four times in a row from 6-10pm (Fridays it is 6-8pm). Little House on the Prairie was airing 6-8pm but will now move to 4-6pm. And with The Waltons now airing in primetime, there is no Movie airings in prime from Mon-Thurs, but the Friday movie remains. The rest of the line-up will remain intact, including the timeslots for the sitcoms I Love Lucy, The Golden Girls, Frasier, and Cheers. Stay with us for continued updates. Home Improvement is a sitcom centered around Tim Taylor (Tim Allen), the accident-prone host of a Detroit, Michigan television program, who is raising a family alongside his wife, Jill (Patricia Richardson). Tim and Jill have three children: the oldest, Brad (Zachery Ty Bryan), middle child Randy (Jonathan Taylor Thomas), and the youngest, Mark (Taran Noah Smith). Their neighbor, Wilson (Earl Hindman), is the brilliant go-to guy who often helps solve all manner of problems for Tim and Jill. Tim has two co-stars on the home improvement show Tool Time: the mild-mannered Al Borland (Richard Karn), Tim's best friend, and Tool Time Girl Heidi (Debbe Dunning).
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February/March)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbrekable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, March 26
The Simpsons - "Dad Behavior" (Fox, 7:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Homer finds a new app that makes his life much easier and outsources his father-son bonding. Meanwhile, Grampa finds that he is about to be a father again.
Bob's Burgers - "Aquaticism" / "Ain't Miss Debatin'" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT)
When Tina learns that the aquarium is in danger of closing, the Belcher children devise a scheme to keep it running. Meanwhile, Bob realizes that he could learn a thing or two from Linda’s customer service skills. Then, when Tina is recruited by the debate team, she finds unexpected success and an even more unexpected relationship. Meanwhile, Louise and Gene convince their parents to help fund a stop-motion movie focusing on a surprising subject matter.
Making History - "Chadwick's Angels" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
In need of a victory, the trio heads back to the 1990s to give Dan another shot at his childhood dream: finishing the infamous “Bellybuster” ice cream sundae at a local parlor. As Deb bonds with the parlor’s owner, Chris is on a mission to save a life in honor of his late British friend. But all of their plans are derailed when Dan runs into the bully that tormented him.
Family Guy - "Peter's Lost Youth" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Peter gets jealous of Lois when she upstages him at a Red Sox fantasy baseball camp. Meanwhile, Stewie runs away from home when Meg is left to babysit him.
The Last Man on Earth - "Find This Thing We Need To" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Carol makes a big discovery, enlisting Tandy and Erica to help her track down some answers. Meanwhile, Todd has a major breakthrough with Melissa.
Sunday, March 26
- Sanaa Lathan (Family Guy/The Cleveland Show/LateLine) - Catch Sanaa on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Chris on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Richard Dreyfuss (Your Family or Mine) - Richard appears on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Lily Tomlin (Grace and Frankie/Malibu Country) and Jane Fonda (Grace and Frankie) - Lily and Jane are guests on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. They also chat with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Craig Ferguson (The Drew Carey Show) - Craig visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He will also be on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Rachel Dratch (Imaginary Mary) - Rachel is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Pete Holmes (Crashing) - Pete stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jenna Elfman (Imaginary Mary/1600 Penn/Accidentally on Purpose/Courting Alex/Dharma & Greg) - Jenna appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Ron Funches (Powerless/Undateable) - Ron is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Kaitlin Olson (The Mick/It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia) - Kaitlin drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Wendi McLendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi appears on a repeat of Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) - Lisa is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Mark Consuelos (Alpha House/Hope & Faith) - Mark guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Tahj Mowry, Derek Theler and Jean-Luc Bilodeau (Baby Daddy) - Tahj, Derek and Jean-Luc are guests on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Tika appears on a repeat of The Real, so check your local listings.
- Vanessa Bell Calloway (Rhythm & Blues) - Vanessa is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- June Diane Raphael (Grace and Frankie) - June talks about Grace and Frankie on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly/Samantha Who?) and Ben Falcone (Joey) - Melissa and Ben talk TV Land's Nobodies on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Brooklyn Decker (Grace and Frankie/Friends with Better Lives) - Brookyln stops by People Now at 8:30am.
- Marcia Gay Harden (Trophy Wife) - Marcia opens up about her favorite part of being in the 50 Shades movies on People Now at 8:30am. \
- Tracee Ellis Ross (black-ish/Girlfriends) - Tracee dishes about her Golden Globe win on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 2am on BET or on your local stations.