Thursday, October 10, 2013
CBS Monday Sitcom Changes: We Are Men Canceled, Mike & Molly Returns; Nick Sitcoms Sam & Cat, See Dad Run Get Halloween Episodes
The first new sitcom pulled from the schedule is... We Are Men on CBS after just two airings. This is the second new series that has been pulled (the first being ABC drama Lucky 7), but the first sitcom off the line-up. Effective immediately, 2 Broke Girls moves to 8:30 PM, replacing the aforementioned single-camera comedy We Are Men. Rebroadcasts of The Big Bang Theory will temporarily air at 9:00 PM for the next two weeks (Oct. 14 and 21). No word on what will air on Oct. 28 yet, but starting Nov. 4, Mike & Molly returns to the schedule with its fourth season premiere at a new time of 9:00pm ET/PT, anchoring CBS Monday. The sitcom of course stars stars Billy Gardell, Melissa McCarthy, Reno Wilson, Katy Mixon, Swoosie Kurtz, Nyambi Nyambi, Louis Mustillo, Cleo King, Rondi Reed and David Higgins. CBS has struggled on Mondays this season with its comedies and new drama Hostages. The only series posting good numbers is How I Met Your Mother, which is in its final season. As of now, Hostages will continue to air Mondays at 10pm on CBS after new sitcom Mom. Stay with us for continued updates.
This Halloween season, Nickelodeon will treat viewers to a month of spooky, side-splitting new episodes from hit series Sam & Cat, The Haunted Hathaways, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, SpongeBob SquarePants, See Dad Run, Peter Rabbit, Deadtime Stories and a Halloween themed AwesomenessTV episode hosted by pop sensation Cody Simpson. We will cover the sitcom info from these. Sam & Cat "#DollSitting" airs Saturday, Oct. 19, at 8:00p.m. On Halloween, Sam and Cat are hired to babysit a doll, with unusual and creepy results. Cat also thinks she may have accidentally turned Dice into a monkey with a magic spell. Then The Haunted Hathaways "Haunted Halloween" airs Saturday, Oct. 19, at 8:30pm. When Ray and Miles agree to help Taylor with her first Halloween party in the Hathaway/Preston house by doing parlor tricks, things go awry after Louie defiantly turns to a powerful ghost to help really haunt the party. And on See Dad Run "See Dad Halloween" episode that airs Sunday, Oct. 20, at 8:00pm, David hopes to get the kids in the Halloween spirit, so he takes them with him to "exorcise" the Ghost of Stage 19. The kids aren't impressed until crazy things start happening at home, and the whole family is freaked out. Additionally, TeenNick reboots the classic "Nick or Treat" as "Nick or Tweet" with Halloween episodes of '90s classics Hey Arnold, Rugrats and more. Viewers can watch and tweet the secret word for the chance to win a super '90s prize pack.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (June)
06/14 - Ballers - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
06/14 - The League - Season 7 - The Final Fantasy
06/14 - The League - The Complete Series
06/14 - Maude - The Complete Fifth Season
06/14 - Survivor's Remorse - The Complete Second Season
06/21 - Workaholics - Season Six
06/24 - The Monkees - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
06/28 - Two Guys and a Girl - The Complete Series
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, June 30
The Big Bang Theory - "The Application Deterioration" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Leonard, Sheldon, and Wolowitz run into problems when they file for a patent for their infinite persistence gyroscope. Also, Penny, Amy and Bernadette give Koothrappali dating advice when Emily reaches out to him after their breakup.
Life in Pieces - "Bite Flight Wing-Man Bonnie" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Heather and Tim finally find another couple they actually like to socialize with, but Sophia and their son don’t hit it off. Also, Greg insists he and Jen take separate flights in case something happens to the plane, Matt and John take Gary (Martin Mull) out to meet women, and Matt’s ex-wife, Bonnie (Brenda Song), surprises him with a visit. NFL Hall of Famer Marshall Faulk guest stars as himself. Academy Award winner Helen Hunt directed the episode.
Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll - "All That Glitters Is Gold" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
The sudden death of an old friend forces the band to question where they're at and where they're going.
Thursday, June 30
- Ellie Kemper (Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt/The Office) - Catch Ellie on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. She will also be on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Cedric the Entertainer (The Soul Man/The Steve Harvey Show) - Cedric appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Rebel Wilson (Super Fun Night) - Rebel is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- David Schwimmer (Friends) - David appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jim Gaffigan (The Jim Gaffigan Show/My Boys/Welcome to New York) and Adam Goldberg (The Jim Gaffigan Show) - Jim and Adam are guests on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight. Jim will also be on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Aubrey Plaza (Parks and Recreation) - Aubrey drops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Adam Devine (Workaholics/Modern Family) - Adam and Zac Efron are guests on Conan at 11pm on TBS. Adam will also be on Chelsea on Netflix.
- Maria Bamford (Lady Dynamite) - Maria appears on Chelsea on Netflix.
- Mark Consuelos (Hope & Faith) - Mark guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Nick Jonas (Jonas L.A.) - Nick appears on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Sarah Michelle Gellar (The Crazy Ones) - Sarah shares two of her favorite dessert recipes you can make with your kids on a repeat of The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Sayeed Shahidi (Uncle Buck/The First Family) - Sayeed is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Mario Cantone (Sex and the City) - Mario is a guest on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Denis Leary (Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll/The Job) and Elizabeth Gillies (Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll/Victorious) - Denis and Leary talk about Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll on the AOL Build Show at 1pm. Denis will also beon CBS This Morning sometime between 7-9am.
- Donald Faison (The Exes/Scrubs) - Donald guest co-hosts Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Nia Long (Uncle Buck/The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) - Nia is a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Jamie Lynn Spears (Zoey 101) - Jamie is a guest on People Now at 8:30am.
- Jane Krakowski (Undateable Kimmy Schmidt/30 Rock) - Jane appears on People Now at 8:30am.