Thursday, October 10, 2013
CBS Monday Sitcom Changes: We Are Men Canceled, Mike & Molly Returns; Nick Sitcoms Sam & Cat, See Dad Run Get Halloween Episodes
The first new sitcom pulled from the schedule is... We Are Men on CBS after just two airings. This is the second new series that has been pulled (the first being ABC drama Lucky 7), but the first sitcom off the line-up. Effective immediately, 2 Broke Girls moves to 8:30 PM, replacing the aforementioned single-camera comedy We Are Men. Rebroadcasts of The Big Bang Theory will temporarily air at 9:00 PM for the next two weeks (Oct. 14 and 21). No word on what will air on Oct. 28 yet, but starting Nov. 4, Mike & Molly returns to the schedule with its fourth season premiere at a new time of 9:00pm ET/PT, anchoring CBS Monday. The sitcom of course stars stars Billy Gardell, Melissa McCarthy, Reno Wilson, Katy Mixon, Swoosie Kurtz, Nyambi Nyambi, Louis Mustillo, Cleo King, Rondi Reed and David Higgins. CBS has struggled on Mondays this season with its comedies and new drama Hostages. The only series posting good numbers is How I Met Your Mother, which is in its final season. As of now, Hostages will continue to air Mondays at 10pm on CBS after new sitcom Mom. Stay with us for continued updates.
This Halloween season, Nickelodeon will treat viewers to a month of spooky, side-splitting new episodes from hit series Sam & Cat, The Haunted Hathaways, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, SpongeBob SquarePants, See Dad Run, Peter Rabbit, Deadtime Stories and a Halloween themed AwesomenessTV episode hosted by pop sensation Cody Simpson. We will cover the sitcom info from these. Sam & Cat "#DollSitting" airs Saturday, Oct. 19, at 8:00p.m. On Halloween, Sam and Cat are hired to babysit a doll, with unusual and creepy results. Cat also thinks she may have accidentally turned Dice into a monkey with a magic spell. Then The Haunted Hathaways "Haunted Halloween" airs Saturday, Oct. 19, at 8:30pm. When Ray and Miles agree to help Taylor with her first Halloween party in the Hathaway/Preston house by doing parlor tricks, things go awry after Louie defiantly turns to a powerful ghost to help really haunt the party. And on See Dad Run "See Dad Halloween" episode that airs Sunday, Oct. 20, at 8:00pm, David hopes to get the kids in the Halloween spirit, so he takes them with him to "exorcise" the Ghost of Stage 19. The kids aren't impressed until crazy things start happening at home, and the whole family is freaked out. Additionally, TeenNick reboots the classic "Nick or Treat" as "Nick or Tweet" with Halloween episodes of '90s classics Hey Arnold, Rugrats and more. Viewers can watch and tweet the secret word for the chance to win a super '90s prize pack.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (March)
03/03 - CHiPs - The Complete Third Season
03/10 - Gomer Pyle, U.S.M.C. - The Complete Series
03/10 - Hey Dude - The Complete Series (Walmart Exclusive)
03/10 - Petticoat Junction - Family Favorite Episodes
03/17 - Bewitched - Season 5 (Mill Creek)
03/17 - Bewitched - Season 6 (Mill Creek)
03/17 - Bewitched - Seasons 5 & 6 (Mill Creek)
03/17 - Maude - The Complete Series (Shout! Factory)
03/17 - WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete First Season (Shout! Factory)
03/17 - WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete Second Season (Shout! Factory)
03/24 - The Donna Reed Show - Season 2 (MPI Home Video)
03/31 - Silicon Valley - Season 1 (Blu-ray)
03/31 - Veep - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Wednesday, April 1
The Middle - "Operation Infiltration" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Frankie accompanies Brick on a school field trip and attempts to help her socially inept son make friends with a couple of boys. Meanwhile, when Devin scolds Axl for being mean to his sister, he tries to make it look like they are the best of friends when Sue spends the weekend at his house; and while trying to thin out some of their hoarding father’s massive stockpile of junk, Mike gets a sinking feeling that he may have bullied his brother Rusty (Norm Macdonald) a bit too much as kids and turned him into the hapless man that he is today.
The Goldbergs - "The Adam Bomb" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Erica gets inspired to put college on hold, in favor of pursuing a singing career, Beverly is worried Erica will be disappointed her dream will not come true. Beverly puts Murray up to the task to have a talk about her future with a surprising result. Meanwhile, Adam and Barry get into an epic war that starts as an April Fools’ joke but ends with more repercussion.
Modern Family - "Grill, Interrupted" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Jay’s birthday brings everyone together and Phil is beside himself over the super cool gift he got Jay, a high-tech outdoor grill. Claire and Mitch decide they will “offer” to pay back the money Jay loaned them ages ago as their gift not really thinking he will take them up on it, and Gloria teaches Manny and Luke a lesson about drinking, while Andy gets real awkward with Haley when she brings over her new doctor boyfriend.
black-ish - "Sex, Lies and Vasectomies" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Bow learns from her colleague that Dre never had the vasectomy a few years back that he was supposedly scheduled, so she decides to see if he’ll come clean and tell the truth.
Young & Hungry - "Young & Cookin'" (ABC Family, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Gabi fears for her job when Josh begins dating a woman who loves to cook.
Hot in Cleveland - "All Dolled Up" (TV Land, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Elka is convinced that Bob’s gift to Joy is a voodoo doll. Melanie accidentally doses her boyfriend, Dane (William Baldwin) with estrogen. Victoria gets a visit from her agent (Garry Marshall).
The Soul Man - "Shopping While Black" (TV Land, 10:30PM ET/PT)
When Lolli is wrongfully accused of shoplifting at a posh department store, Boyce rallies the community for a protest. Stamps turns to Lester to help him get rid of his cupcake truck.
Wednesday, April 1
- Jeremy Piven (Entourage/Ellen) - Watch Jeremy on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS. He talks about what it was like to reunite with his Entourage co-stars to make the highly anticipated movie, dating in Hollywood and more on The Merdith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Kevin Hart (The Big House/Undeclared) - Kevin appears on a repeat of Comedy Central's The Daily Show with Jon Stewart at 11pm.
- Natasha Leggero (Free Agents) - Natasha is a guest on a repeat of @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Peter Facinelli (Nurse Jackie) - Peter stops by Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC. He also talks about American Odyssey on VH1's Big Morning Buzz Live at 9am and New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET..
- Maz Jobrani (Better Off Ted/The Knights of Prosperity) - Maz is a guest on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Rob Corddry (The Winner) - Rob visits Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Brooke Shields (Suddenly Susan) - Brooke appears on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 1am on BET.
- Zachary Knighton (Weird Loners/Happy Endings) - Zachary talks about Weird Loners on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Robyn Lively (George & Leo/Doogie Howser, M.D.) - Robyn and Sloane Morgan Siegel talk about their critically acclaimed series Gortimer Gibbon's Life on Normal Street on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Chris Messina (The Mindy Project) - Chris discusses his directorial debut and starring role in Alex of Venice, a drama about a woman who's forced to revaluate her life and career after her husband suddenly leaves her, on HuffPost Live at 11:30am.