Thursday, October 10, 2013
CBS Monday Sitcom Changes: We Are Men Canceled, Mike & Molly Returns; Nick Sitcoms Sam & Cat, See Dad Run Get Halloween Episodes
The first new sitcom pulled from the schedule is... We Are Men on CBS after just two airings. This is the second new series that has been pulled (the first being ABC drama Lucky 7), but the first sitcom off the line-up. Effective immediately, 2 Broke Girls moves to 8:30 PM, replacing the aforementioned single-camera comedy We Are Men. Rebroadcasts of The Big Bang Theory will temporarily air at 9:00 PM for the next two weeks (Oct. 14 and 21). No word on what will air on Oct. 28 yet, but starting Nov. 4, Mike & Molly returns to the schedule with its fourth season premiere at a new time of 9:00pm ET/PT, anchoring CBS Monday. The sitcom of course stars stars Billy Gardell, Melissa McCarthy, Reno Wilson, Katy Mixon, Swoosie Kurtz, Nyambi Nyambi, Louis Mustillo, Cleo King, Rondi Reed and David Higgins. CBS has struggled on Mondays this season with its comedies and new drama Hostages. The only series posting good numbers is How I Met Your Mother, which is in its final season. As of now, Hostages will continue to air Mondays at 10pm on CBS after new sitcom Mom. Stay with us for continued updates.
This Halloween season, Nickelodeon will treat viewers to a month of spooky, side-splitting new episodes from hit series Sam & Cat, The Haunted Hathaways, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, SpongeBob SquarePants, See Dad Run, Peter Rabbit, Deadtime Stories and a Halloween themed AwesomenessTV episode hosted by pop sensation Cody Simpson. We will cover the sitcom info from these. Sam & Cat "#DollSitting" airs Saturday, Oct. 19, at 8:00p.m. On Halloween, Sam and Cat are hired to babysit a doll, with unusual and creepy results. Cat also thinks she may have accidentally turned Dice into a monkey with a magic spell. Then The Haunted Hathaways "Haunted Halloween" airs Saturday, Oct. 19, at 8:30pm. When Ray and Miles agree to help Taylor with her first Halloween party in the Hathaway/Preston house by doing parlor tricks, things go awry after Louie defiantly turns to a powerful ghost to help really haunt the party. And on See Dad Run "See Dad Halloween" episode that airs Sunday, Oct. 20, at 8:00pm, David hopes to get the kids in the Halloween spirit, so he takes them with him to "exorcise" the Ghost of Stage 19. The kids aren't impressed until crazy things start happening at home, and the whole family is freaked out. Additionally, TeenNick reboots the classic "Nick or Treat" as "Nick or Tweet" with Halloween episodes of '90s classics Hey Arnold, Rugrats and more. Viewers can watch and tweet the secret word for the chance to win a super '90s prize pack.
Bob's Burgers - "Ambergris" (Fox, 7:00PM ET/PT)
Gene, Louise, and Tina discover a seaweed-covered object at the beach that turns out to be a large hunk of Ambergris - an extremely valuable, but illegal, by-product of whale poop that is used in high-end perfumes. But Louise tries to cheat Gene and Tina out of the profit she hopes to make by selling the treasure on the black market. Meanwhile, Bob and Linda deal with their psychologically unstable landlord who is building them a new bathroom.
American Dad - "Poltergasm" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Francine's "Poltergasm" starts to haunt the Smith household when she is unsatisfied by Stan in the sack, and Roger must conjure a medium named Zelda Rubinstein to help eliminate the ghost. Meanwhile, Hayley introduces her new boy-toy, Mauricio (guest voice Diego Luna), to the family.
The Simpsons - "Married to the Blob" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Comic Book Guy realizes his comics are nothing if he can't share them with anyone. Then he meets Kumiko, a Japanese woman writing an autobiographical manga, and he seeks out Homer's advice on how to date her, ending happily for everyone.
Family Guy - "Life of Brian" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Stewie and Brian travel back to 17th century Jamestown, via Stewie's time machine, they encounter too many close calls with altering the course of mankind. Stewie decides to destroy his time machine, but immediately regrets his decision when an unthinkable event happens and he is unable to go back in time.
Monday, April 21
- Courteney Cox (Cougar Town/Friends) - Watch Courteney The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Jimmie "J.J." Walker (Good Times) - Jimmie appears on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Billy Bob Thornton (Hears Afire) - Billy Bob is a guest on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- George Lopez (Saint George/George Lopez) - George stops by The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ari Graynor (Bad Teacher) - Ari visits The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Marlon Wayans (The Wayans Bros.) - Marlon is a guest on @midnight at midnight on Comedy Central.
- Bob Saget (How I Met Your Mother/Full House) - Bob is part of the guest panel on Chelsea Lately on E! at 11pm.
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt (3rd Rock from the Sun) - Joseph appears on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Gillian Jacobs (Community) - Tune in to see Gillian on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Paul Scheer (The League) - Paul is a guest on a repeat of The Pete Holmes Show at midnight on TBS.
- Christopher Meloni (Surviving Jack/The Fanelli Boys) - Christopher drops by The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Brooklyn Decker, Majandra Delfino and Zoe Lister-Jones (Friends with Better Lives) - The women of Friends with Better Lives are guests on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT. Zoe will also be on Pop Sugar Now on TV Guide Network at 6pm and on the next day on their website at noon.
- Drew Carey (The Drew Carey Show/The Good Life) - Drew visits The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Andre Braugher (Brooklyn Nine-Nine) - Andre will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Kirstie Alley (Kirstie/Veronica's Closet/Cheers) - Kirstie throws down a figure-friendly chicken dinner on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Ted Lange (The Love Boat) - Ted is a guest on a repeat of The Better Show, so check your local listings.
- Brittany Daniel (The Game/That '80s Show) - Brittany shares her story of triumph over non-Hodgkins lymphoma on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Beau Bridges (The Millers) - Beau appears on The Queen Latifah Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Toni Collette (United States of Tara) - Toni will be on HuffPost Live.
- Thomas Haden Church (Wings) - Thomas is a guest on HuffPost Live.
- Sofia Vergara (Modern Family/Hot Properties/The Knights of Prosperity) - Sofia visits ABC's Good Morning America between 7-9am.
- James Van Der Beek (Friends with Better Lives/Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23) - James will be on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Holly Robinson Peete (Hangin' with Mr. Cooper/For Your Love) - Holly hosts the Plugged In panel on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Christine Lakin Step by Step) - Christine will be on Big Morning Buzz Live on VH1 at 10am all this week.