Thursday, October 10, 2013
CBS Monday Sitcom Changes: We Are Men Canceled, Mike & Molly Returns; Nick Sitcoms Sam & Cat, See Dad Run Get Halloween Episodes
The first new sitcom pulled from the schedule is... We Are Men on CBS after just two airings. This is the second new series that has been pulled (the first being ABC drama Lucky 7), but the first sitcom off the line-up. Effective immediately, 2 Broke Girls moves to 8:30 PM, replacing the aforementioned single-camera comedy We Are Men. Rebroadcasts of The Big Bang Theory will temporarily air at 9:00 PM for the next two weeks (Oct. 14 and 21). No word on what will air on Oct. 28 yet, but starting Nov. 4, Mike & Molly returns to the schedule with its fourth season premiere at a new time of 9:00pm ET/PT, anchoring CBS Monday. The sitcom of course stars stars Billy Gardell, Melissa McCarthy, Reno Wilson, Katy Mixon, Swoosie Kurtz, Nyambi Nyambi, Louis Mustillo, Cleo King, Rondi Reed and David Higgins. CBS has struggled on Mondays this season with its comedies and new drama Hostages. The only series posting good numbers is How I Met Your Mother, which is in its final season. As of now, Hostages will continue to air Mondays at 10pm on CBS after new sitcom Mom. Stay with us for continued updates.
This Halloween season, Nickelodeon will treat viewers to a month of spooky, side-splitting new episodes from hit series Sam & Cat, The Haunted Hathaways, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, SpongeBob SquarePants, See Dad Run, Peter Rabbit, Deadtime Stories and a Halloween themed AwesomenessTV episode hosted by pop sensation Cody Simpson. We will cover the sitcom info from these. Sam & Cat "#DollSitting" airs Saturday, Oct. 19, at 8:00p.m. On Halloween, Sam and Cat are hired to babysit a doll, with unusual and creepy results. Cat also thinks she may have accidentally turned Dice into a monkey with a magic spell. Then The Haunted Hathaways "Haunted Halloween" airs Saturday, Oct. 19, at 8:30pm. When Ray and Miles agree to help Taylor with her first Halloween party in the Hathaway/Preston house by doing parlor tricks, things go awry after Louie defiantly turns to a powerful ghost to help really haunt the party. And on See Dad Run "See Dad Halloween" episode that airs Sunday, Oct. 20, at 8:00pm, David hopes to get the kids in the Halloween spirit, so he takes them with him to "exorcise" the Ghost of Stage 19. The kids aren't impressed until crazy things start happening at home, and the whole family is freaked out. Additionally, TeenNick reboots the classic "Nick or Treat" as "Nick or Tweet" with Halloween episodes of '90s classics Hey Arnold, Rugrats and more. Viewers can watch and tweet the secret word for the chance to win a super '90s prize pack.
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, July 24
The Big Bang Theory - "The Discovery Dissipation" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Leonard and Amy help Sheldon cope with the shame he’s feeling after his accidental contribution to science is disproved. Meanwhile, Raj must stay with Howard and Bernadette for a week.
The Millers - "Driving Miss Crazy" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Nathan gets frustrated after he’s forced to drive Carol around town for errands once again, he demands that she either learn how to drive or find another chauffeur. But when Debbie volunteers Adam to drive Carol, everyone’s surprised when they form an unexpected bond.
Welcome to Sweden - "Proving Love/Lagenhet" (NBC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Bruce (Greg Poehler) and Emma (Josephine Bornebusch) move into an apartment in Stockholm and Bruce tries his best to introduce himself to the neighbors. Meanwhile, the couple is forced to prove their relationship at the immigration office, but the interviews don’t go quite as planned. Elsewhere, Emma suspects one of Bruce’s former clients, Aubrey Plaza (guest starring as herself), may be stalking him, while another, Amy Poehler (guest starring as herself), is in desperate need of his professional assistance.
Working the Engels - "Jenna's Friend" (NBC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Jimmy (Benjamin Arthur) gives their grandmother’s ring to a stripper, Jenna (Kacey Rohl) is forced to intervene to get it back – and makes an unlikely friend in the process. Meanwhile, Sandy (Azura Skye) wins free mother/daughter hip-hop classes and brings Ceil (Andrea Martin) along, but they quickly realize the class isn't meant for them. Ceil is ready to get out of there, until a former friend makes fun of Sandy, and then Ceil is determined not only that they stay, but that they win the dance competition. Rachel Wilson, Rebecca Dalton and Shawn Byfield guest star.
Married - "The Shower" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
A.J. and Jess hijack Russ and Lina's night out.
You're the Worst - "Insouciance" (FX, 10:30PM ET/PT)
Jimmy attempts to take Gretchen on a date.
Love That Girl - "The Hot Seat" (TV One, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Imunique agrees to throw a bachelorette party for DeMiracle's fiance.
Thursday, July 24
- David Duchovny (Californication) - Catch David on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Mary Lynn Rajskub (How to Be a Gentleman) - Mary Lynn stops by Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Mo'Nique (The Parkers) - Mo'Nique appears on a repeat of The Arsenio Hall Show, so check your local listings.
- Wanda Sykes (The New Adventures of Old Christine/Wanda at Large) - Wanda is a guest on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Kristin Chenoweth (Kristin) - Tune in to see Kristin on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Judy Greer (Married/Mad Love/Miss Guided) and Nat Faxon (Married/Ben and Kate) - Judy and Nat talk about their new FX series Married on NBC's Today in the 9am hour. They will also be on HuffPost Live.
- Adrienne Barbeau (Maude) - Adrienne discusses her role in the Hallmark Movie Channel original movie The Memory Book on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Greg Poehler (Welcome to Sweden) - Greg is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Leah Remini (The King of Queens/Family Tools) - Leah appears on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 3am on BET.
- Craig Ferguson (The Drew Carey Show) - Craig will be on Larry King Now at 2/5pm PT/ET on Ora.tv and Hulu.
- Jennie Garth and Tori Spelling (Mystery Girls) - Jennie and Tori are guests on Fox & Friends on Fox News Channel at 7:45am. Jennie will also be on HuffPost Live.