Thursday, October 10, 2013
CBS Monday Sitcom Changes: We Are Men Canceled, Mike & Molly Returns; Nick Sitcoms Sam & Cat, See Dad Run Get Halloween Episodes
The first new sitcom pulled from the schedule is... We Are Men on CBS after just two airings. This is the second new series that has been pulled (the first being ABC drama Lucky 7), but the first sitcom off the line-up. Effective immediately, 2 Broke Girls moves to 8:30 PM, replacing the aforementioned single-camera comedy We Are Men. Rebroadcasts of The Big Bang Theory will temporarily air at 9:00 PM for the next two weeks (Oct. 14 and 21). No word on what will air on Oct. 28 yet, but starting Nov. 4, Mike & Molly returns to the schedule with its fourth season premiere at a new time of 9:00pm ET/PT, anchoring CBS Monday. The sitcom of course stars stars Billy Gardell, Melissa McCarthy, Reno Wilson, Katy Mixon, Swoosie Kurtz, Nyambi Nyambi, Louis Mustillo, Cleo King, Rondi Reed and David Higgins. CBS has struggled on Mondays this season with its comedies and new drama Hostages. The only series posting good numbers is How I Met Your Mother, which is in its final season. As of now, Hostages will continue to air Mondays at 10pm on CBS after new sitcom Mom. Stay with us for continued updates.
This Halloween season, Nickelodeon will treat viewers to a month of spooky, side-splitting new episodes from hit series Sam & Cat, The Haunted Hathaways, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, SpongeBob SquarePants, See Dad Run, Peter Rabbit, Deadtime Stories and a Halloween themed AwesomenessTV episode hosted by pop sensation Cody Simpson. We will cover the sitcom info from these. Sam & Cat "#DollSitting" airs Saturday, Oct. 19, at 8:00p.m. On Halloween, Sam and Cat are hired to babysit a doll, with unusual and creepy results. Cat also thinks she may have accidentally turned Dice into a monkey with a magic spell. Then The Haunted Hathaways "Haunted Halloween" airs Saturday, Oct. 19, at 8:30pm. When Ray and Miles agree to help Taylor with her first Halloween party in the Hathaway/Preston house by doing parlor tricks, things go awry after Louie defiantly turns to a powerful ghost to help really haunt the party. And on See Dad Run "See Dad Halloween" episode that airs Sunday, Oct. 20, at 8:00pm, David hopes to get the kids in the Halloween spirit, so he takes them with him to "exorcise" the Ghost of Stage 19. The kids aren't impressed until crazy things start happening at home, and the whole family is freaked out. Additionally, TeenNick reboots the classic "Nick or Treat" as "Nick or Tweet" with Halloween episodes of '90s classics Hey Arnold, Rugrats and more. Viewers can watch and tweet the secret word for the chance to win a super '90s prize pack.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (November)
11/03 - Californication - The Complete Series
11/03 - Getting On - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
11/03 - Hank (1965-66) - The Complete Series
11/03 - I Love Lucy - The Complete Series
11/03 - Men at Work - The Complete Second Season
11/03 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
11/03 - 'Til Death - The Complete Third Season
11/10 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - The Complete Remastered Series (DVD)
11/10 - Maude - The Complete Third Season
11/10 - WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete Final (Fourth) Season
11/17 - Cristela - The Complete First Season
11/17 - McHale's Navy - The Complete Series
11/17 - Sgt. Bilko (The Phil Silvers Show) - The Fourth Season
11/24 - George Lopez - The Complete Sixth Seaon
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, November 26
The Muppets - "Pig Out" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
The gang has an epic night out when they run into Ed Helms at Rowlf’s Tavern and they all perform their favorite karaoke jams, but Kermit is not pleased when no one shows up to work the next day. Meanwhile, Fozzie has an unfortunate accident during the show.
Fresh Off the Boat - "Huangsgiving" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
The Huangs are hosting Thanksgiving this year, and Jessica is determined to out-do her sister who has hosted in years past. Clipboard in hand, Louis puts Emery and Evan on table décor duty while he and Jessica prepare the perfect feast. But despite their best-laid plans, unexpected mishaps and hangovers force Louis and Jessica to scramble to get an edible meal on the dining table. Meanwhile, Eddie and his cousin discover the power of the Internet.
The Middle - "Thanksgiving VII" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
With the Heck house in disarray due to the kitchen sink hole and miniature dining room table, Frankie suggests that the family enjoy a Thanksgiving feast at the local King’s Feast buffet. But all does not run so smoothly when Sue invites her boyfriend Darrin to dine with the family and gets the feeling that Mike doesn’t like him very much, Brick invites his quirky girlfriend Cindy, and Axl is forced by Frankie to invite a girl he doesn’t even know to the holiday meal.
The Goldbergs - "In Conclusion, Thanksgiving" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
everly insists the entire family gather for the holiday, but tension builds when brother-in-law Marvin tricks Pop-Pop into thinking Thanksgiving was at his house.Meanwhile, Pops passes the torch to Barry and Erica to give the holiday toast, resulting in them trying to one-up each other.
Last Man Standing - "The Gratitude List" (ABC, 10:00PM ET/PT) (Repet)
Although Vanessa is disappointed it will only be her, Mike and Eve at the Baxter Thanksgiving table, she’s more let down when Eve bypasses one of their holiday traditions and calls it “goofy.” Meanwhile, Kristin finds out Mandy is lying to their parents about where she and Kyle will be spending Thanksgiving dinner.
Dr. Ken - "Thanksgiving Culture Clash" (ABC, 10:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Molly rebels and gets a Japanese tattoo, which spirals Ken and Allison into having a cultural face-off when Allison claims she is more Japanese than Ken is Korean. At a holiday dinner, they push their traditional dishes on their guests, while Dave documents the Thanksgiving events for a school project. Also, Julie, fearful of being alone due to a recent heartbreak, invites the office over to her place – but Damona and Clark try finding a way to leave early so they can make it to their other Thanksgiving plans.
The Big Bang Theory - "The Matrimonial Momentum" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
After driving to Vegas to get married, Penny struggles with Leonard’s confession that he kissed another girl. Also, Sheldon doesn’t know how to act after Amy pushes pause on their relationship. Laurie Metcalf returns as Sheldon’s mother, Mary.
Life in Pieces - "Hospital Boudoir Time-Out Namaste" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Jen cuts her finger and Greg takes her to the hospital, they finally have the first quality alone time they’ve had in months. Also, John takes Samantha and Sophia to a restaurant where everything is named after feelings, Heather gives Tim a sexy anniversary gift, and Sophia is punished after Heather hears her swearing.
Mom - "Sawdust and Brisket" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Christy is thrilled when Violet tells her she wants to spend more time together and improve their relationship. Also, Bonnie tries to make amends with her nemesis in the building, Beverly (Amy Hill). David Krumholtz returns as Gregory, Violet’s fiancé.
2 Broke Girls - "And the Maybe Baby" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When the girls run into Caroline’s newly engaged ex, Candy Andy (Ryan Hansen), Caroline wonders if she made a mistake when she sees how much he supports his fiancé’s career.
Thursday, November 26
- Queen Latifah (Living Single) - Catch Queen Latifah on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. She reveals her unusual first job, her first big splurge, her latest obsession and more on a repeat of The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Rashida Jones (Parks and Recreation/The Office) - Rashida stops by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Ty Burrell (Modern Family/Back to You/Out of Practice) - Ty appears on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Lake Bell (Wet Hot American Summer: First Day of Camp/How to Make It in America) - Lake is a guest on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Jack Black (The Brink) - Jack will be on a repeat of The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Bradley Whitford (Trophy Wife) - Bradley appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Patricia Heaton (The Middle/Back to You/Everybody Loves Raymond) - Patricia is a guest on a repeat of LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Keke Palmer (Scream Queens/True Jackson, VP) - Keke appears on a repeat of LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Jennifer Grey (Red Oaks/It's Like, You Know...) - Jennifer talks about her Amazon show Red Oaks on a repeat of The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Judith Light (Transparent/Phenom/Who's the Boss?) - Judith talks about Transparent on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Marlo Thomas (That Girl) - Marlo will be on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Terry Crews (Brooklyn Nine-Nine/Are We There Yet?/Everybody Hates Chris) - Terry talks about World's Funniest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Sofia Vergara (Modern Family/The Knights of Prosperity/Hot Properties) - Sofia chats with the ladies of The View on a repeat on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Anthony Anderson (black-ish/Guys with Kids/All About the Andersons) - Anthony chats with the ladies of The View on a repeat on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Scott Foley (The Goodwin Games/A.U.S.A./Scrubs) - Scott appears on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.