Tuesday, September 03, 2013
WE tv Fall 2013 Schedule with Will & Grace; Queen Latifah and CBS Sitcom Stars on Teach, A New CBS Special
This Fall, WE tv will be adding the hit sitcom Will & Grace to its line-up as it moves from Lifetime to WE tv. This isn't an exclusive deal, but Lifetime did lose rights. The deal was made for WE tv a few years back, as we announced. The series will launch with a launch marathon on Sunday, Sept. 22 from 2pm-11pm with an assortment of episodes. Select episodes will encore in late night as well from 11pm-5am. Then Will & Grace will join the regular WE tv line-up the very next day (Monday, Sept. 23, 2013), airing weekdays from 5-8pm ET replacing the evening airings of Roseanne. In addition, Will & Grace will air Tuesday nights in primetime from 8pm-1am with an encore from 1am-5am. Back to Roseanne, that sitcom will still air weekdays from 10am-1pm and on Saturdays from 10am-4pm. The rest of the schedule will remain intact, with CSI: Miami the only other off-network offering, airing Mondays from 8pm-1am (encore 1am-5am) and Sundays from 4pm-11pm (encores 11pm-5am).
Reality series round out the rest of the schedule and in primetime. Encores of Bridezillas air weekdays at 1pm & 2pm leading into repeats of My Fair Wedding at 3pm & 4pm. In primetime, we mentioned CSI Miami Sundays & Mondays and Will & Grace Tuesdays, but Wednesdays will have repeats of Tamar and Vince: Posh & Pregnant and Braxton Family Values from 8pm-5am. On Thursdays, it is a full night of Tamar and Vince: Posh & Pregnant, including new episodes at 9pm. Fridays will have the return of Kendra On Top starring the sexy Kendra Wilkinson at 10pm. New episodes of Bridezillas will lead-in at 9pm. Encores of both series will air throughout the night. And on Saturdays, original series David Tutera Unveiled airs at 9pm. That's all that is notable. Stay with us for continued updates.
Celebrities from film, television and professional sports will honor educators as part of Teach, a new two-hour special that explores America's education system through the eyes, minds and hearts of its most essential resource – teachers, which premieres Friday, Sept. 6 from 8:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT on CBS. CBS network stars Jon Cryer (Two and a Half Men), Anna Faris (Mom), Allison Janney (Mom) and Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men), along with Paul George (NBA's Indiana Pacers), Joseph Gordon-Levitt (HitRECord on TV!, Don Jon) and Rashida Jones (The Awesomes, Parks and Recreation) will appear on the broadcast, joining previously announced host and narrator Queen Latifah. The special, from Academy Award winner Davis Guggenheim (The First Year, Waiting for Superman) and Participant Media, captures the essence of what it means to be a teacher through the lens and extensive footage of a year-in-the-life of four public school teachers.
Teach offers an intense and emotional illustration of how passion, innovation and a toolbox of learned skills drive these educators as they navigate the ups and downs of the 2012-2013 school year. Viewers will go into the public school district classrooms of: Matt Johnson, a 4th grade teacher at McGlone Elementary, Denver; Shelby Harris, 7th grade math teacher at Kuna Middle School, Kuna, Idaho; Joel Laguna, a 10th grade AP World History teacher at Garfield High, Los Angeles; and Lindsay Chinn, a 9th grade algebra teacher at MLK Early College, Denver. Tune in this Friday on CBS.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January)
12/06 - Family Guy - Season Fourteen
12/13 - American Dad! - Volume 11
12/13 - Newhart - The Complete Seventh Season
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Wednesday, January 18
Fresh Off the Boat - "Clean Slate" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
On the eve of Chinese New Year, Jessica pushes the entire family to settle all debts, disputes and grudges to ensure good fortune for the coming year. Unsure if she can contain her temper for the remainder of the day, Jessica enlists Emery to makes sure she keeps her cool. Meanwhile, Louis and Evan go on a wild goose chase to hunt down some hate mail, and Eddie is forced to entertain his super lame cousin.
Speechless - " S-I-- SICK D-A-- DAY" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Maya gets sick, Jimmy is forced to be the mom of the house, and Dylan becomes Kenneth’s replacement for JJ when Kenneth also gets sick. Jimmy ends up doing well with Maya’s normal duties, but he tries to keep it from her to avoid her feeling bad. Meanwhile, JJ protects Dylan from a boy she’s interested in. And despite its illness, the family bands together and pulls an all-nighter to finish Ray’s school project.
Modern Family - "Halloween 4: The Revenge of Rod Skyhook" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Luke’s Halloween party isn’t the monster bash he dreamed of and is at risk of having the worst party of the year. Sensing trouble, the rest of the Dunphy’s realize all his party needs is a visit from Rod Skyhook, a little promotion and some adult supervision to get it started. Meanwhile at the Tucker-Pritchett home, Cam faces off with his Halloween nemesis while Lily and Mitchell try to save the day and work to keep him from going to the darkside. Finally, when Jay finds out that Manny is going to a party at the home of an old enemy, he enlists him to deliver a trick he will never forget.
black-ish - "Good Dre Hunting" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Bow convinces a begrudging Dre to try therapy, and he learns how to cope with his anger issues. Meanwhile, Johan becomes a life coach to the kids.
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - "Old Lady House: A Situation Comedy" (FXX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Charlie thinks Mac's mom is holding his mom hostage so the gang installs spy cameras in their house to monitor what's going on. What they end up discovering is the moms are quite entertaining once Dennis makes some quick edits and adds a laugh track to the surveillance footage. Dee wants in on the new hit show and Frank becomes obsessed with banging Charlie's mom now that he's seen her on TV.
Man Seeking Woman - "Horse" (FXX, 10:30PM ET/PT)
Lucy attempts to forge a relationship with Josh's best friend Mike.
Schitt's Creek - "The Throuple" (Pop, 8:00PM ET/PT)
David and Stevie try to come to terms with their new relationship; Alexis and Moira plan a mother/daughter lunch.
Wednesday, January 18
- Wendi McLendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Watch Wendi on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Nick Offerman (Parks and Recreation) - Nick visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. He also talks about The Founder on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am and on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Louie Anderson (Baskets/Life with Louie/The Louie Show) - Louie appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Michael Keaton (Working Stiffs/All's Fair) - Michael is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Woody Harrelson (Cheers) - Woody stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Eric McCormack (Will & Grace) - Eric appears on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Ted Danson (The Good Place/Becker/Cheers) - Ted visits Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Judah Friedlander (30 Rock) - Judah is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Neil Patrick Harris (How I Met Your Mother/Stark Raving Mad/Doogie Howser, M.D.) and B.J. Novak (The Office) - Neil and B.J. are guests on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo. Neil can also be heard on The Morning Mash Up on SiriusXM at 10:20am.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry and his wife Rebecca Romijn chat with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Christian Slater (Breaking In) - Christian guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Matt LeBlanc (Man with a Plan/Episodes/Friends) - Matt appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Patrick Warburton (Crowded/Rules of Engagement/Less Than Perfect) - Patrick is a guest on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Kirstie Alley (Cheers/Veronica's Closet/Kirstie) - Kirstie dishes about the new season of Scream Queens and her weight loss with Jenny Craig on The Wendy Williams Show at 2am on BET or on your local stations.