Tuesday, September 03, 2013
WE tv Fall 2013 Schedule with Will & Grace; Queen Latifah and CBS Sitcom Stars on Teach, A New CBS Special
This Fall, WE tv will be adding the hit sitcom Will & Grace to its line-up as it moves from Lifetime to WE tv. This isn't an exclusive deal, but Lifetime did lose rights. The deal was made for WE tv a few years back, as we announced. The series will launch with a launch marathon on Sunday, Sept. 22 from 2pm-11pm with an assortment of episodes. Select episodes will encore in late night as well from 11pm-5am. Then Will & Grace will join the regular WE tv line-up the very next day (Monday, Sept. 23, 2013), airing weekdays from 5-8pm ET replacing the evening airings of Roseanne. In addition, Will & Grace will air Tuesday nights in primetime from 8pm-1am with an encore from 1am-5am. Back to Roseanne, that sitcom will still air weekdays from 10am-1pm and on Saturdays from 10am-4pm. The rest of the schedule will remain intact, with CSI: Miami the only other off-network offering, airing Mondays from 8pm-1am (encore 1am-5am) and Sundays from 4pm-11pm (encores 11pm-5am).
Reality series round out the rest of the schedule and in primetime. Encores of Bridezillas air weekdays at 1pm & 2pm leading into repeats of My Fair Wedding at 3pm & 4pm. In primetime, we mentioned CSI Miami Sundays & Mondays and Will & Grace Tuesdays, but Wednesdays will have repeats of Tamar and Vince: Posh & Pregnant and Braxton Family Values from 8pm-5am. On Thursdays, it is a full night of Tamar and Vince: Posh & Pregnant, including new episodes at 9pm. Fridays will have the return of Kendra On Top starring the sexy Kendra Wilkinson at 10pm. New episodes of Bridezillas will lead-in at 9pm. Encores of both series will air throughout the night. And on Saturdays, original series David Tutera Unveiled airs at 9pm. That's all that is notable. Stay with us for continued updates.
Celebrities from film, television and professional sports will honor educators as part of Teach, a new two-hour special that explores America's education system through the eyes, minds and hearts of its most essential resource – teachers, which premieres Friday, Sept. 6 from 8:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT on CBS. CBS network stars Jon Cryer (Two and a Half Men), Anna Faris (Mom), Allison Janney (Mom) and Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men), along with Paul George (NBA's Indiana Pacers), Joseph Gordon-Levitt (HitRECord on TV!, Don Jon) and Rashida Jones (The Awesomes, Parks and Recreation) will appear on the broadcast, joining previously announced host and narrator Queen Latifah. The special, from Academy Award winner Davis Guggenheim (The First Year, Waiting for Superman) and Participant Media, captures the essence of what it means to be a teacher through the lens and extensive footage of a year-in-the-life of four public school teachers.
Teach offers an intense and emotional illustration of how passion, innovation and a toolbox of learned skills drive these educators as they navigate the ups and downs of the 2012-2013 school year. Viewers will go into the public school district classrooms of: Matt Johnson, a 4th grade teacher at McGlone Elementary, Denver; Shelby Harris, 7th grade math teacher at Kuna Middle School, Kuna, Idaho; Joel Laguna, a 10th grade AP World History teacher at Garfield High, Los Angeles; and Lindsay Chinn, a 9th grade algebra teacher at MLK Early College, Denver. Tune in this Friday on CBS.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, October 25
The Middle - "Halloween VIII: The Heckoning" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
As Halloween approaches, Frankie is taken aback when she discovers that, if the circumstances ever arose where she and Mike got divorced, the kids would all choose to live with Mike. Meanwhile, Sue tries everything in her power to get her room back from Brick, and having to be so nice around girlfriend April all of the time leads Axl to lash out at his family.
American Housewife - "Westport Zombies" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Katie, jealous of Taylor’s friendship with neighbor Viv (Leslie Bibb), reluctantly competes in the Westport Halloween “Zombie Run” after she finds out they’ll both be running. Meanwhile, Greg and Anna-Kat get a little too much in character for the “zombie” part of the run’s obstacle course.
Fresh Off the Boat - "Louisween" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
It’s Louis’ favorite holiday, and he makes every attempt to scare Jessica into the Halloween spirit, but she is buried in her word processor, drafting her first horror novel. Meanwhile, Emery and Evan debate costume choices, and Eddie and his crew are excited to party with high schoolers at Nicole’s house.
The Real O'Neals - "The Real Halloween" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Halloween arrives, or what Kenny refers to as “the gay Super Bowl,” he plans to go to Boystown to watch the festive costume parade. In an effort to prevent Kenny from attending, Eileen agrees to let him throw his own Halloween party at home. Eileen’s tolerance is ultimately tested when Kenny recruits Stuart and his gay friends to join the big party, and he makes a BIG costume change. Meanwhile, Jimmy and Shannon plan to pull off an epic Halloween prank.
Atlanta - "Junteenth" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Why my Auntie trying to make me go to one of these bougie Junteenth parties again? I don't like them sadity people and I'm gonna miss my shows. Le sigh.
Family Time - "Head of House" (Bounce TV, 9:00PM ET/PT)
When the Stallworths have an unexpected visitor, they learn of a vicious crime that took place in their home years ago.
Tuesday, October 25
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Catch Will on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Matt LeBlanc (Man with a Plan/Episodes/Friends) - Matt is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Cobie Smulders (How I Met Your Mother) - Cobie appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Skylar Astin (Ground Floor) - Skylar is a guest on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Ron drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Mary Lynn Rajskub (How to Be a Gentleman/Veronica's Closet/The Larry Sanders Show) and David Koechner (Another Period/Hank/The Office) - Mary and David are guests on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- John Lithgow (3rd Rock from the Sun/Twenty Good Years) - John appears on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Jamie Lee Curtis (Scream Queens/Anything But Love) - Jamie Lee is a guest on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Erinn Hayes (Kevin Can Wait/Guys with Kids/Worst Week) - Erinn plays a celeb guessing game with Rach, who’s serving up no-fail make-your-own takeout, on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Mary Steenburgen (The Last Man on Earth/Ink) - Mary joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Ana Gasteyer (People of Earth/Lady Dynamite/Suburgatory) - Ana will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET. She will also be on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Cheryl Hines (Son of Zorn/Suburgatory/Curb Your Enthusiasm) - Cheryl is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Abbi Jacobson (Broad City) - Abbi will be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. She will also be on the AOL Build Show 4pm.
- Don Rickles (C.P.O. Sharkey/Daddy Dearest) - Don is a guest on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Nico Tortorella (Younger) - Nico appears on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.