Tuesday, September 03, 2013
WE tv Fall 2013 Schedule with Will & Grace; Queen Latifah and CBS Sitcom Stars on Teach, A New CBS Special
This Fall, WE tv will be adding the hit sitcom Will & Grace to its line-up as it moves from Lifetime to WE tv. This isn't an exclusive deal, but Lifetime did lose rights. The deal was made for WE tv a few years back, as we announced. The series will launch with a launch marathon on Sunday, Sept. 22 from 2pm-11pm with an assortment of episodes. Select episodes will encore in late night as well from 11pm-5am. Then Will & Grace will join the regular WE tv line-up the very next day (Monday, Sept. 23, 2013), airing weekdays from 5-8pm ET replacing the evening airings of Roseanne. In addition, Will & Grace will air Tuesday nights in primetime from 8pm-1am with an encore from 1am-5am. Back to Roseanne, that sitcom will still air weekdays from 10am-1pm and on Saturdays from 10am-4pm. The rest of the schedule will remain intact, with CSI: Miami the only other off-network offering, airing Mondays from 8pm-1am (encore 1am-5am) and Sundays from 4pm-11pm (encores 11pm-5am).
Reality series round out the rest of the schedule and in primetime. Encores of Bridezillas air weekdays at 1pm & 2pm leading into repeats of My Fair Wedding at 3pm & 4pm. In primetime, we mentioned CSI Miami Sundays & Mondays and Will & Grace Tuesdays, but Wednesdays will have repeats of Tamar and Vince: Posh & Pregnant and Braxton Family Values from 8pm-5am. On Thursdays, it is a full night of Tamar and Vince: Posh & Pregnant, including new episodes at 9pm. Fridays will have the return of Kendra On Top starring the sexy Kendra Wilkinson at 10pm. New episodes of Bridezillas will lead-in at 9pm. Encores of both series will air throughout the night. And on Saturdays, original series David Tutera Unveiled airs at 9pm. That's all that is notable. Stay with us for continued updates.
Celebrities from film, television and professional sports will honor educators as part of Teach, a new two-hour special that explores America's education system through the eyes, minds and hearts of its most essential resource – teachers, which premieres Friday, Sept. 6 from 8:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT on CBS. CBS network stars Jon Cryer (Two and a Half Men), Anna Faris (Mom), Allison Janney (Mom) and Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men), along with Paul George (NBA's Indiana Pacers), Joseph Gordon-Levitt (HitRECord on TV!, Don Jon) and Rashida Jones (The Awesomes, Parks and Recreation) will appear on the broadcast, joining previously announced host and narrator Queen Latifah. The special, from Academy Award winner Davis Guggenheim (The First Year, Waiting for Superman) and Participant Media, captures the essence of what it means to be a teacher through the lens and extensive footage of a year-in-the-life of four public school teachers.
Teach offers an intense and emotional illustration of how passion, innovation and a toolbox of learned skills drive these educators as they navigate the ups and downs of the 2012-2013 school year. Viewers will go into the public school district classrooms of: Matt Johnson, a 4th grade teacher at McGlone Elementary, Denver; Shelby Harris, 7th grade math teacher at Kuna Middle School, Kuna, Idaho; Joel Laguna, a 10th grade AP World History teacher at Garfield High, Los Angeles; and Lindsay Chinn, a 9th grade algebra teacher at MLK Early College, Denver. Tune in this Friday on CBS.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (March/April)
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
04/04 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season
04/11 - Father Knows Best - Season Five
04/11 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Third Season
04/11 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/11 - Veep - The Complete Fifth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, April 25
The Middle - "Trip and Fall" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Trashy neighbor Rita Glossner (Brooke Shields) talks an apprehensive Frankie into taking a road trip to an unknown destination; Mike takes an embarrassing fall at the quarry and has to deal with even more embarrassment when OSHA is called in to investigate; and Sue attempts to convince Axl to end his estrangement with the family after learning their true feelings about April.
American Housewife - "The Otto Motto" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Taylor keeps quitting school activities, Greg says that Katie, quite the quitter herself, sets a poor example. He challenges her to finally learn French after quitting lessons so long ago, so she reluctantly enrolls in a college class.
Speechless - "S-I-- SICK D-A-- DAY" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Maya gets sick, Jimmy is forced to be the mom of the house, and Dylan becomes Kenneth’s replacement for JJ when Kenneth also gets sick. Jimmy ends up doing well with Maya’s normal duties, but he tries to keep it from her to avoid her feeling bad. Meanwhile, JJ protects Dylan from a boy she’s interested in. And despite its illness, the family bands together and pulls an all-nighter to finish Ray’s school project.
Imaginary Mary - "In a World Where Worlds Collide" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Alice freaks out when her friends want to meet Ben. But when an outing with everyone goes surprisingly well, Alice wants to meet Ben’s friends. However, Ben is hesitant but devises a plan that will impress Alice; but later, he makes a surprising admission.
Brooklyn Nine-Nine - "The Last Ride" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
In what could be their last case as partners, Jake and Charles go to great extremes to apprehend a local bike thief. Terry shockingly isn’t in the lead for “Mr. Nine-Nine” (the detective who has solved the most cases), leaving Rosa determined to boost his ego. Meanwhile, Amy spends some precious time with Holt.
The Mick - "The Implant" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Sabrina tells Mickey she wants to augment her figure, so Mickey decides the best way to dissuade her from doing so is to do a test-run in public. Meanwhile, Jimmy takes Chip and Ben to a baseball game to teach them how to be more masculine.
Great News - "Pilot" (NBC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Katie (Briga Heelan), a frustrated cable news producer, is horrified when her mom, Carol (Andrea Martin), gets an internship at "The Breakdown." Despite Katie's best efforts, Carol is instantly beloved by the entire office, including blowhard veteran anchor Chuck (John Michael Higgins). But when Katie hits a roadblock while producing a big story, she realizes that maybe having a mom at work isn't such a bad thing.
Great News - "Bear Attack" (NBC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Katie (Briga Heelan) tries to set workplace boundaries with Carol (Andrea Martin), but when a big story about an escaped bear lands in her lap, her mom can't help but meddle. Meanwhile, Greg (Adam Campbell) tries to get Chuck (John Michael Higgins) and Portia (Nicole Richie) to do a little friendly banter at the end of the show.
The Detour - "The Mule" (TBS, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Robin and Nate live out their action movie fantasies as they make their way to the kids, who are actually doing fine without them.
The Detour - "The Ass" (TBS, 10:30PM ET/PT)
The family reunites, but this time Robin makes a huge mistake.
Tuesday, April 25
- Amanda Peet (Brockmire/Togetherness/Bent) - Catch Amanda on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC. She also appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Patton Oswalt (The Goldbergs/The King of Queens) - Patton stops by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Kal Penn (We Are Men/How I Met Your Mother) - Kal is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Sanaa Lathan (Family Guy/The Cleveland Show/LateLine) - Sanaa stops by Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Reid Scott (Veep/My Boys) - Reid visits Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Arden Myrin (Working) - Arden appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Hank Azaria (Brockmire/The Simpsons/Free Agents) - Hank is a guest on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Andrea Martin (Difficult People/Working the Engels) - Andrea visits Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- John Leguizamo (The Brothers Garcia) - John guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Patti LaBelle (Out All Night) - Patti will be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Andrea Martin (Great News/Difficult People/Working the Engels) - Andrea talks about Good News on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and in the 10am hour.
- Alfonso Ribeiro (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air/In the House/Silver Spoons) - Alfonso will be on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Jason Jones (The Detour) - Jason talks about The Detour on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Ross Lynch (Austin & Ally) - Ross opens up about his new movie My Friend Dahmer on People Now at 8:30am.
- Tim Daly (Wings) - Tim is a guest on the AOL Build Show at 11am.
- Peter Engel (Producer of Saved by the Bell/California Dreams/Hang Time) - Peter dishes about his new memoir I Was Saved by the Bell on the The Wendy Williams Show at 2am on BET or on your local stations.
- Sherri Shepherd (Trial & Error/Less Than Perfect/Sherri) - Sherri is a guest on The Real, so check your local listings.
- Danny DeVito (It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia/Taxi) - Danny appears on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.