Wednesday, September 18, 2013
The Munsters and The Addams Family Return Again to Boomerang in October; CBS.com Presents a Pre-Premiere of We Are Men
Based on Charles Addams' New Yorker comics, The Addams Family featured a much more well-to-do family of creepy characters that generally stayed within their eerie yet palatial mansion. Also shot in black-and-white and immortalized by a catchy, snappy theme-song, The Addams Family starred John Astin as Gomez Addams; Carolyn Jones as his wife, Morticia; Jackie Coogan as Uncle Fester; Ted Cassidy as the butler, Lurch; Blossom Rock as Grandmama Addams; and Lisa Loring and Ken Weatherwax, respectively, as the Addams' children, Wednesday and Pugsley. The series' humor derives from a culture clash with the rest of the world - the Addams treat normal visitors (often arriving with evil intentions) with great warmth and courtesy, but are puzzled by the horrified reactions to their "ordinary" behavior and tastes. The Addams Family premiered on ABC Television on Sept. 18, 1964, and presented 64 episodes that concluded on April 8, 1966. The live-action sitcom will air weekdays at 2:30pm ET/PT and 12am ET/PT starting Monday, October 7. In the animated series, the Addams are not your typical family: they take delight in most of the things that "normal" people would be terrified of. Gomez Adams is an extremely wealthy man, and is able to indulge his wife Morticia's every desire - be it cultivation of poisonous plants, or a candlelit dinner in a graveyard. People visiting the Addams family just don't seem to appreciate the 7 foot tall butler "Lurch" or the helping hand (which is just a disembodied hand" named "Thing"). The animated The Addams Family will air also starting Monday, October 7, weekdays at 12:30pm & 1:00pm ET/PT, along with weekends from 12-1pm and 11pm-12am ET/PT. Remember all of these specials series are for October 2013 only and then these shows will be off the line-up in November. So tune in!
CBS.com is offering audiences a first-look at the premiere episode of We Are Men on CBS.com, the CBS App, and select CBS Audience Network sites. The new single-camera comedy makes its official debut on the CBS Television Network on Monday, Sept. 30 at 8:30PM ET/PT. During the television premiere on Sept. 30, fans can also chat live with many members of the We Are Men cast as part of this fall's CBS Tweet Week. During the broadcast in the Eastern and Central time zones, We Are Men stars Tony Shalhoub, Kal Penn and Chris Smith will be tweeting live and taking fan questions. Fans can join the conversation by following #CBSTweetWeek on Twitter or the stars' personal accounts: @SmithChris, @KalPenn and Tony Shalhoub via @WeAreMenCBS. We'll have a review of the comedy closer to the premiere. The series is about four single guys living in a short-term apartment complex who unexpectedly find camaraderie over their many missteps in love. Carter (Chris Smith), the youngest and most recent addition to the group, moved in after being ditched at the altar mid-ceremony, and is now eager to re-enter the dating scene and get on with his life with some guidance from his "band of brothers": Frank Russo, a middle-aged clothing manufacturer and four-time divorcée who still fancies himself a ladies man (Golden Globe and multiple Emmy Award winner Tony Shalhoub); Gil Bartis, a small business owner who was caught having the world's worst affair (Kal Penn); and Stuart Weber, a Speedo-wearing OB/GYN who's hiding his assets until his second divorce is settled (Jerry O'Connell); along with Abby, Frank's charming and attractive daughter, who stands as the one positive remnant from his failed relationships (Rebecca Breeds). Armed with a hot tub, poolside barbeque and plenty of questionable advice, these losers in the marriage department take Carter under their wing to impart their own brand of wisdom about the opposite sex.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, September 24
Henry Danger - "Love Muffin" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Captain Man suddenly announces he's getting married, Henry and Charlotte go searching for answers only to discover that things are not as they seem.
Game Shakers - "Secret Level" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Hudson releases false information about a secret level in a Game Shakers' game, Game Shakers is besieged by angry, crazy fans. Babe uses the secret level to go on a date with Mason Kendal.
School of Rock - "Wouldn't It Be Nice?" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Summer's failed attempt to share a locker with Freddy sets off a chain reaction of locker-switching that puts the entire band out of sync. Guest Star: Brec Bassinger
Saturday, September 24
- Norm Macdonald (Norm) - Watch Norm on CBS This Morning sometime between 7-9am.
- Mark Consuelos (Hope & Faith) - Catch Mark on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Zach Galifianakis (Baskets) - Watch Zach on on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Rob Lowe (The Grinder/Parks and Recreation) - Rob appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also talks about Code Black on CBS This Morning sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings. He will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Kal Penn (We Are Men/How I Met Your Mother) - Kal is a guest on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Will visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He will also be on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Norm Macdonald (Norm) - Norm stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Margaret Cho (All-American Girl) - Margaret appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Jaleel White (Family Matters/Grown Ups) - Jaleel is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Patton Oswalt (The Goldbergs/The King of Queens) - Patton visits Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Whoopi Goldberg (Whoopi/Bagdad Cafe) - Whoopi drops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Kristin Chenoweth (Kristin) - Kristin performs live on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am. She also talks about her new album on the AOL Build Show at 3pm.
- Sutton Foster (Younger) - Sutton talks about Younger on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- The Cast of Younger) - Sutton Foster, Debi Mazar, Hilary Duff, Nico Tortorella, Peter Hermann, Miriam Shor and Molly Bernard are guests on the AOL Build Show at 2:15pm.