Thursday, September 19, 2013
REELZCHANNEL TV announced that it has become a co-production and equity partner in OK! TV, the new nationally syndicated, daily entertainment show. OK! TV is an entertainment news magazine show with a focus on pop culture, gossip and celebrity lifestyle, offering a fresh perspective with exclusive content from newsmakers, celebrities and ordinary people with big stories. OK! TV leverages the editorial strength of the flagship media property OK! Magazine that stands as one of most successful and popular brands with five million weekly readers. OK! TV viewers will get great access to big entertainment events and behind-the-scenes stories from the OK! TV newsroom with talent and producing teams based in New York, Los Angeles and Las Vegas. The show launched last week in national syndication on WLNY New York, KCAL Los Angeles and WCUU Chicago, among others. On ReelzChannel TV, it airs weekdays at 9am, 12:30pm, and 3pm. As for its off-network fare, we still have some sitcoms airing. Wings airs weekdays at 9:30am & 11:30am, while Cheers airs at 10am & 2:30pm. Becker airs the most, airing weekdays at 10:30am, 11am & 2pm. Coach and some of the other sitcoms are no longer on the line-up. The Steven Seagal 2011-12 drama True Justice is airing weekdays at 1pm and encores at 4pm. The '90s drama Pacific Blue is also on the network but it is being replaced starting Monday (Sept. 23). The drama was airing weekdays at 11am and 2pm, but now we will get more sitcom airings as mentioned earlier. Stay with us for any additional updates!
USA Network is rolling out the red carpet for Modern Family and putting fans front and center. The network is creating a massive community of Modern Family fanatics, dubbed "MOFYs," offering these cult followers unique opportunities to engage with the series -- on-air, online, socially and on-the-ground -- like never before. The series premieres on USA on Tuesday, September 24 at 8|7c and airs five nights a week. Starting this week, die-hard MOFYs (which stands for "Make Our Family Yours") can congregate at MOFY Nation, (mofynation.com), a central digital hub where fans can interact to share favorite series scenes and personal family moments. Fans will be encouraged to upload testimonials inspired by the series for the rare opportunity to be featured on-air. So what exactly is a MOFY, and could you be one? View USA's new MOFY on-air spot to find out. USA is also announcing today the ultimate MOFY event: an exclusive Modern Family Fan Appreciation Day, featuring a live table read with the cast, on Monday, October 28 in Los Angeles. Fans can vote online for their favorite episode from a list curated by co-creators and executive producers Steven Levitan and Christopher Lloyd. The winning episode will be read by the cast, followed by a Q&A with the cast and creators. MOFYs across the U.S. can participate virtually by watching a live streaming of the red carpet and select interviews on Mofy Nation. View USA's on-air invitation to the event. Starting September 24, fans can delve deeper into the world of Modern Family with USA's sync-to-broadcast experience offered for all 90+ episodes from the first four seasons. Each second-screen event will incorporate native ad integration and include never-before-seen interviews with the show's writers, trivia and polls. Viewers can access this bonus content during the show in real-time via Modern Family SYNC at www.modernfamilysync.com or within the USA Anywhere App, as well as inside a number of Social TV apps including, NextGuide, Shazam, Viggle and zeebox. USA will also be creating weekly themed destination nights. Every Friday will be family night, otherwise known as TGIMF, (Thank Goodness It's Modern Family), when the entire brood can watch together. And, for all those MOFY aficionados, Sunday nights on USA will be a not-to-be-missed real-time social activation. The network is rolling out Modern Family LIVE, where fans can watch, play along on their connected device and see real-time on-air results to polls, fan meters and more. Every week, the top registered players will be featured on-air at the conclusion of the Modern Family telecast. Modern Family will also be arriving to a hometown near you this November. USA is bringing an interactive pop-up photo studio to major markets including Philadelphia, Boston, Chicago, Houston, Atlanta and St. Louis, which will serve as a destination for uber fans to take show-inspired photos, create animated gifs and cinemagrams - and share them across social media. The first four seasons of Modern Family will air five nights a week (Tuesday 8-11p, Wednesday and Thursday 9-11p, Friday 8-10p, Sunday 9-11pm) on USA.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February/March)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbrekable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, March 25
Henry Danger - "Gas or Fail" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Captain Man finds himself trapped underground, Henry must devise a way to sneak out of his school's standardized testing to save Ray.
Game Shakers - "Llama Llama Spit Spit" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After the Game Shakers get kicked out of Fooders to make room for a guest who has his photo on the wall, Babe becomes determined to get their own photo up using any means necessary.
Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn - "To Be Invited or Not to Be" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
The quads make a new friend, an amazing inventor, but when not all of them get invited back to hang out again, they start to wonder why.
Love Thy Neighbor - "Better Late Than Never" (OWN, 9:00PM ET/PT)
A missed call leaves Danny and his family in a bad place.
Love Thy Neighbor - "Make Up or Make Out" (OWN, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Still upset with his friends, Danny takes the advice of his family.
Sunday, March 26
- Sanaa Lathan (Family Guy/The Cleveland Show/LateLine) - Catch Sanaa on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Chris on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Richard Dreyfuss (Your Family or Mine) - Richard appears on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Lily Tomlin (Grace and Frankie/Malibu Country) and Jane Fonda (Grace and Frankie) - Lily and Jane are guests on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. They also chat with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Craig Ferguson (The Drew Carey Show) - Craig visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He will also be on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Rachel Dratch (Imaginary Mary) - Rachel is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Pete Holmes (Crashing) - Pete stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jenna Elfman (Imaginary Mary/1600 Penn/Accidentally on Purpose/Courting Alex/Dharma & Greg) - Jenna appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Ron Funches (Powerless/Undateable) - Ron is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Kaitlin Olson (The Mick/It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia) - Kaitlin drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Wendi McLendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi appears on a repeat of Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) - Lisa is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Mark Consuelos (Alpha House/Hope & Faith) - Mark guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Tahj Mowry, Derek Theler and Jean-Luc Bilodeau (Baby Daddy) - Tahj, Derek and Jean-Luc are guests on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Tika appears on a repeat of The Real, so check your local listings.
- Vanessa Bell Calloway (Rhythm & Blues) - Vanessa is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- June Diane Raphael (Grace and Frankie) - June talks about Grace and Frankie on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly/Samantha Who?) and Ben Falcone (Joey) - Melissa and Ben talk TV Land's Nobodies on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Brooklyn Decker (Grace and Frankie/Friends with Better Lives) - Brookyln stops by People Now at 8:30am.
- Marcia Gay Harden (Trophy Wife) - Marcia opens up about her favorite part of being in the 50 Shades movies on People Now at 8:30am. \
- Tracee Ellis Ross (black-ish/Girlfriends) - Tracee dishes about her Golden Globe win on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 2am on BET or on your local stations.