Thursday, September 19, 2013
REELZCHANNEL TV announced that it has become a co-production and equity partner in OK! TV, the new nationally syndicated, daily entertainment show. OK! TV is an entertainment news magazine show with a focus on pop culture, gossip and celebrity lifestyle, offering a fresh perspective with exclusive content from newsmakers, celebrities and ordinary people with big stories. OK! TV leverages the editorial strength of the flagship media property OK! Magazine that stands as one of most successful and popular brands with five million weekly readers. OK! TV viewers will get great access to big entertainment events and behind-the-scenes stories from the OK! TV newsroom with talent and producing teams based in New York, Los Angeles and Las Vegas. The show launched last week in national syndication on WLNY New York, KCAL Los Angeles and WCUU Chicago, among others. On ReelzChannel TV, it airs weekdays at 9am, 12:30pm, and 3pm. As for its off-network fare, we still have some sitcoms airing. Wings airs weekdays at 9:30am & 11:30am, while Cheers airs at 10am & 2:30pm. Becker airs the most, airing weekdays at 10:30am, 11am & 2pm. Coach and some of the other sitcoms are no longer on the line-up. The Steven Seagal 2011-12 drama True Justice is airing weekdays at 1pm and encores at 4pm. The '90s drama Pacific Blue is also on the network but it is being replaced starting Monday (Sept. 23). The drama was airing weekdays at 11am and 2pm, but now we will get more sitcom airings as mentioned earlier. Stay with us for any additional updates!
USA Network is rolling out the red carpet for Modern Family and putting fans front and center. The network is creating a massive community of Modern Family fanatics, dubbed "MOFYs," offering these cult followers unique opportunities to engage with the series -- on-air, online, socially and on-the-ground -- like never before. The series premieres on USA on Tuesday, September 24 at 8|7c and airs five nights a week. Starting this week, die-hard MOFYs (which stands for "Make Our Family Yours") can congregate at MOFY Nation, (mofynation.com), a central digital hub where fans can interact to share favorite series scenes and personal family moments. Fans will be encouraged to upload testimonials inspired by the series for the rare opportunity to be featured on-air. So what exactly is a MOFY, and could you be one? View USA's new MOFY on-air spot to find out. USA is also announcing today the ultimate MOFY event: an exclusive Modern Family Fan Appreciation Day, featuring a live table read with the cast, on Monday, October 28 in Los Angeles. Fans can vote online for their favorite episode from a list curated by co-creators and executive producers Steven Levitan and Christopher Lloyd. The winning episode will be read by the cast, followed by a Q&A with the cast and creators. MOFYs across the U.S. can participate virtually by watching a live streaming of the red carpet and select interviews on Mofy Nation. View USA's on-air invitation to the event. Starting September 24, fans can delve deeper into the world of Modern Family with USA's sync-to-broadcast experience offered for all 90+ episodes from the first four seasons. Each second-screen event will incorporate native ad integration and include never-before-seen interviews with the show's writers, trivia and polls. Viewers can access this bonus content during the show in real-time via Modern Family SYNC at www.modernfamilysync.com or within the USA Anywhere App, as well as inside a number of Social TV apps including, NextGuide, Shazam, Viggle and zeebox. USA will also be creating weekly themed destination nights. Every Friday will be family night, otherwise known as TGIMF, (Thank Goodness It's Modern Family), when the entire brood can watch together. And, for all those MOFY aficionados, Sunday nights on USA will be a not-to-be-missed real-time social activation. The network is rolling out Modern Family LIVE, where fans can watch, play along on their connected device and see real-time on-air results to polls, fan meters and more. Every week, the top registered players will be featured on-air at the conclusion of the Modern Family telecast. Modern Family will also be arriving to a hometown near you this November. USA is bringing an interactive pop-up photo studio to major markets including Philadelphia, Boston, Chicago, Houston, Atlanta and St. Louis, which will serve as a destination for uber fans to take show-inspired photos, create animated gifs and cinemagrams - and share them across social media. The first four seasons of Modern Family will air five nights a week (Tuesday 8-11p, Wednesday and Thursday 9-11p, Friday 8-10p, Sunday 9-11pm) on USA.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January)
12/06 - Family Guy - Season Fourteen
12/13 - American Dad! - Volume 11
12/13 - Newhart - The Complete Seventh Season
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Wednesday, January 18
Fresh Off the Boat - "Clean Slate" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
On the eve of Chinese New Year, Jessica pushes the entire family to settle all debts, disputes and grudges to ensure good fortune for the coming year. Unsure if she can contain her temper for the remainder of the day, Jessica enlists Emery to makes sure she keeps her cool. Meanwhile, Louis and Evan go on a wild goose chase to hunt down some hate mail, and Eddie is forced to entertain his super lame cousin.
Speechless - " S-I-- SICK D-A-- DAY" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Maya gets sick, Jimmy is forced to be the mom of the house, and Dylan becomes Kenneth’s replacement for JJ when Kenneth also gets sick. Jimmy ends up doing well with Maya’s normal duties, but he tries to keep it from her to avoid her feeling bad. Meanwhile, JJ protects Dylan from a boy she’s interested in. And despite its illness, the family bands together and pulls an all-nighter to finish Ray’s school project.
Modern Family - "Halloween 4: The Revenge of Rod Skyhook" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Luke’s Halloween party isn’t the monster bash he dreamed of and is at risk of having the worst party of the year. Sensing trouble, the rest of the Dunphy’s realize all his party needs is a visit from Rod Skyhook, a little promotion and some adult supervision to get it started. Meanwhile at the Tucker-Pritchett home, Cam faces off with his Halloween nemesis while Lily and Mitchell try to save the day and work to keep him from going to the darkside. Finally, when Jay finds out that Manny is going to a party at the home of an old enemy, he enlists him to deliver a trick he will never forget.
black-ish - "Good Dre Hunting" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Bow convinces a begrudging Dre to try therapy, and he learns how to cope with his anger issues. Meanwhile, Johan becomes a life coach to the kids.
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - "Old Lady House: A Situation Comedy" (FXX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Charlie thinks Mac's mom is holding his mom hostage so the gang installs spy cameras in their house to monitor what's going on. What they end up discovering is the moms are quite entertaining once Dennis makes some quick edits and adds a laugh track to the surveillance footage. Dee wants in on the new hit show and Frank becomes obsessed with banging Charlie's mom now that he's seen her on TV.
Man Seeking Woman - "Horse" (FXX, 10:30PM ET/PT)
Lucy attempts to forge a relationship with Josh's best friend Mike.
Schitt's Creek - "The Throuple" (Pop, 8:00PM ET/PT)
David and Stevie try to come to terms with their new relationship; Alexis and Moira plan a mother/daughter lunch.
Wednesday, January 18
- Wendi McLendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Watch Wendi on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Nick Offerman (Parks and Recreation) - Nick visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. He also talks about The Founder on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am and on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Louie Anderson (Baskets/Life with Louie/The Louie Show) - Louie appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Michael Keaton (Working Stiffs/All's Fair) - Michael is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Woody Harrelson (Cheers) - Woody stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Eric McCormack (Will & Grace) - Eric appears on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Ted Danson (The Good Place/Becker/Cheers) - Ted visits Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Judah Friedlander (30 Rock) - Judah is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Neil Patrick Harris (How I Met Your Mother/Stark Raving Mad/Doogie Howser, M.D.) and B.J. Novak (The Office) - Neil and B.J. are guests on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo. Neil can also be heard on The Morning Mash Up on SiriusXM at 10:20am.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry and his wife Rebecca Romijn chat with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Christian Slater (Breaking In) - Christian guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Matt LeBlanc (Man with a Plan/Episodes/Friends) - Matt appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Patrick Warburton (Crowded/Rules of Engagement/Less Than Perfect) - Patrick is a guest on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Kirstie Alley (Cheers/Veronica's Closet/Kirstie) - Kirstie dishes about the new season of Scream Queens and her weight loss with Jenny Craig on The Wendy Williams Show at 2am on BET or on your local stations.