Thursday, September 19, 2013
REELZCHANNEL TV announced that it has become a co-production and equity partner in OK! TV, the new nationally syndicated, daily entertainment show. OK! TV is an entertainment news magazine show with a focus on pop culture, gossip and celebrity lifestyle, offering a fresh perspective with exclusive content from newsmakers, celebrities and ordinary people with big stories. OK! TV leverages the editorial strength of the flagship media property OK! Magazine that stands as one of most successful and popular brands with five million weekly readers. OK! TV viewers will get great access to big entertainment events and behind-the-scenes stories from the OK! TV newsroom with talent and producing teams based in New York, Los Angeles and Las Vegas. The show launched last week in national syndication on WLNY New York, KCAL Los Angeles and WCUU Chicago, among others. On ReelzChannel TV, it airs weekdays at 9am, 12:30pm, and 3pm. As for its off-network fare, we still have some sitcoms airing. Wings airs weekdays at 9:30am & 11:30am, while Cheers airs at 10am & 2:30pm. Becker airs the most, airing weekdays at 10:30am, 11am & 2pm. Coach and some of the other sitcoms are no longer on the line-up. The Steven Seagal 2011-12 drama True Justice is airing weekdays at 1pm and encores at 4pm. The '90s drama Pacific Blue is also on the network but it is being replaced starting Monday (Sept. 23). The drama was airing weekdays at 11am and 2pm, but now we will get more sitcom airings as mentioned earlier. Stay with us for any additional updates!
USA Network is rolling out the red carpet for Modern Family and putting fans front and center. The network is creating a massive community of Modern Family fanatics, dubbed "MOFYs," offering these cult followers unique opportunities to engage with the series -- on-air, online, socially and on-the-ground -- like never before. The series premieres on USA on Tuesday, September 24 at 8|7c and airs five nights a week. Starting this week, die-hard MOFYs (which stands for "Make Our Family Yours") can congregate at MOFY Nation, (mofynation.com), a central digital hub where fans can interact to share favorite series scenes and personal family moments. Fans will be encouraged to upload testimonials inspired by the series for the rare opportunity to be featured on-air. So what exactly is a MOFY, and could you be one? View USA's new MOFY on-air spot to find out. USA is also announcing today the ultimate MOFY event: an exclusive Modern Family Fan Appreciation Day, featuring a live table read with the cast, on Monday, October 28 in Los Angeles. Fans can vote online for their favorite episode from a list curated by co-creators and executive producers Steven Levitan and Christopher Lloyd. The winning episode will be read by the cast, followed by a Q&A with the cast and creators. MOFYs across the U.S. can participate virtually by watching a live streaming of the red carpet and select interviews on Mofy Nation. View USA's on-air invitation to the event. Starting September 24, fans can delve deeper into the world of Modern Family with USA's sync-to-broadcast experience offered for all 90+ episodes from the first four seasons. Each second-screen event will incorporate native ad integration and include never-before-seen interviews with the show's writers, trivia and polls. Viewers can access this bonus content during the show in real-time via Modern Family SYNC at www.modernfamilysync.com or within the USA Anywhere App, as well as inside a number of Social TV apps including, NextGuide, Shazam, Viggle and zeebox. USA will also be creating weekly themed destination nights. Every Friday will be family night, otherwise known as TGIMF, (Thank Goodness It's Modern Family), when the entire brood can watch together. And, for all those MOFY aficionados, Sunday nights on USA will be a not-to-be-missed real-time social activation. The network is rolling out Modern Family LIVE, where fans can watch, play along on their connected device and see real-time on-air results to polls, fan meters and more. Every week, the top registered players will be featured on-air at the conclusion of the Modern Family telecast. Modern Family will also be arriving to a hometown near you this November. USA is bringing an interactive pop-up photo studio to major markets including Philadelphia, Boston, Chicago, Houston, Atlanta and St. Louis, which will serve as a destination for uber fans to take show-inspired photos, create animated gifs and cinemagrams - and share them across social media. The first four seasons of Modern Family will air five nights a week (Tuesday 8-11p, Wednesday and Thursday 9-11p, Friday 8-10p, Sunday 9-11pm) on USA.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, October 22
Superstore - "Guns, Pills and Birds" (NBC, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Amy (America Ferrera) assigns an uncomfortable Jonah (Ben Feldman) to the gun section of Cloud 9, Jonah abuses his right-to-refuse sale to anyone that causes concern, causing an open-carry protest to gather in the store. On principle, Glenn (Mark McKinney) attempts to purchase all of the store's morning-after pills, but finds himself in a moral dilemma when he can't afford them. Dina (Lauren Ash), Garrett (Colton Dunn) and Mateo (Nico Santos) hunt down a crow that has flown into the store.
The Thundermans - "Happy Heroween" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
It's a major Halloween storm outside, but inside Colosso keeps the family spooked by telling three scary stories that are sure to terrify even the bravest of superheroes.
School of Rock - "Welcome to My Nightmare" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Mr. Finn's class decides to celebrate Halloween in school after Principal Mullins, who hates the holiday, goes home sick. When she returns sooner than expected, they have to scramble to keep her from finding out the truth.
Saturday, October 22
- Jim J. Bullock (Too Close for Comfort) - Jim talks about touring the U.S. in Kinky Boots on Oprah: Where Are They Now? at 10pm ET/PT on OWN.
- Patti LaBelle (Out All Night) - Catch Patti on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Ricky Gervais (The Office) - Watch Ricky on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) - Tom appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also talks about Inferno on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Elijah Wood (Wilfred) - Elijah is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ana Gasteyer (People of Earth/Lady Dynamite/Suburgatory) - Ana visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Nick Offerman (Parks and Recreation) - Nick stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Ron appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Zooey Deschanel (New Girl) - Zooey is a guest on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Michael Chiklis (Daddio) - Michael drops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Jameela Jamil (The Good Place) - Jameela appears on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Aya Cash (You're the Worst) - Aya talks about You're the Worst on the AOL Build ShoW at 2pm. She will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Will is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Mary Steenburgen (The Last Man on Earth/Ink) - Mary talks about The Last Man on Earth on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. She will also be on the AOL Build Show at 12:30pm.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna talks about Good Girls Revolt on People Now at 8:30am.
- James Brolin (Life in Pieces) - James is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.