Tuesday, September 10, 2013
Logo Fall 2013 Schedule with Will & Grace; ABC Family, TV Land Wednesday Sitcoms Post Season Highs for Finales
We told you that WE tv is bringing the hit sitcom Will & Grace to its line-up this fall, but now Logo will also. In a shared deal with WE tv, Logo will launch the series on Saturday, Sept. 21, 2013 with an all-day sitcom event from 6am-10pm featuring all three of Logo's off-network sitcoms: Roseanne, The Golden Girls and now Will & Grace. More sitcom fun will air on Sunday, Sept. 22 from 6am-6:30pm with Roseanne and Will & Grace sharing the action. Starting Monday, Sept. 23, Logo will air Will & Grace regularly weekdays from 5-7pm and 11pm-1am. Logo's other sitcoms will still air weekdays, too. Roseanne will air on most weekdays from 2-5pm, while The Golden Girls will air Fridays from 7-11pm and Saturdays from 3-7pm. Will & Grace and Roseanne will air on Saturdays too, with timings varying. The rest of the line-up is filled with reality series and movies, but The L Word and Daria air mostly in late nights or early mornings from time to time. That's all that is really to report for Logo, but stay with us for continued updates.
TV Land's Hot in Cleveland drew in over 2.5 million total viewers for its historic The Mary Tyler Moore Show reunion at 10pm and more than 2.5 million for its cliffhanger finale at 10:30pm (Source: Nielsen, 9/4/13, L+3). The highly-anticipated Mary Tyler Moore reunion garnered the most total viewers for Hot in Cleveland since March 2012 on a Live+3 basis. Both episodes originally premiered on Wednesday, September 4. The Live+Same Say ratings for both episodes were solid as well with the 10pm airing doing 1,753,260 total viewers and 1,903,913 total viewers for the 10:30pm airing. The key Adults 25-54 demographic was solid as well with a 0.61 and a 0.70 rating. Same day encore airings in the 1am hour garnered 711,363 total viewers (0.27 A25-54 rating) and 657,009 total viewers (0.26 A25-54 rating). With the inclusion of three-day DVR playback, the 10pm and the 10:30pm episodes each scored a 1.1 rating in TV Land's target demographic of Adults 25-54, the highest ratings since the live season premiere (Source: Nielsen, 9/4/13, L+3*). Among Women 25-54, the 10pm posted a 1.3 rating and the 10:30pm went up to a 1.4 rating, also the best since the live season premiere in June. The 10pm episode popped for Men 25-54 as well, hitting a 1.0 rating, the best for the show since August 2011. Overall, the 10:30pm finale saw double digit increases with the episode up +70% among Adults 25-54 versus the winter finale. (*All statements from Nielsen, 9/4/13, L+3). This summer season of Hot in Cleveland was up +16% versus the winter season among Adults 25-54 (Source: Nielsen, Most Current: L+7 6/19/13-8/21/13; L+3 8/28/13-9/4/13). This comes as TV Land also saw double digit growth for its series The Exes versus its prior season, up +21% for Adults 25-54 (Source: Nielsen, Most Current: L+7 6/19/13-8/21/13; L+3 8/28/13). ABC Family also had success with its finales on Wednesday. At 8 o'clock, the season finale of Melissa & Joey set season highs in Total Viewers (1,125,395), Adults 18-49 (704,000/0.55 rating), Women 18-49 (471,000/0.7 rating), Viewers 12-34 (589,000/0.6 rating) and Females 12-34 (400,000/0.9 rating), and to a 7-week high in Adults 18-34 (423,000/0.6 rating). Based on a full week of viewing, Melissa & Joey spikes by 52% in Total Viewers (1.4 million vs. 923,000), by 61% in Adults 18-34 (550,000 vs. 341,000), by 56% in Adults 18-49 (890,000 vs. 569,000) and by 57% in Viewers 12-34 (696,000 vs. 443,000). At 8:30 pm, the summer finale of Baby Daddy surged to season highs in Total Viewers (1,278,911), Adults 18-34 (502,000/0.7 rating), Adults 18-49 (801,000/0.63 rating), Women 18-49 (497,000/0.8 rating), Viewers 12-34 (693,000/0.8 rating) and Females 12-34 (446,000/1.0 rating), soaring by double digits week to week and over its Melissa & Joey lead in. Based on Live + 7 ratings, Baby Daddy surges by 60% in Total Viewers (1.4 million vs. 877,000), by 82% in Adults 18-34 (581,000 vs. 320,000), by 64% in Adults 18-49 (847,000 vs. 518,000) and by 71% in Viewers 12-34 (763,000 vs. 445,000).
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Wednesday, September 28
The Goldbergs - "I Heart Video Dating" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Erica and Lainey try to find Bill a woman of interest by using new technology for dating. They recruit Adam to create a demo reel, but Beverly insists she will find someone the old fashioned way. Meanwhile, after a “failed” aptitude test, Barry decides he wants to be a gym teacher and becomes Coach Mellor’s apprentice.
Speechless - "N-E--NEW A-I--AIDE" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Maya struggles as Kenneth takes over as JJ’s full-time aide. Loving his new freedom, JJ avoids attending a physical therapy appointment, and Maya automatically blames Kenneth, using any excuse to confirm her misgivings and moves to fire him. Meanwhile, Jimmy struggles to teach Dylan the family way to not be so neighborly.
Modern Family - "A Stereotypical Day" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Jay does not want to give the new family moving in across the street the wrong impression and goes out of his way to make sure they know he is the best kind of neighbor, while Manny decides that the best way to an attractive and radical-thinking teenage girl’s heart is through his actions. Meanwhile, at the Pritchett house, the entire family is using Alex’s recent bout of mono to their advantage. Finally, Cam and Mitchell have always felt they were the most open, non-judgmental and supportive parents. However, when they overhear Lily insulting her new friend, they have to take a quick look in the mirror before they teach her a lesson about acceptance.
black-ish - "God" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Dre discovers that Zoey is questioning her belief in God, he undergoes a crisis of faith and leans on family members and coworkers for their input. Meanwhile, Bow’s brother Johan comes to stay with The Johnsons after living abroad and becomes an instant thorn in Dre’s side.
Younger - "A Kiss is Just a Kiss" (TV Land, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Liza sends Caitlin off to college and struggles to weigh her feelings for both Josh and Charles.
Impastor - "The Devil Went Down to Ladner" (TV Land, 10:30PM ET/PT)
Buddy’s attempt to outfox the detectives backfires. Dora, Alexa, and Russell suspect something ominous is going on with their new pastor. Schmidt learns the truth about Ashlee.
You're the Worst - "Twenty-Two" (FXX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Edgar spends the day trying to find some relief for his PTSD.
Wednesday, September 28
- Sarah Jessica Parker (Divorce/Sex and the City/Square Pegs) - Watch Sarah on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Daveed Diggs (black-ish) - Daveed stops by Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- January Jones (The Last Man on Earth) - January appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. She will also be on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings and on the AOL Build Show at 11am.
- Wilmer Valderrama (That '70s Show) - Wilmer visits The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ken Marino (Marry Me/Party Down/Men Behaving Badly) - Ken is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Ted Danson (The Good Place/Becker/Cheers) - Ted stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- T.J. Miller (Silicon Valley/The Goodwin Games/Carpoolers) - T.J. appears on Chelsea on Netflix.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Kristin Chenoweth (Kristin) - Kristin joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Nathan Lane (Modern Family/Encore! Encore!/Charlie Lawrence) and John Goodman (Roseanne) - Nathan and John talk about The Front Page on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Hilary Duff (Younger/Lizzie McGuire) and Debbie Mazar (Younger/Entourage/Working) - Hilary and Debbie talk about Younger on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. Hilary will also be on People Now at 8:30am.
- The Cast of Impastor - Michael Rosenbaum, Sara Rue, Mircea Monroe, David Rasche and Mike Kosinski discuss Impastor on the AOL Build Show at 12pm and on Facebook Live. Sara will also be on PIX Morning News on WPIX in New York.
- Marcia Gay Harden (Trophy Wife) - Marcia is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Norm Macdonald (Norm) - Norm appears on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.