Tuesday, September 10, 2013
Logo Fall 2013 Schedule with Will & Grace; ABC Family, TV Land Wednesday Sitcoms Post Season Highs for Finales
We told you that WE tv is bringing the hit sitcom Will & Grace to its line-up this fall, but now Logo will also. In a shared deal with WE tv, Logo will launch the series on Saturday, Sept. 21, 2013 with an all-day sitcom event from 6am-10pm featuring all three of Logo's off-network sitcoms: Roseanne, The Golden Girls and now Will & Grace. More sitcom fun will air on Sunday, Sept. 22 from 6am-6:30pm with Roseanne and Will & Grace sharing the action. Starting Monday, Sept. 23, Logo will air Will & Grace regularly weekdays from 5-7pm and 11pm-1am. Logo's other sitcoms will still air weekdays, too. Roseanne will air on most weekdays from 2-5pm, while The Golden Girls will air Fridays from 7-11pm and Saturdays from 3-7pm. Will & Grace and Roseanne will air on Saturdays too, with timings varying. The rest of the line-up is filled with reality series and movies, but The L Word and Daria air mostly in late nights or early mornings from time to time. That's all that is really to report for Logo, but stay with us for continued updates.
TV Land's Hot in Cleveland drew in over 2.5 million total viewers for its historic The Mary Tyler Moore Show reunion at 10pm and more than 2.5 million for its cliffhanger finale at 10:30pm (Source: Nielsen, 9/4/13, L+3). The highly-anticipated Mary Tyler Moore reunion garnered the most total viewers for Hot in Cleveland since March 2012 on a Live+3 basis. Both episodes originally premiered on Wednesday, September 4. The Live+Same Say ratings for both episodes were solid as well with the 10pm airing doing 1,753,260 total viewers and 1,903,913 total viewers for the 10:30pm airing. The key Adults 25-54 demographic was solid as well with a 0.61 and a 0.70 rating. Same day encore airings in the 1am hour garnered 711,363 total viewers (0.27 A25-54 rating) and 657,009 total viewers (0.26 A25-54 rating). With the inclusion of three-day DVR playback, the 10pm and the 10:30pm episodes each scored a 1.1 rating in TV Land's target demographic of Adults 25-54, the highest ratings since the live season premiere (Source: Nielsen, 9/4/13, L+3*). Among Women 25-54, the 10pm posted a 1.3 rating and the 10:30pm went up to a 1.4 rating, also the best since the live season premiere in June. The 10pm episode popped for Men 25-54 as well, hitting a 1.0 rating, the best for the show since August 2011. Overall, the 10:30pm finale saw double digit increases with the episode up +70% among Adults 25-54 versus the winter finale. (*All statements from Nielsen, 9/4/13, L+3). This summer season of Hot in Cleveland was up +16% versus the winter season among Adults 25-54 (Source: Nielsen, Most Current: L+7 6/19/13-8/21/13; L+3 8/28/13-9/4/13). This comes as TV Land also saw double digit growth for its series The Exes versus its prior season, up +21% for Adults 25-54 (Source: Nielsen, Most Current: L+7 6/19/13-8/21/13; L+3 8/28/13). ABC Family also had success with its finales on Wednesday. At 8 o'clock, the season finale of Melissa & Joey set season highs in Total Viewers (1,125,395), Adults 18-49 (704,000/0.55 rating), Women 18-49 (471,000/0.7 rating), Viewers 12-34 (589,000/0.6 rating) and Females 12-34 (400,000/0.9 rating), and to a 7-week high in Adults 18-34 (423,000/0.6 rating). Based on a full week of viewing, Melissa & Joey spikes by 52% in Total Viewers (1.4 million vs. 923,000), by 61% in Adults 18-34 (550,000 vs. 341,000), by 56% in Adults 18-49 (890,000 vs. 569,000) and by 57% in Viewers 12-34 (696,000 vs. 443,000). At 8:30 pm, the summer finale of Baby Daddy surged to season highs in Total Viewers (1,278,911), Adults 18-34 (502,000/0.7 rating), Adults 18-49 (801,000/0.63 rating), Women 18-49 (497,000/0.8 rating), Viewers 12-34 (693,000/0.8 rating) and Females 12-34 (446,000/1.0 rating), soaring by double digits week to week and over its Melissa & Joey lead in. Based on Live + 7 ratings, Baby Daddy surges by 60% in Total Viewers (1.4 million vs. 877,000), by 82% in Adults 18-34 (581,000 vs. 320,000), by 64% in Adults 18-49 (847,000 vs. 518,000) and by 71% in Viewers 12-34 (763,000 vs. 445,000).
New on DVD/Blu-ray (March/April)
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
04/04 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season
04/11 - Father Knows Best - Season Five
04/11 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Third Season
04/11 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/11 - Veep - The Complete Fifth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, April 23
The Simpsons - "The Cad and the Hat" (Fox, 7:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Bart betrays Lisa, he has to deal with his guilt – literally. Meanwhile, Springfield is in awe when Homer is revealed to be a chess savant.
Bob's Burgers - "Zero Lap Thirty" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT)
When Linda wins a contest to spend a dream weekend at the home where her favorite television show is filmed, things don’t go quite as planned. Back at home, Teddy’s back problems leave him stuck on the floor.
Bob's Burgers - "The Laser-inth" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Gene accompanies Bob on the last-ever rock-and-roll laser show at the planetarium, but the night takes an unexpected turn. Meanwhile, Linda takes the girls out for dinner and Louise has a surprise revelation.
Making History - "The Godfriender" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Dan, Deb and Chris find themselves stuck in 1920s Chicago, with Al Capone (guest star Tim Robinson) holding their time travel bag hostage. Chris opts for a play-it-safe plan, using history to take out Capone, while Dan and Deb befriend him instead. As they teach him how to be a better mobster – and husband – they quickly realize that proving their loyalty may not be as easy as they thought.
Family Guy - "Hot Shots" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
In order to “save” Stewie from autism, Peter and Lois decide not to vaccinate him and then proceed to convince the rest of Quahog to follow suit. Stewie runs away to save himself from diseases until Sean Penn (guest-voicing as himself) swoops in to save the day and brings vaccines to the whole town.
The Last Man on Earth - "Name 20 Picnics...Now!" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
The gang throws a huge celebration canvassing every major holiday, but Tandy and Todd’s bro-mance hits a rough patch that threatens to end the fun.
Monday, April 24
- Kathryn Hahn (Happyish/Transparent/Free Agents) - Watch Kathryn on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. She also talks about the new series I Love Dick on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Allison appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. She also chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jim Gaffigan (The Jim Gaffigan Show/My Boys/Welcome to New York) - Jim visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Andrea Martin (Great News/Difficult People/Working the Engels) - Andrea stops by Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Briga Heelan (Great News/Ground Floor) - Briga is a guest on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Matt Walsh (Veep), Mary Holland (Blunt Talk) and Timothy Simons (Veep) - Matt, Mary and Timothy are guests on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Kumail Nanjiani (Silicon Valley) - Kumail drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- John Leguizamo (The Brothers Garcia) - John guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Cobie Smulders (How I Met Your Mother) - Cobie talks about making her Broadway debut in Present Laughter on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Katie Gill (Baby Daddy) - Katie is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) - Lisa joins Clinton Kelly in the kitchen to make a delicious dessert with an ingredient she’s never had before—Rhubarb on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Alfonso Ribeiro (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air/In the House/Silver Spoons) - Alfonso will be on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Kate Walsh (Bad Judge/The Drew Carey Show) - Kate talks about 13 Reasons Why on the AOL Build Show at 11am.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Ron is a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.