Tuesday, September 10, 2013
Logo Fall 2013 Schedule with Will & Grace; ABC Family, TV Land Wednesday Sitcoms Post Season Highs for Finales
We told you that WE tv is bringing the hit sitcom Will & Grace to its line-up this fall, but now Logo will also. In a shared deal with WE tv, Logo will launch the series on Saturday, Sept. 21, 2013 with an all-day sitcom event from 6am-10pm featuring all three of Logo's off-network sitcoms: Roseanne, The Golden Girls and now Will & Grace. More sitcom fun will air on Sunday, Sept. 22 from 6am-6:30pm with Roseanne and Will & Grace sharing the action. Starting Monday, Sept. 23, Logo will air Will & Grace regularly weekdays from 5-7pm and 11pm-1am. Logo's other sitcoms will still air weekdays, too. Roseanne will air on most weekdays from 2-5pm, while The Golden Girls will air Fridays from 7-11pm and Saturdays from 3-7pm. Will & Grace and Roseanne will air on Saturdays too, with timings varying. The rest of the line-up is filled with reality series and movies, but The L Word and Daria air mostly in late nights or early mornings from time to time. That's all that is really to report for Logo, but stay with us for continued updates.
TV Land's Hot in Cleveland drew in over 2.5 million total viewers for its historic The Mary Tyler Moore Show reunion at 10pm and more than 2.5 million for its cliffhanger finale at 10:30pm (Source: Nielsen, 9/4/13, L+3). The highly-anticipated Mary Tyler Moore reunion garnered the most total viewers for Hot in Cleveland since March 2012 on a Live+3 basis. Both episodes originally premiered on Wednesday, September 4. The Live+Same Say ratings for both episodes were solid as well with the 10pm airing doing 1,753,260 total viewers and 1,903,913 total viewers for the 10:30pm airing. The key Adults 25-54 demographic was solid as well with a 0.61 and a 0.70 rating. Same day encore airings in the 1am hour garnered 711,363 total viewers (0.27 A25-54 rating) and 657,009 total viewers (0.26 A25-54 rating). With the inclusion of three-day DVR playback, the 10pm and the 10:30pm episodes each scored a 1.1 rating in TV Land's target demographic of Adults 25-54, the highest ratings since the live season premiere (Source: Nielsen, 9/4/13, L+3*). Among Women 25-54, the 10pm posted a 1.3 rating and the 10:30pm went up to a 1.4 rating, also the best since the live season premiere in June. The 10pm episode popped for Men 25-54 as well, hitting a 1.0 rating, the best for the show since August 2011. Overall, the 10:30pm finale saw double digit increases with the episode up +70% among Adults 25-54 versus the winter finale. (*All statements from Nielsen, 9/4/13, L+3). This summer season of Hot in Cleveland was up +16% versus the winter season among Adults 25-54 (Source: Nielsen, Most Current: L+7 6/19/13-8/21/13; L+3 8/28/13-9/4/13). This comes as TV Land also saw double digit growth for its series The Exes versus its prior season, up +21% for Adults 25-54 (Source: Nielsen, Most Current: L+7 6/19/13-8/21/13; L+3 8/28/13). ABC Family also had success with its finales on Wednesday. At 8 o'clock, the season finale of Melissa & Joey set season highs in Total Viewers (1,125,395), Adults 18-49 (704,000/0.55 rating), Women 18-49 (471,000/0.7 rating), Viewers 12-34 (589,000/0.6 rating) and Females 12-34 (400,000/0.9 rating), and to a 7-week high in Adults 18-34 (423,000/0.6 rating). Based on a full week of viewing, Melissa & Joey spikes by 52% in Total Viewers (1.4 million vs. 923,000), by 61% in Adults 18-34 (550,000 vs. 341,000), by 56% in Adults 18-49 (890,000 vs. 569,000) and by 57% in Viewers 12-34 (696,000 vs. 443,000). At 8:30 pm, the summer finale of Baby Daddy surged to season highs in Total Viewers (1,278,911), Adults 18-34 (502,000/0.7 rating), Adults 18-49 (801,000/0.63 rating), Women 18-49 (497,000/0.8 rating), Viewers 12-34 (693,000/0.8 rating) and Females 12-34 (446,000/1.0 rating), soaring by double digits week to week and over its Melissa & Joey lead in. Based on Live + 7 ratings, Baby Daddy surges by 60% in Total Viewers (1.4 million vs. 877,000), by 82% in Adults 18-34 (581,000 vs. 320,000), by 64% in Adults 18-49 (847,000 vs. 518,000) and by 71% in Viewers 12-34 (763,000 vs. 445,000).
New on DVD/Blu-ray (April/May)
04/04 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season
04/11 - Father Knows Best - Season Five
04/11 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Third Season
04/11 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/11 - Veep - The Complete Fifth Season
05/02 - Red, White and Blue Collar Sitcoms - Make TV Great Again
05/09 - ALF - The Complete DVD Collection
05/09 - Divorce - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
05/09 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Second Season
05/16 - The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air - The Complete Series
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, May 23
Downward Dog - "Boundaries" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Nan installs an automatic dog door so she can take away Jason’s key but still keep him as Martin’s dog walker, Martin is convinced he can suddenly open doors with his mind, and the new-found power goes to his head. Meanwhile at work, Nan’s boss is unable to understand the new ad campaign Nan sold to the corporate bosses, and he spirals into confusion.
Brooklyn Nine-Nine - "The Bank Job" / "Crime & Punishment" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
As Jake and Rosa continue their search for a bank-robbing operation with Lieutenant Hawkins (guest star Gina Gershon), they realize there’s more to her team than meets the eye. After discovering a dangerous secret, they call for back-up from Holt and Pimento (guest star Jason Mantzoukas). Meanwhile, Boyle objects to Gina’s new boyfriend (guest star Ryan Phillipe). Then, Jake and Rosa are framed for a crime they didn’t commit, it’s up to the Nine-Nine to find a way to bust them out.
Great News - "Carol Has a Bully" (NBC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Carol (Andrea Martin) has a midterm she must pass in order to keep her internship. Katie (Briga Heelan) needs to choose between helping her mom and focusing on her hacking story, which she can't seem to crack. Meanwhile, Greg's (Adam Campbell) wealthy estranged grandmother (guest star Christina Pickles) pays a visit to the office. Chuck (John Michael Higgins) finds her cold and cruel, but almost immediately falls in love with her.
Great News - "Carol's Eleven" (NBC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Katie (Briga Heelan) makes a huge discovery about the story she's been chasing and, with the help of Carol (Andrea Martin) and the rest of the staff, concocts a scheme to get the story out. Greg (Adam Campbell) struggles with balancing his conflicting loyalties to his family, co-workers and conscience.
Mann & Wife - "Mann, Shut Yo Mouth" (Bounce TV, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Struggling to solve a tough case, an exhausted Daniel falls asleep and wakes up in a 70's blaxploitation cop show.
Tuesday, May 23
- Terry Crews (Brooklyn Nine-Nine/Are We There Yet?/Everybody Hates Chris) - Catch Terry on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Rob Huebel (Trasparent/Burning Love) - Rob appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Al Madrigal (About a Boy/Welcome to The Captain/Gary Unmarried), Andrew Santino (I'm Dying Up Here/Sin City Saints) and Erik Griffin (I'm Dying Up Here) - Al, Andrew and Erik are guests on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ari Graynor (I'm Dying Up Here/Bad Teacher) - Ari stops by Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Nick Kroll (The League/Cavemen) - Nick visits Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Ben Falcone (Nobodies/A to Z/Joey) - Ben drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Abigail Breslin (Scream Queens) - Abigail appears on LIVE! with Kelly and Ryan, so check your listings.
- Mayim Bialik (The Big Bang Theory/Blossom) - Mayim talks about her new book Girling Up: How to Be Strong, Smart and Spectacular and The Big Bang Theory on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- William Shatner ($#*! My Dad Says) - William is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Kyle Chandler (What About Joan?) - Kyle teams up with Clinton Kelly to grill up a great entrée on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Nicole Byer ( Loosely Exactly Nicole) - Nicole is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- The Love Boat Cast - The cast of The Love Boat reunites on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Debra Messing (Will & Grace) - Debra chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Zoe Lister-Jones (Life in Pieces/Friends with Better Lives/Whitney) - Zoe talks about her new comedy Band Aid on the AOL Build Show 1pm.
- Jamie Foxx (The Jamie Foxx Show) - Jamie talks about Beat Shazam on AOL Build Show 4pm.