Wednesday, September 04, 2013
Centric will revamp its weekday schedule this fall starting Monday, Sept. 30, 2013. We gave you sister network BET's fall schedule last week and mentioned that The Parkers is leaving BET and likely moving to Centric...and that is indeed happening. After a weekend marathon on Saturday, Sept. 28 and Sunday, Sept. 29, the sitcom will air weekdays from 3-4pm and Mon-Thurs from 9-10pm. We also mentioned Moesha will be off of BET's schedule and it looks like Centric will remove it this fall as well. The sitcom was airing weekdays 2-3pm and 12-1am, and will be replaced by a movie and Bernie Mac. In addition to Moesha being off the Centric schedule, A-Team, Miami Vice, and In Living Color are also leaving. And first-run syndicated sitcoms The First Family and Mr. Box Office will now be expanded to a strip airing an episode each weekdays 4-5pm and again 8-9pm. New episodes will continue to air on Friday nights in primetime. Centric's other signature sitcoms like Cosby Show, Steve Harvey Show, Jamie Foxx Show, Girlfriends and Bernie Mac will all be still on but at different times. The Wayans Bros. will remain put at 4pm, while encores of The Wendy Williams Show remains at 6pm. With a few dramas leaving, New York Undercover will now be the only drama on the line-up. Anyway, view the full Centric Fall 2013 schedule. If anything changes, we'll let you know. Stay with us. ABC Family has cast Lucy Hale, star of the networks' #1 hit series Pretty Little Liars, to guest star in an upcoming episode of the ABC Family sitcom Baby Daddy. Hale will shoot sometime in November, to air as part of Baby Daddy's season three in 2014. At the launch of season 2 for Baby Daddy, Tahj Mowry (Tucker on the series) visited the set of Pretty Little Liars and shot a series of fun videos as his character Tucker, an aspiring television producer, called "Hey Tucker." The inspiration for her guest casting came from Lucy Hale herself, when in her sit down interview with Tucker, mentioned how she would love to be on Baby Daddy. The season two summer finale of Baby Daddy airs tonight (Wednesday, September 4) at 8:30pm ET/PT on ABC Family. The sitcom stars Jean-Luc Bilodeau (Kyle XY), Derek Theler, Tahj Mowry (Smart Guy) with Melissa Peterman (Reba) and Chelsea Kane (Dancing with the Stars). Baby Daddy will return for its second half of season two in early 2014, while the third season batch of episodes is set to premiere in summer 2014.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (January)
01/06 - The Cosby Show - Season 5 (Mill Creek)
01/06 - The Cosby Show - Season 6 (Mill Creek)
01/06 - The Cosby Show - Seasons 5 & 6 (Mill Creek)
01/06 - Girls - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
01/06 - Married with Children - Season Seven (Mill Creek)
01/06 - Married with Children - Season Eight (Mill Creek)
01/06 - Married with Children - Seasons Seven and Eight (Mill Creek)
01/13 - The Big House - The Complete Series
01/13 - Episodes - The Third Season
01/13 - The Facts of Life - The Complete Series (Shout! Factory
01/20 - Welcome Back, Kotter - The Complete Second Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, January 29
The Big Bang Theory - "The Anxiety Optimization" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
In the hopes of achieving a scientific breakthrough, Sheldon invites his friends to challenge him. Also, Wolowitz invents an embarrassing game about Raj.
Mom - "Kitty Litter and a Class Felony" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Christy does damage control when Bonnie acts out after the death of a loved one. Beverly D’Angelo Returns as Lorraine.
Two and a Half Men - "A Beer-Battered Rip-Off" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
When Alan breaks up with their social worker to get back together with Lyndsey, Walden worries it will affect Louis’ adoption.
The McCarthys - "The Ref" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Ronny dates Doug, a handsome ref who has a history of infuriating Arthur, Ronny invites him over for dinner to convince them he is a nice guy. Meanwhile, Katrina is worried Gerard is cheating on her when he begins acting suspicious.
Thursday, January 29
- Mayim Bialik (The Big Bang Theory/Blossom) - Catch Mayim on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Alison Brie (Community) - Watch Alison on The Late Late Show at 12:37am on CBS.
- Whitney Cummings (Whitney) - Whitney guest co-hosts The Late Late Show at 12:37am on CBS.
- Simon Helberg (The Big Bang Theory) - Simon appears on Conan at 11pm on TBS. He also discusses his new film We'll Never Have Paris on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Andrew Rannells (Girls/The New Normal) - Andrew is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Cedric the Entertainer (The Soul Man/The Steve Harvey Show) - Cedric is a guest on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 3am on BET.
- Megan Park (The Neighbors) - Megan discusses her starring role in the upcoming Hallmark Channel original movie A Wish Come True on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Robert Carradine (Lizzie McGuire) and Curtis Armstrong (Dan Vs.) - Robert and Curtis talk about what to expect in the new season of King of the Nerds on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Mario Lopez (Saved by the Bell/Saved by the Bell: The New Class) - Mario and his wife Courtney are guests on The Better Show, so check your local listings.
- Josh Molina (Sports Night) - Josh is a guest on SI Now.