Wednesday, September 04, 2013
Centric will revamp its weekday schedule this fall starting Monday, Sept. 30, 2013. We gave you sister network BET's fall schedule last week and mentioned that The Parkers is leaving BET and likely moving to Centric...and that is indeed happening. After a weekend marathon on Saturday, Sept. 28 and Sunday, Sept. 29, the sitcom will air weekdays from 3-4pm and Mon-Thurs from 9-10pm. We also mentioned Moesha will be off of BET's schedule and it looks like Centric will remove it this fall as well. The sitcom was airing weekdays 2-3pm and 12-1am, and will be replaced by a movie and Bernie Mac. In addition to Moesha being off the Centric schedule, A-Team, Miami Vice, and In Living Color are also leaving. And first-run syndicated sitcoms The First Family and Mr. Box Office will now be expanded to a strip airing an episode each weekdays 4-5pm and again 8-9pm. New episodes will continue to air on Friday nights in primetime. Centric's other signature sitcoms like Cosby Show, Steve Harvey Show, Jamie Foxx Show, Girlfriends and Bernie Mac will all be still on but at different times. The Wayans Bros. will remain put at 4pm, while encores of The Wendy Williams Show remains at 6pm. With a few dramas leaving, New York Undercover will now be the only drama on the line-up. Anyway, view the full Centric Fall 2013 schedule. If anything changes, we'll let you know. Stay with us. ABC Family has cast Lucy Hale, star of the networks' #1 hit series Pretty Little Liars, to guest star in an upcoming episode of the ABC Family sitcom Baby Daddy. Hale will shoot sometime in November, to air as part of Baby Daddy's season three in 2014. At the launch of season 2 for Baby Daddy, Tahj Mowry (Tucker on the series) visited the set of Pretty Little Liars and shot a series of fun videos as his character Tucker, an aspiring television producer, called "Hey Tucker." The inspiration for her guest casting came from Lucy Hale herself, when in her sit down interview with Tucker, mentioned how she would love to be on Baby Daddy. The season two summer finale of Baby Daddy airs tonight (Wednesday, September 4) at 8:30pm ET/PT on ABC Family. The sitcom stars Jean-Luc Bilodeau (Kyle XY), Derek Theler, Tahj Mowry (Smart Guy) with Melissa Peterman (Reba) and Chelsea Kane (Dancing with the Stars). Baby Daddy will return for its second half of season two in early 2014, while the third season batch of episodes is set to premiere in summer 2014.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (November)
11/03 - Californication - The Complete Series
11/03 - Getting On - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
11/03 - Hank (1965-66) - The Complete Series
11/03 - I Love Lucy - The Complete Series
11/03 - Men at Work - The Complete Second Season
11/03 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
11/03 - 'Til Death - The Complete Third Season
11/10 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - The Complete Remastered Series (DVD)
11/10 - Maude - The Complete Third Season
11/10 - WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete Final (Fourth) Season
11/17 - The Comedians - The Complete Series
11/17 - Cristela - The Complete First Season
11/17 - McHale's Navy - The Complete Series
11/17 - Sgt. Bilko (The Phil Silvers Show) - The Fourth Season
11/17 - Weird Loners - The Complete Series
11/24 - George Lopez - The Complete Sixth Seaon
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, November 28
Henry Danger - "Christmas Danger" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Captain Man gets arrested for committing a petty crime, he is forced to spend Christmas in jail. Henry and Charlotte must try to help Captain Man have a good Christmas in jail.
Game Shakers - "A Reggae Potato Christmas" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
The Game Shakers visit Double G on the set of his live, self-indulgent "Double G's Christmas Special." During the opening number, his hair catches on fire and they must finish the show without him.
Monday, November 30
- Aziz Ansari (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Aziz The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Richard Kind (Spin City/Mad About You) - Richard is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Alan Tudyk (Suburgatory) - Alan appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Brent Morin and Rick Glassman (Undateable) - Brent and Rick are guests on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- David Spade (Rules of Engagement/8 Simple Rules/Just Shoot Me!) - David stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Michael Chiklis (Daddio) - Michael visits LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Kim Fields (The Facts of Life/Living Single) - Kim dishes on the new season of The Real Housewives of Atlanta and talks about why she decided to join the show on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Scott Foley (The Goodwin Games/A.U.S.A./Scrubs) - Scott drops by The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Loretta Devine (The Carmichael Show) - Loretta is a guest on The Real, so check your local listings.
- America Ferrera (Superstore) - America talks about her new series Superstore on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Bob Saget (Fuller House/How I Met Your Mother/Full House) - Bob is a guest on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Cheryl Hines (Curb Your Enthusiasm/Suburgatory) - Cheryl talks about her movie Christmas Eve on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.