Thursday, July 11, 2013
TV Land Pulls 'Til Death From Schedule; Cloo August 2013 Has Marathons of Happy Days, Charlie's Angels
Well that didn't last long. After two weeks, TV Land has quietly pulled 'Til Death from the schedule. The sitcom was airing weeknights from 7-8pm and Saturdays from 5-8pm since June 22. Effective earlier this week, the weekday slot was replaced by another hour of M*A*S*H, while the Saturday block will be replaced by an additional hour of Roseanne beginning this Saturday. Roseanne will now air on Saturdays from 2-8pm instead of the previous 2-5pm hours. As for M*A*S*H, that will now air weekdays from 5-8pm instead of 5-7pm. 'Til Death will still air on other networks, as it airs late nights on WGN America, bright and early on Saturday mornings on Cloo and also airs in local syndication as well, mainly in late night. The series is a half-hour multi-camera comedy about the triumphs and tribulations of marriage and friendship from very different perspectives. It's about the funny and annoying things that happen between husbands, wives, neighbors and friends day after day after day. The series of course stars Brad Garrett and Joely Fisher, and also has Tim Sharp, Eddie Kay Thomas, J.B. Smoove and Kat Foster. The series lasted four seasons on Fox from 2006-2010 with 81 episodes. Stay with us if and when it returns at some point to the TV Land schedule.
Cloo is going to bring in more classic marathon goodness in August. Cloo Classic marathons have been popular on the network it seems and they will air two more in August (in addition to the weekly Monday schedule and early mornings every weekday). First up, a 24-hour Charlie's Angels marathon on Sunday, August 18 starting at 6am ET. Sister network Universal HD aired every single episode consecutively of the '70s drama last week in a marathon titled "Charlie's Angels From the Beginning." On this Cloo marathon, every episode from season two will air and the first seven episodes from the third season. The next Cloo Classic marathon will be on Saturday, August 24, when Cloo airs a late night marathon of the sitcom Happy Days. Join The Fonz and company all-night long beginning at 11pm and ending in the morning at 6am. All the episodes will be Fonzie related episodes and will be assorted episodes from multiple seasons and will not be going in a particular order. Among the episodes airing are "Fonzie Gets Shot," "Fonzie the Father," "They Shoot Fonzies, Don't They?" and many more. It's going to follow a marathon of the USA Network summer reality series Summer Camp from 9am-11pm. Stay with us for continued updates on Cloo and we hope we get more Cloo Classic marathons every month!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (August)
08/04 - The Comeback - The Complete Series
08/04 - I Love Lucy - Ultimate Season 2 (Blu-ray)
08/04 - Sgt. Bilko (The Phil Silvers Show) - Season Three
08/11 - The Jeffersons - Season Eight
08/11 - Maude - The Complete Second Season
08/11 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fourth Season
08/11 - The Jeff Foxworthy Show - The COmplete Series (Mill Creek)
08/18 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Fifth Season
08/18 - Welcome Back, Kotter - The Final (Fourth) Season
08/25 - King of the Hill - The Complete 11th Season
08/25 - The Mindy Project - Season Three
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, August 27
The Big Bang Theory - "The Leftover Thermalization" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Friction ensues when a magazine fails to mention Leonard in an article about the paper he co-wrote with Sheldon. Also, a blackout at Mrs. Wolowitz’s home leads to a final family dinner.
Mom - "Sick Popes and a Red Ferrari" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
After Bonnie’s relapse, the women from her meeting rally around to help her through withdrawal from painkillers, but Christy wants no part of it.
Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll - "Supercalifragilisticjuliefriggingandrews" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Gigi meets Johnny's mom and finds out why Mary Poppins ruined her career in show business. And Johnny's childhood.
Married - "The Cruise" (FX, 10:30PM ET/PT)
Lina helps Russ manage his relationship with his mother.
Thursday, August 27
- Patton Oswalt (The Goldbergs/The King of Queens) - Catch Patton on a repeat of The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Liz Gillies (Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll) - Liz stops by Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Denis Leary (Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll/The Job) - Denis will be on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Kristin Chenoweth (Kristin) - Kristin appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Craig Robinson (Mr. Robinson/The Office) - Craig is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Michael Ian Black (The Jim Gaffigan Show) - Michael appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Henry Winkler (Happy Days/Arrested Development/Out of Practice) - Henry is a guest on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Tom Lennon (The Odd Couple) and Ron Funches (Undateable) - Tom and Ron are guests on a repeat of @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Hilary Duff (Younger/Lizzie McGuire) - Hilary chats with the ladies of The View on a repeat on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Adam Scott (Parks and Recreation) - Adam chats with the ladies of The View on a repeat on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Shia LaBeouf (Even Stevens) - Shia appears on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Marcus Scribner, Yara Shahidi, Miles Brown and Marsai Martin (black-ish) - The kids of black-ish are guests on a repeat of The Real, so check your local listings.
- Valerie Bertinelli (Hot in Cleveland/One Day at a Time) - Valerie discusses her new cooking series and serves up her signature quiche and an Italian-inspired cocktail on a repeat of The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Christian Slater (Breaking In) - Christian talks about Mr. Robot on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Julie Benz (Hi Honey, I'm Home!/Payne) - Julie stops by the kitchen on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT. She will also be on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - NeNe talks about the health condition that kept her from traveling with her co-stars on a repeat of The Dr. Oz Show, so check your local listings.
- J.B. Smoove (The Millers/Curb Your Enthusiasm/'Til Death) - J.B. is a guest on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Patricia Clarkson (Davis Rules) - Patricia appears on People.com Chatter.
- Ed Asner (Mary Tyler Moore/Thunder Alley) - Ed chats on Tavis Smiley on PBS, so check your local listings.