Thursday, July 11, 2013
TV Land Pulls 'Til Death From Schedule; Cloo August 2013 Has Marathons of Happy Days, Charlie's Angels
Well that didn't last long. After two weeks, TV Land has quietly pulled 'Til Death from the schedule. The sitcom was airing weeknights from 7-8pm and Saturdays from 5-8pm since June 22. Effective earlier this week, the weekday slot was replaced by another hour of M*A*S*H, while the Saturday block will be replaced by an additional hour of Roseanne beginning this Saturday. Roseanne will now air on Saturdays from 2-8pm instead of the previous 2-5pm hours. As for M*A*S*H, that will now air weekdays from 5-8pm instead of 5-7pm. 'Til Death will still air on other networks, as it airs late nights on WGN America, bright and early on Saturday mornings on Cloo and also airs in local syndication as well, mainly in late night. The series is a half-hour multi-camera comedy about the triumphs and tribulations of marriage and friendship from very different perspectives. It's about the funny and annoying things that happen between husbands, wives, neighbors and friends day after day after day. The series of course stars Brad Garrett and Joely Fisher, and also has Tim Sharp, Eddie Kay Thomas, J.B. Smoove and Kat Foster. The series lasted four seasons on Fox from 2006-2010 with 81 episodes. Stay with us if and when it returns at some point to the TV Land schedule.
Cloo is going to bring in more classic marathon goodness in August. Cloo Classic marathons have been popular on the network it seems and they will air two more in August (in addition to the weekly Monday schedule and early mornings every weekday). First up, a 24-hour Charlie's Angels marathon on Sunday, August 18 starting at 6am ET. Sister network Universal HD aired every single episode consecutively of the '70s drama last week in a marathon titled "Charlie's Angels From the Beginning." On this Cloo marathon, every episode from season two will air and the first seven episodes from the third season. The next Cloo Classic marathon will be on Saturday, August 24, when Cloo airs a late night marathon of the sitcom Happy Days. Join The Fonz and company all-night long beginning at 11pm and ending in the morning at 6am. All the episodes will be Fonzie related episodes and will be assorted episodes from multiple seasons and will not be going in a particular order. Among the episodes airing are "Fonzie Gets Shot," "Fonzie the Father," "They Shoot Fonzies, Don't They?" and many more. It's going to follow a marathon of the USA Network summer reality series Summer Camp from 9am-11pm. Stay with us for continued updates on Cloo and we hope we get more Cloo Classic marathons every month!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (May)
05/03 - Mad About You - The Complete Series
05/03 - The Jim Gaffigan Show - Season One
05/10 - Newhart - The Complete Fifth Season
05/17 - Angie Tribeca - The Complete First Season
05/17 - The Facts of Life - The Final (Ninth) Season
05/24 - The Wonder Years - Season Five
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Wednesday, May 4
The Middle - "Not Mother's Day" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
After enduring year after year of botched Mother’s Days, Frankie declares that the family gets to take a pass on doing anything at all for her this year. But after a man offers to buy Frankie’s groceries at the market when she discovers that she forgot her wallet – and tells her to pay the kindly gesture forward – she decides to have the family pull each other’s names out of a hat and do something nice for that person, which doesn’t go as smoothly as planned.
The Goldbergs - "Smother's Day" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Barry and Erica forget to get Beverly a Mother’s Day gift and make last minute “Mom Coupons” instead. Beverly is understandably hurt, and decides to get revenge by cashing in every coupon they have made. Meanwhile, Adam tries to get Murray to let him go to space camp and accuses him of being as dream crushing as Pop-Pop.
Modern Family - "Promposal" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
With Closet-Con right around the corner, Claire is on high alert and convinced there is a mole in the company. Meanwhile, Phil goes vigilante when he and Gloria confront Auntie Alice for stealing her hot sauce recipe. Jay tries to teach Joe how to do some manly handy work, and with prom coming up, Mitch helps Luke with his “promposal” while Cam helps with Manny’s, but Cam goes a little overboard, revealing that there maybe something deeper going on.
black-ish - "Super Rich Kids" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Dre has always felt his older son was never like him, but when he finally meets Junior’s cool friends, Dre is all in and happy that his son may have the opportunity for an actual social life. Meanwhile, Bow is dealing with Ruby, Zoey, Jack and Diane not confessing to things breaking around the house and decides to handle it her own way after some judgment from Vivian.
Lopez - "George Hosts a Golf Tournament" (TV Land, 10:00PM ET/PT)
George hosts a celebrity golf tournament to bolster his Vegas residency credentials in the midst of personal chaos with his AWOL daughter.
The Soul Man - "Soul Train" (TV Land, 10:30PM ET/PT)
When Lolli gets kicked off a wine train, she forces Boyce to have her back, even though he knows she’s in the wrong. Stamps helps Alicia relieve her campaign stress.
Schitt's Creek - "Moira's Nudes" (Pop, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Moira is worried that racy photos from her past will jeopardize the campaign; Johnny asks for financial help; Alexis gets a job.
Wednesday, May 4
- Julie Bowen (Modern Family) - Watch Julie on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Rob Reiner (All in the Family) - Rob is a guest on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also talks about Being Charlie on NBC's Today in the 9am hour, on The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT and on the AOL Build Show at 2pm.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Allison visits The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Bradley Whitford (Happyish/Trophy Wife) - Bradley appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Tom Lennon (The Odd Couple/Sean Saves the World/Reno 911!) - Tom is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Ron Funches (Undateable) - Ron appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Tituss Burgess (Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt) - Tituss stops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Jussie Smollett (On Our Own) - Jussie sings for his supper and helps Rachael cook up Chicken Milanese on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- CCH Pounder (Brothers/Women in Prison) - CCH is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Jesse Tyler Ferguson (Modern Family/The Class) - Jesse talks about his Broadway show Fully Committed on People Now.
- Sarah Jessica Parker (Sex and the City/Square Pegs) - Sarah chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Garry Marshall (Creator of Happy Days/Laverne & Shirley/Mork & Mindy) - Garry is a guest on The Real, so check your local listings.