Monday, July 22, 2013
TV Land Extends The Exes For More Episodes; Last Week's Melissa & Joey and Baby Daddy Hit Season Highs on ABC Family
TV Land announced that it has ordered an additional 10 episodes of its original sitcom The Exes to air later this year after airing just four episodes so far from the first batch of episodes. The series stars critically-acclaimed actors Donald Faison (Scrubs), Wayne Knight (Seinfeld), David Alan Basche (The Starter Wife), Kelly Stables (Two and a Half Men) and Kristen Johnston (3rd Rock From The Sun). The Exes currently airs on TV Land every Wednesday at 10:30pm ET/PT and it will have its mid-season finale on Wednesday, Aug. 28 before returning later this year (likely end of November paired with Hot in Cleveland once again). To date, season three of The Exes is pacing +9% above its prior season average, and up +130% versus TV Land's primetime average among its key demo of Adults 25-54, according to Nielsen (Most Current data, 6/19/13-7/10/13). Guest stars this season include Tyler Posey, Stacey Dash (Clueless), Cat Deeley (So You Think You Can Dance), Lisa Ann Walter, Leslie Jordan (Will & Grace), Grant Show (Devious Maids), Diedrich Bader (The Drew Carey Show) and more.
TV Land has still not announced the fate of Happily Divorced, which hasn't aired since February after finishing its second season. TV Land has also not said anything yet if they will order more episodes of The Soul Man, which is currently airing Wednesdays at 11 through August 28. The Exes revolves around the unlikely trio of Phil (Faison), Haskell (Knight) and Stuart (Basche), three roommates and divorces who have finally found bromance after initially being forced to live together by their divorce attorney and landlord, Holly (Johnston). Stuart, a dentist, has finally started dating again, Phil's client list is ever-expanding as he becomes one of the top sports agents at his firm, and Haskell, a former homebody, is getting his game back. Meanwhile, Holly's just trying to find Mr. Right and her assistant, Eden (Stables), is never short on advice.
Last week's (July 17) episodes of Melissa & Joey and Baby Daddy soared to season highs in the ratings, ranking as cable TV's #1 original telecast in their time periods in target demos. Wednesday's all new Melissa & Joey hit season highs in Adults 18-34 (430,000 impressions and a 0.6 rating), Women 18-34 (303,000 impressions and a 0.9 rating) and Viewers 12-34 (500,000 impressions and a 0.5 rating), ranking as cable TV's #1 original telecast at 8 o'clock in the key measures, as well as among Adults 18-49 (636,000 impressions and a 0.5 rating), Women 18-49 (399,000 impressions and a 0.6 rating) and Females 12-34 (366,000 impressions and a 0.8 rating). Compared to its summer season launch to-date, Melissa & Joey improved by solid margins in key demos in impressions, including by 23% in Adults 18-34 (430,000 vs. the 351,000 average) and by 17% in Women 18-34 (303,000 vs. the 258,000 average).
At 8:30 pm, an all new Baby Daddy soared to season highs across-the-board and built on its lead-in: Total Viewers (1.02 million), Adults 18-34 (484,000 impressions and a 0.7 rating), Women 18-34 (359,000/1.1 rating), Adults 18-49 (648,000 impressions and a 0.5 rating), Women 18-49 (462,000 impressions and a 0.7 rating), Viewers 12-34 (570,000 impressions and a 0.6 rating) and Females 12-34 (443,000 impressions and a 1.0 rating). Competitively, Baby Daddy stood as cable TV's #1 original telecast in the half hour in Adults 18-34, Women 18-34, Women 18-49 and target Millennials. Versus its summer season launch to-date, Baby Daddy surged by double digits across key categories in impressions, including by 18% in Total Viewers (1.02 million vs. the 862,000 average), by 54% in Adults 18-34 (484,000 vs. the 314,000 average), by 22% in Adults 18-49 (648,000 vs. the 529,000 average) and by 32% in Viewers 12-34 (570,000 vs. the 431,000 average). All-new episodes continue all summer long for both ABC Family sitcoms through Wednesday, September 4 when they finish their first half of the season (15 episodes). The second half will likely return later in the 2013-14 season. Stay with us for further information on that!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)
10/04 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Christmas Special (Colorized)
10/04 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #1 (Colorized)
10/11 - Dr. Ken - Season One
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Series
10/11 - Nurse Jackie - Seasons One and Two
10/11 - Weeds - Seasons One and Two
11/01 - Schitt's Creek - Seasons One and Two
11/08 - Family Matters - The Complete Ninth Season
11/08 - Your Family or Mine - Season One
11/15 - Community - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Lucy Show - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Mindy Project - Season Four
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, December 4
The Simpsons - "The Last Traction Hero" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
A workplace accident leaves Homer in a cast, and in a position to sue Mr. Burns. This leaves Marge unfulfilled, so she turns to an unexpected source for romance. Meanwhile, Lisa is made “Bus Monitor” and tries to keep the peace.
Son of Zorn - "Return of the Drinking Buddy" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Zorn’s old friend Headbutt Man (guest voice Rob Riggle) is coming to town. Unfortunately for Zorn, Headbutt Man is now sober. Meanwhile, Alan is invited to a party where his crush, Nancy (guest star Emily Wong), will be. Unfortunately, he has to take Headbutt man’s daughter with him.
Family Guy - "Carter and Tricia" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Carter buys the Pawtucket Patriot brewery and decides to cut some corners to save a few bucks. Peter overhears the plan and runs and tells investigative journalist Tricia Takanawa about Carter’s plan to use toxic chemicals in the beer cans. Meanwhile, Brian’s drivers’ license has expired and he enlists Stewie as an instructor.
The Last Man on Earth - "Whitney Houston, We Have a Problem" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
After finding a mysterious note left by Melissa that says “Goodbye,” the gang sets off to go look for her. Meanwhile, Gail gets stuck on a solo adventure of her own.
K.C. Undercover - "Holly Holly Not So Jolly" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Christmas time arrives and K.C. tells everyone she has to go pick up a last-minute gift, but instead goes to The Organization's therapist, Dr. Levinstein.
Mech X-4 - "Let's Survive in the Woods!" (Disney Channel, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Principal Grey sets a trap for Ryan, Harris and Spyder while they're on a camping trip, which leaves MECH-X4 and Mark in danger.
Best Friends Whenever - "The Christmas Curse" (Disney Channel, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Shelby and Cyd encourage a homesick Daisy to incorporate a festive 16th-century tradition into their annual Christmas party.
Monday, December 5
- Will Smith (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) - Watch Will on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Steve Harvey (The Steve Harvey Show) - Steve visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. He chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jason Bateman (Arrested Development/The Hogan Family/It's Your Move) - Jason visits The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Gael García Bernal (Mozart in the Jungle) - Gael is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Steve Agee (The Sarah Silverman Program) - Steve appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- The Cast of Fuller House - The cast of Fuller House are guests on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Patricia Heaton (The Middle/Back to You/Everybody Loves Raymond) - Patricia stops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Miss Piggy (The Muppets) - Miss Piggy and Harry perform Deck the Halls on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Meredith Hagner (Search Party/Men at Work) - Meredith is a guest on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Lauren Graham (The Odd Couple/Conrad Bloom/Townies) - Lauren appears on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- T.J. Miller (Silicon Valley/The Goodwin Games/Carpoolers) - T.J. talks about Office Christmas Party on the AOL Build Show at 3pm. He will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET. He can also be heard on The Morning Mash Up on SiriusXM at 9:50am.
- Bradley Whitford (Happyish/Trophy Wife) - Bradley is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Josh McDermitt (Retired at 35) - Josh can be heard on The Morning Mash Up on SiriusXM at 10:45am.
- Erinn Hayes (Kevin Can Wait/Guys with Kids/Worst Week) - Erinn talks about Kevin Can Wait on the AOL Build Show at 4pm.