Monday, July 22, 2013
TV Land Extends The Exes For More Episodes; Last Week's Melissa & Joey and Baby Daddy Hit Season Highs on ABC Family
TV Land announced that it has ordered an additional 10 episodes of its original sitcom The Exes to air later this year after airing just four episodes so far from the first batch of episodes. The series stars critically-acclaimed actors Donald Faison (Scrubs), Wayne Knight (Seinfeld), David Alan Basche (The Starter Wife), Kelly Stables (Two and a Half Men) and Kristen Johnston (3rd Rock From The Sun). The Exes currently airs on TV Land every Wednesday at 10:30pm ET/PT and it will have its mid-season finale on Wednesday, Aug. 28 before returning later this year (likely end of November paired with Hot in Cleveland once again). To date, season three of The Exes is pacing +9% above its prior season average, and up +130% versus TV Land's primetime average among its key demo of Adults 25-54, according to Nielsen (Most Current data, 6/19/13-7/10/13). Guest stars this season include Tyler Posey, Stacey Dash (Clueless), Cat Deeley (So You Think You Can Dance), Lisa Ann Walter, Leslie Jordan (Will & Grace), Grant Show (Devious Maids), Diedrich Bader (The Drew Carey Show) and more.
TV Land has still not announced the fate of Happily Divorced, which hasn't aired since February after finishing its second season. TV Land has also not said anything yet if they will order more episodes of The Soul Man, which is currently airing Wednesdays at 11 through August 28. The Exes revolves around the unlikely trio of Phil (Faison), Haskell (Knight) and Stuart (Basche), three roommates and divorces who have finally found bromance after initially being forced to live together by their divorce attorney and landlord, Holly (Johnston). Stuart, a dentist, has finally started dating again, Phil's client list is ever-expanding as he becomes one of the top sports agents at his firm, and Haskell, a former homebody, is getting his game back. Meanwhile, Holly's just trying to find Mr. Right and her assistant, Eden (Stables), is never short on advice.
Last week's (July 17) episodes of Melissa & Joey and Baby Daddy soared to season highs in the ratings, ranking as cable TV's #1 original telecast in their time periods in target demos. Wednesday's all new Melissa & Joey hit season highs in Adults 18-34 (430,000 impressions and a 0.6 rating), Women 18-34 (303,000 impressions and a 0.9 rating) and Viewers 12-34 (500,000 impressions and a 0.5 rating), ranking as cable TV's #1 original telecast at 8 o'clock in the key measures, as well as among Adults 18-49 (636,000 impressions and a 0.5 rating), Women 18-49 (399,000 impressions and a 0.6 rating) and Females 12-34 (366,000 impressions and a 0.8 rating). Compared to its summer season launch to-date, Melissa & Joey improved by solid margins in key demos in impressions, including by 23% in Adults 18-34 (430,000 vs. the 351,000 average) and by 17% in Women 18-34 (303,000 vs. the 258,000 average).
At 8:30 pm, an all new Baby Daddy soared to season highs across-the-board and built on its lead-in: Total Viewers (1.02 million), Adults 18-34 (484,000 impressions and a 0.7 rating), Women 18-34 (359,000/1.1 rating), Adults 18-49 (648,000 impressions and a 0.5 rating), Women 18-49 (462,000 impressions and a 0.7 rating), Viewers 12-34 (570,000 impressions and a 0.6 rating) and Females 12-34 (443,000 impressions and a 1.0 rating). Competitively, Baby Daddy stood as cable TV's #1 original telecast in the half hour in Adults 18-34, Women 18-34, Women 18-49 and target Millennials. Versus its summer season launch to-date, Baby Daddy surged by double digits across key categories in impressions, including by 18% in Total Viewers (1.02 million vs. the 862,000 average), by 54% in Adults 18-34 (484,000 vs. the 314,000 average), by 22% in Adults 18-49 (648,000 vs. the 529,000 average) and by 32% in Viewers 12-34 (570,000 vs. the 431,000 average). All-new episodes continue all summer long for both ABC Family sitcoms through Wednesday, September 4 when they finish their first half of the season (15 episodes). The second half will likely return later in the 2013-14 season. Stay with us for further information on that!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February/March)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbrekable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, March 25
Henry Danger - "Gas or Fail" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Captain Man finds himself trapped underground, Henry must devise a way to sneak out of his school's standardized testing to save Ray.
Game Shakers - "Llama Llama Spit Spit" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After the Game Shakers get kicked out of Fooders to make room for a guest who has his photo on the wall, Babe becomes determined to get their own photo up using any means necessary.
Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn - "To Be Invited or Not to Be" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
The quads make a new friend, an amazing inventor, but when not all of them get invited back to hang out again, they start to wonder why.
Love Thy Neighbor - "Better Late Than Never" (OWN, 9:00PM ET/PT)
A missed call leaves Danny and his family in a bad place.
Love Thy Neighbor - "Make Up or Make Out" (OWN, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Still upset with his friends, Danny takes the advice of his family.
Sunday, March 26
- Sanaa Lathan (Family Guy/The Cleveland Show/LateLine) - Catch Sanaa on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Chris on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Richard Dreyfuss (Your Family or Mine) - Richard appears on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Lily Tomlin (Grace and Frankie/Malibu Country) and Jane Fonda (Grace and Frankie) - Lily and Jane are guests on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. They also chat with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Craig Ferguson (The Drew Carey Show) - Craig visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He will also be on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Rachel Dratch (Imaginary Mary) - Rachel is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Pete Holmes (Crashing) - Pete stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jenna Elfman (Imaginary Mary/1600 Penn/Accidentally on Purpose/Courting Alex/Dharma & Greg) - Jenna appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Ron Funches (Powerless/Undateable) - Ron is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Kaitlin Olson (The Mick/It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia) - Kaitlin drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Wendi McLendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi appears on a repeat of Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) - Lisa is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Mark Consuelos (Alpha House/Hope & Faith) - Mark guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Tahj Mowry, Derek Theler and Jean-Luc Bilodeau (Baby Daddy) - Tahj, Derek and Jean-Luc are guests on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Tika appears on a repeat of The Real, so check your local listings.
- Vanessa Bell Calloway (Rhythm & Blues) - Vanessa is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- June Diane Raphael (Grace and Frankie) - June talks about Grace and Frankie on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly/Samantha Who?) and Ben Falcone (Joey) - Melissa and Ben talk TV Land's Nobodies on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Brooklyn Decker (Grace and Frankie/Friends with Better Lives) - Brookyln stops by People Now at 8:30am.
- Marcia Gay Harden (Trophy Wife) - Marcia opens up about her favorite part of being in the 50 Shades movies on People Now at 8:30am. \
- Tracee Ellis Ross (black-ish/Girlfriends) - Tracee dishes about her Golden Globe win on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 2am on BET or on your local stations.