Wednesday, July 24, 2013
Kirstie Alley TV Land Sitcom Premieres December 4, John Travolta Guests; Holliston Marathon on FEARnet
TV Land's new sitcom Kirstie now has a premiere date! But first, we have some news on a major special guest star! Golden Globe® winner and two-time Academy Award® nominee John Travolta makes this rare guest star return to television on TV Land's new upcoming original sitcom Kirstie. During this guest star appearance, Travolta and his former on-screen flame, series star and executive producer Kirstie Alley, will be teaming up for an unforgettable reunion. The duo is best remembered for their on-screen romance in the hit movie franchise Look Who's Talking. Set to shoot early next month, Travolta will play a stagehand on "Maddie's" (Kirstie Alley) Broadway show. After a one-night stand together, Maddie is surprised to find that her fling refuses to be flung. Kirstie will debut on TV Land on Wednesday, December 4, 2013, and Travolta's episode will air later in the season. 12 episodes of the sitcom have been ordered. The show centers around Broadway star Madison Banks (Alley) whose life turns upside down when Arlo (Eric Petersen), the son she gave up at birth, suddenly appears, hoping to connect after his adoptive parents have died. Rhea Perlman (Cheers) co-stars as Maddie's assistant and best friend alongside Michael Richards (Seinfeld) as Maddie's outlandish driver.
FEARnet is giving fans the chance to relive all 20 episodes of its hit original comedy, Holliston, in an all-day marathon on Monday, August 5, at 10 a.m. ET/7 a.m. PT. Starting with the series' pilot episode and running through to the ninth episode of the second season, the marathon will whet fans' appetites and get them caught up on all the Holliston hijinks, just in time for the season two finale on Tuesday, August 6. As an added bonus, FEARnet will also be unveiling the world premiere of series character Lance Rockett's (Twisted Sister's Dee Snider) first music video. Fans can get a behind-the-scenes look at the music video exclusively on FEARnet, on Friday, August 2. The music video will run again during the Holliston marathon on Monday, August 5, with a portion of the video debuting in the Season 2 finale on Tuesday, August 6, at 10 p.m. ET/7 p.m. PT. The original song, itself, "Love It Down Your Throat," will be made available for purchase on iTunes right after the season finale airs. The brainchild of lifelong genre fan-turned-filmmaker Adam Green, Holliston is an irreverent take on the traditional multi-camera situational comedy, aimed at lovers of true horror, sci-fi and pop culture. Starring Green and Joe Lynch, Holliston is set in Green's real life hometown of Holliston, Massachusetts, and follows the daily exploits of Adam and Joe--two aspiring horror filmmakers, dealing with the struggles of post-college life and relationships, while trying to make their big break in the business. The talented ensemble cast includes Corri English, Laura Ortiz, Dave Brockie, and Dee Snider. Highlights of the marathon include a terrifying encounter with a hard-partying Tony Todd; ill-fated run-ins with Danielle Harris, Kane Hodder, and John Landis at a horror convention; a Christmas Special with a madman on the loose; an animated episode that sees the town attacked by a giant blob; a RINGU-inspired J-Horror episode; a Found Footage episode; and appearances from genre stars such as Bill Moseley, Sid Haig, David Naughton, and Bailee Madison.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (May)
05/03 - Mad About You - The Complete Series
05/03 - The Jim Gaffigan Show - Season One
05/10 - Newhart - The Complete Fifth Season
05/17 - Angie Tribeca - The Complete First Season
05/17 - The Facts of Life - The Final (Ninth) Season
05/24 - The Wonder Years - Season Five
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Wednesday, May 25
Lopez - "Lopez Gets Roasted" (TV Land, 10:00PM ET/PT)
George agrees to be roasted before finding out his wife is legally tying up his jokes, leaving him without an act. Will he be able to change her mind or get out of the roast in time?
The Soul Man - "No Bingo, No Peace" (TV Land, 10:30PM ET/PT)
Mayor Saxby is purposely interrupting all aspects of the Ballentines' lives, including revoking Barton's Bingo permit. When Barton protests, it inspires Boyce to take action.
Schitt's Creek - "Lawn Signs" (Pop, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Some of Moira's lawn signs disappear; David and Alexis work to get David's boss out of trouble.
Wednesday, May 25
- David Spade (Rules of Engagement/8 Simple Rules/Just Shoot Me!) - Watch David on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Wil Wheaton (The Big Bang Theory) - Wil is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Sean Hayes (The Millers/Sean Saves the World/Will & Grace) - Sean talks about An Act of God on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Peter Scolari (Newhart/Bosom Buddies) - Peter visits New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Emeril Lagasse (Emeril) - Emeril dishes up his famous banana cream pie on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Jane Lynch (Angel from Hell) and Kate Flannery (The Office) - Jane and Kate talk about See Jane Sing on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Sherri Shepherd (Less Than Perfect/Sherri) - Sherri talks about WE's Match Made in Heaven on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly/Samantha Who?) - Melissa and the cast of Ghostbusters are guests on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Mark Feuerstein (Good Morning, Miami) - Mark is a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.