Wednesday, July 24, 2013
Kirstie Alley TV Land Sitcom Premieres December 4, John Travolta Guests; Holliston Marathon on FEARnet
TV Land's new sitcom Kirstie now has a premiere date! But first, we have some news on a major special guest star! Golden Globe® winner and two-time Academy Award® nominee John Travolta makes this rare guest star return to television on TV Land's new upcoming original sitcom Kirstie. During this guest star appearance, Travolta and his former on-screen flame, series star and executive producer Kirstie Alley, will be teaming up for an unforgettable reunion. The duo is best remembered for their on-screen romance in the hit movie franchise Look Who's Talking. Set to shoot early next month, Travolta will play a stagehand on "Maddie's" (Kirstie Alley) Broadway show. After a one-night stand together, Maddie is surprised to find that her fling refuses to be flung. Kirstie will debut on TV Land on Wednesday, December 4, 2013, and Travolta's episode will air later in the season. 12 episodes of the sitcom have been ordered. The show centers around Broadway star Madison Banks (Alley) whose life turns upside down when Arlo (Eric Petersen), the son she gave up at birth, suddenly appears, hoping to connect after his adoptive parents have died. Rhea Perlman (Cheers) co-stars as Maddie's assistant and best friend alongside Michael Richards (Seinfeld) as Maddie's outlandish driver.
FEARnet is giving fans the chance to relive all 20 episodes of its hit original comedy, Holliston, in an all-day marathon on Monday, August 5, at 10 a.m. ET/7 a.m. PT. Starting with the series' pilot episode and running through to the ninth episode of the second season, the marathon will whet fans' appetites and get them caught up on all the Holliston hijinks, just in time for the season two finale on Tuesday, August 6. As an added bonus, FEARnet will also be unveiling the world premiere of series character Lance Rockett's (Twisted Sister's Dee Snider) first music video. Fans can get a behind-the-scenes look at the music video exclusively on FEARnet, on Friday, August 2. The music video will run again during the Holliston marathon on Monday, August 5, with a portion of the video debuting in the Season 2 finale on Tuesday, August 6, at 10 p.m. ET/7 p.m. PT. The original song, itself, "Love It Down Your Throat," will be made available for purchase on iTunes right after the season finale airs. The brainchild of lifelong genre fan-turned-filmmaker Adam Green, Holliston is an irreverent take on the traditional multi-camera situational comedy, aimed at lovers of true horror, sci-fi and pop culture. Starring Green and Joe Lynch, Holliston is set in Green's real life hometown of Holliston, Massachusetts, and follows the daily exploits of Adam and Joe--two aspiring horror filmmakers, dealing with the struggles of post-college life and relationships, while trying to make their big break in the business. The talented ensemble cast includes Corri English, Laura Ortiz, Dave Brockie, and Dee Snider. Highlights of the marathon include a terrifying encounter with a hard-partying Tony Todd; ill-fated run-ins with Danielle Harris, Kane Hodder, and John Landis at a horror convention; a Christmas Special with a madman on the loose; an animated episode that sees the town attacked by a giant blob; a RINGU-inspired J-Horror episode; a Found Footage episode; and appearances from genre stars such as Bill Moseley, Sid Haig, David Naughton, and Bailee Madison.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (June/July)
06/14 - Ballers - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
06/14 - The League - Season 7 - The Final Fantasy
06/14 - The League - The Complete Series
06/14 - Maude - The Complete Fifth Season
06/14 - Survivor's Remorse - The Complete Second Season
06/21 - Workaholics - Season Six
06/24 - The Monkees - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
06/28 - Two Guys and a Girl - The Complete Series
07/08 - The Monkees - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
07/12 - Grady - The Best of Grady
07/26 - Family Mattters - The Complete Seventh Season
07/26 - Where's Huddles? - The Complete Series (WBShop.com)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, July 30
Last Man Standing - "Tanks for the Memories" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Mike is anxious to buy the miniature tank collection once belonging to the late husband of his neighbor, Helen Potts (Patricia Richardson). But when he discovers Helen already sold the collection, he goes to extremes to make the collection his own. Meanwhile, Kristin and Ed are concerned when a mysterious “Bubba X” posts a scathing review about their dining experience at the Outdoor Man Restaurant.
Dr. Ken - "Kevin O'Connell" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Ken is taken aback when he meets Allison’s former boyfriend Kevin O’Connell (guest star Will Yun Lee, “The Wolverine”), now a very hot and successful doctor. So when Ken is asked to speak at a banquet honoring Kevin, he uses the opportunity more as a roast. Meanwhile, Molly struggles with a school assignment asking for what she wants to be when she grows up.
The Thundermans - "Robin Hood: Prince of Heebs" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Chloe announces that Max is her favorite sibling, Phoebe tries to show her the "real" Max by telling a Robin Hood-style bedtime story about the great Phoebe Hood and the evil Maxingham.
Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn - "New Kid on the Block"
(Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
The Quads try to make friends with their new neighbor in order to get access to the coolest treehouse ever, but soon find out she is not what she seems.
Legendary Dudas - "King Sam; Karate Kids" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Sam impresses his new classmates with an epic birthday party, but his extravagance leads to a bill he can't pay. Hoping to earn a spot on a television talent show, Tyler convinces Carter to revive their old martial arts act.
Monday, August 1
- Simon Helberg (The Big Bang Theory) - Watch Simon on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also talks about Florence Foster Jenkins on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Shiri Appleby (Sunday Dinner) Constance Zimmer (Entourage/Good Morning, Miami) - Shiri and Constance are guests on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. They also talk about UnREAL on The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT. Constance will be on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Thomas Middleditch, Kumail Nanjiani and Zach Woods (Silicon Valley) - Thomas, Kumail and Zach are guests on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Jack Black (The Brink) - Jack appears on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Olivia Munn (Perfect Couples) - Olivia is a guest on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Will Smith (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) - Will and the cast of Suicide Squad are guests on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Jessie T. Usher (Survivor's Remorse) - Jessie shares his One Last Thing on People Now at 8:30am.
- Anna Gunn (Down the Shore) - Anna is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Cameron Esposito and Rhea Butcher (Take My Wife) - Cameron and Rhea discuss their new Seeso original comedy series Take My Wife on the AOL Build Show at 2:30pm.
- John Corbett (Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll/United States of Tara/Sex and the City) - John discusses his role of Flash, the much-acclaimed former lead guitarist of The Heathens, the band he formed with Johnny (Denis Leary) in the FX hit comedy Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll on the AOL Build Show at 4pm.