Wednesday, July 24, 2013
Kirstie Alley TV Land Sitcom Premieres December 4, John Travolta Guests; Holliston Marathon on FEARnet
TV Land's new sitcom Kirstie now has a premiere date! But first, we have some news on a major special guest star! Golden Globe® winner and two-time Academy Award® nominee John Travolta makes this rare guest star return to television on TV Land's new upcoming original sitcom Kirstie. During this guest star appearance, Travolta and his former on-screen flame, series star and executive producer Kirstie Alley, will be teaming up for an unforgettable reunion. The duo is best remembered for their on-screen romance in the hit movie franchise Look Who's Talking. Set to shoot early next month, Travolta will play a stagehand on "Maddie's" (Kirstie Alley) Broadway show. After a one-night stand together, Maddie is surprised to find that her fling refuses to be flung. Kirstie will debut on TV Land on Wednesday, December 4, 2013, and Travolta's episode will air later in the season. 12 episodes of the sitcom have been ordered. The show centers around Broadway star Madison Banks (Alley) whose life turns upside down when Arlo (Eric Petersen), the son she gave up at birth, suddenly appears, hoping to connect after his adoptive parents have died. Rhea Perlman (Cheers) co-stars as Maddie's assistant and best friend alongside Michael Richards (Seinfeld) as Maddie's outlandish driver.
FEARnet is giving fans the chance to relive all 20 episodes of its hit original comedy, Holliston, in an all-day marathon on Monday, August 5, at 10 a.m. ET/7 a.m. PT. Starting with the series' pilot episode and running through to the ninth episode of the second season, the marathon will whet fans' appetites and get them caught up on all the Holliston hijinks, just in time for the season two finale on Tuesday, August 6. As an added bonus, FEARnet will also be unveiling the world premiere of series character Lance Rockett's (Twisted Sister's Dee Snider) first music video. Fans can get a behind-the-scenes look at the music video exclusively on FEARnet, on Friday, August 2. The music video will run again during the Holliston marathon on Monday, August 5, with a portion of the video debuting in the Season 2 finale on Tuesday, August 6, at 10 p.m. ET/7 p.m. PT. The original song, itself, "Love It Down Your Throat," will be made available for purchase on iTunes right after the season finale airs. The brainchild of lifelong genre fan-turned-filmmaker Adam Green, Holliston is an irreverent take on the traditional multi-camera situational comedy, aimed at lovers of true horror, sci-fi and pop culture. Starring Green and Joe Lynch, Holliston is set in Green's real life hometown of Holliston, Massachusetts, and follows the daily exploits of Adam and Joe--two aspiring horror filmmakers, dealing with the struggles of post-college life and relationships, while trying to make their big break in the business. The talented ensemble cast includes Corri English, Laura Ortiz, Dave Brockie, and Dee Snider. Highlights of the marathon include a terrifying encounter with a hard-partying Tony Todd; ill-fated run-ins with Danielle Harris, Kane Hodder, and John Landis at a horror convention; a Christmas Special with a madman on the loose; an animated episode that sees the town attacked by a giant blob; a RINGU-inspired J-Horror episode; a Found Footage episode; and appearances from genre stars such as Bill Moseley, Sid Haig, David Naughton, and Bailee Madison.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (June)
06/14 - Ballers - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
06/14 - The League - Season 7 - The Final Fantasy
06/14 - The League - The Complete Series
06/14 - Maude - The Complete Fifth Season
06/14 - Survivor's Remorse - The Complete Second Season
06/21 - Workaholics - Season Six
06/24 - The Monkees - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
06/28 - Two Guys and a Girl - The Complete Series
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Wednesday, June 29
The Middle - "Land of the Lost" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Frankie becomes worried about Mike, who is being more quiet and distant than usual, and calls on Reverend TimTom to come over and try to find out what’s troubling him. Meanwhile, Sue invites an excited Brick to spend a weekend with her at college, which includes a tour of the library. But when Sue bumps into Logan — the hunky Abercrombie guy who had asked her out to prom — and once again falls under his dreamy spell, she realizes that Brick is no longer with her and is now missing; and Axl and Hutch decide to take matters into their own hands by complaining to the city when their house is completely overrun with ants, and they discover that they may have even more problems than an insect infestation.
The Goldbergs - "Magic Is Real" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Inspired by David Copperfield’s walk through The Great Wall of China, Adam becomes a magician in order to impress a girl at school. Meanwhile, Barry has no interest in taking the PSAT, but when he discovers his friends and girlfriend plan to do so, he’s hit with a harsh reality.
Modern Family - "Spread Your Wings" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Sick of having the ducklings around the house, Claire and the kids seize an opportunity to help expedite the ducks leaving the nest while Phil is off visiting Alex at college. Meanwhile, Jay helps Mitch with Lily’s sleepover with her friends from her Vietnamese dance troupe; and Gloria and Cam are off on a hot pepper heist carefully orchestrated by Manny in order to meet a big hot sauce delivery deadline.
black-ish - "The Leftovers" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Dre and Bow realize they don’t have a legal guardian for their kids, they make it their mission to find replacement parents should anything happen to them. Meanwhile, Zoey and Junior reveal the truth to Jack about their old dog’s death and other family secrets he naively accepted.
Fresh Off the Boat - "We Done Son" (ABC, 10:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Jessica and Honey’s friendship hits a rough patch after an argument about the investment property. Louis’s old friend Barry (J.B. Smoove) overstays his welcome. And Eddie starts a part-time job working for DMX.
The Real O'Neals - "The Real Book Club" (ABC, 10:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Eileen faces her book club for the first time after her family’s “outing,” but things take a surprising turn when instead of shunning her the ladies begin opening up – way too much – about their own problems. Kenny’s first trip to the “gayborhood” coffee shop is everything he’d hoped for, until Pat tags along with him to a gay dodge ball match.
Young & Hungry - "Young & Fostered" (Freeform, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Elliot and Alan's new foster daughter turns out to be a teenager with an attitude problem.
Baby Daddy - "Unholy Matrimony" (Freeform, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Ben pretends to be Bonnie's husband; Danny's fake relationship causes Riley to return to Ross.
Wednesday, June 29
- Adam Devine (Workaholics/Modern Family) - Watch Adam and Zac Efron on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Walton Goggins (Vice Principals) - Walton stops by Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Jennifer Lawrence (The Bill Engvall Show) - Jennifer appears on a repeat of The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- George Lopez (Lopez/Saint George/George Lopez) - George is a guest on a repeat of The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Dave Franco (Scrubs/Do Not Disturb) - Dave appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Julie Klausner (Difficult People) - Julie visits The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Ellie Kemper (Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt/The Office) - Ellie is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Eric Christian Olsen (The Loop) - Eric appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jim Jefferies (Legit) - Jim is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Jim Gaffigan (The Jim Gaffigan Show/My Boys/Welcome to New York) - Jim stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Brett Gelman (Married/Go On) - Brett appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Shiri Appleby (Sunday Dinner) - Shiri stops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Fred Savage (The Grinder/Working/The Wonder Years) - Fred guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Megan Fox (Hope & Faith) - Megan appears on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Candace Cameron Bure, Jodie Sweetin and Andrea Barber (Fuller House/Full House) - Candace, Jodie and Andrea are guests on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Judy Greer (Married/Mad Love/Arrested Development/Miss Guided) - Judy discusses her roles in everything from The Wedding Planner to 13 Going on 30 and Jurassic World on a repeat of The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Adrian Grenier (Entourage) - Adrian talks about his new movie, Marauders, out Friday, July 1, on People Now at 8:30am.
- Jolene Purdy (Benched/10 Things I Hate About You) - Jolene drops by Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Craig Bierko (Unhitched/Madman of the People/Sydney) - Craig talks about the new season of UnREAL on People Now at 8:30am.
- Malin Akerman (Sin City Saints/Trophy Wife) - Malin is a guest on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Sarah and Erin Foster (Barely Famous) - Sarah and Erin talk about VH1's Barely Famous on NBC's Today in the 10am hour and on the AOL Build Show at 2:30pm.
- Jason Sudeikis (The Last Man on Earth/The Cleveland Show) and Eric Stonestreet (Modern Family) - Jason and Eric are guests on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Ricky Schroder (Silver Spoons) - Ricky talks about The Fighting Season on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Donald Faison (The Exes/Scrubs) - Donald guest co-hosts Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Andrew Rannells (Girls/The New Normal) - Andrew joins Clinton Kelly to recreate one of his childhood favorites, a Cheeseburger “Funza” Sandwich, on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Jaime King (Gary Unmarried/The Class/Kitchen Confidential) - Jaime guest co-hosts The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Yvette Nicole Brown (The Odd Couple/Community) - Yvette guest co-hosts The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.