Wednesday, July 24, 2013
Kirstie Alley TV Land Sitcom Premieres December 4, John Travolta Guests; Holliston Marathon on FEARnet
TV Land's new sitcom Kirstie now has a premiere date! But first, we have some news on a major special guest star! Golden Globe® winner and two-time Academy Award® nominee John Travolta makes this rare guest star return to television on TV Land's new upcoming original sitcom Kirstie. During this guest star appearance, Travolta and his former on-screen flame, series star and executive producer Kirstie Alley, will be teaming up for an unforgettable reunion. The duo is best remembered for their on-screen romance in the hit movie franchise Look Who's Talking. Set to shoot early next month, Travolta will play a stagehand on "Maddie's" (Kirstie Alley) Broadway show. After a one-night stand together, Maddie is surprised to find that her fling refuses to be flung. Kirstie will debut on TV Land on Wednesday, December 4, 2013, and Travolta's episode will air later in the season. 12 episodes of the sitcom have been ordered. The show centers around Broadway star Madison Banks (Alley) whose life turns upside down when Arlo (Eric Petersen), the son she gave up at birth, suddenly appears, hoping to connect after his adoptive parents have died. Rhea Perlman (Cheers) co-stars as Maddie's assistant and best friend alongside Michael Richards (Seinfeld) as Maddie's outlandish driver.
FEARnet is giving fans the chance to relive all 20 episodes of its hit original comedy, Holliston, in an all-day marathon on Monday, August 5, at 10 a.m. ET/7 a.m. PT. Starting with the series' pilot episode and running through to the ninth episode of the second season, the marathon will whet fans' appetites and get them caught up on all the Holliston hijinks, just in time for the season two finale on Tuesday, August 6. As an added bonus, FEARnet will also be unveiling the world premiere of series character Lance Rockett's (Twisted Sister's Dee Snider) first music video. Fans can get a behind-the-scenes look at the music video exclusively on FEARnet, on Friday, August 2. The music video will run again during the Holliston marathon on Monday, August 5, with a portion of the video debuting in the Season 2 finale on Tuesday, August 6, at 10 p.m. ET/7 p.m. PT. The original song, itself, "Love It Down Your Throat," will be made available for purchase on iTunes right after the season finale airs. The brainchild of lifelong genre fan-turned-filmmaker Adam Green, Holliston is an irreverent take on the traditional multi-camera situational comedy, aimed at lovers of true horror, sci-fi and pop culture. Starring Green and Joe Lynch, Holliston is set in Green's real life hometown of Holliston, Massachusetts, and follows the daily exploits of Adam and Joe--two aspiring horror filmmakers, dealing with the struggles of post-college life and relationships, while trying to make their big break in the business. The talented ensemble cast includes Corri English, Laura Ortiz, Dave Brockie, and Dee Snider. Highlights of the marathon include a terrifying encounter with a hard-partying Tony Todd; ill-fated run-ins with Danielle Harris, Kane Hodder, and John Landis at a horror convention; a Christmas Special with a madman on the loose; an animated episode that sees the town attacked by a giant blob; a RINGU-inspired J-Horror episode; a Found Footage episode; and appearances from genre stars such as Bill Moseley, Sid Haig, David Naughton, and Bailee Madison.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (November)
11/03 - Californication - The Complete Series
11/03 - Getting On - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
11/03 - Hank (1965-66) - The Complete Series
11/03 - I Love Lucy - The Complete Series
11/03 - Men at Work - The Complete Second Season
11/03 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
11/03 - 'Til Death - The Complete Third Season
11/10 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - The Complete Remastered Series (DVD)
11/10 - Maude - The Complete Third Season
11/10 - WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete Final (Fourth) Season
11/17 - The Comedians - The Complete Series
11/17 - Cristela - The Complete First Season
11/17 - McHale's Navy - The Complete Series
11/17 - Sgt. Bilko (The Phil Silvers Show) - The Fourth Season
11/17 - Weird Loners - The Complete Series
11/24 - George Lopez - The Complete Sixth Seaon
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, December 1
The Muppets - "Going, Going, Gonzo" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
after a show-stopping duet with Miss Piggy on “Up Late with Miss Piggy,” Joseph Gordon-Levitt joins Scooter, Pepe and the gang for poker night; The Great Gonzo gears up to perform his dream stunt; and Dave Grohl challenges Animal to a drum-off.
Fresh Off the Boat - "We Done Son" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Jessica and Honey’s friendship hits a rough patch after an argument about the investment property. Louis’s old friend Barry (J.B. Smoove) overstays his welcome. And Eddie starts a part-time job working for DMX.
Grandfathered - "Jimmy & Sons" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Jimmy hires Gerald as the new host at his restaurant and gives him a crash course in hospitality. Meanwhile, Vanessa teaches Sara how to take sexy photos for Bruce (guest star Andy Daly), and Annelise encourages Ravi to crack down on the comedy in the kitchen.
The Grinder - "Grinder Rests in Peace" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
“The Grinder: New Orleans” -- a spinoff of the original hit series, asks Dean to film a scene giving closure to his beloved character, Mitch Grinder. Not surprisingly, Dean struggles with being replaced by his TV brother, Rake (guest star Timothy Olyphant). Meanwhile Stewart, who has also been feeling replaced by his brother in Ethan's eyes, jumps at the opportunity to get Dean back into acting and out of his hair.
Family Time - "Bright Lights, Dusty House" (Bounce TV, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Tony's mother comes over to help out now that Lisa has started a full time job; Donnie convinces tony to shoot an ad for his business.
Tuesday, December 1
- Seth MacFarlane (Family Guy/American Dad!) - Catch Seth on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Paul Reiser (Mad About You/The Paul Reiser Show) - Paul appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Krysten Ritter (Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23) - Krysten is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ted Danson (Cheers/Becker) - Ted appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Oliver Hudson (Rules of Engagement) - Oliver visits Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Michaela Watkins (Trophy Wife) - Michaela is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Kunal Nayyar (The Big Bang Theory) - Kunal stops by The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Wanda Sykes (The New Adventures of Old Christine/Wanda at Large) - Wanda appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Bob Saget (Fuller House/How I Met Your Mother/Full House) - Bob is a guest on The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Wendy Raquel Robinson (The Game/The Steve Harvey Show) - Wendy guest co-hosts The Real, so check your local listings.
- Terry Crews (Brooklyn Nine-Nine/Are We There Yet?/Everybody Hates Chris) - Terry join Chrissy Teigen in the kitchen to make breakfast toast cups and crème brûlée on FABLife, so check your local listings.
- Kristin Chenoweth (Kristin) - Kristin joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Mindy Kaling (The Mindy Project/The Office) - Mindy is a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Candace Cameron Bure (Fuller House/Full House) - Candace appears on People Now.