Friday, June 07, 2013
Seven Questions with Melissa Rycroft of Dancing with the Stars; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of June 10, 2013)
We talked to her about the Dancing experience obviously, but she is now promoting the launch of the Unconditional Fun Sweepstakes to celebrate the Banana Boat® ultimate fun family! We find out how she got involved with this brand, her experiences on Dancing with the Stars, what she thinks of the Results Show being eliminated next fall and if she has any acting aspirations next. So let's get right to another installment of "Seven Questions!"
"Seven Questions with Melissa Rycroft"
SitcomsOnline: It is so great to finally interview you! We have been a fan and a supporter of yours for quite some time. Hope you remember us and our tweets! Anyway, so glad you have partnered with Energizer Personal Care, the makers of Banana Boat® sunscreen. Can you tell us how you got into this?
Melissa Rycroft: I have always been an active person and was raised in a very athletic family, but since becoming a mom I feel like I've been more active than ever! My family really enjoys being outdoors, and during our family fun time outside, I want to be sure we're protected from the elements. With summer just around the corner, it was the perfect time to partner with Banana Boat® and their Unconditional Fun Sweepstakes to encourage families to get out and experience memorable moments together while protecting their skin from the sun.
SitcomsOnline: So you mentioned there is a sweepstakes portion for Banana Boat® sunscreen as well. How can families enter and what prizes are in store?
Melissa Rycroft: That's right! For seven weeks, Banana Boat® is giving families the opportunity to enter to win summer fun prizes including an outdoor swing set, an inflatable waterpark, and bikes for a family of four; and one family will win the ultimate four-day, three-night family getaway to any of the ten U.S. Great Wolf Lodge® Waterpark Resorts. Families can enter to win by uploading a picture of their family having fun in one of the 7 conditions or simply by clicking “Enter to Win” on the Banana Boat brand Facebook page at www.facebook.com/BananaBoatBrand
SitcomsOnline: Your daughter Ava is really an angel and I can't believe it has been 2 years since she was born! Does she like playing outside in the sun with you and Tye? Using that sunscreen will sure come in handy today in this hot and humid day here in NY. (Note: This interview was conducted last week.)
Melissa Rycroft: Yes! Ava adores being outside in the sun. We love spending time taking family trips to the lake or the beach, or just doing anything outdoors! I also feel like that time outdoors is important not only for building family memories, but also to showing Ava how important a sun protection regimen is to helping keep your skin safe from harmful UV rays. She’s growing up so fast, and I hope that teaching her healthy skin care habits now will give her the tools she needs to continue those habits in the future.
SitcomsOnline: Let's talk Dancing with the Stars for a bit, you were so great on season eight and then in the All-Star edition. I know you never thought you'd win the all-star edition, but we had a feeling you would. Can you share some secrets from behind the scenes of DWTS that many people probably don't know about? It seems like such a fun place.
Melissa Rycroft: Dancing with the Stars: All Stars was really an amazing experience, and it definitely topped my first round on dancing--though that's probably because we won! All around it was a great experience. The cast became so close, rehearsals became fun rather than a chore, and I had a blast with Tony!
SitcomsOnline: Which stars do you think should hit the dance floor on the upcoming fall season?
Melissa Rycroft: You know, I would recommend Dancing with the Stars to anyone and everyone that is considering joining the cast; it's such a fantastic experience and not one I will ever forget – plus it gets you in incredible shape! I won't name names, but I can certainly think of a number of people that I would personally love to see hit the floor!
SitcomsOnline: What is your take on the Dancing Results Show being eliminated this fall? How do you think they will handle the elimination process now on the performance show itself? It sounds action-packed!
Melissa Rycroft: I think there are lots of viewers that look forward to the results show (and I know I did as a contestant!), but there will still be two full seasons next year and it will give the competitors more time to train for their dances and competition. As for how they will handle the elimination process moving forward? I guess we'll all have to tune in and watch!
SitcomsOnline: Finally, what's coming up next for Melissa Rycroft? Any more GMA correspondent stories or another series? You need to be on TV every day. Frankly, we think you have the charisma and charm to star in a sitcom...any acting aspirations? Thank you for your time and hope we can actually meet one day!
Melissa Rycroft: Thank you! To be honest, right now I'm enjoying my family time. Summer is definitely the best time to take a few months off and relax with loved ones. We'll see what's in store in the future, but right now my focus is on family.
We definitely appreciate Melissa for taking the time to give us an interview to promote Banana Boat® and their Unconditional Fun Sweepstakes. She is so very nice and don't forget to enter the sweepstakes for your chance to win! That'll do it for this installment of "Seven Questions," stay tuned next time for another brand new interview! But first, don't forget to check out Melissa Rycroft all over the web and social media. Follow her everywhere!
- Melissa Rycroft Official Website
- Melissa Rycroft on Twitter
- Melissa Rycroft on Facebook
- Melissa Rycroft on Instagram
- Banana Boat Website
It's Friday, so it is time for "Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows" for the coming week. This is where we list what sitcom stars are appearing on talk shows for the coming week, the stars are both current and past sitcom stars, so this is for all sitcom fans of all eras!
For the week of June 10-14, 2013, we have many current sitcom stars and past sitcom stars on TV talk shows! All times listed are Eastern. So get your DVR's (or whatever you use) ready! Ready? Here is all what you need to know for the coming week!
Monday, June 10, 2013
- Alyssa Milano (Who's the Boss?) - Alyssa joins Clinton Kelly and Mario Batali in the kitchen to make pasta primavera mascarpone ravioli on The Chew on ABC at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Kevin James (The King of Queens), Chris Rock (Everybody Hates Chris), David Spade (Rules of Engagement) and Adam Sandler - The cast of Grown Ups 2 are guests on a prime time special Jimmy Kimmel Live: Game Night at 8pm/7pm ET/CT and following the NBA game on the west coast on ABC.
- Jamie Foxx (The Jamie Foxx Show) - Watch Jamie on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Nick Robinson (Melissa & Joey) - Nick stops by The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS. The Kings of Summer is now in theaters.
- Chris Messina (The Mindy Project) - Chris appears on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Jeffrey Tambor (Arrested Development/The Larry Sanders Show/The Ropers) - Jeffrey visits Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
- Judith Light (Who's the Boss?/Phenom) - Judith drops by LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry recommends outdoor activities for children on Katie, so check your local listings.
- Erin Murphy (Bewitched) - Erin shares how she is now conducting animal therapy at her ranch on Marie at 12pm on Hallmark Channel.
- Valerie Bertinelli (Hot in Cleveland/One Day at a Time) - Watch Valerie on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jennette McCurdy (Sam & Cat/iCarly) - Jennette visits Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
- Mark Feuerstein (Good Morning, Miami) - Mark appears on LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- James Van Der Beek (Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23) - James is a guest on a repeat of Anderson Live, so check your local listings.
- John Stamos (Full House/Jake in Progress) - John chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT. He will also be on NBC's Today between 7-9am.
- Betty White (Hot in Cleveland/The Golden Girls/The Mary Tyler Moore Show) - Catch Betty on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus (Veep/The New Adventures of Old Christine/Seinfeld) - Tune in to see Julia on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
- Jay Baruchel (Undeclared) - Jay appears on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Jerry Seinfeld (Seinfeld) - Jerry guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Leo Howard (Kickin' It/Shake It Up) - Leo is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- The Cast of Sullivan & Son - The cast of TBS' Sullivan & Son are guests on Home & Family at 10am on Hallmark Channel.
- Kunal Nayyar (The Big Bang Theory) - Kunal guest co-hosts The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Scott Baio (See Dad Run/Charles in Charge/Happy Days) - Scott discusses discusses his time portraying the beloved Chachi on Happy Days and how being a dad in real life has helped him play a TV dad in his latest show on Marie at 12pm on Hallmark Channel.
- Cedric the Entertainer (The Soul Man/The Steve Harvey Show) - Watch Cedric on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC. He will also be on Katie, so check your local listings.
- Niecy Nash (The Soul Man/Reno 911!) - Niecy appears on Katie, so check your local listings.
- Matthew Perry (Go On/Mr. Sunshine/Friends) - Matthew guest co-hosts a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- John Stamos (Full House/Jake in Progress) - John will be on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February/March)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbrekable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, March 25
Henry Danger - "Gas or Fail" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Captain Man finds himself trapped underground, Henry must devise a way to sneak out of his school's standardized testing to save Ray.
Game Shakers - "Llama Llama Spit Spit" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After the Game Shakers get kicked out of Fooders to make room for a guest who has his photo on the wall, Babe becomes determined to get their own photo up using any means necessary.
Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn - "To Be Invited or Not to Be" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
The quads make a new friend, an amazing inventor, but when not all of them get invited back to hang out again, they start to wonder why.
Love Thy Neighbor - "Better Late Than Never" (OWN, 9:00PM ET/PT)
A missed call leaves Danny and his family in a bad place.
Love Thy Neighbor - "Make Up or Make Out" (OWN, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Still upset with his friends, Danny takes the advice of his family.
Sunday, March 26
- Sanaa Lathan (Family Guy/The Cleveland Show/LateLine) - Catch Sanaa on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Chris on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Richard Dreyfuss (Your Family or Mine) - Richard appears on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Lily Tomlin (Grace and Frankie/Malibu Country) and Jane Fonda (Grace and Frankie) - Lily and Jane are guests on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. They also chat with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Craig Ferguson (The Drew Carey Show) - Craig visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He will also be on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Rachel Dratch (Imaginary Mary) - Rachel is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Pete Holmes (Crashing) - Pete stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jenna Elfman (Imaginary Mary/1600 Penn/Accidentally on Purpose/Courting Alex/Dharma & Greg) - Jenna appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Ron Funches (Powerless/Undateable) - Ron is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Kaitlin Olson (The Mick/It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia) - Kaitlin drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Wendi McLendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi appears on a repeat of Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) - Lisa is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Mark Consuelos (Alpha House/Hope & Faith) - Mark guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Tahj Mowry, Derek Theler and Jean-Luc Bilodeau (Baby Daddy) - Tahj, Derek and Jean-Luc are guests on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Tika appears on a repeat of The Real, so check your local listings.
- Vanessa Bell Calloway (Rhythm & Blues) - Vanessa is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- June Diane Raphael (Grace and Frankie) - June talks about Grace and Frankie on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly/Samantha Who?) and Ben Falcone (Joey) - Melissa and Ben talk TV Land's Nobodies on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Brooklyn Decker (Grace and Frankie/Friends with Better Lives) - Brookyln stops by People Now at 8:30am.
- Marcia Gay Harden (Trophy Wife) - Marcia opens up about her favorite part of being in the 50 Shades movies on People Now at 8:30am. \
- Tracee Ellis Ross (black-ish/Girlfriends) - Tracee dishes about her Golden Globe win on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 2am on BET or on your local stations.