Friday, June 21, 2013
The MeTV Network is reuniting Mary Richards (Mary Tyler Moore) and Rhoda Morgenstern (Valerie Harper)! Beginning Monday, July 8, The Mary Tyler Moore Show spin-off series Rhoda will join the MeTV line-up and will air weeknights at 9:30PM. This means both The Mary Tyler Moore Show and Rhoda, will air weeknights back-to-back beginning at 9:00PM. The addition of Rhoda will push back The Dick Van Dyke Show from 9:30 to 10PM, while The Odd Couple also gets pushed from 10PM to 10:30PM. The odd show out will be Hogan's Heroes, which was airing at 10:30pm, but will now be off the line-up. These changes are last minute additions to the already announced Summer of Me line-up on MeTV, which we announced before. No other changes will be made. Rhoda is a surprise and welcome addition, though. Relive the comedy and sometimes drama of two best friends who met in Minneapolis, shared an apartment, as well as years of laughter, tears and everything in between. Mary and Rhoda are together again on MeTV!
Rhoda was last seen on AmericanLife TV and FamilyNet a few years back. It was paired with another Mary Tyler Moore spin-off, Phyllis. While MeTV won't be airing Phyllis, we still get Rhoda on MeTV. This is a great way to remember Valerie Harper while she is still with us (as you know she is suffering from a rare, terminal cancer). Stay with us for continued updates!
It's Friday, so it is time for "Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows" for the coming week. This is where we list what sitcom stars are appearing on talk shows for the coming week, the stars are both current and past sitcom stars, so this is for all sitcom fans of all eras!
For the week of June 24-28, 2013, we have many current sitcom stars and past sitcom stars on TV talk shows! All times listed are Eastern. So get your DVR's (or whatever you use) ready! Ready? Here is all what you need to know for the coming week!
Monday, June 24, 2013
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly) - Watch Melissa on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS. She will also be on ABC's Good Morning America between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, check your listings for time and station on that one.
- Steve Carell (The Office) - Steve appears on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- John Goodman (Roseanne) - John chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Phil Rosenthal (Everybody Loves Raymond creator) - Creator, writer and executive producer Phil Rosenthal and his wife, actress Monica Horan Rosenthal, discuss their latest endeavor partnering with Inner-City Arts, an organization dedicated to providing thousands of children an arts education on Marie at 12pm on Hallmark Channel.
- Marlon Wayans (The Wayans Bros.) - Marlon talks about his new movie, The Heat, in the 10am hour on NBC's Today.
- Yvette Nicole Brown (Community) - Yvette guest co-hosts a repeat of Anderson Live, so check your local listings.
- Garcelle Beauvais (The Jamie Foxx Show) - Garcelle shares her excitement about portraying the First Lady in the new movie, White House Down, on Home & Family at 10am on Hallmark Channel. She also cooks beef braciole with prosciutto and olives with Mario Batali and Carla Hall on ABC's The Chew on ABC at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Bob Saget (How I Met Your Mother/Full House) - Catch Bob on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Miley Cyrus (Hannah Montana) - Miley is a guest on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Marlon Wayans (The Wayans Bros.) - Marlon visits Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Breckin Meyer (Married to the Kellys/Inside Schwartz) - Breckin appears on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Wendie Malick (Hot in Cleveland/Just Shoot Me!) - Tune in to see Wendie on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Eric McCormack (Will & Grace) - Will drops by LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Rebel Wilson (Fun Night) - Rebel is a guest on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings.
- Kathy Griffin (Suddenly Susan) - Kathy chats on The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Cedric the Entertainer (The Soul Man/The Steve Harvey Show) - Cedric brings the funny when he joins Clinton Kelly and Carla Hall in making a salmon club sandwich with delicious bacon on The Chew on ABC at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Jamie Foxx (The Jamie Foxx Show) - Watch Jamie on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America between 7-9am.
- Whitney Cummings (Whitney) - Whitney visits The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Eve (Eve) - Eve is part of the guest panel on Chelsea Lately on E! at 11pm.
- Steve Carell (The Office - Steve continues to make the rounds on LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings. He also talks about Despicable Me on NBC's Today between 7-9am.
- Miley Cyrus (Hannah Montana) - Miley stops by both ABC's Good Morning America (between 7-9am) and on LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Jami Gertz (The Neighbors/Still Standing/Square Pegs) and Constance Zimmer (Entourage/Good Morning, Miami) - Jami and Constance appear on a Hollywood Moms repeat of The Jeff Probst Show, so check your local listings.
- David Spade (Rules of Engagement/8 Simple Rules/Just Shoot Me!) - Catch David on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Jesse Tyler Ferguson (Modern Family/The Class) - Jesse appears on a repeat of Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
- Garcelle Beauvais (The Jamie Foxx Show) - Garcelle visits The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Eve (Eve) - Eve visits Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Phylicia Rashad (The Cosby Show/Cosby) - Phylicia is a guest on a repeat of Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- Allison Williams (Girls) - Allison appears on a repeat of Anderson Live, so check your local listings.
- Eden Sher (The Middle) - Eden returns with news about the Emotionary, a unique dictionary, on Home & Family at 10am on Hallmark Channel.
- Demi Lovato (Sonny with a Chance) - Demi stops by the studio of ABC's Good Morning America between 7-9am.
- Jim Parsons (The Big Bang Theory) - Watch Jim on a repeat of The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Wanda Sykes (The New Adventures of Old Christine/Wanda at Large) - Wanda visits The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Jesse Tyler Ferguson (Modern Family/The Class) - Jesse guest co-hosts The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jamie Foxx (The Jamie Foxx Show) - Jamie stops by LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Allison Janney (Mr. Sunshine) - Allison is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Demi Lovato (Sonny with a Chance) - Demi performs as part of the summer concert series on ABC's Good Morning America between 7-9am.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (March/April)
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
04/04 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season
04/11 - Father Knows Best - Season Five
04/11 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Third Season
04/11 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/11 - Veep - The Complete Fifth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, April 30
Bob's Burgers - "Like Gene for Chocolate" (Fox, 7:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Gene learns that the formula for his favorite chocolate has changed, he works with the head of the company in an attempt to remedy the situation. Meanwhile, Bob gets wrapped up in one of Teddy’s less-than-perfect plans.
Bob's Burgers - "Thelma & Louise Except Thelma Is Linda" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT)
After Louise gets in trouble at school, Linda is forced to meet with Mr. Frond (guest voice David Herman) and potentially could lose her hard-earned position as the Wagstaff bake sale leader. When she finds out that her daughter was actually trying to help another student, Linda is torn between following school policy or her own moral code.
The Simpsons - "Looking for Mr. Goodbart" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Bart gets in trouble on Grandparents Day at school and is forced to hang out with Skinner’s mother as punishment. After spending time with various grandmas in the neighborhood, he learns the benefits of hanging out with the elderly, but eventually recognizes the dangers of taking advantage of them. Meanwhile, Peekimon Get has taken over the town of Springfield.
Making History - "Night Cream" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
With the ever-present threat of losing tenure looming over him, Chris reaches out to John Hancock and Samuel Adams to help spice things up in the classroom in 2017. Meanwhile, Deb's dream of re-opening Chadwick's ice cream parlor is finally coming to fruition, but Dan has a few marketing ideas of his own.
Family Guy - "The Peter Principal" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Peter becomes the temporary principal at the high school, and Meg uses his new power to get even with her bullies. Meanwhile, Brian and Stewie open a bed & breakfast that quickly turns into a brothel.
The Last Man on Earth - "The Big Day" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Tandy and Gail face off in a major disagreement, on which the whole group must weigh in, and Carol is forced to choose a side. Meanwhile, Melissa, Todd and Erica each have major milestone moments.
Sunday, April 30
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - Catch NeNe on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Chris on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am and LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- America Ferrera (Superstore) - America drops by Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ike Barinholtz (The Mindy Project) - Ike appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Joel McHale (The Great Indoors/Community) - Joel is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jake Johnson (New Girl) - Jake visits The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Hank Azaria (Brockmire/The Simpsons/Free Agents) - Hank stops by Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Al Madrigal (About a Boy/Welcome to the Captain/Gary Unmarried) - Al appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Kevin Nealon (Man with a Plan/Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin is a guest on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Ashton Kutcher (The Ranch/Two and a Half Men/That '70s Show) - Ashton appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Allison teams up with Mario Batali to make a cheesy, decadent Gnocchi Al Telefono and dishes about her new Broadway show on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Charlie Hunnam (Undeclared) - Charlie will be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. He will also be on the AOL Build Show at 11:15am.
- Nick Robinson (Melissa & Joey) - Nick talks about his new film Everything, Everything on the AOL Build Show at 1pm.
- Jodie Sweetin (Hollywood Darlings/Fuller House/Full House) - Jodie is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.