Thursday, April 18, 2013
Remaining Episodes of Apartment 23 Will Be Online; Comedian to Host New TBS Series from Howie Mandel This Summer
Comedian, host and reality star Theo Von (Primetime in No Time, Last Comic Standing) is set to host TBS's upcoming new series Deal With It, from executive producer Howie Mandel. The hidden-camera show with a twist based on a successful format created by Keshet Broadcasting and United Studios is slated to premiere Tuesday, July 16, at 10pm (ET/PT). In TBS's Deal With It, unsuspecting members of the public will be secretly dared to pull a prank on their unwitting companions with absolutely no time to prepare. If they agree to participate, they must obey all instructions given through an earpiece from a secret control room nearby. With the opportunity to prank their way to cash and prizes, these everyday people will be shown no mercy as they are tasked with pulling off some of the most ridiculous behavior ever caught on hidden camera. Host Theo Von is the host of Yahoo!'s popular daily recap show, Primetime in No Time, the most successful video series online. As a comedian, he headlines comedy clubs across the country and was featured in one of the highest rated half-hour specials on Comedy Central last year. He also appeared on the hit series Last Comic Standing. Theo first came to the public's attention when he starred on MTV's popular reality series Road Rules. In addition to his on-screen appearances, Theo created CrankTexts.com, a website where he texts random cellphone numbers and gets into conversations with total strangers. Six episodes have been ordered. TBS also has another upcoming series Trust Me, I'm a Game Show Host still not scheduled. 10 episodes have been ordered for this series from Mark Burnett (The Bible, Shark Tank). This is a comedic game show in which two hosts each present the single contestant with a different answer to the same question. One host gives the correct answer, while the other lies and gives an incorrect answer. The contestant must then choose the right answer to move on in the game. This is the first game show where two hosts duel to deceive contestants. The players who prove themselves to be super-human lie detectors will go home with a pocketful of cash. Stay with us for a premiere date on that as soon as it is announced.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, September 30
Last Man Standing - "Gameday Forecast: Showers" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When a Jack and Jill wedding shower for Mandy and Kyle is announced, Mike is disappointed to learn it’s on the same day as the big Broncos-Chargers game. In an effort to catch the game with Joe (Jay Leno) and the guys, Mike convinces the couple to hold separate showers. Ryan offers to host the men’s festivities at his place, and to Mike’s dismay, he’s more into party planning than anyone would have thought. Meanwhile, Ed’s convinced that sticking to his superstitious rituals is the only way to see to it that the Broncos pull out a big win, even if it means interfering with Mandy’s wedding shower.
Dr. Ken - "Ken and Allison Share a Patient" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
On Allison’s first work day at Welltopia, she and Ken try to prove the other wrong when it comes to a patient’s diagnosis. After Damona introduces her new boyfriend, Eric, to co-workers, Pat surprises everyone and announces he’s also dating someone. Meanwhile, it’s Dave’s first day of middle school, and he’s nervous he won’t be able to make friends, so he turns to D.K. to help reinvent his image.
Liv and Maddie - "Linda & Heather-a-Rooney" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Liv thinks she landed a small role on a hit show called ``Linda and Heather'' but her part turns out to be much bigger; Joey experiences relationship woes.
Bunk'd - "Luke Out Below" (Disney Channel, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Luke comes back to camp and takes Griff and Zuri on an adventure to prove that he's just as responsible as the other CITs.
Love Thy Neighbor - "Three Times" (OWN, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Leslie and Angela try to fix their seemingly broken friendship with Jennifer.
Tyler Perry's For Better or Worse - "The Flower Delivery" (OWN, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Keisha manages to intercept Richard's gift for his new love interest.
Friday, September 30
- Minnie Driver (Speechless/About a Boy) - Watch Minnie on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Nathan Lane (Modern Family/Encore! Encore!/Charlie Lawrence) - Nathan visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Abby Elliott (Odd Mom Out) - Abby appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Clark Gregg (The New Adventures of Old Christine) - Clark is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Kristen Bell (The Good Place) - Kristen appears on Chelsea on Netflix.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Margo Martindale (The Millers) - Margo joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Alfonso Ribeiro (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air/In the House/Silver Spoons) - Alfonso will be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Ashley Williams (The Jim Gaffigan Show/How I Met Your Mother/Good Morning, Miami) - Ashley talks about her Hallmark Channel original movie Love on a Limb on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Queen Latifah (Living Single) - Queen Latifah stops by Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Tim Daly (Wings) - Tim talks about Madam Secretary on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Sara Rue (Impastor/Less Than Perfect) and Michael Rosenbaum (Impastor) - Sara and Michael talks about Season 2 of TV Land's Impastor on People Now at 8:30am.