Friday, March 29, 2013
FX to Launch FXX, New Spin-off Network, with Reruns of Parks and Rec and More; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of April 1, 2013)
On Monday, September 2, FX Networks will launch FXX, a new network aimed at young adult viewers. With the addition of FXX, FX Networks will become a suite of three networks consisting of FX, FXX and FXM (formerly know as Fox Movie Channel). FXX will be available in 74 million homes in year one, making it one of the most widely distributed entertainment networks ever for an ad-supported cable network in its inaugural year. FXX initially will be built on a foundation of original comedy series, movies and acquired series, and expand to include original drama series, all primarily designed to attract young adults 18-34. Before we get into FXX, we'll talk about what this means for FX and FXM. FX, the flagship of FX Networks, will continue to offer award-winning original comedy and drama series, movies and acquired series targeted to Adults 18-49. FX will increase the number of drama series and begin offering limited series and miniseries. FXM will continue to be home to prestige movies, and related short-form original programming - as its universe grows, it will begin to televise its own limited series and miniseries.
FXX will be anchored by the hit original series It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia and The League, two of the finest comedies on television and two of the highest-rated among Adults 18-24. These series, along with the series Legit, will move from FX to FXX with the launch of the network this fall. It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia's ninth season will air on FXX this fall, and the network has also placed an order for a tenth season that will air in the fall of 2014. The League's already announced fifth season will now air on FXX this fall, and the network is announcing a sixth season pickup that will air on FXX in the fall of 2014. The new critically-acclaimed comedy Legit's first season will end on FX Thursday, April 11 at 10:30PM ET/PT. The show has officially been picked up for a second season, and will be moving to FXX, returning in early 2014. In addition, late night comedy series Totally Biased with W. Kamau Bell, will go from from weekly to a five-night a week late night strip beginning this Fall with the launch of FXX. Totally Biased will debut its new format this fall with the launch of FXX with 130 new original episodes, airing Monday-Thursday at 11:00 PM ET/PT, with Best of the Week compilation episodes Sunday nights at 11:00 PM ET/PT. Until then, new episodes of Totally Biased in its currently weekly iteration will resume on FX on Thursday, May 9 at 11:00pm ET/PT. One pick-up that was announced by FX Networks today will remain on FX. The critically-acclaimed drama series Justified, starring Timothy Olyphant, will continue to run on FX. Season five begins production this fall and will air on FX in January 2014. Season four is currently airing, with the season finale slated to air next Tuesday, April 2, at 10:00 PM ET/PT.
As far as acquisitions, FXX will bulk up on younger skewing comedy series and dramas. They have gotten off-network rerun rights to a number of sitcoms and dramas. They'll air reruns of How I Met Your Mother, which currently air on FX, but there's more! Other series that have been announced so far are Parks and Recreation, Rescue Me, Arrested Development, Sports Night and Freaks & Geeks. FXX will also feature blockbuster movies in all dayparts. As for FX, they also will televise blockbuster movies in all dayparts, with a library unmatched by any basic cable network. The FX schedule will also include the acquired series Anger Management, Two and a Half Men and, coming in 2014, Mike & Molly. Presumably, How I Met Your Mother will be moving to FXX, but there is chance it will air on both FX and FXX. We hope to have more news on the acquisitions for both FX and FXX, including if there are more and what the schedule will be, but that won't be until this summer when we get into our annual fall schedules barrage! As far as development, FX will be bulking up on that and have a lot of series in the works. FX has ordered its first limited series, Fargo, from MGM Television. The series is adapted by novelist/writer Noah Hawley from the award-winning film of the same title and will run for 10 episodes in Spring 2014. And there are many other limited series, dramas, and comedy pilots in the works, so FX will still be very much in the original game even when some of the originals will move to FXX. Stay with us for continued updates!
It's Friday, so it is time for "Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows" for the coming week. This is where we list what sitcom stars are appearing on talk shows for the coming week, the stars are both current and past sitcom stars, so this is for all sitcom fans of all eras!
For the week of April 1-5, 2013, we have many current sitcom stars and past sitcom stars on TV talk shows! All times listed are Eastern. So get your DVR's (or whatever you use) ready! Ready? Here is all what you need to know for the coming week!
Monday, April 1, 2013
- Matthew Perry (Go On/Mr. Sunshine/Friends) - Watch Matthew on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Shia LaBeouf (Even Stevens) - Shia appears on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Kristen Schaal (Bob's Burgers/30 Rock) - Kristen is a guest on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Demi Lovato (Sonny with a Chance) - Demi stops by Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Alec Baldwin (30 Rock) - Alec visits Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
- Justin Bartha (The New Normal) - Justin drops by Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Seth Green (Greg the Bunny/Four Kings) - Seth chats on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Anthony Anderson (Guys with Kids/All About the Andersons) - Anthony appears on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings.
- Regina King (227) - Co-host Clinton Kelly teams with Regina to create cowboy rice and fried eggs on a repeat of The Chew on ABC at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Tracy Morgan (30 Rock/The Tracy Morgan Show) - Catch Tracy on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
- Lena Dunham (Girls) - Lena appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Busy Philipps (Cougar Town) - Busy is part of the guest panel on Chelsea Lately on E! at 11pm.
- Joel McHale (Community) - Joel appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings.
- Betty White (Hot in Cleveland/The Golden Girls/The Mary Tyler Moore Show) - Betty is a guest on a repeat of Anderson Live, so check your local listings.
- Brooke Shields (Suddenly Susan) - Brooke guest co-hosts The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Louis C.K. (Louie) - Watch Louis on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Max Greenfield (New Girl) - Max visits The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) - Lisa appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Sarah Silverman (The Sarah Silverman Program) - Sarah is a guest on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
- T.J. Miller (Carpoolers) - T.J. is part of the guest panel on a special one-hour episode of Chelsea Lately on E! at 11pm.
- Jeremy Sisto (Suburgatory) - Jeremy stops by LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Aubrey Plaza (Parks and Recreation) - Aubrey chats on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings.
- Jennie Garth (What I Like About You) - Jennie is a guest on a repeat of The Jeff Probst Show, so check your local listings.
- Keshia Knight Pulliam (The Cosby Show/Tyler Perry's House of Payne) - Keshia appears on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Beth Grant (The Mindy Project) - Beth talks about her southern roots, the challenges she faced becoming an actress and her daughter who also wishes to be an actor just like her parents on Marie at 12pm on Hallmark Channel.
- Sarah Chalke (How to Live with Your Parents (for the Rest of Your Life/Scrubs/Roseanne) - Sarah chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT. How to Live with Your Parents (for the Rest of Your Life premieres on ABC on April 3 at 9:30pm ET-PT.
- Terry Crews (Are We There Yet?/Everybody Hates Chris) - Watch Terry on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Kunal Nayyar (The Big Bang Theory) - Kunal appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Molly Shannon (Kath & Kim) - Molly is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly) - Tune in to see Melissa on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
- Shia LaBeouf (Even Stevens) - Shia continues to make the rounds on LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- D.L. Hughley (The Hughleys) - D.L. and dance partner Cheryl Burke visit The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings.
- Aziz Ansari (Parks and Recreation) - Aziz chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Chelsea Handler (Are You There, Chelsea?) - Catch Chelsea on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS. She will also be on LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Jane Levy (Suburgatory) - Jane appears on LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Joel McHale (Community) - Joel is a guest on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings.
- Jessica Walter (Retired at 35/Arrested Development) - Jessica visits Anderson Live, so check your local listings.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, October 24
Kevin Can Wait - "Beat the Parents" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Kevin and Donna are thrilled when their son, Jack, makes friends with a boy from school, Grayden (Graydon Peter Yosowitz), however, when Donna and Kevin don’t hit it off with Grayden’s arrogant father, Vic (Ray Romano), and his pushy wife, Brandi (Lindsay Broad), they set out to sabotage the boys’ new friendship. Matt Romano guest stars as Vic’s second son, Braden.
Man with a Plan - "Pilot" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Golden Globe Award winner Matt LeBlanc stars as Adam, a contractor who starts spending more time with his three kids when his wife, Andi, goes back to work and discovers the truth all parents eventually realize—their little angels are maniacs.
2 Broke Girls - "And the Godmama Drama" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Oleg and Sophie’s plan to have Max and Caroline as Barbara’s godparents is derailed when Oleg’s domineering mother, Olga (Mercedes Ruehl), arrives from the Ukraine for the baby’s baptism and fires Max and Caroline from their godparent duties.
The Odd Couple - "Food Fight" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Oscar learns that his favorite hangout, Langford’s, is in financial trouble, he impulsively asks Felix to help save it, without considering the disastrous consequences. Also, Felix tries to make his mark on the restaurant when the owner, Fred Langford (Fred Willard), puts him in charge for a few days.
Monday, October 24
- Ricky Gervais (The Office) - Watch Ricky on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) - Tom appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also talks about Inferno on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Elijah Wood (Wilfred) - Elijah is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ana Gasteyer (People of Earth/Lady Dynamite/Suburgatory) - Ana visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Nick Offerman (Parks and Recreation) - Nick stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Ron appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Kate Micucci (Raising Hope/The Big Bang Theory) - Kate is a guest on a repeat of @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Zooey Deschanel (New Girl) - Zooey appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Michael Chiklis (Daddio) - Michael drops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Jameela Jamil (The Good Place) - Jameela appears on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Aya Cash (You're the Worst) - Aya talks about You're the Worst on the AOL Build ShoW at 2pm. She will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Will is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Mary Steenburgen (The Last Man on Earth/Ink) - Mary talks about The Last Man on Earth on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. She will also be on the AOL Build Show at 12:30pm.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna talks about Good Girls Revolt on People Now at 8:30am.
- James Brolin (Life in Pieces) - James is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Matt LeBlanc (Man with a Plan/Episodes/Joey/Friends) - Matt appears on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Nico Tortorella (Younger) - Nico guest co-hosts The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.