Wednesday, March 06, 2013
Fox Summer 2013 Schedule with Sitcom The Goodwin Games; Esquire Network Acquires Late Night with Jimmy Fallon Encores
Late last week Fox scheduled mid-season comedy The Goodwin Games to premiere on Monday, May 20. However, the comedy will be surrounded by repeats of Fox's sitcoms, so this is more of a burn-off since it is airing in summer (more because it is placed with repeats). The Goodwin Games will air Mondays at 8:30pm beginning Monday, May 20 for seven weeks. Starring Scott Foley (Scandal, Grey's Anatomy, Felicity), Becki Newton (Ugly Betty) and T.J. Miller (Carpoolers, Our Idiot Brother), the inventive family comedy tells the story of three estranged siblings who return home after the loss of their beloved father (guest star Beau Bridges, My Name Is Earl), and unexpectedly find themselves poised to inherit more than $20 million - if, and only if, they can adhere to their late father's wishes. Summer encores of Tuesday comedies Raising Hope (8:00PM ET/PT), New Girl (9:00PM ET/PT) and The Mindy Project (9:30PM ET/PT) will air with this comedy on Mondays in the summer. Stay with us closer to premiere date for a pilot review of The Goodwin Games.
The Fox summer schedule kicks off on May 14. Returning for its landmark 10th season, So You Think You Can Dance waltzes into a new season Tuesday, May 14 from 8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT every Tuesday. New unscripted workplace experiment Does Someone Have To Go clocks in with a special preview Wednesday, May 15 at 9:00 PM ET/PT, following the first night of the two-night season finale of American Idol. In the series, which makes its time period premiere Thursday, May 23 at 8:00 PM ET/PT, the boardroom doors get blown wide open when employees are given the power to make some tough decisions. Hell's Kitchen will move to Thursdays at 9 beginning May 23. Masterchef debuts its fourth season with a two-hour season premiere on Wednesday, May 22 from 8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT and will be two-hours every Wednesday. Drama encores (Bones & The Following) will air Fridays, with MLB Baseball on Saturdays and Animation Domination comedy encores on Sundays. And finally, Animation Domination High-Def, Fox's new alternative animated programming block, will premiere late night on air Saturday, July 27 from 11:00 PM-12:30 AM ET/PT, with a number of new quarter-hour animated series. That's Fox Summer 2013! Stay with us for continued updates and summer schedules for the rest of the networks.
The new Esquire Network (currently known as G4) has secured exclusive cable television rights to NBC's award-winning late-night talk show, Late Night with Jimmy Fallon. Starting Wednesday, April 24, episodes will air on Esquire Network Monday through Friday at 7PM ET/PT, one week after they first premiere on NBC. Late Night marks the first talk show addition to the network's programming slate. Late Night with Jimmy Fallon joins previously announced series including originals Knife Fight and The Getaway, along with off-network comedy series Parks and Recreation and Party Down, as part of Esquire Network's new programming lineup beginning April 22. So it looks like Parks and Recreation will premiere in syndication before the Fall. We're not sure yet how many times a week Esquire can air the comedy yet, but we'll let you know as soon as we can release their launch schedule.
The network just ordered two original series to premiere this summer. In How I Rock It (working title), from Ryan Seacrest Productions and Citizen Jones, host and NBA superstar Baron Davis profiles the athletes, musicians, celebrities, designers, influencers and street-style icons whose careers, lives and lifestyles are setting a stylish new standard for today's modern man. Every half-hour episode in this six-part series features the leading tastemakers at the forefront of a men's style revolution, from the sartorial to the culinary, from home decor to personal technology and more, who all share one thing in common: a passion for expressing themselves through personal style. Risky Listing (working title) is a six-part, one-hour docuseries from Zodiak New York that goes behind the velvet rope to meet the high-end listings agents who wheel and deal in the exclusive, intensely competitive world of New York nightlife real estate. The series will follow along with the agents as they cut deals for the hottest bar, restaurant and nightclub spaces -- and try to stay on top in the city that never sleeps. The playground of New York's coolest crowds may be their office, but in a cutthroat business, with millions on the line, will they toast their success or get cut off before last call?
If you didn't read our previous story, The Esquire Network is a new network for the modern man. Tagline: The modern man will be televised. Championing intelligence, wit and style, Esquire Network brings the iconic men's brand to television as the definitive network for the modern, multi-faceted man. A strategic partnership between NBCUniversal and Hearst Magazines, the network's programming explores and celebrates the interests, passions and aspirations of today's man: gaming, gear, entertainment, food, fashion, women, humor, travel, competition, danger and more. Formerly known as G4, Esquire Network will launch Monday, April 22, 2013 in 62 million households nationwide, as well as online, mobile, On Demand and other platforms. Esquire Network is a unit of NBCUniversal Cable Entertainment, a division of NBCUniversal.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)
10/04 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Christmas Special (Colorized)
10/04 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #1 (Colorized)
10/11 - Dr. Ken - Season One
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Series
10/11 - Nurse Jackie - Seasons One and Two
10/11 - Weeds - Seasons One and Two
11/01 - Schitt's Creek - Seasons One and Two
11/08 - Family Matters - The Complete Ninth Season
11/08 - Your Family or Mine - Season One
11/15 - Community - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Lucy Show - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Mindy Project - Season Four
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, December 3
Henry Danger - "Dodging Danger" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Henry uses his new super power to compete in a Dodge-A-Leen tournament, Ray, Schwoz, and Charlotte go undercover to teach Henry a lesson.
Monday, December 5
- Will Smith (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) - Watch Will on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Steve Harvey (The Steve Harvey Show) - Steve visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. He chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jason Bateman (Arrested Development/The Hogan Family/It's Your Move) - Jason visits The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Gael García Bernal (Mozart in the Jungle) - Gael is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Steve Agee (The Sarah Silverman Program) - Steve appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- The Cast of Fuller House - The cast of Fuller House are guests on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Patricia Heaton (The Middle/Back to You/Everybody Loves Raymond) - Patricia stops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Miss Piggy (The Muppets) - Miss Piggy and Harry perform Deck the Halls on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Meredith Hagner (Search Party/Men at Work) - Meredith is a guest on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Lauren Graham (The Odd Couple/Conrad Bloom/Townies) - Lauren appears on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- T.J. Miller (Silicon Valley/The Goodwin Games/Carpoolers) - T.J. talks about Office Christmas Party on the AOL Build Show at 3pm. He will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET. He can also be heard on The Morning Mash Up on SiriusXM at 9:50am.
- Bradley Whitford (Happyish/Trophy Wife) - Bradley is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Josh McDermitt (Retired at 35) - Josh can be heard on The Morning Mash Up on SiriusXM at 10:45am.
- Erinn Hayes (Kevin Can Wait/Guys with Kids/Worst Week) - Erinn talks about Kevin Can Wait on the AOL Build Show at 4pm.