Wednesday, March 06, 2013
Fox Summer 2013 Schedule with Sitcom The Goodwin Games; Esquire Network Acquires Late Night with Jimmy Fallon Encores
Late last week Fox scheduled mid-season comedy The Goodwin Games to premiere on Monday, May 20. However, the comedy will be surrounded by repeats of Fox's sitcoms, so this is more of a burn-off since it is airing in summer (more because it is placed with repeats). The Goodwin Games will air Mondays at 8:30pm beginning Monday, May 20 for seven weeks. Starring Scott Foley (Scandal, Grey's Anatomy, Felicity), Becki Newton (Ugly Betty) and T.J. Miller (Carpoolers, Our Idiot Brother), the inventive family comedy tells the story of three estranged siblings who return home after the loss of their beloved father (guest star Beau Bridges, My Name Is Earl), and unexpectedly find themselves poised to inherit more than $20 million - if, and only if, they can adhere to their late father's wishes. Summer encores of Tuesday comedies Raising Hope (8:00PM ET/PT), New Girl (9:00PM ET/PT) and The Mindy Project (9:30PM ET/PT) will air with this comedy on Mondays in the summer. Stay with us closer to premiere date for a pilot review of The Goodwin Games.
The Fox summer schedule kicks off on May 14. Returning for its landmark 10th season, So You Think You Can Dance waltzes into a new season Tuesday, May 14 from 8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT every Tuesday. New unscripted workplace experiment Does Someone Have To Go clocks in with a special preview Wednesday, May 15 at 9:00 PM ET/PT, following the first night of the two-night season finale of American Idol. In the series, which makes its time period premiere Thursday, May 23 at 8:00 PM ET/PT, the boardroom doors get blown wide open when employees are given the power to make some tough decisions. Hell's Kitchen will move to Thursdays at 9 beginning May 23. Masterchef debuts its fourth season with a two-hour season premiere on Wednesday, May 22 from 8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT and will be two-hours every Wednesday. Drama encores (Bones & The Following) will air Fridays, with MLB Baseball on Saturdays and Animation Domination comedy encores on Sundays. And finally, Animation Domination High-Def, Fox's new alternative animated programming block, will premiere late night on air Saturday, July 27 from 11:00 PM-12:30 AM ET/PT, with a number of new quarter-hour animated series. That's Fox Summer 2013! Stay with us for continued updates and summer schedules for the rest of the networks.
The new Esquire Network (currently known as G4) has secured exclusive cable television rights to NBC's award-winning late-night talk show, Late Night with Jimmy Fallon. Starting Wednesday, April 24, episodes will air on Esquire Network Monday through Friday at 7PM ET/PT, one week after they first premiere on NBC. Late Night marks the first talk show addition to the network's programming slate. Late Night with Jimmy Fallon joins previously announced series including originals Knife Fight and The Getaway, along with off-network comedy series Parks and Recreation and Party Down, as part of Esquire Network's new programming lineup beginning April 22. So it looks like Parks and Recreation will premiere in syndication before the Fall. We're not sure yet how many times a week Esquire can air the comedy yet, but we'll let you know as soon as we can release their launch schedule.
The network just ordered two original series to premiere this summer. In How I Rock It (working title), from Ryan Seacrest Productions and Citizen Jones, host and NBA superstar Baron Davis profiles the athletes, musicians, celebrities, designers, influencers and street-style icons whose careers, lives and lifestyles are setting a stylish new standard for today's modern man. Every half-hour episode in this six-part series features the leading tastemakers at the forefront of a men's style revolution, from the sartorial to the culinary, from home decor to personal technology and more, who all share one thing in common: a passion for expressing themselves through personal style. Risky Listing (working title) is a six-part, one-hour docuseries from Zodiak New York that goes behind the velvet rope to meet the high-end listings agents who wheel and deal in the exclusive, intensely competitive world of New York nightlife real estate. The series will follow along with the agents as they cut deals for the hottest bar, restaurant and nightclub spaces -- and try to stay on top in the city that never sleeps. The playground of New York's coolest crowds may be their office, but in a cutthroat business, with millions on the line, will they toast their success or get cut off before last call?
If you didn't read our previous story, The Esquire Network is a new network for the modern man. Tagline: The modern man will be televised. Championing intelligence, wit and style, Esquire Network brings the iconic men's brand to television as the definitive network for the modern, multi-faceted man. A strategic partnership between NBCUniversal and Hearst Magazines, the network's programming explores and celebrates the interests, passions and aspirations of today's man: gaming, gear, entertainment, food, fashion, women, humor, travel, competition, danger and more. Formerly known as G4, Esquire Network will launch Monday, April 22, 2013 in 62 million households nationwide, as well as online, mobile, On Demand and other platforms. Esquire Network is a unit of NBCUniversal Cable Entertainment, a division of NBCUniversal.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February/March)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbrekable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, March 25
Henry Danger - "Gas or Fail" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Captain Man finds himself trapped underground, Henry must devise a way to sneak out of his school's standardized testing to save Ray.
Game Shakers - "Llama Llama Spit Spit" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After the Game Shakers get kicked out of Fooders to make room for a guest who has his photo on the wall, Babe becomes determined to get their own photo up using any means necessary.
Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn - "To Be Invited or Not to Be" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
The quads make a new friend, an amazing inventor, but when not all of them get invited back to hang out again, they start to wonder why.
Love Thy Neighbor - "Better Late Than Never" (OWN, 9:00PM ET/PT)
A missed call leaves Danny and his family in a bad place.
Love Thy Neighbor - "Make Up or Make Out" (OWN, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Still upset with his friends, Danny takes the advice of his family.
Sunday, March 26
- Sanaa Lathan (Family Guy/The Cleveland Show/LateLine) - Catch Sanaa on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Chris on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Richard Dreyfuss (Your Family or Mine) - Richard appears on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Lily Tomlin (Grace and Frankie/Malibu Country) and Jane Fonda (Grace and Frankie) - Lily and Jane are guests on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. They also chat with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Craig Ferguson (The Drew Carey Show) - Craig visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He will also be on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Rachel Dratch (Imaginary Mary) - Rachel is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Pete Holmes (Crashing) - Pete stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jenna Elfman (Imaginary Mary/1600 Penn/Accidentally on Purpose/Courting Alex/Dharma & Greg) - Jenna appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Ron Funches (Powerless/Undateable) - Ron is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Kaitlin Olson (The Mick/It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia) - Kaitlin drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Wendi McLendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi appears on a repeat of Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) - Lisa is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Mark Consuelos (Alpha House/Hope & Faith) - Mark guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Tahj Mowry, Derek Theler and Jean-Luc Bilodeau (Baby Daddy) - Tahj, Derek and Jean-Luc are guests on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Tika appears on a repeat of The Real, so check your local listings.
- Vanessa Bell Calloway (Rhythm & Blues) - Vanessa is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- June Diane Raphael (Grace and Frankie) - June talks about Grace and Frankie on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly/Samantha Who?) and Ben Falcone (Joey) - Melissa and Ben talk TV Land's Nobodies on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Brooklyn Decker (Grace and Frankie/Friends with Better Lives) - Brookyln stops by People Now at 8:30am.
- Marcia Gay Harden (Trophy Wife) - Marcia opens up about her favorite part of being in the 50 Shades movies on People Now at 8:30am. \
- Tracee Ellis Ross (black-ish/Girlfriends) - Tracee dishes about her Golden Globe win on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 2am on BET or on your local stations.