Tuesday, March 05, 2013
Fox Picks Up New Girl, Raising Hope, Mindy Project For 2013-14; Antenna TV Goes Wild for Westerns, for Week of March 11
Fox has picked up three comedy series from its Tuesday comedy block for next season! You'll see New Girl, The Mindy Project and Raising Hope all return for the 2013-14 season. It was already a good sign they would return, since repeats are scheduled to air all summer on Monday nights. New Girl, starring Zooey Deschanel, was picked up for a third season, The Mindy Project with Mindy Kaling received a second season order and Raising Hope starring Martha Plimpton was renewed for a fourth season. The latter two series haven't really set the ratings roof on fire, but were good enough for Fox to bring back to try and build their Tuesday comedy block even more. The only casualty is Ben & Kate. Fox has also ordered a second season of the year's most thrilling new series The Following, which airs Mondays at 9. The Kevin Bacon series just has aired six episodes from its fifteen episode order so far but has done very well. The Following and Mindy Project join The CW's Arrow as rookies to get an early second season renewal. Last week The CW picked-up veterans The Vampire Diaries and Supernatural for 2013-14, joining CBS' How I Met Your Mother and Fox's Bones, as series officially picked-up for 2013-14.
Antenna TV, Tribune Broadcasting's multicast broadcast network, has corralled a collection of the best from the Wild West and will air "Wild West Week" from Monday, March 11 through Saturday, March 16. Antenna TV, which airs on 71 affiliates across the U.S. reaching 61% of TV households, will feature the following classic western movies: The Desperadoes (1943) Starring Randolph Scott, Claire Trevor and Glenn Ford; The Man from Colorado (1948) Starring William Holden, Glenn Ford and Ellen Drew; Arizona (1940) Starring Jean Arthur, William Holden and Warren William; Cowboy (1958) Starring Jack Lemmon, Glenn Ford and Anna Kashfi; Two Rode Together (1961) Starring James Stewart, Richard Widmark and Shirley Jones; Fools' Paradise (1971) Starring James Stewart, George Kennedy and Anne Baxter; The Violent Men (1955) Starring Glenn Ford, Barbara Stanwyck and Edward G. Robinson; Coroner Creek (1948) Starring Randolph Scott, Marguerite Chapman & George Macready; A Man Called Sledge (1970) Starring James Garner, Dennis Weaver and Claude Akins; and The Professionals (1966) Starring Burt Lancaster, Lee Marvin and Jack Palance.
Antenna TV's "Wild West Week" will air in the late night/early morning Monday-Friday (March 11-15)from 3am-9am ET and also during the Saturday night movie block on March 16 airing 7:30pm-4am ET. So not to worry, your favorite Antenna TV sitcoms will not be preempted! Stay tuned in the coming weeks when we announce the new Antenna TV spring line-up!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (January/February)
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One / Review
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two / Review
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, February 20
Kevin Can Wait - "Neighborhood Watch" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Donna’s cousin, Irene (Claire Coffee), comes to visit with her chatty husband, Stuart (Alexander Chaplin), Kevin concocts an elaborate plan to avoid spending time with them by forming a neighborhood watch group with his buddies, including his neighbor, Rootger (Bas Rutten).
Man with a Plan - "Kate's First Date" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Kate is asked out on her first date, Adam can’t curb his overprotective ways. Also, Don enlists Lowell’s help to buy the perfect anniversary gift for Marcy.
Superior Donuts - "Trust Me" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Arthur is reluctant to let Franco make the shop’s bank deposit, Franco accuses his boss of not trusting him. Also, James regrets confiding in Randy after she shares an embarrassing secret about him with other cops at the station.
2 Broke Girls - "And the Jessica Shmessica" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
When Bobby (Christopher Gorham) invites Caroline to a party to meet his family, she is eager to make a good impression but isn’t prepared for the torch that his mother and sisters still carry for Bobby’s ex-girlfriend. Also, Caroline’s nerves are even more frayed when the diner gang decides to tag along. Guest stars include Nora Dunn as Bobby’s mother, Teresa, and Kerri Kenney-Silver as his sister, Denise.
Monday, February 20
- Jason Jones (The Detour) - Watch Jason on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Norm Macdonald (The Norm Show/A Minute with Stan Hooper) - Norm is a guest on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Keke Palmer (Scream Queens/True Jackson, VP) - Keke appears on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Wendi McLendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi visits Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Patricia Heaton (The Middle/Back to You/Everybody Loves Raymond) - Patricia chats on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - NeNe guest co-hosts The Real, so check your local listings.
- Mike Farrell, Loretta Swit and Jamie Farr (M*A*S*H) - Mike, Loretta and Jamie are guests on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Anne-Marie Johnson (What's Happening Now!!) - Anne-Marie discusses diversity at the Oscars on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Adam Scott (Parks and Recreation) - Adam joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Rosie Perez (Search Party) - Rosie is a guest on Good Day New York on WNYW-Fox5 in New York sometime between 7-10am.
- Regina Hall (Grandfathered) - Regina appears on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Louie Anderson (Baskets/The Louie Show/Life with Louie) - Louie is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.