Tuesday, March 05, 2013
Fox Picks Up New Girl, Raising Hope, Mindy Project For 2013-14; Antenna TV Goes Wild for Westerns, for Week of March 11
Fox has picked up three comedy series from its Tuesday comedy block for next season! You'll see New Girl, The Mindy Project and Raising Hope all return for the 2013-14 season. It was already a good sign they would return, since repeats are scheduled to air all summer on Monday nights. New Girl, starring Zooey Deschanel, was picked up for a third season, The Mindy Project with Mindy Kaling received a second season order and Raising Hope starring Martha Plimpton was renewed for a fourth season. The latter two series haven't really set the ratings roof on fire, but were good enough for Fox to bring back to try and build their Tuesday comedy block even more. The only casualty is Ben & Kate. Fox has also ordered a second season of the year's most thrilling new series The Following, which airs Mondays at 9. The Kevin Bacon series just has aired six episodes from its fifteen episode order so far but has done very well. The Following and Mindy Project join The CW's Arrow as rookies to get an early second season renewal. Last week The CW picked-up veterans The Vampire Diaries and Supernatural for 2013-14, joining CBS' How I Met Your Mother and Fox's Bones, as series officially picked-up for 2013-14.
Antenna TV, Tribune Broadcasting's multicast broadcast network, has corralled a collection of the best from the Wild West and will air "Wild West Week" from Monday, March 11 through Saturday, March 16. Antenna TV, which airs on 71 affiliates across the U.S. reaching 61% of TV households, will feature the following classic western movies: The Desperadoes (1943) Starring Randolph Scott, Claire Trevor and Glenn Ford; The Man from Colorado (1948) Starring William Holden, Glenn Ford and Ellen Drew; Arizona (1940) Starring Jean Arthur, William Holden and Warren William; Cowboy (1958) Starring Jack Lemmon, Glenn Ford and Anna Kashfi; Two Rode Together (1961) Starring James Stewart, Richard Widmark and Shirley Jones; Fools' Paradise (1971) Starring James Stewart, George Kennedy and Anne Baxter; The Violent Men (1955) Starring Glenn Ford, Barbara Stanwyck and Edward G. Robinson; Coroner Creek (1948) Starring Randolph Scott, Marguerite Chapman & George Macready; A Man Called Sledge (1970) Starring James Garner, Dennis Weaver and Claude Akins; and The Professionals (1966) Starring Burt Lancaster, Lee Marvin and Jack Palance.
Antenna TV's "Wild West Week" will air in the late night/early morning Monday-Friday (March 11-15)from 3am-9am ET and also during the Saturday night movie block on March 16 airing 7:30pm-4am ET. So not to worry, your favorite Antenna TV sitcoms will not be preempted! Stay tuned in the coming weeks when we announce the new Antenna TV spring line-up!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)
10/04 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Christmas Special (Colorized)
10/04 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #1 (Colorized)
10/11 - Dr. Ken - Season One
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Series
10/11 - Nurse Jackie - Seasons One and Two
10/11 - Weeds - Seasons One and Two
11/01 - Schitt's Creek - Seasons One and Two
11/08 - Family Matters - The Complete Ninth Season
11/08 - Your Family or Mine - Season One
11/15 - Community - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Lucy Show - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Mindy Project - Season Four
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, December 3
Henry Danger - "Dodging Danger" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Henry uses his new super power to compete in a Dodge-A-Leen tournament, Ray, Schwoz, and Charlotte go undercover to teach Henry a lesson.
Monday, December 5
- Will Smith (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) - Watch Will on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Steve Harvey (The Steve Harvey Show) - Steve visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. He chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jason Bateman (Arrested Development/The Hogan Family/It's Your Move) - Jason visits The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Gael García Bernal (Mozart in the Jungle) - Gael is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Steve Agee (The Sarah Silverman Program) - Steve appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- The Cast of Fuller House - The cast of Fuller House are guests on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Patricia Heaton (The Middle/Back to You/Everybody Loves Raymond) - Patricia stops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Miss Piggy (The Muppets) - Miss Piggy and Harry perform Deck the Halls on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Meredith Hagner (Search Party/Men at Work) - Meredith is a guest on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Lauren Graham (The Odd Couple/Conrad Bloom/Townies) - Lauren appears on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- T.J. Miller (Silicon Valley/The Goodwin Games/Carpoolers) - T.J. talks about Office Christmas Party on the AOL Build Show at 3pm. He will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET. He can also be heard on The Morning Mash Up on SiriusXM at 9:50am.
- Bradley Whitford (Happyish/Trophy Wife) - Bradley is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Josh McDermitt (Retired at 35) - Josh can be heard on The Morning Mash Up on SiriusXM at 10:45am.
- Erinn Hayes (Kevin Can Wait/Guys with Kids/Worst Week) - Erinn talks about Kevin Can Wait on the AOL Build Show at 4pm.