Tuesday, March 05, 2013
Fox Picks Up New Girl, Raising Hope, Mindy Project For 2013-14; Antenna TV Goes Wild for Westerns, for Week of March 11
Fox has picked up three comedy series from its Tuesday comedy block for next season! You'll see New Girl, The Mindy Project and Raising Hope all return for the 2013-14 season. It was already a good sign they would return, since repeats are scheduled to air all summer on Monday nights. New Girl, starring Zooey Deschanel, was picked up for a third season, The Mindy Project with Mindy Kaling received a second season order and Raising Hope starring Martha Plimpton was renewed for a fourth season. The latter two series haven't really set the ratings roof on fire, but were good enough for Fox to bring back to try and build their Tuesday comedy block even more. The only casualty is Ben & Kate. Fox has also ordered a second season of the year's most thrilling new series The Following, which airs Mondays at 9. The Kevin Bacon series just has aired six episodes from its fifteen episode order so far but has done very well. The Following and Mindy Project join The CW's Arrow as rookies to get an early second season renewal. Last week The CW picked-up veterans The Vampire Diaries and Supernatural for 2013-14, joining CBS' How I Met Your Mother and Fox's Bones, as series officially picked-up for 2013-14.
Antenna TV, Tribune Broadcasting's multicast broadcast network, has corralled a collection of the best from the Wild West and will air "Wild West Week" from Monday, March 11 through Saturday, March 16. Antenna TV, which airs on 71 affiliates across the U.S. reaching 61% of TV households, will feature the following classic western movies: The Desperadoes (1943) Starring Randolph Scott, Claire Trevor and Glenn Ford; The Man from Colorado (1948) Starring William Holden, Glenn Ford and Ellen Drew; Arizona (1940) Starring Jean Arthur, William Holden and Warren William; Cowboy (1958) Starring Jack Lemmon, Glenn Ford and Anna Kashfi; Two Rode Together (1961) Starring James Stewart, Richard Widmark and Shirley Jones; Fools' Paradise (1971) Starring James Stewart, George Kennedy and Anne Baxter; The Violent Men (1955) Starring Glenn Ford, Barbara Stanwyck and Edward G. Robinson; Coroner Creek (1948) Starring Randolph Scott, Marguerite Chapman & George Macready; A Man Called Sledge (1970) Starring James Garner, Dennis Weaver and Claude Akins; and The Professionals (1966) Starring Burt Lancaster, Lee Marvin and Jack Palance.
Antenna TV's "Wild West Week" will air in the late night/early morning Monday-Friday (March 11-15)from 3am-9am ET and also during the Saturday night movie block on March 16 airing 7:30pm-4am ET. So not to worry, your favorite Antenna TV sitcoms will not be preempted! Stay tuned in the coming weeks when we announce the new Antenna TV spring line-up!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, September 25
Family Guy - "A Lot Going on Upstairs" (Fox, 7:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Stewie refuses to sleep in his own bed because of nightmares, Peter can’t stand it, so he goes to sleep in the attic. Peter turns the attic into a man cave and all of the guys begin hanging out there, which makes Lois incredibly angry. Meanwhile, Brian helps Stewie overcome his fears by building a device to go into his nightmares and defeat his demons.
Bob's Burgers - "Flu-oise" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT)
When the youngest Belcher comes down with an epic case of the flu, Linda has a mishap as she tries to deliver Louise’s favorite toy to her daughter’s bedside. After Louise vows that she will never forgive her family for their mistake, she falls into a wild fever dream filled with familiar faces, zany musical numbers and a crazy adventure.
The Simpsons - "Monty Burns' Fleeing Circus" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Springfield is burned to the ground, the Simpsons beg Mr. Burns to fund its rebuilding. Burns agrees – with one condition: he gets to put on a variety show at the Springfield Bowl.
Son of Zorn - "Defender of Teen Love" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After embarrassing Alan in front of his crush, Nancy, Zorn uses the Stone of Sight to spy on the girl for his son. Meanwhile, Edie is determined to move on and forces Zorn to finally move his old boxes out of her garage and into his own apartment.
Family Guy - "The Boy in the Band" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Stewie and Brian form a children’s band that quickly rises to fame until they let a girl get between them and drive the band apart. Meanwhile, Peter and Lois insist that Chris gets a job so he takes a job managing Quagmire’s sex life as his personal assistant.
The Last Man on Earth - "General Breast Theme with Cobras" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
The safety of Tandy and the group is in jeopardy as armed intruders storm the Malibu beach near their home, and no one can agree on what to do. While Melissa takes drastic action, Tandy gets a new lesson in fashion.
K.C. Undercover - "In Too Deep 2" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
The Volunteens give K.C. an assignment that pits her against Craig and his job of protecting the ambassador.
Bizaardvark - "Pretty-Con" (Disney Channel, 8:30PM ET/PT)
The annual beauty convention Pretty-Con comes to Vuuugle and Amelia obsesses with beating out a beauty guru for the Golden Powder Puff Award; Paige and Frankie agree to help so they can meet the host and debut their music video.
Sunday, September 25
- Mark Consuelos (Hope & Faith) - Catch Mark on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Zach Galifianakis (Baskets) - Watch Zach on on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Rob Lowe (The Grinder/Parks and Recreation) - Rob appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also talks about Code Black on CBS This Morning sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings. He will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Kal Penn (We Are Men/How I Met Your Mother) - Kal is a guest on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Will visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He will also be on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Norm Macdonald (Norm) - Norm stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Margaret Cho (All-American Girl) - Margaret appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Jaleel White (Family Matters/Grown Ups) - Jaleel is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Patton Oswalt (The Goldbergs/The King of Queens) - Patton visits Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Whoopi Goldberg (Whoopi/Bagdad Cafe) - Whoopi drops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Kristin Chenoweth (Kristin) - Kristin performs live on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am. She also talks about her new album on the AOL Build Show at 3pm.
- Sutton Foster (Younger) - Sutton talks about Younger on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- The Cast of Younger) - Sutton Foster, Debi Mazar, Hilary Duff, Nico Tortorella, Peter Hermann, Miriam Shor and Molly Bernard are guests on the AOL Build Show at 2:15pm.