Tuesday, March 05, 2013
Fox Picks Up New Girl, Raising Hope, Mindy Project For 2013-14; Antenna TV Goes Wild for Westerns, for Week of March 11
Fox has picked up three comedy series from its Tuesday comedy block for next season! You'll see New Girl, The Mindy Project and Raising Hope all return for the 2013-14 season. It was already a good sign they would return, since repeats are scheduled to air all summer on Monday nights. New Girl, starring Zooey Deschanel, was picked up for a third season, The Mindy Project with Mindy Kaling received a second season order and Raising Hope starring Martha Plimpton was renewed for a fourth season. The latter two series haven't really set the ratings roof on fire, but were good enough for Fox to bring back to try and build their Tuesday comedy block even more. The only casualty is Ben & Kate. Fox has also ordered a second season of the year's most thrilling new series The Following, which airs Mondays at 9. The Kevin Bacon series just has aired six episodes from its fifteen episode order so far but has done very well. The Following and Mindy Project join The CW's Arrow as rookies to get an early second season renewal. Last week The CW picked-up veterans The Vampire Diaries and Supernatural for 2013-14, joining CBS' How I Met Your Mother and Fox's Bones, as series officially picked-up for 2013-14.
Antenna TV, Tribune Broadcasting's multicast broadcast network, has corralled a collection of the best from the Wild West and will air "Wild West Week" from Monday, March 11 through Saturday, March 16. Antenna TV, which airs on 71 affiliates across the U.S. reaching 61% of TV households, will feature the following classic western movies: The Desperadoes (1943) Starring Randolph Scott, Claire Trevor and Glenn Ford; The Man from Colorado (1948) Starring William Holden, Glenn Ford and Ellen Drew; Arizona (1940) Starring Jean Arthur, William Holden and Warren William; Cowboy (1958) Starring Jack Lemmon, Glenn Ford and Anna Kashfi; Two Rode Together (1961) Starring James Stewart, Richard Widmark and Shirley Jones; Fools' Paradise (1971) Starring James Stewart, George Kennedy and Anne Baxter; The Violent Men (1955) Starring Glenn Ford, Barbara Stanwyck and Edward G. Robinson; Coroner Creek (1948) Starring Randolph Scott, Marguerite Chapman & George Macready; A Man Called Sledge (1970) Starring James Garner, Dennis Weaver and Claude Akins; and The Professionals (1966) Starring Burt Lancaster, Lee Marvin and Jack Palance.
Antenna TV's "Wild West Week" will air in the late night/early morning Monday-Friday (March 11-15)from 3am-9am ET and also during the Saturday night movie block on March 16 airing 7:30pm-4am ET. So not to worry, your favorite Antenna TV sitcoms will not be preempted! Stay tuned in the coming weeks when we announce the new Antenna TV spring line-up!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, October 28
Bunk'd - "Treehouse of Terror" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Zuri, Jorge and Tiffany enlist the support of an unexpected camper to help restore an abandoned treehouse, so they can use it as a new hangout; Emma and Lou and Ravi and Xander get competitive during a friendly game of billiards.
Tyler Perry's For Better or Worse - "Do What You Gotta Do" (OWN, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Joseph experiences an episode of sexual frustration due to Leslie's vow of chastity.
Friday, October 28
- John Lithgow (3rd Rock from the Sun/Twenty Good Years) - Watch John on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Drew Carey (The Drew Carey Show/The Good Life) - Drew visits on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also talks about The Price is Right on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Kevin Hart (The Big House/Undeclared) - Kevin appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Terry Crews (Brooklyn Nine-Nine?/Are We There Yet?/Everybody Hates Chris) - Terry is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ricky Gervais (The Office) - Ricky stops by LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Colin Hanks (Life in Pieces) - Colin joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Melissa Joan Hart (Melissa & Joey/Sabrina, the Teenage Witch/Clarissa Explains It All) - Melissa looks back at her earliest memories on Clarissa Explains It All – and says she was really bossy on People Now at 8:30am.
- Damon Wayans (My Wife and Kids) - Damon is a guest on The Real, so check your local listings.