Tuesday, March 05, 2013
Fox Picks Up New Girl, Raising Hope, Mindy Project For 2013-14; Antenna TV Goes Wild for Westerns, for Week of March 11
Fox has picked up three comedy series from its Tuesday comedy block for next season! You'll see New Girl, The Mindy Project and Raising Hope all return for the 2013-14 season. It was already a good sign they would return, since repeats are scheduled to air all summer on Monday nights. New Girl, starring Zooey Deschanel, was picked up for a third season, The Mindy Project with Mindy Kaling received a second season order and Raising Hope starring Martha Plimpton was renewed for a fourth season. The latter two series haven't really set the ratings roof on fire, but were good enough for Fox to bring back to try and build their Tuesday comedy block even more. The only casualty is Ben & Kate. Fox has also ordered a second season of the year's most thrilling new series The Following, which airs Mondays at 9. The Kevin Bacon series just has aired six episodes from its fifteen episode order so far but has done very well. The Following and Mindy Project join The CW's Arrow as rookies to get an early second season renewal. Last week The CW picked-up veterans The Vampire Diaries and Supernatural for 2013-14, joining CBS' How I Met Your Mother and Fox's Bones, as series officially picked-up for 2013-14.
Antenna TV, Tribune Broadcasting's multicast broadcast network, has corralled a collection of the best from the Wild West and will air "Wild West Week" from Monday, March 11 through Saturday, March 16. Antenna TV, which airs on 71 affiliates across the U.S. reaching 61% of TV households, will feature the following classic western movies: The Desperadoes (1943) Starring Randolph Scott, Claire Trevor and Glenn Ford; The Man from Colorado (1948) Starring William Holden, Glenn Ford and Ellen Drew; Arizona (1940) Starring Jean Arthur, William Holden and Warren William; Cowboy (1958) Starring Jack Lemmon, Glenn Ford and Anna Kashfi; Two Rode Together (1961) Starring James Stewart, Richard Widmark and Shirley Jones; Fools' Paradise (1971) Starring James Stewart, George Kennedy and Anne Baxter; The Violent Men (1955) Starring Glenn Ford, Barbara Stanwyck and Edward G. Robinson; Coroner Creek (1948) Starring Randolph Scott, Marguerite Chapman & George Macready; A Man Called Sledge (1970) Starring James Garner, Dennis Weaver and Claude Akins; and The Professionals (1966) Starring Burt Lancaster, Lee Marvin and Jack Palance.
Antenna TV's "Wild West Week" will air in the late night/early morning Monday-Friday (March 11-15)from 3am-9am ET and also during the Saturday night movie block on March 16 airing 7:30pm-4am ET. So not to worry, your favorite Antenna TV sitcoms will not be preempted! Stay tuned in the coming weeks when we announce the new Antenna TV spring line-up!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (March/April)
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
04/04 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season
04/11 - Father Knows Best - Season Five
04/11 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Third Season
04/11 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/11 - Veep - The Complete Fifth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, April 23
The Simpsons - "The Cad and the Hat" (Fox, 7:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Bart betrays Lisa, he has to deal with his guilt – literally. Meanwhile, Springfield is in awe when Homer is revealed to be a chess savant.
Bob's Burgers - "Zero Lap Thirty" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT)
When Linda wins a contest to spend a dream weekend at the home where her favorite television show is filmed, things don’t go quite as planned. Back at home, Teddy’s back problems leave him stuck on the floor.
Bob's Burgers - "The Laser-inth" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Gene accompanies Bob on the last-ever rock-and-roll laser show at the planetarium, but the night takes an unexpected turn. Meanwhile, Linda takes the girls out for dinner and Louise has a surprise revelation.
Making History - "The Godfriender" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Dan, Deb and Chris find themselves stuck in 1920s Chicago, with Al Capone (guest star Tim Robinson) holding their time travel bag hostage. Chris opts for a play-it-safe plan, using history to take out Capone, while Dan and Deb befriend him instead. As they teach him how to be a better mobster – and husband – they quickly realize that proving their loyalty may not be as easy as they thought.
Family Guy - "Hot Shots" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
In order to “save” Stewie from autism, Peter and Lois decide not to vaccinate him and then proceed to convince the rest of Quahog to follow suit. Stewie runs away to save himself from diseases until Sean Penn (guest-voicing as himself) swoops in to save the day and brings vaccines to the whole town.
The Last Man on Earth - "Name 20 Picnics...Now!" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
The gang throws a huge celebration canvassing every major holiday, but Tandy and Todd’s bro-mance hits a rough patch that threatens to end the fun.
Monday, April 24
- Kathryn Hahn (Happyish/Transparent/Free Agents) - Watch Kathryn on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. She also talks about the new series I Love Dick on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Allison appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. She also chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jim Gaffigan (The Jim Gaffigan Show/My Boys/Welcome to New York) - Jim visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Andrea Martin (Great News/Difficult People/Working the Engels) - Andrea stops by Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Briga Heelan (Great News/Ground Floor) - Briga is a guest on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Matt Walsh (Veep), Mary Holland (Blunt Talk) and Timothy Simons (Veep) - Matt, Mary and Timothy are guests on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Kumail Nanjiani (Silicon Valley) - Kumail drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- John Leguizamo (The Brothers Garcia) - John guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Cobie Smulders (How I Met Your Mother) - Cobie talks about making her Broadway debut in Present Laughter on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Katie Gill (Baby Daddy) - Katie is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) - Lisa joins Clinton Kelly in the kitchen to make a delicious dessert with an ingredient she’s never had before—Rhubarb on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Alfonso Ribeiro (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air/In the House/Silver Spoons) - Alfonso will be on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Kate Walsh (Bad Judge/The Drew Carey Show) - Kate talks about 13 Reasons Why on the AOL Build Show at 11am.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Ron is a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.