Wednesday, December 12, 2012
TV One's 2012 Christmas Episodes Sitcom Marathon; FEARnet's Comedy Series Holliston Books Christmas Special
It is 12/12/12, and usually in December when we think of 12 we think of 12 days of Christmas. We're not quite at 12 days yet, but we're close! TV One is getting into the holiday spirit with laughs again! They will celebrate the holidays with two Christmas marathons featuring holiday episodes of sitcoms! First up on Saturday, Dec. 22, wake up early to watch a full day of sitcom Christmas episodes beginning at 6am through 8pm. Airing will be The Jeffersons from 6-8am, followed by more Sherman Hemsley, but this time in Amen from 8am-10:30am. Then we get even more The Jeffersons from 10:30am-1pm, followed by Eve from 1-2pm, and A Different World from 2pm-4:30pm. Then it's Living Single from 4:30pm-6pm and Martin from 6-8pm to close the marathon out. And if you missed any of the marathon, they will encore some of it in the late night from 12-6am with Martin from 12-2am, Living Single from 2am-3:30am and A Different World from 3:30am-6am.
But wait, that's not all! You'll have another chance on Christmas Day itself - Tuesday, December 25 - from 6am-8pm to watch these holiday episodes on Christmas! What a present! A Different World will air first this time from 6-8am, then it's Amen from 8am-10:30am, and The Jeffersons from 10:30am-1pm. In the afternoon, it's Eve from 1-2pm, then A Different World from 2pm-4pm, Living Single from 4pm-5:30pm and Martin from 5:30-8pm. Missing from this list is Good Times, which was quietly removed from TV One recently along with Half & Half. Stay with us for continued updates!
FEARnet's first original television series, Holliston, created by and starring modern genre master Adam Green (Frozen, Hatchet), returns with a brand new one-hour Christmas special and a season 1 marathon on Tuesday, December 18 to whet viewers' appetites for the premiere of season 2 in June 2013. Catch up on all the Holliston hijinks with the complete season 1 Holliston marathon at 3:30pm ET/12:30pm PT. Tune in as aspiring horror filmmakers Adam and Joe (Joe Lynch) - along with Joe's girlfriend, Laura (Laura Ortiz) and Adam's childhood sweetheart, Corri (Corri English) - deal with life, love, and Lance Rockett (Dee Snider), while having run-ins with genre legends Kane Hodder, Tony Todd and John Landis, and receiving sincere-yet-terrible advice from GWAR's Oderus Urungus, who lives in Adam's closet.
Directly following the marathon at 8pm ET/5pm PT on Tuesdy, Dec. 18, the most wonderful time of the year quickly turns into "Silent Night, Deadly Night," when a blizzard strikes the town of Holliston, trapping Adam, Joe, Corri and Laura inside with no power in the Holliston Christmas Special. To make matters worse, a crazed serial killer has just escaped and is said to be lurking somewhere in the area. Fearing for their lives and having nothing but flashbacks to entertain them, the gang reminisces about the moments in their past that brought them all together. Derek Mears (Friday the 13th) guest stars.
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, July 24
The Big Bang Theory - "The Discovery Dissipation" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Leonard and Amy help Sheldon cope with the shame he’s feeling after his accidental contribution to science is disproved. Meanwhile, Raj must stay with Howard and Bernadette for a week.
The Millers - "Driving Miss Crazy" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Nathan gets frustrated after he’s forced to drive Carol around town for errands once again, he demands that she either learn how to drive or find another chauffeur. But when Debbie volunteers Adam to drive Carol, everyone’s surprised when they form an unexpected bond.
Welcome to Sweden - "Proving Love/Lagenhet" (NBC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Bruce (Greg Poehler) and Emma (Josephine Bornebusch) move into an apartment in Stockholm and Bruce tries his best to introduce himself to the neighbors. Meanwhile, the couple is forced to prove their relationship at the immigration office, but the interviews don’t go quite as planned. Elsewhere, Emma suspects one of Bruce’s former clients, Aubrey Plaza (guest starring as herself), may be stalking him, while another, Amy Poehler (guest starring as herself), is in desperate need of his professional assistance.
Working the Engels - "Jenna's Friend" (NBC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Jimmy (Benjamin Arthur) gives their grandmother’s ring to a stripper, Jenna (Kacey Rohl) is forced to intervene to get it back – and makes an unlikely friend in the process. Meanwhile, Sandy (Azura Skye) wins free mother/daughter hip-hop classes and brings Ceil (Andrea Martin) along, but they quickly realize the class isn't meant for them. Ceil is ready to get out of there, until a former friend makes fun of Sandy, and then Ceil is determined not only that they stay, but that they win the dance competition. Rachel Wilson, Rebecca Dalton and Shawn Byfield guest star.
Married - "The Shower" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
A.J. and Jess hijack Russ and Lina's night out.
You're the Worst - "Insouciance" (FX, 10:30PM ET/PT)
Jimmy attempts to take Gretchen on a date.
Love That Girl - "The Hot Seat" (TV One, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Imunique agrees to throw a bachelorette party for DeMiracle's fiance.
Thursday, July 24
- David Duchovny (Californication) - Catch David on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Mary Lynn Rajskub (How to Be a Gentleman) - Mary Lynn stops by Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Mo'Nique (The Parkers) - Mo'Nique appears on a repeat of The Arsenio Hall Show, so check your local listings.
- Wanda Sykes (The New Adventures of Old Christine/Wanda at Large) - Wanda is a guest on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Kristin Chenoweth (Kristin) - Tune in to see Kristin on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Judy Greer (Married/Mad Love/Miss Guided) and Nat Faxon (Married/Ben and Kate) - Judy and Nat talk about their new FX series Married on NBC's Today in the 9am hour. They will also be on HuffPost Live.
- Adrienne Barbeau (Maude) - Adrienne discusses her role in the Hallmark Movie Channel original movie The Memory Book on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Greg Poehler (Welcome to Sweden) - Greg is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Leah Remini (The King of Queens/Family Tools) - Leah appears on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 3am on BET.
- Craig Ferguson (The Drew Carey Show) - Craig will be on Larry King Now at 2/5pm PT/ET on Ora.tv and Hulu.
- Jennie Garth and Tori Spelling (Mystery Girls) - Jennie and Tori are guests on Fox & Friends on Fox News Channel at 7:45am. Jennie will also be on HuffPost Live.