Wednesday, December 12, 2012
TV One's 2012 Christmas Episodes Sitcom Marathon; FEARnet's Comedy Series Holliston Books Christmas Special
It is 12/12/12, and usually in December when we think of 12 we think of 12 days of Christmas. We're not quite at 12 days yet, but we're close! TV One is getting into the holiday spirit with laughs again! They will celebrate the holidays with two Christmas marathons featuring holiday episodes of sitcoms! First up on Saturday, Dec. 22, wake up early to watch a full day of sitcom Christmas episodes beginning at 6am through 8pm. Airing will be The Jeffersons from 6-8am, followed by more Sherman Hemsley, but this time in Amen from 8am-10:30am. Then we get even more The Jeffersons from 10:30am-1pm, followed by Eve from 1-2pm, and A Different World from 2pm-4:30pm. Then it's Living Single from 4:30pm-6pm and Martin from 6-8pm to close the marathon out. And if you missed any of the marathon, they will encore some of it in the late night from 12-6am with Martin from 12-2am, Living Single from 2am-3:30am and A Different World from 3:30am-6am.
But wait, that's not all! You'll have another chance on Christmas Day itself - Tuesday, December 25 - from 6am-8pm to watch these holiday episodes on Christmas! What a present! A Different World will air first this time from 6-8am, then it's Amen from 8am-10:30am, and The Jeffersons from 10:30am-1pm. In the afternoon, it's Eve from 1-2pm, then A Different World from 2pm-4pm, Living Single from 4pm-5:30pm and Martin from 5:30-8pm. Missing from this list is Good Times, which was quietly removed from TV One recently along with Half & Half. Stay with us for continued updates!
FEARnet's first original television series, Holliston, created by and starring modern genre master Adam Green (Frozen, Hatchet), returns with a brand new one-hour Christmas special and a season 1 marathon on Tuesday, December 18 to whet viewers' appetites for the premiere of season 2 in June 2013. Catch up on all the Holliston hijinks with the complete season 1 Holliston marathon at 3:30pm ET/12:30pm PT. Tune in as aspiring horror filmmakers Adam and Joe (Joe Lynch) - along with Joe's girlfriend, Laura (Laura Ortiz) and Adam's childhood sweetheart, Corri (Corri English) - deal with life, love, and Lance Rockett (Dee Snider), while having run-ins with genre legends Kane Hodder, Tony Todd and John Landis, and receiving sincere-yet-terrible advice from GWAR's Oderus Urungus, who lives in Adam's closet.
Directly following the marathon at 8pm ET/5pm PT on Tuesdy, Dec. 18, the most wonderful time of the year quickly turns into "Silent Night, Deadly Night," when a blizzard strikes the town of Holliston, trapping Adam, Joe, Corri and Laura inside with no power in the Holliston Christmas Special. To make matters worse, a crazed serial killer has just escaped and is said to be lurking somewhere in the area. Fearing for their lives and having nothing but flashbacks to entertain them, the gang reminisces about the moments in their past that brought them all together. Derek Mears (Friday the 13th) guest stars.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (November)
11/03 - Californication - The Complete Series
11/03 - Getting On - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
11/03 - Hank (1965-66) - The Complete Series
11/03 - I Love Lucy - The Complete Series
11/03 - Men at Work - The Complete Second Season
11/03 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
11/03 - 'Til Death - The Complete Third Season
11/10 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - The Complete Remastered Series (DVD)
11/10 - Maude - The Complete Third Season
11/10 - WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete Final (Fourth) Season
11/17 - The Comedians - The Complete Series
11/17 - Cristela - The Complete First Season
11/17 - McHale's Navy - The Complete Series
11/17 - Sgt. Bilko (The Phil Silvers Show) - The Fourth Season
11/17 - Weird Loners - The Complete Series
11/24 - George Lopez - The Complete Sixth Seaon
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, November 29
The Simpsons - "Puffless" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Upon learning that their father really died of lung cancer, Selma and Patty agree to quit smoking. When Selma relapses, an angry Patty moves in with Marge and Homer.
Family Guy - "Fighting Irish" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Peter claims he would beat Liam Neeson (guest-voicing as himself) in a fight, but when he is put to the test, he learns that winning is tougher than it seems. Meanwhile, Stewie becomes jealous when Lois decides to be a class mom and starts paying more attention to the other kids over him.
The Last Man on Earth - "Is There Anybody Out There?" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Phil and Carol leave Tucson behind and strike out on their own in a road trip across the United States.
Monday, November 30
- Aziz Ansari (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Aziz The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Richard Kind (Spin City/Mad About You) - Richard is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Alan Tudyk (Suburgatory) - Alan appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Brent Morin and Rick Glassman (Undateable) - Brent and Rick are guests on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- David Spade (Rules of Engagement/8 Simple Rules/Just Shoot Me!) - David stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Michael Chiklis (Daddio) - Michael visits LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Kim Fields (The Facts of Life/Living Single) - Kim dishes on the new season of The Real Housewives of Atlanta and talks about why she decided to join the show on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Scott Foley (The Goodwin Games/A.U.S.A./Scrubs) - Scott drops by The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Loretta Devine (The Carmichael Show) - Loretta is a guest on The Real, so check your local listings.
- America Ferrera (Superstore) - America talks about her new series Superstore on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Bob Saget (Fuller House/How I Met Your Mother/Full House) - Bob is a guest on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Cheryl Hines (Curb Your Enthusiasm/Suburgatory) - Cheryl talks about her movie Christmas Eve on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.