Friday, December 14, 2012
TV Land Picks Up New Seasons of The Soul Man, The Exes for June 2013; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of December 17, 2012)
TV Land has officially ordered a second season of The Soul Man starring Cedric "The Entertainer" and Niecy Nash and picked up a third season of The Exes starring Donald Faison. The Soul Man, which debuted in June of this year, was the network's second highest rated original series premiere following only the series launch of Hot in Cleveland in June 2010. The Soul Man posted a 3.6 rating among African American Adults 25-54 and averaged 1.4 million total viewers per week in Live+7 data. The Exes, which averaged 1.2 million total viewers per week in Live+7, stars critically-acclaimed actors Donald Faison (Scrubs), Wayne Knight (Seinfeld, Hot in Cleveland), David Alan Basche (The Starter Wife), Kelly Stables (Two and a Half Men) and Kristen Johnston (3rd Rock From The Sun). Yvette Lee Bowser (Living Single) is joining The Soul Man this season as showrunner and executive producer.
We can report that both series will return on-air on TV Land in June 2013 with 10 episodes each. No word on what night and time they will air, but they will not be airing Wednesdays at 10 since TV Land will launch the second half of the fourth season of Hot in Cleveland on June 19 at 10pm. TV Land has not officially picked-up a third season of Happily Divorced, but more than likely they will air and will pair it with Hot in June. Both of those shows are currently airing in the hour through February 13.
These two pick-ups will likely put the end to TV Land sitcom Retired at 35 after two seasons on the air. TV Land also has some pilots they can pick-up to series such as Giant Baby starring Kirstie Alley (which tapes its pilot tonight), Brother-in-Law with Jay Mohr, and I'm Not Dead Yet with Ben Falcone. Will TV Land expand the Wednesday original sitcoms in June to a two-hour block or add a second night of original comedy? Stay with us!
It's Friday, so it is time for "Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows" for the coming week. This is where we list what sitcom stars are appearing on talk shows for the coming week, the stars are both current and past sitcom stars, so this is for all sitcom fans of all eras!
For the week of December 17-21, 2012, we have many current sitcom stars and past sitcom stars on TV talk shows! All times listed are Eastern. So get your DVR's (or whatever you use) ready! Ready? Here is all what you need to know for the coming week!
Monday, December 17, 2012
- Jenna Fischer (The Office) - Watch Jenna on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 12am on ABC.
- Megan Fox (Hope & Faith) - Megan stops by The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Sarah Chalke (How to Live with Your Parents (for the Rest of Your Life)/Scrubs/Roseanne) - Sarah appears on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Adam Pally (Happy Endings) - Adam visits Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Charles Shaughnessy (The Nanny) - Charles is a guest on Marie at 12pm on Hallmark Channel.
- John Travolta (Welcome Back, Kotter) - John drops by ABC's Good Morning America between 7-9am.
- Soleil Moon Frye (Punky Brewster/Sabrina, the Teenage Witch) - Soleil joins the Chew Crew on The Chew on ABC at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Suzanne Somers (Three's Company/Step by Step/She's the Sheriff) - Suzanne talks about her return to TV in the new Lifetime show The Suzanne Show on Marie at 12pm on Hallmark Channel.
- John Witherspoon (The First Family/The Tracy Morgan Show/The Wayans Bros.) - Watch John on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Jamie Foxx (The Jamie Foxx Show) - Jamie visits The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Carl Reiner (The Dick Van Dyke Show) - Carl is a guest on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Brad Garrett (Til' Death/Everybody Loves Raymond) - Brad chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Marlo Thomas (That Girl) - Marlo chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- John Travolta (Welcome Back, Kotter) - John is a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Megan Fox (Hope & Faith) - Megan continues to make the rounds on LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Joey Lawrence (Melissa & Joey/Brotherly Love/Gimme a Break!) - Joey bakes gingerbread men cookies on a repeat of Marie at 12pm on Hallmark Channel.
- Bette Midler (Bette) - Bette chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jamie Foxx (The Jamie Foxx Show) - Jamie continues to make the rounds on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings.
- Teri Polo (Man Up!/I'm with Her) - Teri shows Marie how to make her favorite holiday decorations on a repeat of Marie at 12pm on Hallmark Channel.
- Marlo Thomas (That Girl) - Marlo is a guest on The Dr. Oz Show, so check your local listings.
- Jay Thomas (Love & War/Cheers) - Watch Jay on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Jamie Foxx (The Jamie Foxx Show) - Jamie wraps up his appearances this week on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Bianca Kajlich (Rules of Engagement) - Bianca appears on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Kirstie Alley (Cheers/Veronica's Closet) - Kirstie visits The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings.
- Holly Robinson Peete (Hangin' with Mr. Cooper/For Your Love) - Holly is a guest on The Wendy Williams Show at 1am on BET or on your local stations.
The Goldbergs - "Lame Gretzky" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Even though he is terrible, Adam tries his best at ice hockey and hopes to impress Murray. Likewise, Murray works hard to show he enjoys watching Adam make home movies. Later, after starting a fight on the ice during a game, Adam gets suspended from playing hockey and admits to Murray his real intentions. Meanwhile, Beverly drives Erica crazy about her S.A.T.s.
Trophy Wife - "The Wedding - Part One" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Kate finds Pete’s old wedding videos with Diane and Jackie, she realizes she robbed herself of that special memory by eloping and is now determined to have a redo and plans her dream wedding. Meanwhile, Diane decides to take her relationship with Russ Bradley Morrison public and Jackie struggles to tell Bert she’s dating Sad Steve. A star-studded episode with Megan Mullally (“Will & Grace”), Dennis Haysbert (“24”), and Nat Faxon (“Ben and Kate”) guest starring.
New Girl - "Fired Up" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Jess hires, then must immediately fire Coach as her school's new volleyball coach. Meanwhile, Schmidt gets sued and enlists Nick and a procedural television-loving Winston to represent him at the deposition. Also, Cece catches the eye of a much younger man.
Brooklyn Nine-Nine - "Nancy Brugdom" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Charles asks Jake to be the best man at his wedding, a role that requires Jake to be supportive in important wedding decisions, ranging from cake tasting to floral arrangements. Meanwhile, Terry, Amy and Gina support each other as they start a new extreme diet and Holt helps Rosa make a sincere apology.
About a Boy - "About a Grandfather" (NBC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Will (David Walton) attempts a much-needed boy’s night out with Andy (Al Madrigal), but complications arise, leaving Will to reach out to Marcus (Benjamin Stockham) in hopes of salvaging the evening. When Andy later becomes available, he attempts to track down Will, but instead winds up bonding over the joys of parenting with Fiona (Minnie Driver). Meanwhile, Andy and his reluctant wife Laurie (guest star Annie Mumolo) solicit Will to be godfather to their son Jonah.
Growing Up Fisher - "The Date From Hell-nado" (NBC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Father and son, Mel (J.K. Simmons) and Henry (Eli Baker), push each other to ask out women in their building, only to discover the women they’re pursuing are mother and daughter (guest stars Constance Zimmer and Isabela Moner). Meanwhile, Joyce (Jenna Elfman), lost at sea on her first date since the separation, panics and crashes Katie’s (Ava Deluca-Verley) date at a carnival, resulting in an impromptu mother-daughter double date.
Cougar Town - "Too Good to Be True" (TBS, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Travis starts an open mic night at Coffee Bucks, but things go awry when Andy tries to do stand-up comedy. Tom's daughter, Haylee (guest star Julianna Guill), comes to visit, and Grayson and Jules decide to play along when they discover that Tom's been lying to Haylee in order to make himself sound cool.
The Game - "Rules of the Street" (BET, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Malik undergoes therapy for his injured arm; Tasha faces a difficult decision as she approaches her first trimester.
Let's Stay Together - "Date My Wife, Please" (BET, 10:30PM ET/PT)
Charles encourages Stacy to go out with Dr. Sutton; Jamal and Tasha try to get the twins into a prestigious pre-school.
Tuesday, March 11
- Jason Bateman (Arrested Development/The Hogan Family/It's Your Move) - Catch Jason on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Kathy Griffin (Suddenly Susan) - Kathy is a guest on The Arsenio Hall Show, so check your local listings.
- Lance Gross (Tyler Perry's House of Payne) - Lance appears on The Arsenio Hall Show, so check your local listings.
- Kristen Schaal (Bob's Burgers/Flight of the Conchords) - Kristen visits The Pete Holmes Show at midnight on TBS.
- Marcia Gay Harden (Trophy Wife) - Marcia joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Debra Messing (Will & Grace) - Debra chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Kevin Nealon (Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Weeds) - Kevin stops by The Queen Latifah Show, so check your local listings.
- Jennie Garth (What I Like About You) - Jennie discusses her new book, Deep Thoughts from a Hollywood Blonde, on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Mayim Bialik (The Big Bang Theory/Blossom) - Mayim is a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.