Thursday, December 27, 2012
Marathons of The Neighbors, Nashville on Disney, CMT; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of December 31, 2012)
While we wait for the second half of the TV season to begin, we have some promotional marathons of new freshman series to further expand their audiences. ABC's Wednesday night family comedy The Neighbors will have a special four episode marathon tomorrow (Friday, December 28) from 8-10pm on sister cable network Disney Channel. The family network will air episodes two ("Journey to the Center of the Mall"), four ("Bathroom Etiquette"), six ("Larry Bird and the Iron Throne") and eight ("Thanksgiving Is for the Bird-Kersees"). Airing on Disney Channel will likely attract a lot of younger viewers (kids 2-11 and their parents) to this series that has found its groove and has surprised everyone in quality. The comedy stars Jamie Gertz and is about a family moving to the suburbs but their neighbors are pretty "unique." The Weavers are thrilled when they score a house in an exclusive gated New Jersey community, but as soon as they move in, they realize there is something strange about their new neighborhood. Curious about their neighbors' strange names and eating habits, they soon learn that the entire development is inhabited by aliens. The Weavers are the first humans the Zabvronians have had the opportunity to know in their 10 years on Earth, but soon both sides learn that while they have their differences, they are also more alike than anyone would have imagined.
The Neighbors returns with all-new episodes on ABC starting Wednesday, January 9 at 8:30/7:30c.
Also getting a sampling on a cable network is ABC's freshman drama Nashville, starring Golden Globe-nominees Connie Britton and Hayden Panettiere. Cable network CMT will air a six episode marathon of the critically acclaimed series on Sunday, January 6, 2013 from 2pm-8pm. That's six of the eight episodes that have aired thus far. Episodes airing are the "Pilot," episode three ("Someday You'll Call My Name"), episode four ("We Live In Two Different Worlds"), episode six ("You're Gonna Change (Or I'm Gonna Leave)"), episode seven ("Lovesick Blues"), and episode eight ("Where He Leads Me"). ABC will also give some sampling to the series with a three-night event from Jan. 1-3, with an encore of episode four on Tuesday, Jan. 3 at 10pm, an all-new clip show titled "The Whole Story" on its regular night and time on Wednesday, Jan. 2 at 10, and a special airing of the "Pilot" on Thursday, Jan. 3 at 8pm. The series is about chart-topping Rayna James (Connie Britton), who is a country legend who's had a career any singer would envy, though lately her popularity is starting to wane. Fans still line up to get her autograph, but she's not packing the arenas like she used to. Rayna's record label thinks a concert tour, opening for up-and-comer Juliette Barnes (Hayden Panettiere), the young and sexy future of country music, is just what Rayna needs. But scheming Juliette can't wait to steal Rayna's spotlight. Sharing a stage with that disrespectful, untalented, little vixen is the last thing Rayna wants to do, which sets up a power struggle for popularity. Could the undiscovered songwriting talent of Scarlett O'Connor (Clare Bowen) be the key to helping Rayna resurrect her career?
Nashville returns with all-new episodes on ABC starting Wednesday, January 9 at 10/9c.
For one week only we are moving our Friday edition of "Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows" for the coming week to Thursday (as tomorrow we will bring you our annual tribute to the sitcom stars we have lost in 2012). Since it is early, please keep checking back for the latest updates to the list. This is where we list what sitcom stars are appearing on talk shows for the coming week, the stars are both current and past sitcom stars, so this is for all sitcom fans of all eras!
For the week of December 31, 2012-January 4, 2013, we have many current sitcom stars and past sitcom stars on TV talk shows! All times listed are Eastern. So get your DVR's (or whatever you use) ready! Ready? Here is all what you need to know for the coming week!
Monday, December 31, 2012
- Mila Kunis (That '70s Show) - Watch Mila on a repeat of The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS. She also appears on a repeat on Thursday. These shows were taped in Scotland.
- Rashida Jones (Parks and Recreation/The Office) - Rashida appears on repeats Monday and Tuesday of The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Amy Poehler (Parks and Recreation) - Tune in to see Amy on a repeat of Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
- James Van Der Beek (Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23) - James is a guest on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Ed Asner (The Mary Tyler Moore Show) - Ed chats with the ladies of The View on a repeat on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Alyson Hannigan (How I Met Your Mother/Free Spirit) - Alyson appears on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings.
- Zachary Knighton (Happy Endings/Life on a Stick) - Catch Zachary on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 12am on ABC.
- Jenny McCarthy (Two and a Half Men/Jenny) - Jenny appears on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Betty White (Hot in Cleveland/The Golden Girls/The Mary Tyler Moore Show) - Watch the legendary Ms. White on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Kathy Griffin (Suddenly Susan) - Kathy appears on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Kirstie Alley (Cheers/Veronica's Closet) - Tune in to see Kirstie on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 12am on ABC.
- Aziz Ansari (Parks and Recreation) - Aziz is a guest on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Chuck Lorre (Creator of The Big Bang Theory/Two and a Half Men/Dharma & Greg) - Chuck appears on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Geena Davis (The Geena Davis Show/Buffalo Bill) - Geena chats with the ladies of The View on a repeat on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Whitney Cummings (Whitney) - Whitney visits LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Jim O'Heir (Parks and Recreation) - Jim is a guest on a repeat of Marie at 12pm on Hallmark Channel.
- Margaret Cho (All-American Girl) - Margaret stops by The Jeff Probst Show, so check your local listings.
- Anne Heche (Save Me/Hung) - Anne discusses sun protection on The Doctors, so check your local listings.
- Tracy Morgan (30 Rock/The Tracy Morgan Show) - Catch Tracy on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- John Krasinski (The Office) - John appears on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 12am on ABC.
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - Nene visits Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
- Sarah Silverman (The Sarah Silverman Program) - Tune in to see Sarah on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Brian Austin Green (Wedding Band, Freddie) - Brian is a guest on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Victoria Justice (Victorious/Zoey 101) - Victoria appears on a repeat of LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Margaret Cho (All-American Girl) - Margaret talks about her comedy tour on Marie at 12pm on Hallmark Channel.
- Melissa Joan Hart (Melissa & Joey/Sabrina, the Teenage Witch/Clarissa Explains It All) - Melissa guest co-hosts Anderson Live, so check your local listings.
- Courteney Cox (Cougar Town/Friends) - Watch Courteney on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Bill Cosby (The Cosby Show/Cosby/The Bill Cosby Show) - The legendary Mr. Cosby visits Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
- Tempestt Bledsoe (Guys with Kids/The Cosby Show) - Tempestt drops by Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
- Sarah Hyland (Modern Family) - Watch Sarah on The Ellen DeGeneres Show in syndication. Check local listings for time and station.
- Kim Coles (Living Single) - Watch Kim guest co-host on The Talk on CBS Daytime at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Tyler Perry (House of Payne) - Catch Tyler on a repeat of The View on ABC Daytime at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Nadine Velazquez (My Name Is Earl/The League) - Nadine appears on a repeat of Marie at 12pm on Hallmark Channel.
- Holly Robinson Peete (Hangin' with Mr. Cooper/For Your Love) - Holly is a guest on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, August 28
Two and a Half Men - "Tazed in the Lady Nuts" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Walden joins his beautiful former employee on a brilliant new project. Meanwhile, Alan advises Jenny to open up to her girlfriend or risk losing her. Odette Annable guest stars as Walden’s former employee, Nicole and Aly Michalka returns as Jenny’s girlfriend, Brooke.
The Millers - "Cancellation Fee" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Nathan tries to date his mother’s dentist in secret after Carol adds her to the Miller Family Blacklist for charging her a $75 cancellation fee for being late to her appointment. Meanwhile, Carol goes to great lengths to get her money back, and Tom can’t figure out why he keeps waking up with gum stuck in his hair.
Welcome to Sweden - "Separate Lives/Saknad" (NBC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Bruce (Greg Poehler) returns to the United States to help out his former client, Amy Poehler (guest starring as herself), who is in desperate need of his aid in resolving her financial issues. Back in Sweden, Emma (Josephine Bornebusch) remains unsure of where her relationship with Bruce stands, and has difficulties dealing with her ex-boyfriend Marcus (guest star Gustav Roth) who has resurfaced after being away. Meanwhile, Viveka (Lena Olin) yearns to recapture her youth and spends a girls night out on the town with Emma, but things don’t go quite as planned.
Welcome to Sweden - "Home/Återförening" (NBC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
After a night out, Bruce (Greg Poehler) finds himself in a compromising position with Aubrey Plaza (guest starring as herself). Emma (Josephine Bornebusch) and Gustav (Christopher Wagelin) do their best to reunite their parents Viveka (Lena Olin) and Birger (Claes Månsson). Meanwhile, Bruce runs into obstacles, including Amy (guest star Amy Poehler), who has her own agenda, in his quest to return to Sweden.
Married - "Waffles and Pizza" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
AJ and Lina encourage Russ to consider a shady real estate deal. Jess's boss puts her in an uncompromising position.
You're the Worst - "Equally Dead Inside" (FX, 10:30PM ET/PT)
Jimmy opens up emotionally, which completely freaks Gretchen out.
Love That Girl - "The Kid Is Not My Son" (TV One, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Jasmine lands a broadcasting gig in Alaska so Delroy is forced to hire a temp. The temp, however, accuses Delroy of sexual harassment and it's up to Imunique to clear his name. And back in Alaska, Jasmine slowly finds out that she's been catfished by the Naked Bunny Channel.
Thursday, August 28
- David Duchovny (Californication) - Catch David on a repeat of The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Drew Carey (The Drew Carey Show/The Good Life) - Drew is a guest on a repeat of @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Jason Segel (How I Met Your Mother) - Jason appears on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Bill Cosby (The Cosby Show/Cosby/The Bill Cosby Show) - Bill chats on a repeat of The Arsenio Hall Show, so check your local listings.
- Jason Biggs (Mad Love/Drexell's Class) - Jason guest co-hosts a repeat of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jamie Foxx (The Jamie Foxx Show) - Jamie is a guest on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Julie Bowen (Modern Family) - Julie appears on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 3am on BET.
- Niecy Nash (The Soul Man/Getting On/Reno 911!) - Niecy discusses women's issues on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 3am on BET.
- Molly Ephraim (Last Man Standing) - Molly shares behind-the-scenes stories from Last Man Standing on a repeat of Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Timothy Simon (Veep) - Timothy is a guest on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- The Cast of The Love Boat - Gavin MacLeod, Bernie Kopell, Ted Lange, Fred Grandy, Lauren Tewes, Jill Whelan and theme song singer Jack Jones are guests on a repeat of The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.