Thursday, December 27, 2012
Marathons of The Neighbors, Nashville on Disney, CMT; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of December 31, 2012)
While we wait for the second half of the TV season to begin, we have some promotional marathons of new freshman series to further expand their audiences. ABC's Wednesday night family comedy The Neighbors will have a special four episode marathon tomorrow (Friday, December 28) from 8-10pm on sister cable network Disney Channel. The family network will air episodes two ("Journey to the Center of the Mall"), four ("Bathroom Etiquette"), six ("Larry Bird and the Iron Throne") and eight ("Thanksgiving Is for the Bird-Kersees"). Airing on Disney Channel will likely attract a lot of younger viewers (kids 2-11 and their parents) to this series that has found its groove and has surprised everyone in quality. The comedy stars Jamie Gertz and is about a family moving to the suburbs but their neighbors are pretty "unique." The Weavers are thrilled when they score a house in an exclusive gated New Jersey community, but as soon as they move in, they realize there is something strange about their new neighborhood. Curious about their neighbors' strange names and eating habits, they soon learn that the entire development is inhabited by aliens. The Weavers are the first humans the Zabvronians have had the opportunity to know in their 10 years on Earth, but soon both sides learn that while they have their differences, they are also more alike than anyone would have imagined.
The Neighbors returns with all-new episodes on ABC starting Wednesday, January 9 at 8:30/7:30c.
Also getting a sampling on a cable network is ABC's freshman drama Nashville, starring Golden Globe-nominees Connie Britton and Hayden Panettiere. Cable network CMT will air a six episode marathon of the critically acclaimed series on Sunday, January 6, 2013 from 2pm-8pm. That's six of the eight episodes that have aired thus far. Episodes airing are the "Pilot," episode three ("Someday You'll Call My Name"), episode four ("We Live In Two Different Worlds"), episode six ("You're Gonna Change (Or I'm Gonna Leave)"), episode seven ("Lovesick Blues"), and episode eight ("Where He Leads Me"). ABC will also give some sampling to the series with a three-night event from Jan. 1-3, with an encore of episode four on Tuesday, Jan. 3 at 10pm, an all-new clip show titled "The Whole Story" on its regular night and time on Wednesday, Jan. 2 at 10, and a special airing of the "Pilot" on Thursday, Jan. 3 at 8pm. The series is about chart-topping Rayna James (Connie Britton), who is a country legend who's had a career any singer would envy, though lately her popularity is starting to wane. Fans still line up to get her autograph, but she's not packing the arenas like she used to. Rayna's record label thinks a concert tour, opening for up-and-comer Juliette Barnes (Hayden Panettiere), the young and sexy future of country music, is just what Rayna needs. But scheming Juliette can't wait to steal Rayna's spotlight. Sharing a stage with that disrespectful, untalented, little vixen is the last thing Rayna wants to do, which sets up a power struggle for popularity. Could the undiscovered songwriting talent of Scarlett O'Connor (Clare Bowen) be the key to helping Rayna resurrect her career?
Nashville returns with all-new episodes on ABC starting Wednesday, January 9 at 10/9c.
For one week only we are moving our Friday edition of "Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows" for the coming week to Thursday (as tomorrow we will bring you our annual tribute to the sitcom stars we have lost in 2012). Since it is early, please keep checking back for the latest updates to the list. This is where we list what sitcom stars are appearing on talk shows for the coming week, the stars are both current and past sitcom stars, so this is for all sitcom fans of all eras!
For the week of December 31, 2012-January 4, 2013, we have many current sitcom stars and past sitcom stars on TV talk shows! All times listed are Eastern. So get your DVR's (or whatever you use) ready! Ready? Here is all what you need to know for the coming week!
Monday, December 31, 2012
- Mila Kunis (That '70s Show) - Watch Mila on a repeat of The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS. She also appears on a repeat on Thursday. These shows were taped in Scotland.
- Rashida Jones (Parks and Recreation/The Office) - Rashida appears on repeats Monday and Tuesday of The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Amy Poehler (Parks and Recreation) - Tune in to see Amy on a repeat of Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
- James Van Der Beek (Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23) - James is a guest on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Ed Asner (The Mary Tyler Moore Show) - Ed chats with the ladies of The View on a repeat on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Alyson Hannigan (How I Met Your Mother/Free Spirit) - Alyson appears on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings.
- Zachary Knighton (Happy Endings/Life on a Stick) - Catch Zachary on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 12am on ABC.
- Jenny McCarthy (Two and a Half Men/Jenny) - Jenny appears on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Betty White (Hot in Cleveland/The Golden Girls/The Mary Tyler Moore Show) - Watch the legendary Ms. White on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Kathy Griffin (Suddenly Susan) - Kathy appears on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Kirstie Alley (Cheers/Veronica's Closet) - Tune in to see Kirstie on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 12am on ABC.
- Aziz Ansari (Parks and Recreation) - Aziz is a guest on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Chuck Lorre (Creator of The Big Bang Theory/Two and a Half Men/Dharma & Greg) - Chuck appears on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Geena Davis (The Geena Davis Show/Buffalo Bill) - Geena chats with the ladies of The View on a repeat on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Whitney Cummings (Whitney) - Whitney visits LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Jim O'Heir (Parks and Recreation) - Jim is a guest on a repeat of Marie at 12pm on Hallmark Channel.
- Margaret Cho (All-American Girl) - Margaret stops by The Jeff Probst Show, so check your local listings.
- Anne Heche (Save Me/Hung) - Anne discusses sun protection on The Doctors, so check your local listings.
- Tracy Morgan (30 Rock/The Tracy Morgan Show) - Catch Tracy on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- John Krasinski (The Office) - John appears on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 12am on ABC.
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - Nene visits Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
- Sarah Silverman (The Sarah Silverman Program) - Tune in to see Sarah on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Brian Austin Green (Wedding Band, Freddie) - Brian is a guest on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Victoria Justice (Victorious/Zoey 101) - Victoria appears on a repeat of LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Margaret Cho (All-American Girl) - Margaret talks about her comedy tour on Marie at 12pm on Hallmark Channel.
- Melissa Joan Hart (Melissa & Joey/Sabrina, the Teenage Witch/Clarissa Explains It All) - Melissa guest co-hosts Anderson Live, so check your local listings.
- Courteney Cox (Cougar Town/Friends) - Watch Courteney on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Bill Cosby (The Cosby Show/Cosby/The Bill Cosby Show) - The legendary Mr. Cosby visits Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
- Tempestt Bledsoe (Guys with Kids/The Cosby Show) - Tempestt drops by Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
- Sarah Hyland (Modern Family) - Watch Sarah on The Ellen DeGeneres Show in syndication. Check local listings for time and station.
- Kim Coles (Living Single) - Watch Kim guest co-host on The Talk on CBS Daytime at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Tyler Perry (House of Payne) - Catch Tyler on a repeat of The View on ABC Daytime at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Nadine Velazquez (My Name Is Earl/The League) - Nadine appears on a repeat of Marie at 12pm on Hallmark Channel.
- Holly Robinson Peete (Hangin' with Mr. Cooper/For Your Love) - Holly is a guest on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, July 24
The Big Bang Theory - "The Discovery Dissipation" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Leonard and Amy help Sheldon cope with the shame he’s feeling after his accidental contribution to science is disproved. Meanwhile, Raj must stay with Howard and Bernadette for a week.
The Millers - "Driving Miss Crazy" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Nathan gets frustrated after he’s forced to drive Carol around town for errands once again, he demands that she either learn how to drive or find another chauffeur. But when Debbie volunteers Adam to drive Carol, everyone’s surprised when they form an unexpected bond.
Welcome to Sweden - "Proving Love/Lagenhet" (NBC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Bruce (Greg Poehler) and Emma (Josephine Bornebusch) move into an apartment in Stockholm and Bruce tries his best to introduce himself to the neighbors. Meanwhile, the couple is forced to prove their relationship at the immigration office, but the interviews don’t go quite as planned. Elsewhere, Emma suspects one of Bruce’s former clients, Aubrey Plaza (guest starring as herself), may be stalking him, while another, Amy Poehler (guest starring as herself), is in desperate need of his professional assistance.
Working the Engels - "Jenna's Friend" (NBC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Jimmy (Benjamin Arthur) gives their grandmother’s ring to a stripper, Jenna (Kacey Rohl) is forced to intervene to get it back – and makes an unlikely friend in the process. Meanwhile, Sandy (Azura Skye) wins free mother/daughter hip-hop classes and brings Ceil (Andrea Martin) along, but they quickly realize the class isn't meant for them. Ceil is ready to get out of there, until a former friend makes fun of Sandy, and then Ceil is determined not only that they stay, but that they win the dance competition. Rachel Wilson, Rebecca Dalton and Shawn Byfield guest star.
Married - "The Shower" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
A.J. and Jess hijack Russ and Lina's night out.
You're the Worst - "Insouciance" (FX, 10:30PM ET/PT)
Jimmy attempts to take Gretchen on a date.
Love That Girl - "The Hot Seat" (TV One, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Imunique agrees to throw a bachelorette party for DeMiracle's fiance.
Thursday, July 24
- David Duchovny (Californication) - Catch David on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Mary Lynn Rajskub (How to Be a Gentleman) - Mary Lynn stops by Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Mo'Nique (The Parkers) - Mo'Nique appears on a repeat of The Arsenio Hall Show, so check your local listings.
- Wanda Sykes (The New Adventures of Old Christine/Wanda at Large) - Wanda is a guest on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Kristin Chenoweth (Kristin) - Tune in to see Kristin on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Judy Greer (Married/Mad Love/Miss Guided) and Nat Faxon (Married/Ben and Kate) - Judy and Nat talk about their new FX series Married on NBC's Today in the 9am hour. They will also be on HuffPost Live.
- Adrienne Barbeau (Maude) - Adrienne discusses her role in the Hallmark Movie Channel original movie The Memory Book on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Greg Poehler (Welcome to Sweden) - Greg is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Leah Remini (The King of Queens/Family Tools) - Leah appears on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 3am on BET.
- Craig Ferguson (The Drew Carey Show) - Craig will be on Larry King Now at 2/5pm PT/ET on Ora.tv and Hulu.
- Jennie Garth and Tori Spelling (Mystery Girls) - Jennie and Tori are guests on Fox & Friends on Fox News Channel at 7:45am. Jennie will also be on HuffPost Live.