Thursday, December 27, 2012
Marathons of The Neighbors, Nashville on Disney, CMT; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of December 31, 2012)
While we wait for the second half of the TV season to begin, we have some promotional marathons of new freshman series to further expand their audiences. ABC's Wednesday night family comedy The Neighbors will have a special four episode marathon tomorrow (Friday, December 28) from 8-10pm on sister cable network Disney Channel. The family network will air episodes two ("Journey to the Center of the Mall"), four ("Bathroom Etiquette"), six ("Larry Bird and the Iron Throne") and eight ("Thanksgiving Is for the Bird-Kersees"). Airing on Disney Channel will likely attract a lot of younger viewers (kids 2-11 and their parents) to this series that has found its groove and has surprised everyone in quality. The comedy stars Jamie Gertz and is about a family moving to the suburbs but their neighbors are pretty "unique." The Weavers are thrilled when they score a house in an exclusive gated New Jersey community, but as soon as they move in, they realize there is something strange about their new neighborhood. Curious about their neighbors' strange names and eating habits, they soon learn that the entire development is inhabited by aliens. The Weavers are the first humans the Zabvronians have had the opportunity to know in their 10 years on Earth, but soon both sides learn that while they have their differences, they are also more alike than anyone would have imagined.
The Neighbors returns with all-new episodes on ABC starting Wednesday, January 9 at 8:30/7:30c.
Also getting a sampling on a cable network is ABC's freshman drama Nashville, starring Golden Globe-nominees Connie Britton and Hayden Panettiere. Cable network CMT will air a six episode marathon of the critically acclaimed series on Sunday, January 6, 2013 from 2pm-8pm. That's six of the eight episodes that have aired thus far. Episodes airing are the "Pilot," episode three ("Someday You'll Call My Name"), episode four ("We Live In Two Different Worlds"), episode six ("You're Gonna Change (Or I'm Gonna Leave)"), episode seven ("Lovesick Blues"), and episode eight ("Where He Leads Me"). ABC will also give some sampling to the series with a three-night event from Jan. 1-3, with an encore of episode four on Tuesday, Jan. 3 at 10pm, an all-new clip show titled "The Whole Story" on its regular night and time on Wednesday, Jan. 2 at 10, and a special airing of the "Pilot" on Thursday, Jan. 3 at 8pm. The series is about chart-topping Rayna James (Connie Britton), who is a country legend who's had a career any singer would envy, though lately her popularity is starting to wane. Fans still line up to get her autograph, but she's not packing the arenas like she used to. Rayna's record label thinks a concert tour, opening for up-and-comer Juliette Barnes (Hayden Panettiere), the young and sexy future of country music, is just what Rayna needs. But scheming Juliette can't wait to steal Rayna's spotlight. Sharing a stage with that disrespectful, untalented, little vixen is the last thing Rayna wants to do, which sets up a power struggle for popularity. Could the undiscovered songwriting talent of Scarlett O'Connor (Clare Bowen) be the key to helping Rayna resurrect her career?
Nashville returns with all-new episodes on ABC starting Wednesday, January 9 at 10/9c.
For one week only we are moving our Friday edition of "Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows" for the coming week to Thursday (as tomorrow we will bring you our annual tribute to the sitcom stars we have lost in 2012). Since it is early, please keep checking back for the latest updates to the list. This is where we list what sitcom stars are appearing on talk shows for the coming week, the stars are both current and past sitcom stars, so this is for all sitcom fans of all eras!
For the week of December 31, 2012-January 4, 2013, we have many current sitcom stars and past sitcom stars on TV talk shows! All times listed are Eastern. So get your DVR's (or whatever you use) ready! Ready? Here is all what you need to know for the coming week!
Monday, December 31, 2012
- Mila Kunis (That '70s Show) - Watch Mila on a repeat of The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS. She also appears on a repeat on Thursday. These shows were taped in Scotland.
- Rashida Jones (Parks and Recreation/The Office) - Rashida appears on repeats Monday and Tuesday of The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Amy Poehler (Parks and Recreation) - Tune in to see Amy on a repeat of Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
- James Van Der Beek (Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23) - James is a guest on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Ed Asner (The Mary Tyler Moore Show) - Ed chats with the ladies of The View on a repeat on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Alyson Hannigan (How I Met Your Mother/Free Spirit) - Alyson appears on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings.
- Zachary Knighton (Happy Endings/Life on a Stick) - Catch Zachary on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 12am on ABC.
- Jenny McCarthy (Two and a Half Men/Jenny) - Jenny appears on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Betty White (Hot in Cleveland/The Golden Girls/The Mary Tyler Moore Show) - Watch the legendary Ms. White on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Kathy Griffin (Suddenly Susan) - Kathy appears on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Kirstie Alley (Cheers/Veronica's Closet) - Tune in to see Kirstie on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 12am on ABC.
- Aziz Ansari (Parks and Recreation) - Aziz is a guest on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Chuck Lorre (Creator of The Big Bang Theory/Two and a Half Men/Dharma & Greg) - Chuck appears on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Geena Davis (The Geena Davis Show/Buffalo Bill) - Geena chats with the ladies of The View on a repeat on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Whitney Cummings (Whitney) - Whitney visits LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Jim O'Heir (Parks and Recreation) - Jim is a guest on a repeat of Marie at 12pm on Hallmark Channel.
- Margaret Cho (All-American Girl) - Margaret stops by The Jeff Probst Show, so check your local listings.
- Anne Heche (Save Me/Hung) - Anne discusses sun protection on The Doctors, so check your local listings.
- Tracy Morgan (30 Rock/The Tracy Morgan Show) - Catch Tracy on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- John Krasinski (The Office) - John appears on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 12am on ABC.
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - Nene visits Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
- Sarah Silverman (The Sarah Silverman Program) - Tune in to see Sarah on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Brian Austin Green (Wedding Band, Freddie) - Brian is a guest on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Victoria Justice (Victorious/Zoey 101) - Victoria appears on a repeat of LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Margaret Cho (All-American Girl) - Margaret talks about her comedy tour on Marie at 12pm on Hallmark Channel.
- Melissa Joan Hart (Melissa & Joey/Sabrina, the Teenage Witch/Clarissa Explains It All) - Melissa guest co-hosts Anderson Live, so check your local listings.
- Courteney Cox (Cougar Town/Friends) - Watch Courteney on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Bill Cosby (The Cosby Show/Cosby/The Bill Cosby Show) - The legendary Mr. Cosby visits Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
- Tempestt Bledsoe (Guys with Kids/The Cosby Show) - Tempestt drops by Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
- Sarah Hyland (Modern Family) - Watch Sarah on The Ellen DeGeneres Show in syndication. Check local listings for time and station.
- Kim Coles (Living Single) - Watch Kim guest co-host on The Talk on CBS Daytime at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Tyler Perry (House of Payne) - Catch Tyler on a repeat of The View on ABC Daytime at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Nadine Velazquez (My Name Is Earl/The League) - Nadine appears on a repeat of Marie at 12pm on Hallmark Channel.
- Holly Robinson Peete (Hangin' with Mr. Cooper/For Your Love) - Holly is a guest on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (March/April)
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
04/04 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season
04/11 - Father Knows Best - Season Five
04/11 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Third Season
04/11 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/11 - Veep - The Complete Fifth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, April 24
The Big Bang Theory - "The Property Division Collision" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Sheldon and Leonard try to divvy up their shared belongings, but can’t agree on anything. Also, Koothrappali and Stuart fight to be the most helpful during Bernadette’s final weeks of pregnancy. Christopher Lloyd guest stars as Theodore.
Superior Donuts - "Pilot" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Emmy Award winner Judd Hirsch and comedian Jermaine Fowler star in a new comedy about the relationship between Arthur, the gruff owner of a small donut shop, his enterprising new young employee, Franco, and their loyal patrons in a quickly gentrifying Chicago neighborhood.
Kevin Can Wait - "Kevin vs. the Dutch Elm" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
As Kevin tries to charm his neighbor into giving him permission to cut down one of her trees, he becomes intimidated by her imposing son, Rutger (retired MMA Fighter and UFC Heavyweight Champion Bas Rutten), and invites them over for a non-existent party.
2 Broke Girls - "And the '80s Movie" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
As Max and Caroline, now part owners of the diner, put the finishing touches on their newly converted Dessert Bar, Max deals with the aftermath of her recent breakup with Randy, and Sophie and Oleg prepare for the birth of their baby.
American Dad - "A Nice Night for a Drive" (TBS, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Klaus gets transferred into the navigation system of Stan's car when Stan refuses to pay for life-saving surgery; Steve and his friends prank Roger, who then terrorizes them for revenge.
Angie Tribeca - "Brockman Turner Overdrive" (TBS, 10:30PM ET/PT)
When a beloved badminton star is the suspect of a hit-and-run, everyone turns a blind eye except Tribeca and Geils.
Young & Hungry - "Young & Couchy" (Freeform, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Gabi creates a problem when she sells the ugly, used couch Sofia received from her boss.
Baby Daddy - "The Sonny-moon" (Freeform, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Ben becomes jealous when Bonnie sends Danny on a cruise to celebrate his impending fatherhood.
Monday, April 24
- Lena Dunham (Girls) - Watch Lena on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Eric Stonestreet (Modern Family) - Eric appears on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Kathryn Hahn (Happyish/Transparent/Free Agents) - Kathryn drops by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. She also talks about the new series I Love Dick on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Allison appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. She also chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jim Gaffigan (The Jim Gaffigan Show/My Boys/Welcome to New York) - Jim visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Andrea Martin (Great News/Difficult People/Working the Engels) - Andrea stops by Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Briga Heelan (Great News/Ground Floor) - Briga is a guest on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Matt Walsh (Veep), Mary Holland (Blunt Talk) and Timothy Simons (Veep) - Matt, Mary and Timothy are guests on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Kumail Nanjiani (Silicon Valley) - Kumail drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- John Leguizamo (The Brothers Garcia) - John guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Cobie Smulders (How I Met Your Mother) - Cobie talks about making her Broadway debut in Present Laughter on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Katie Gill (Baby Daddy) - Katie is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) - Lisa joins Clinton Kelly in the kitchen to make a delicious dessert with an ingredient she’s never had before—Rhubarb on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Alfonso Ribeiro (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air/In the House/Silver Spoons) - Alfonso will be on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Kate Walsh (Bad Judge/The Drew Carey Show) - Kate talks about 13 Reasons Why on the AOL Build Show at 11am.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Ron is a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.