Thursday, December 06, 2012
Antenna TV Christmas 2012 Marathon Schedule; TV One New Original Sitcom Belle's Premieres in January
Probably the best place to watch classic Christmas episodes now is on Antenna TV! For the second straight year, spend the holidays with your favorite sitcom and drama stars as Antenna TV, Tribune Broadcasting's multicast broadcast network, airs non-stop holiday episodes on both Christmas Eve and Day (December 24 and 25). In addition, for the second straight year, a Burns and Allen Show and a Jack Benny marathon will air on New Year's Eve, followed by the 3rd Annual Three Stooges marathon on New Year's Day.
Antenna TV, which airs on 71 affiliates across the U.S. reaching 61% of TV households, will feature a weekend of holiday programming with Christmas episodes beginning at 11am ET on Monday, December 24 and running through 11:59pm ET on Tuesday, December 25. Holiday episodes of Leave it to Beaver, Dennis the Menace, Father Knows Best, Adam-12, Dragnet, The Partridge Family, Three's Company, Too Close for Comfort, Good Times, Sanford and Son, Maude, Hazel, Benson, All in the Family, WKRP in Cincinnati, Married with Children, Here Come the Brides, The Nanny, Alfred Hitchcock Presents, The George Burns and Gracie Allen Show, Jack Benny Presets, The Adventures of Rin Tin Tin, The Monkees and S.W.A.T. will all air! Antenna TV will also air the original Yule Log uninterrupted from 5-9am ET on Christmas morning.
On New Year's Eve, Antenna TV will ring in 2013 with "The New Year's Eve Curtain Call with Benny and Burns & Allen," a Burns and Allen Show and a Jack Benny Program marathon (40 episodes/20 hours.) Beginning at 11am ET on Monday, December 31 and running through 7am ET on Tuesday, January 1, 2013. And when Antenna TV launched on January 1, 2011, the network made its debut with The Three Stooges. Antenna TV now airs a Three Stooges Marathon each year on New Year's Day to commemorate the anniversary. This January 1st, the marathon will air from 7am-3am ET (60 episodes/20 hours) immediately following Antenna TV's "The New Year's Eve Curtain Call with Benny and Burns & Allen" marathon.
View the Antenna TV Christmas episodes marathon schedule. Stay with us for further details on Antenna TV, including their new January schedule featuring Diff'rent Strokes in primetime on Mondays and Wednesdays from 9-11pm and Sundays 10-11pm. Come on back!
A heaping order of family and laughter are on the menu when TV One premieres its latest original scripted series Belle's, a new comedy centered around widower William "Big Bill" Cooper who owns and operates his family's upscale soul food restaurant, on Monday, January 21, 2013 at 10:00 pm ET on TV One. The half-hour series, co-created by legendary Emmy(R) Award-winning producer Ed. Weinberger (Taxi, The Cosby Show), features an all-star cast including Keith David (The Cape, Crash), Elise Neal (All of Us, The Hughley's),Tami Roman (VH1's Basketball Wives), Ella Joyce (Roc) and Miguel Núñez (Juwanna Mann), and introduces young actress Nadja Alaya.
In addition to running the restaurant, Bill (Keith David) must deal with his two headstrong daughters: Jill (Elise Neal), the sensible hardworking manager of Belle's who also juggles being a single mom; and Loreta (Tami Roman), a stylish, self-absorbed prima donna whose ambitions alternate between a career in the music business and finding a rich husband. And if working with his daughters isn't challenging enough, Bill must deal with the temperamental chef at Belle's who also happens to be his - thorn-in-the-side sister-in-law, Gladys (Ella Joyce). Rounding out the family is cousin Maurice (Miguel Núñez), the irresponsible bartender and self-proclaimed ladies' man who is always in hot water; and Jill's savvy tween daughter Pam (Nadja Alaya), who seems to be the only one who has a handle on everyone and everything that happens in the family, and at Belle's.
Belle's takes a page from sitcoms of an earlier era by tackling hard hitting cultural issues through the prism of comedy and laughter. In the premiere episode, Jill rents out the restaurant to the Crawford family to host their annual family reunion. Just as the Coopers get ready to celebrate their sudden windfall, Big Bill is tormented to discover the Crawfords' once owned his wife's family during slavery.
In addition to Weinberger, the half-hour, six-episode series is co-created and executive produced by Belle's co-star, veteran comedic actor Miguel Núñez. Additional executive producer credits include Oscar Turner for Gallery Road Productions and Jubba Seyyid for TV One.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/01 - The League - The Complete Season Six
09/01 - New Girl - The Complete Fourth Season
09/08 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Two
09/08 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Second Season
09/08 - Mr. Belvedere - Season Four
09/15 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Eighth Season (Blu-ray)
09/15 - Family Guy - Season 13
09/18 - black-ish - The Complete First Season
09/22 - The Cosby Show - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
09/22 - C.P.O. Sharkey - The Complete Season 2
09/22 - Cristela - The Complete First Season
09/22 - Good Times - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
09/22 - King of the Hill - The Complete 12th Season
09/22 - The Last Man on Earth - The Complete First Season
09/22 - Modern Family - The Complete Sixth Season
09/22 - The Nanny - Season Four
09/22 - The Partridge Family - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
09/29 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete First Season
09/29 - Mom - The Complete Second Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, October 5
The Big Bang Theory - "The Bachelor Party Corrosion" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
The guys’ science skills are put to the test when they get a flat tire during Leonard’s bachelor party weekend in Mexico. Also, the girls force Penny to finally tell her family that she eloped with Leonard.
Life in Pieces - "Sleepy Email Bunch Tree" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Matt invites Colleen to brunch with the family, he coaches her through the difficult task of connecting with them. Also, John, Matt and Greg try to prove their masculinity by cutting down a tree in Greg's backyard, Tim has an adverse reaction to espresso, and a sleep-deprived Greg has a run-in with the cops.
Significant Mother - "Not About Bob" (The CW, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Nate asks Sam and Atticus to help convince Jimmy that he made a mistake; Lydia considers advice from her boss; Harrison has a realization about his marriage to Lydia.
Monday, October 5
- John Stamos (Grandfathered/Jake in Progress/Full House) - Watch John on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS. He also discusses Grandfathered on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Ken Jeong (Dr. Ken/Community), Dave Foley (Dr. Ken/How to Be a Gentleman/NewsRadio) and Suzy Nakamura (Dr. Ken/Help Me Help You) - Ken, Dave and Suzy are guests on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Kevin Nealon (Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin appears on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Randall Park (Fresh Off the Boat) - Randall visits Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- David Krumholtz (Partners/The Trouble with Normal) - David is a guest on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Nathan Lane (Charlie Lawrence/Encore! Encore!) - Nathan stops by The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Jenna Elfman (Dharma & Greg/Accidentally on Purpose/Courting Alex) - Jenna talks about her new movie Big Stone Gap on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Kelly Jenrette (Grandfathered) - Kelly discusses her new series Grandfathered on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Emeril Lagasse (Emeril) - Emeril will be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- James Brolin (Life in Pieces) - James talks about Life in Pieces on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Fran Drescher (The Nanny/Happily Divorced) - Fran talks about her role in the animated movie Hotel Transylvania 2 on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Maura Tierney (NewsRadio) - Maura is a guest on People Now.
- Christina Milian (Grandfathered) - Christina appears on The Real, so check your local listings.