Thursday, December 06, 2012
Antenna TV Christmas 2012 Marathon Schedule; TV One New Original Sitcom Belle's Premieres in January
Probably the best place to watch classic Christmas episodes now is on Antenna TV! For the second straight year, spend the holidays with your favorite sitcom and drama stars as Antenna TV, Tribune Broadcasting's multicast broadcast network, airs non-stop holiday episodes on both Christmas Eve and Day (December 24 and 25). In addition, for the second straight year, a Burns and Allen Show and a Jack Benny marathon will air on New Year's Eve, followed by the 3rd Annual Three Stooges marathon on New Year's Day.
Antenna TV, which airs on 71 affiliates across the U.S. reaching 61% of TV households, will feature a weekend of holiday programming with Christmas episodes beginning at 11am ET on Monday, December 24 and running through 11:59pm ET on Tuesday, December 25. Holiday episodes of Leave it to Beaver, Dennis the Menace, Father Knows Best, Adam-12, Dragnet, The Partridge Family, Three's Company, Too Close for Comfort, Good Times, Sanford and Son, Maude, Hazel, Benson, All in the Family, WKRP in Cincinnati, Married with Children, Here Come the Brides, The Nanny, Alfred Hitchcock Presents, The George Burns and Gracie Allen Show, Jack Benny Presets, The Adventures of Rin Tin Tin, The Monkees and S.W.A.T. will all air! Antenna TV will also air the original Yule Log uninterrupted from 5-9am ET on Christmas morning.
On New Year's Eve, Antenna TV will ring in 2013 with "The New Year's Eve Curtain Call with Benny and Burns & Allen," a Burns and Allen Show and a Jack Benny Program marathon (40 episodes/20 hours.) Beginning at 11am ET on Monday, December 31 and running through 7am ET on Tuesday, January 1, 2013. And when Antenna TV launched on January 1, 2011, the network made its debut with The Three Stooges. Antenna TV now airs a Three Stooges Marathon each year on New Year's Day to commemorate the anniversary. This January 1st, the marathon will air from 7am-3am ET (60 episodes/20 hours) immediately following Antenna TV's "The New Year's Eve Curtain Call with Benny and Burns & Allen" marathon.
View the Antenna TV Christmas episodes marathon schedule. Stay with us for further details on Antenna TV, including their new January schedule featuring Diff'rent Strokes in primetime on Mondays and Wednesdays from 9-11pm and Sundays 10-11pm. Come on back!
A heaping order of family and laughter are on the menu when TV One premieres its latest original scripted series Belle's, a new comedy centered around widower William "Big Bill" Cooper who owns and operates his family's upscale soul food restaurant, on Monday, January 21, 2013 at 10:00 pm ET on TV One. The half-hour series, co-created by legendary Emmy(R) Award-winning producer Ed. Weinberger (Taxi, The Cosby Show), features an all-star cast including Keith David (The Cape, Crash), Elise Neal (All of Us, The Hughley's),Tami Roman (VH1's Basketball Wives), Ella Joyce (Roc) and Miguel Núñez (Juwanna Mann), and introduces young actress Nadja Alaya.
In addition to running the restaurant, Bill (Keith David) must deal with his two headstrong daughters: Jill (Elise Neal), the sensible hardworking manager of Belle's who also juggles being a single mom; and Loreta (Tami Roman), a stylish, self-absorbed prima donna whose ambitions alternate between a career in the music business and finding a rich husband. And if working with his daughters isn't challenging enough, Bill must deal with the temperamental chef at Belle's who also happens to be his - thorn-in-the-side sister-in-law, Gladys (Ella Joyce). Rounding out the family is cousin Maurice (Miguel Núñez), the irresponsible bartender and self-proclaimed ladies' man who is always in hot water; and Jill's savvy tween daughter Pam (Nadja Alaya), who seems to be the only one who has a handle on everyone and everything that happens in the family, and at Belle's.
Belle's takes a page from sitcoms of an earlier era by tackling hard hitting cultural issues through the prism of comedy and laughter. In the premiere episode, Jill rents out the restaurant to the Crawford family to host their annual family reunion. Just as the Coopers get ready to celebrate their sudden windfall, Big Bill is tormented to discover the Crawfords' once owned his wife's family during slavery.
In addition to Weinberger, the half-hour, six-episode series is co-created and executive produced by Belle's co-star, veteran comedic actor Miguel Núñez. Additional executive producer credits include Oscar Turner for Gallery Road Productions and Jubba Seyyid for TV One.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (March)
03/03 - CHiPs - The Complete Third Season
03/10 - Gomer Pyle, U.S.M.C. - The Complete Series
03/10 - Hey Dude - The Complete Series (Walmart Exclusive)
03/10 - Petticoat Junction - Family Favorite Episodes
03/17 - Bewitched - Season 5 (Mill Creek)
03/17 - Bewitched - Season 6 (Mill Creek)
03/17 - Bewitched - Seasons 5 & 6 (Mill Creek)
03/17 - Maude - The Complete Series (Shout! Factory)
03/17 - WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete First Season (Shout! Factory)
03/17 - WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete Second Season (Shout! Factory)
03/24 - The Donna Reed Show - Season 2 (MPI Home Video)
03/31 - Silicon Valley - Season 1 (Blu-ray)
03/31 - Veep - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, March 29
The Simpsons - "Super Franchise Me" (Fox, 7:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Marge opens a sandwich franchise store after her sandwiches become a huge hit at Springfield Elementary. But running day-to-day at the store proves challenging, especially when the same franchise opens another location across the street.
Bob's Burgers - "Carpe Museum" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
While acting as a parent chaperone on the school’s trip to the museum, Bob has a father-daughter bonding moment with Louise. Meanwhile, Gene and his friends are on a hunt to find exhibits that feature the female anatomy. Also, Tina questions her dorkiness and, on the steps of the museum, Linda lends her unique chanting abilities to striking museum workers.
The Simpsons - "Covercraft" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Homer has a mid-life crisis, takes up bass guitar and forms a cover band with some of the other dads in town. But the band’s modest early success is soon overwhelmed by the breakout potential of their most unlikely star, Apu.
Family Guy - "Our Idiot Brian" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Meg convinces Brian to take the SATs for her, but when he tests poorly, they start to suspect that Brian might not be that smart, after all. Naturally, Peter shows Brian the joys of being stupid and the benefits of having a low IQ.
The Last Man on Earth - "She Drives Me Crazy" / "Mooovin' In" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Phil Miller continues to live in Tucson.
I Didn't Do It - "Logan Finds Out" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Logan is dumped by his girlfriend; Lindy, Garrett and Delia find out that Jasmine likes Logan but she begs her friends to keep her secret.
K.C. Undercover - "Daddy's Little Princess" (Disney Channel, 8:30PM ET/PT)
The Coopers are tasked with protecting Prince Promomomo; Craig becomes worried when K.C. and the Prince begin flirting.
Sunday, March 29
- Betty White (Hot in Cleveland/The Golden Girls/Mary Tyler Moore) - Betty talks about her passion for life on Oprah: Where Are They Now? at 9pm ET/PT on OWN.
- Regina King (227) - Catch Regina on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Neil Patrick Harris (How I Met Your Mother/Stark Raving Mad/Doogie Howser, M.D.) - Watch Neil on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Nathan Lane (Modern Family/Encore! Encore!/Charlie Lawrence) - Nathan is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Kristen Schaal (The Last Man on Earth/The Hotwives of Orlando/30 Rock) - Kristen visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Becki Newton (Weird Loners/The Goodwin Games/How I Met Your Mother) - Becki appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC. Becki and Zachary Knighton will also be on Good Day LA on Fox 11 LA KTTV in Los Angeles.
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Will stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Alyssa Milano (Who's the Boss?/Romantically Challenged) - Alyssa guest hosts The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Regina King (227) - Regina chats on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Billy Gardell (Mike & Molly) - Billy talks about the game show Monopoly Millionaires’ Club on LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Hilary Duff (Younger/Lizzie McGuire) - Hilary appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Candace Cameron Bure (Full House) - Candace discusses her new Hallmark Movies & Mysteries original A Bone to Pick: An Aurora Teagarden Mystery on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Kevin Rahm (I Hate My Teenage Daughter) - Kevin talks about what to expect on the final season of his popular show Mad Men on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Sutton Foster (Younger) - Sutton discusses her starring role in TV Land's Younger and talks about her exciting solo debut at Carnegie Hall on HuffPost Live at 3:40pm.
- Rob Corddry (The Winner) - Rob is a guest on SportsNation at 3pm on ESPN2.
- Garcelle Beauvais (The Jamie Foxx Show) - Garcelle guest co-hosts The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Tracee Ellis Ross (black-ish/Girlfriends) - Tracee is a guest on VH1's Big Morning Buzz Live at 9am.
- The Cast of Younger - Patricia Field, Sutton Foster, Hilary Duff, Debi Mazar, Miriam Shor, Nico Tortorella and creator Darren Star are guests on the AOL Build Show at 4pm.