Thursday, December 06, 2012
Antenna TV Christmas 2012 Marathon Schedule; TV One New Original Sitcom Belle's Premieres in January
Probably the best place to watch classic Christmas episodes now is on Antenna TV! For the second straight year, spend the holidays with your favorite sitcom and drama stars as Antenna TV, Tribune Broadcasting's multicast broadcast network, airs non-stop holiday episodes on both Christmas Eve and Day (December 24 and 25). In addition, for the second straight year, a Burns and Allen Show and a Jack Benny marathon will air on New Year's Eve, followed by the 3rd Annual Three Stooges marathon on New Year's Day.
Antenna TV, which airs on 71 affiliates across the U.S. reaching 61% of TV households, will feature a weekend of holiday programming with Christmas episodes beginning at 11am ET on Monday, December 24 and running through 11:59pm ET on Tuesday, December 25. Holiday episodes of Leave it to Beaver, Dennis the Menace, Father Knows Best, Adam-12, Dragnet, The Partridge Family, Three's Company, Too Close for Comfort, Good Times, Sanford and Son, Maude, Hazel, Benson, All in the Family, WKRP in Cincinnati, Married with Children, Here Come the Brides, The Nanny, Alfred Hitchcock Presents, The George Burns and Gracie Allen Show, Jack Benny Presets, The Adventures of Rin Tin Tin, The Monkees and S.W.A.T. will all air! Antenna TV will also air the original Yule Log uninterrupted from 5-9am ET on Christmas morning.
On New Year's Eve, Antenna TV will ring in 2013 with "The New Year's Eve Curtain Call with Benny and Burns & Allen," a Burns and Allen Show and a Jack Benny Program marathon (40 episodes/20 hours.) Beginning at 11am ET on Monday, December 31 and running through 7am ET on Tuesday, January 1, 2013. And when Antenna TV launched on January 1, 2011, the network made its debut with The Three Stooges. Antenna TV now airs a Three Stooges Marathon each year on New Year's Day to commemorate the anniversary. This January 1st, the marathon will air from 7am-3am ET (60 episodes/20 hours) immediately following Antenna TV's "The New Year's Eve Curtain Call with Benny and Burns & Allen" marathon.
View the Antenna TV Christmas episodes marathon schedule. Stay with us for further details on Antenna TV, including their new January schedule featuring Diff'rent Strokes in primetime on Mondays and Wednesdays from 9-11pm and Sundays 10-11pm. Come on back!
A heaping order of family and laughter are on the menu when TV One premieres its latest original scripted series Belle's, a new comedy centered around widower William "Big Bill" Cooper who owns and operates his family's upscale soul food restaurant, on Monday, January 21, 2013 at 10:00 pm ET on TV One. The half-hour series, co-created by legendary Emmy(R) Award-winning producer Ed. Weinberger (Taxi, The Cosby Show), features an all-star cast including Keith David (The Cape, Crash), Elise Neal (All of Us, The Hughley's),Tami Roman (VH1's Basketball Wives), Ella Joyce (Roc) and Miguel Núñez (Juwanna Mann), and introduces young actress Nadja Alaya.
In addition to running the restaurant, Bill (Keith David) must deal with his two headstrong daughters: Jill (Elise Neal), the sensible hardworking manager of Belle's who also juggles being a single mom; and Loreta (Tami Roman), a stylish, self-absorbed prima donna whose ambitions alternate between a career in the music business and finding a rich husband. And if working with his daughters isn't challenging enough, Bill must deal with the temperamental chef at Belle's who also happens to be his - thorn-in-the-side sister-in-law, Gladys (Ella Joyce). Rounding out the family is cousin Maurice (Miguel Núñez), the irresponsible bartender and self-proclaimed ladies' man who is always in hot water; and Jill's savvy tween daughter Pam (Nadja Alaya), who seems to be the only one who has a handle on everyone and everything that happens in the family, and at Belle's.
Belle's takes a page from sitcoms of an earlier era by tackling hard hitting cultural issues through the prism of comedy and laughter. In the premiere episode, Jill rents out the restaurant to the Crawford family to host their annual family reunion. Just as the Coopers get ready to celebrate their sudden windfall, Big Bill is tormented to discover the Crawfords' once owned his wife's family during slavery.
In addition to Weinberger, the half-hour, six-episode series is co-created and executive produced by Belle's co-star, veteran comedic actor Miguel Núñez. Additional executive producer credits include Oscar Turner for Gallery Road Productions and Jubba Seyyid for TV One.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (June)
06/14 - Ballers - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
06/14 - The League - Season 7 - The Final Fantasy
06/14 - The League - The Complete Series
06/14 - Maude - The Complete Fifth Season
06/14 - Survivor's Remorse - The Complete Second Season
06/21 - Workaholics - Season Six
06/24 - The Monkees - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
06/28 - Two Guys and a Girl - The Complete Series
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, June 25
The Thundermans - "Chutes and Splatters" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Phoebe's newest superhero mission is to babysit President Kuckbutt's troublemaking teen daughter, but the assignment quickly snowballs out of control when Phoebe's charge sneaks into the town's illegal nightclub.
Bella and the Bulldogs - "Biggest. Game. Ever" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Everything the Bulldogs have worked for has led up to this game- the state championship against their rivals Whitworth! But when their new game plan is not working, the team has a shocking realization.
Sunday, June 26
- Sandra Bernhard (Roseanne) - Catch Sandra on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Eric Stonestreet (Modern Family) - Watch Eric on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Nia Long (Uncle Buck/The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) - Nia is a guest on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Marc Maron (Maron) - Marc appears on a repeat of The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Connie Britton (Spin City/The Fighting Fitzgeralds/Lost at Home) - Connie is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Natasha Leggero (Another Period/Free Agents) - Natasha appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Jenny Slate (Married/Bob's Burgers) - Jenny stops by The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Zach Woods (Silicon Valley/Playing House/The Office) - Zach appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Greg Proops (True Jackson, VP) - Greg is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Jill Kargman (Odd Mom Out) - Jill visits Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Aubrey Plaza (Parks and Recreation) - Aubrey appears on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- D.L. Hughley (The Hughleys) - D.L. guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Demi Lovato (Sonny with a Chance) - Demi appears on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Kellita Smith (The First Family/The Bernie Mac Show) - Kellita stops by The Real, so check your local listings.
- Jamie Lynn Spears (Zoey 101) - Jamie reveals that her husband and daughter are hounding her for more children on People Now at 8:30am.
- Craig Bierko (Unhitched/Madman of the People/Sydney) - Craig is a guest on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Michaela Watkins (Casual/Trophy Wife) - Michaela talks about Hulu's Casual on the AOL Build ShoW at 11am.
- Louis C.K. (Louie) and Kevin Hart (The Big House/Undeclared) - Louis and Kevin talk about The Secret Life of Pets on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Tony Shalhoub (We Are Men/Wings)- Tony will be on CBS This Morning sometime between 7-9am.
- Arsenio Hall (Arsenio) - Arsenio guest co-hosts Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.