Sunday, September 16, 2012
Last Sunday Sitcoms (counts for week of Sept. 3-9)
- The Simpsons (Fox) 2 airings - A repeat at 8pm did 5.19 million and a 2.2 18-49 rating, up a solid 1.2 points in 18-49 from previous week thanks to an NFL lead-in. A second repeat followed with 4.55 million and a 2.0 18-49 rating, up nine tenths week-to-week.
- The Cleveland Show (Fox) - preempted.
- Family Guy (Fox) 2 airings - A repeat at 9pm did 4.46 million and a 2.1 18-49 rating, which was up seven tenths from the previous week. A second repeat at 9:30pm did 4.66 million and a 2.2 18-49 rating, up seven tenths week-to-week in 18-49. Great!
- American Dad! (Fox) - preempted.
- How I Met Your Mother (CBS) - A repeat did only 2.63 million and a 0.8 18-49 rating, down six tenths in 18-49 from the previous week, but it aired at 9:17pm following coverage of the US Open.
- The Big Bang Theory (CBS) - preempted.
- 2 Broke Girls (CBS) - A repeat of this comedy was delayed until 10:17 and posted 3.14 million and a 0.8 rating, down seven tenths in 18-49 from the previous week. US Open really messed up the night, didn't it?.
- Mike & Molly (CBS) - preempted.
- The New Normal (NBC) - The series premiere following The Voice premiere was sampled with 6.88 million and a 2.5 18-49 rating. Not bad, but we have to wait until the actual fall season to see how it is really doing.
- Go On (NBC) - Another encore of the pilot did 4.9 million and a 1.8 18-49 rating.
- The Middle (ABC) - The 8pm repeat did 3.74 million and a 0.9 18-49 rating, up a tenth in 18-49 from the previous week.
- Last Man Standing (ABC) - A repeat of this sitcom followed with 2.9 million and a 0.8 18-49 rating, also up a tenth in 18-49 from previous week.
- Go On (NBC) - The second episode premiered to 9.73 million and a 3.4 18-49 rating, after the first Tuesday airing of The Voice. Very good--but it had limited competition. So still the jury is out, but it is looking good.
- The New Normal (NBC) - The second episode of this comedy premiered to 6.96 million and a 2.5 18-49 rating, on par with its premiere the previous night. Still a long way to go, as the other networks haven't premiered yet.
- Happy Endings (ABC) - A repeat at 9pm did 2.14 million and a 0.8 18-49 rating, which was on par week-to-week. This show has a loyal audience.
- Don't Trust the B---- In Apartment 23 (ABC) - A repeat at 9:30pm posted 1.8 million and a 0.6 18-49 rating, also on par with the previous week. Just some exposure for a series that only aired six episodes this past season.
- The Middle (ABC) - A repeat at 8pm did 3.61 million and a 0.9 rating, down a tenth from the previous week.
- Suburgatory (ABC) 2 airings - A repeat at 8:30 posted 2.93 million and a 0.9 18-49 rating, on par in 18-49 with the previous week. A second repeat airing at 9:30pm generated 2.77 million and a 1.0 18-49 rating, also on par in 18-48 week-to-week. This show could be big this fall at 9:30pm.
- Modern Family (ABC) - A repeat at 9pm did 3.69 million and a 1.3 rating, on par with the previous week again.
- Guys with Kids (NBC) - The series premiere of this sitcom posted 6.25 million and a 2.2 18-49 rating after the penultimate episode of Got Talent. Not bad, but not great. NBC has had too many sneak peeks out of time periods, so not sure if viewers will find most of these shows come actual TV premiere week.
- The New Normal (NBC) - An encore of the pilot, from Monday, did 3.8 million and a 1.3 18-49 rating. Just some extra exposure.
- The Big Bang Theory (CBS) - A repeat at 8 did 6.94 million and a 1.9 18-49 rating, down a tenth from the previous week in the key demo. Great for summer.
- Two and a Half Men (CBS) - A repeat at 8:30pm did 5.31 million and a 1.5 18-49 rating, but down three tenths in 18-49 from the previous week.
- The Office (NBC) - preempted.
- Parks and Recreation (NBC) - preempted.
- Guys with Kids (NBC) - An encore of the series premiere did 3.3 million and a 1.0 18-49 rating.
- Go On (NBC) - An encore of the second episode, from Tuesday, posted 3.06 million and a 1.0 18-49 rating. Not bad.
- Rules of Engagement (CBS) - preempted.
Summing it up. The repeats of The Simpsons & Family Guy from last Sunday, and The Big Bang Theory, Two and a Half Men, and the new showing of Go On were impressive for the week. Everything else was OK (such as premieres of The New Normal, Go On) or just plain old terrible (such as repeats of How I Met Your Mother, Apartment 23).
Feeling the repeat blues? Well the new season starts Sept. 24 - in eight days! Original sitcoms on cable this summer are winding down. TBS had the season finale of new sitcom Sullivan & Son this past Thursday at 10pm. It was just renewed for a second season, too! And everything else has ended for the summer. All of those series were multi-camera comedies, too! New sitcom airings was the perfect way to beat the summer blues! But now we gear up for the new fall season!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February/March)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbrekable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, March 25
Henry Danger - "Gas or Fail" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Captain Man finds himself trapped underground, Henry must devise a way to sneak out of his school's standardized testing to save Ray.
Game Shakers - "Llama Llama Spit Spit" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After the Game Shakers get kicked out of Fooders to make room for a guest who has his photo on the wall, Babe becomes determined to get their own photo up using any means necessary.
Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn - "To Be Invited or Not to Be" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
The quads make a new friend, an amazing inventor, but when not all of them get invited back to hang out again, they start to wonder why.
Love Thy Neighbor - "Better Late Than Never" (OWN, 9:00PM ET/PT)
A missed call leaves Danny and his family in a bad place.
Love Thy Neighbor - "Make Up or Make Out" (OWN, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Still upset with his friends, Danny takes the advice of his family.
Sunday, March 26
- Sanaa Lathan (Family Guy/The Cleveland Show/LateLine) - Catch Sanaa on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Chris on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Richard Dreyfuss (Your Family or Mine) - Richard appears on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Lily Tomlin (Grace and Frankie/Malibu Country) and Jane Fonda (Grace and Frankie) - Lily and Jane are guests on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. They also chat with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Craig Ferguson (The Drew Carey Show) - Craig visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He will also be on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Rachel Dratch (Imaginary Mary) - Rachel is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Pete Holmes (Crashing) - Pete stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jenna Elfman (Imaginary Mary/1600 Penn/Accidentally on Purpose/Courting Alex/Dharma & Greg) - Jenna appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Ron Funches (Powerless/Undateable) - Ron is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Kaitlin Olson (The Mick/It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia) - Kaitlin drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Wendi McLendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi appears on a repeat of Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) - Lisa is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Mark Consuelos (Alpha House/Hope & Faith) - Mark guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Tahj Mowry, Derek Theler and Jean-Luc Bilodeau (Baby Daddy) - Tahj, Derek and Jean-Luc are guests on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Tika appears on a repeat of The Real, so check your local listings.
- Vanessa Bell Calloway (Rhythm & Blues) - Vanessa is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- June Diane Raphael (Grace and Frankie) - June talks about Grace and Frankie on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly/Samantha Who?) and Ben Falcone (Joey) - Melissa and Ben talk TV Land's Nobodies on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Brooklyn Decker (Grace and Frankie/Friends with Better Lives) - Brookyln stops by People Now at 8:30am.
- Marcia Gay Harden (Trophy Wife) - Marcia opens up about her favorite part of being in the 50 Shades movies on People Now at 8:30am. \
- Tracee Ellis Ross (black-ish/Girlfriends) - Tracee dishes about her Golden Globe win on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 2am on BET or on your local stations.