Wednesday, September 05, 2012
Today we will reveal the INSP Fall 2012 schedule! INSP has acquired the exclusive cable rights to The High Chaparral from CBS Television Distribution and also a multi-year agreement with NBCUniversal Cable and New Media Distribution for the exclusive basic cable rights for The Virginian. As the exclusive cable home of The High Chaparral and other western series, INSP is proud to offer a new generation of Americans the opportunity to fall in love with the characters and stories that made The High Chaparral a western classic. Launching on Saturday, September 15, viewers can enjoy an all-day marathon beginning at 1:00pm ET through 2:00am ET. The series joins the Saddle Up Saturday line-up beginning September 29 at 6pm, 7pm, and 12am ET and also is scheduled to air in the Monday-Friday lineup at 4pm & 1am ET. As for The Virginian, the launch will be celebrated with a 50th anniversary all-day marathon of the 90-minute series on Saturday, September 22 beginning at 1pm ET through 2:00am ET. The series joins the regular Saturday lineup on September 29, the same day as The High Chaparral. It will air Saturdays at 1pm, 2:30pm, 9pm & 10:30pm ET.
As for the rest of the schedule, we still will have classics The Big Valley, Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman, The Waltons, Little House on the Prairie and sitcoms The Brady Bunch and Happy Days all on weekdays. The Brady Bunch will be moving to the 12pm hour every weekday, as its current 5pm hour will be another hour of Happy Days. That sitcom will remain at 6pm as well. The rest of the weekday line-up is the same except for the addition of The High Chaparral. On Saturdays, besides The High Chaparral and The Virginian, we have The Big Valley at 4pm, 5pm, & 1am and Bonanza at 8pm. Those two series will join the new additions to make up the new Saddle Up Saturday schedule. Sundays will still have movies starting at 7pm through 1am, with Dr. Quinn at 1am.
View the full INSP Fall 2012 schedule. There is word they could add a third new series, if they do, we will let you know as soon as can announce it! What do you think it will be? Remember INSP is available in more than 70 million households across the U.S. on more than 2,800 cable systems and on Dish Network channel 259, DirecTV channel 364, AT&T U-verse channel 564 and Verizon FiOs channel 242. Viewers can check their local program guides for channel information or visit www.insp.com.
Just like how Men at Work was renewed for a second season, now TBS has ordered a second year for its second original comedy! TBS has ordered a second season of the popular new sitcom Sullivan & Son. Currently airing Thursdays at 10 p.m. (ET/PT), the comedy is averaging more than 2.5 million viewers in its first season and ranks as one of the Top 25 new summer series on television. TBS has ordered 10 episodes for the second season, which is slated to launch in 2013, just like Men at Work. TBS's Sullivan & Son stars Steve Byrne as a corporate attorney who finds new life behind the bar when he leaves his Manhattan lifestyle and moves to Pittsburgh to take over his parents' pub. Byrne is joined by a stellar ensemble cast that includes Christine Ebersole, Brian Doyle-Murray, Jodi Long, Valerie Azlynn, Vivian Bang, Owen Benjamin and Dan Lauria. Sullivan & Son is executive-produced by Vince Vaughn, Peter Billingsley and showrunner Rob Long.
Two more episodes remain on the first season order and will air tomorrow (Sept. 6) and next Thursday (Sept. 13). In addition to the Sullivan & Son and Men at Work second seasons, TBS's slate of original series includes Cougar Town, the popular comedy that's moving to TBS, with the premiere set for early 2013.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (March/April)
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
04/04 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season
04/11 - Father Knows Best - Season Five
04/11 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Third Season
04/11 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/11 - Veep - The Complete Fifth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, April 29
Henry Danger - "Stuck in Two Holes" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Whaaaat?!? Captain Man and Kid Danger are each stuck in a hole?!? Charlotte and Jasper better go help, 'cuz Schwoz is takin' a bean bath!
Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn - "I Want My Mae B. Back" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After Mae starts to spend more time with her new boyfriend, Dawn begins to get jealous so enlists Nicky, Ricky, and Dicky to help separate them so that she can have her friend back.
Sunday, April 30
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - Catch NeNe on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Chris on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am and LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- America Ferrera (Superstore) - America drops by Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ike Barinholtz (The Mindy Project) - Ike appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Joel McHale (The Great Indoors/Community) - Joel is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jake Johnson (New Girl) - Jake visits The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Hank Azaria (Brockmire/The Simpsons/Free Agents) - Hank stops by Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Al Madrigal (About a Boy/Welcome to the Captain/Gary Unmarried) - Al appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Kevin Nealon (Man with a Plan/Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin is a guest on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Ashton Kutcher (The Ranch/Two and a Half Men/That '70s Show) - Ashton appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Allison teams up with Mario Batali to make a cheesy, decadent Gnocchi Al Telefono and dishes about her new Broadway show on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Charlie Hunnam (Undeclared) - Charlie will be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. He will also be on the AOL Build Show at 11:15am.
- Nick Robinson (Melissa & Joey) - Nick talks about his new film Everything, Everything on the AOL Build Show at 1pm.