Wednesday, September 05, 2012
Today we will reveal the INSP Fall 2012 schedule! INSP has acquired the exclusive cable rights to The High Chaparral from CBS Television Distribution and also a multi-year agreement with NBCUniversal Cable and New Media Distribution for the exclusive basic cable rights for The Virginian. As the exclusive cable home of The High Chaparral and other western series, INSP is proud to offer a new generation of Americans the opportunity to fall in love with the characters and stories that made The High Chaparral a western classic. Launching on Saturday, September 15, viewers can enjoy an all-day marathon beginning at 1:00pm ET through 2:00am ET. The series joins the Saddle Up Saturday line-up beginning September 29 at 6pm, 7pm, and 12am ET and also is scheduled to air in the Monday-Friday lineup at 4pm & 1am ET. As for The Virginian, the launch will be celebrated with a 50th anniversary all-day marathon of the 90-minute series on Saturday, September 22 beginning at 1pm ET through 2:00am ET. The series joins the regular Saturday lineup on September 29, the same day as The High Chaparral. It will air Saturdays at 1pm, 2:30pm, 9pm & 10:30pm ET.
As for the rest of the schedule, we still will have classics The Big Valley, Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman, The Waltons, Little House on the Prairie and sitcoms The Brady Bunch and Happy Days all on weekdays. The Brady Bunch will be moving to the 12pm hour every weekday, as its current 5pm hour will be another hour of Happy Days. That sitcom will remain at 6pm as well. The rest of the weekday line-up is the same except for the addition of The High Chaparral. On Saturdays, besides The High Chaparral and The Virginian, we have The Big Valley at 4pm, 5pm, & 1am and Bonanza at 8pm. Those two series will join the new additions to make up the new Saddle Up Saturday schedule. Sundays will still have movies starting at 7pm through 1am, with Dr. Quinn at 1am.
View the full INSP Fall 2012 schedule. There is word they could add a third new series, if they do, we will let you know as soon as can announce it! What do you think it will be? Remember INSP is available in more than 70 million households across the U.S. on more than 2,800 cable systems and on Dish Network channel 259, DirecTV channel 364, AT&T U-verse channel 564 and Verizon FiOs channel 242. Viewers can check their local program guides for channel information or visit www.insp.com.
Just like how Men at Work was renewed for a second season, now TBS has ordered a second year for its second original comedy! TBS has ordered a second season of the popular new sitcom Sullivan & Son. Currently airing Thursdays at 10 p.m. (ET/PT), the comedy is averaging more than 2.5 million viewers in its first season and ranks as one of the Top 25 new summer series on television. TBS has ordered 10 episodes for the second season, which is slated to launch in 2013, just like Men at Work. TBS's Sullivan & Son stars Steve Byrne as a corporate attorney who finds new life behind the bar when he leaves his Manhattan lifestyle and moves to Pittsburgh to take over his parents' pub. Byrne is joined by a stellar ensemble cast that includes Christine Ebersole, Brian Doyle-Murray, Jodi Long, Valerie Azlynn, Vivian Bang, Owen Benjamin and Dan Lauria. Sullivan & Son is executive-produced by Vince Vaughn, Peter Billingsley and showrunner Rob Long.
Two more episodes remain on the first season order and will air tomorrow (Sept. 6) and next Thursday (Sept. 13). In addition to the Sullivan & Son and Men at Work second seasons, TBS's slate of original series includes Cougar Town, the popular comedy that's moving to TBS, with the premiere set for early 2013.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February/March)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbrekable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, March 24
Last Man Standing - "Bad Heir Day" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Mike and Vanessa think it’s time for newlyweds Mandy and Kyle to move out, but when Chuck relays some unexpected news about Kyle’s absentee mom, Mike has second thoughts. Meanwhile, Eve tells Ryan that Boyd is making up stories about his Dad’s real job, because he’s embarrassed about being home-schooled.
Dr. Ken - "Clark's Big Surprise" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Ken accidentally finds out that Clark and Connor are planning their surprise wedding, he has to find a way to get everyone to come. But Damona finds out and to get Allison there, she tells her that Ken is going to surprise her by renewing their wedding vows. Guest performances from the Grammy Award-winning band, Train, featuring lead singer Pat Monahan and guitarist Jerry Becker.
Friday, March 24
- Sofia Black-D'Elia (The Mick) - Watch Sofia on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Tracy Morgan (30 Rock/The Tracy Morgan Show) - Tracy is on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Malin Akerman (Trophy Wife/Sin City Saints) - Malin appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Zach Galifianakis (Baskets) - Zach is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Laura Dern (Enlightened) - Laura appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jermaine Fowler (Superior Donuts) - Jermaine is a guest on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Michael Keaton (Working Stiffs/All's Fair) - Michael visits LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly/Samantha Who?) and Ben Falcone (Joey) - Melissa and Ben are guests on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Alfonso Ribeiro (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air/In the House/Silver Spoons) - Alfonso stops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Martha Plimpton (The Real O'Neals/Raising Hope) - Martha appears on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Anthony Anderson (black-ish/Guys with Kids/All About the Andersons) - Anthony chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Carl Reiner (The Dick Van Dyke Show) and Rob Reiner (All in the Family) - Carl and Rob are guests on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Kristen Bell (The Good Place) - Kristen is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. She also joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Jane Fonda (Grace and Frankie) and Lily Tomlin (Grace and Frankie/Malibu Country) - Jane and Lily talk about Grace and Frankie on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Brooklyn Decker (Grace and Frankie/Friends with Better Lives) - Brooklyn talks about Malibu Country on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Rhea Perlman (Cheers/Kirstie) - Rhea talks about Me and My Grandma on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Emma Roberts (Scream Queens/Unfabulous) - Emma talks about The Blackcoat's Daughter on People Now at 8:30am.
- Josh Henderson (One on One) - Josh is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.