Thursday, September 27, 2012
GMC has announced a schedule change. The changes will begin next week - Monday, October 1, 2012. '80s family sitcom Family Ties starring Michael J. Fox, who just presented Outstanding Comedy at the Emmy's earlier this week, will be moving to late night. The sitcom, which also starred Michael Gross, Meredith Baxter, and Justine Bateman, will now air Mon-Thurs nights at 2:00am & 2:30am, replacing inspirational programming. Family Ties will now follow '80s comedies 227 (11pm-12am & 1-2am) and Amen (12-1am). Replacing Family Ties' current weekdays 10am-12pm block will now be an hour each of Sister, Sister and Moesha. Those two sitcoms will continue to also air in their Saturday blocks (Sister, Sister from 9am-1pm and Moesha from 1pm-7pm). So this means those two sitcoms are now also on the weekday schedule. No other schedule changes are being made besides these (10am-12pm and 2-3am).
In the Emmy-nominated Family Ties, a couple who spend the '60s as liberal political activists face the problems of raising a family with children who have strongly conservative views. Emmy Award-winning Michael J. Fox portrayed the iconic sitcom character Alex P. Keaton. Stay with us for further updates. Sha la la la!
Beloved television icon Suzanne Somers returned to TV yesterday with a brand new morning show that promises to change the face of daytime television. The SUZANNE Show is an uncensored peek into the life of one of Hollywood's most passionate personalities, mixing eye-opening health and wellness revelations with glamour and entertainment. The first show aired yesterday, Wednesday, September 26 at 7:00 a.m. (ET/PT) on Lifetime Television. Viewers will soon discover that no topic is off limits; from anti-aging secrets and exercise tips to gadgets and green living, Suzanne tackles each segment with the particular passion and honesty that only she can bring. Special guests this season include Larry King, David Foster, Kathy Griffith, and Fran Drescher.
Like a page from one of her bestselling books, The SUZANNE Show is informative and entertaining, affecting positive change and encouraging viewers to be healthy, fulfilled, and happy. It's a refreshing look at healthcare, entertainment, and lifestyle that is sure to have critics wondering if morning TV will ever be the same again. Awaken your senses every Wednesday morning with The SUZANNE Show at 7:00 a.m., and get more information about the show by visiting www.suzanneTV.com.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February/March)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbrekable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, March 24
Last Man Standing - "Bad Heir Day" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Mike and Vanessa think it’s time for newlyweds Mandy and Kyle to move out, but when Chuck relays some unexpected news about Kyle’s absentee mom, Mike has second thoughts. Meanwhile, Eve tells Ryan that Boyd is making up stories about his Dad’s real job, because he’s embarrassed about being home-schooled.
Dr. Ken - "Clark's Big Surprise" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Ken accidentally finds out that Clark and Connor are planning their surprise wedding, he has to find a way to get everyone to come. But Damona finds out and to get Allison there, she tells her that Ken is going to surprise her by renewing their wedding vows. Guest performances from the Grammy Award-winning band, Train, featuring lead singer Pat Monahan and guitarist Jerry Becker.
Friday, March 24
- Sofia Black-D'Elia (The Mick) - Watch Sofia on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Tracy Morgan (30 Rock/The Tracy Morgan Show) - Tracy is on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Malin Akerman (Trophy Wife/Sin City Saints) - Malin appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Zach Galifianakis (Baskets) - Zach is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Laura Dern (Enlightened) - Laura appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jermaine Fowler (Superior Donuts) - Jermaine is a guest on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Michael Keaton (Working Stiffs/All's Fair) - Michael visits LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly/Samantha Who?) and Ben Falcone (Joey) - Melissa and Ben are guests on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Alfonso Ribeiro (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air/In the House/Silver Spoons) - Alfonso stops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Martha Plimpton (The Real O'Neals/Raising Hope) - Martha appears on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Anthony Anderson (black-ish/Guys with Kids/All About the Andersons) - Anthony chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Carl Reiner (The Dick Van Dyke Show) and Rob Reiner (All in the Family) - Carl and Rob are guests on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Kristen Bell (The Good Place) - Kristen is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. She also joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Jane Fonda (Grace and Frankie) and Lily Tomlin (Grace and Frankie/Malibu Country) - Jane and Lily talk about Grace and Frankie on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Brooklyn Decker (Grace and Frankie/Friends with Better Lives) - Brooklyn talks about Malibu Country on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Rhea Perlman (Cheers/Kirstie) - Rhea talks about Me and My Grandma on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Emma Roberts (Scream Queens/Unfabulous) - Emma talks about The Blackcoat's Daughter on People Now at 8:30am.
- Josh Henderson (One on One) - Josh is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.