Wednesday, August 29, 2012
This September Roseanne will be coming to WE tv, as we mentioned a while back. The deal is non-exclusive so it will remain on Viacom's TV Land (which renewed the series), as it was on the TV Land Fall line-up. The sitcom also airs on NBCUniversal owned cable network Oxygen. We will let you know if Roseanne will remain on Oxygen when we reveal that schedule to you soon. Back to WE tv, the popular '90s family comedy will launch with a weekend marathon on Saturday, Sept. 22 and Sunday, Sept. 23 from 10am-5pm. Then the Connors will join the regular schedule the following day on Monday, Sept. 24 and will air weekdays from 11am-1pm and in the evenings from 6-8pm. Roseanne will also get the primetime block on Monday nights from 8pm-1am. With the addition of Roseanne, the entire weekday schedule is getting revamped and it is for the better. Hit sitcom The Golden Girls will now air weekdays, instead of just Monday nights in primetime, and air weekdays 10-11am and 5-6pm leading into Roseanne. In between the sitcoms, dramas Ghost Whisperer and Charmed will move to afternoons airing back-to-back episodes each from 1-3pm and 3-5pm. Ghost Whisperer will also remain in late nights at 1am. Original series encores remain as well from 2-5am. Back to primetime, Roseanne is the only addition on Monday nights, everything else remains intact from 8pm-1am, such as CSI: Miami on Tuesdays, original series on Wednesdays and Thursdays and movies on Fridays. WE tv airs paid programming from 5-10am, so their day starts at 10am. It's good to see WE tv dedicate their entire daytime line-up (10am-8pm) to acquired series programming now.
View the full WE tv Fall 2012 schedule with the addition of Roseanne. And remember coming in 2013 on WE tv will be... Will & Grace, so more sitcoms are coming. That's what we like to hear! Stay with us for further updates on WE tv and also stay with us for more Roseanne news (like if it will remain on Oxygen or if it will be coming elsewhere...) soon.
Bounce TV will be launched on Fox Television Stations (FTS) MyNetworkTV sub channels in Phoenix, Minneapolis and Orlando. FTS already carries Bounce TV in New York, Los Angeles, Dallas and Baltimore and it is the only digital over-the-air network FTS currently airs. With the addition of the three new FTS markets, Bounce TV will be seen in 17 of the top 20 African American DMAs, 80% of African American homes and over 60% of U.S. television households. Bounce TV provides FTS stations entertainment programming designed for African Americans ages 25-54. The lineup includes a mix of theatrical motion pictures, live sporting events, original series, documentaries, specials, inspirational faith-based programs, off-net series and more. Bounce TV, the nation's fastest-growing network for African Americans, will celebrate its first birthday on Sept. 26. The series even had an original sitcom this past summer titled Family Time starring Omar Gooding.
In addition to the seven FTS markets, Bounce TV is also currently available in Chicago, Atlanta, Washington, D.C., Philadelphia, Houston, Cleveland/Akron, Milwaukee, Charlotte, Cincinnati, Indianapolis, Kansas City, Hartford/New Haven, Norfolk, Dayton, West Palm Beach, Birmingham, Memphis, Louisville and Richmond, VA and other cities with new markets expected to be announced shortly.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January)
12/06 - Family Guy - Season Fourteen
12/13 - American Dad! - Volume 11
12/13 - Newhart - The Complete Seventh Season
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, January 20
Last Man Standing - "A House Divided" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Mike and Vanessa ask newlyweds Mandy and Kyle to tone down their constant displays of affection, Mandy agrees but only if her parents become more discreet in the way they express their feelings to each other. Meanwhile, Kristen gets Eve a gig playing at the Grill, but Ed wants to fire her after a lackluster performance.
Dr. Ken - "A Day in the Life" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Amy (guest star Yvette Nicole Brown), the producer of a documentary health series, follows Ken around to record a typical day at an HMO, giving Ken his big moment in the limelight. But much to Ken’s chagrin, a series of the less than thrilling day-to-day parts of the job at Welltopia leads Ken to doubt his own career choice.
Friday, January 20
- Anthony Anderson (black-ish/Guys with Kids/All About the Andersons) - Catch Anthony on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- JoAnna Garcia Swisher (Reba/Better with You) - JoAnna visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Jim Gaffigan (The Jim Gaffigan Show/My Boys/Welcome to New York) - Jim stops by The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Cristela drops by The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- John Lithgow (3rd Rock from the Sun/Twenty Good Years) - John is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ken Jeong (Dr. Ken/Community) - Ken is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He also appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Nicole Byer (Loosely, Exactly Nicole) - Nicole appears on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Joe Jonas (Jonas L.A.) - Joe guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Bernadette Peters (Mozart in the Jungle/All's Fair) - Bernadette is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Queen Latifah (Living Single) - Queen Latifah is a guest on a repeat of Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Andrew Dice Clay (Bless This House/Hitz) - Andrew stops by Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Johnny Galecki (The Big Bang Theory/Roseanne - Johnny discusses his role in the new film, Rings, and dishes on this season of The Big Bang Theory on the AOL Build Show at 1pm.