Wednesday, August 29, 2012
This September Roseanne will be coming to WE tv, as we mentioned a while back. The deal is non-exclusive so it will remain on Viacom's TV Land (which renewed the series), as it was on the TV Land Fall line-up. The sitcom also airs on NBCUniversal owned cable network Oxygen. We will let you know if Roseanne will remain on Oxygen when we reveal that schedule to you soon. Back to WE tv, the popular '90s family comedy will launch with a weekend marathon on Saturday, Sept. 22 and Sunday, Sept. 23 from 10am-5pm. Then the Connors will join the regular schedule the following day on Monday, Sept. 24 and will air weekdays from 11am-1pm and in the evenings from 6-8pm. Roseanne will also get the primetime block on Monday nights from 8pm-1am. With the addition of Roseanne, the entire weekday schedule is getting revamped and it is for the better. Hit sitcom The Golden Girls will now air weekdays, instead of just Monday nights in primetime, and air weekdays 10-11am and 5-6pm leading into Roseanne. In between the sitcoms, dramas Ghost Whisperer and Charmed will move to afternoons airing back-to-back episodes each from 1-3pm and 3-5pm. Ghost Whisperer will also remain in late nights at 1am. Original series encores remain as well from 2-5am. Back to primetime, Roseanne is the only addition on Monday nights, everything else remains intact from 8pm-1am, such as CSI: Miami on Tuesdays, original series on Wednesdays and Thursdays and movies on Fridays. WE tv airs paid programming from 5-10am, so their day starts at 10am. It's good to see WE tv dedicate their entire daytime line-up (10am-8pm) to acquired series programming now.
View the full WE tv Fall 2012 schedule with the addition of Roseanne. And remember coming in 2013 on WE tv will be... Will & Grace, so more sitcoms are coming. That's what we like to hear! Stay with us for further updates on WE tv and also stay with us for more Roseanne news (like if it will remain on Oxygen or if it will be coming elsewhere...) soon.
Bounce TV will be launched on Fox Television Stations (FTS) MyNetworkTV sub channels in Phoenix, Minneapolis and Orlando. FTS already carries Bounce TV in New York, Los Angeles, Dallas and Baltimore and it is the only digital over-the-air network FTS currently airs. With the addition of the three new FTS markets, Bounce TV will be seen in 17 of the top 20 African American DMAs, 80% of African American homes and over 60% of U.S. television households. Bounce TV provides FTS stations entertainment programming designed for African Americans ages 25-54. The lineup includes a mix of theatrical motion pictures, live sporting events, original series, documentaries, specials, inspirational faith-based programs, off-net series and more. Bounce TV, the nation's fastest-growing network for African Americans, will celebrate its first birthday on Sept. 26. The series even had an original sitcom this past summer titled Family Time starring Omar Gooding.
In addition to the seven FTS markets, Bounce TV is also currently available in Chicago, Atlanta, Washington, D.C., Philadelphia, Houston, Cleveland/Akron, Milwaukee, Charlotte, Cincinnati, Indianapolis, Kansas City, Hartford/New Haven, Norfolk, Dayton, West Palm Beach, Birmingham, Memphis, Louisville and Richmond, VA and other cities with new markets expected to be announced shortly.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (April/May)
04/04 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season
04/11 - Father Knows Best - Season Five
04/11 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Third Season
04/11 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/11 - Veep - The Complete Fifth Season
05/02 - Red, White and Blue Collar Sitcoms - Make TV Great Again
05/09 - ALF - The Complete DVD Collection
05/09 - Divorce - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
05/09 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Second Season
05/16 - The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air - The Complete Series
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, May 22
Angie Tribeca - "License to Drill" (TBS, 10:30PM ET/PT)
Geils lands in trouble when he helps a woman investigate whether her husband is having an affair.
Young & Hungry - "Young & Amnesia" (Freeform, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Gabi attempts to cure Josh's amnesia by re-creating the first time they met.
Baby Daddy - "Daddy's Girl" (Freeform, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Riley is confined to the couch; Ben struggles to answer Emma's questions about her mother.
Monday, May 22
- Chelsea Handler (Are You There, Chelsea?) - Watch Chelsea on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. She chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Kyle Chandler (What About Joan?) - Kyle appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He also talks about Bloodline on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Michaela Watkins (Casual/Trophy Wife) - Michaela is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Seaton Smith (Mulaney) - Seaton stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Nicole Richie (Great News) - Nicole visits Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Nico Tortorella (Younger) - Nico appears on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Kym Whitley (Young & Hungry/Animal Practice/The Parkers) - Kym guest co-hosts The Real, so check your local listings.
- Tichina Arnold (Survivor's Remorse/Happily Divorced/Everybody Hates Chris/Martin) - Tichina appears on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Brenda Strong (The Help/Scorch) - Brenda talks about Supergirl on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Tituss Burgess (Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt) - Tituss joins Clinton Kelly to whip up a delicious delight on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Patti LaBelle (Out All Night) - Patti performs a jazz song from her new album on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- Loretta Devine and Lil Rel Howery (The Carmichael Show) - Loretta and Lil are guests on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 11:30am ET.
- Zoe Lister-Jones (Life in Pieces/Friends with Better Lives/Whitney) - Zoe talks about her new comedy Band Aid on the AOL Build Show 1pm.
- Ellie Reed (Girlboss) - Ellie talks about Girlboss on the AOL Build Show at 5pm.