Monday, August 27, 2012
The Hub Fall 2012 Schedule, Acquires Sliders, Hercules; SAG To Honor Dick Van Dyke With Life Achievement Award
The Hub TV Network has announced some changes to its primetime line-up this Fall. This Labor Day, The Hub TV Network celebrates the holiday with the addition of three popular action-packed series for kids and their parents as well as a chance to win one of six $1,000 back-to-school shopping sprees. On Monday, September 3, the live-action series, Hercules: The Legendary Journeys and Sliders, and the critically lauded Superman: The Animated Series will premiere on The Hub, joining a special Labor Day marathon and sweepstakes for the popular original series The Aquabats! Super Show! The Labor Day marathon (Monday, September 3, noon-3 p.m. ET) will feature six back-to-back episodes of the outrageous comedy-adventure series that follows the greatest crime-fighting rock band ever assembled.
As for the new acquisitions, Sliders will air at 10pm (encore at 4am) from Mondays-Thursdays and features a young genius (Jerry O'Connell, Crossing Jordan) who invents a teleportation device allowing him and his friends to "slide" between parallel worlds, experiencing places that look familiar to their world, but with sometimes vast differences. The series aired from 1995-2000 on Fox (and then later on Sci-Fi). Then, Hercules: The Legendary Journeys will follow at 11pm (encore at 5am) from Mondays-Thursdays and it is an internationally beloved fantasy-action series that features the mythical hero Hercules (Kevin Sorbo, Andromeda) in a time when only one man dared to challenge the gods with a strength the world had never seen before. This series aired from 1995-99 in first-run syndication on weekends. Both Sliders and Hercules: The Legendary Journeys comes from NBCUniversal and New Media Distribution. As for the other acquisition, it will be in non-primetime: Superman: The Animated Series will air 9am every weekday with encores throughout the week (such as weeknights 6:30pm) and follows the legendary superhero in exciting new stories. The series aired from 1996-2000 on the Kids' WB block starring the voices of Tim Daly (Wings, Private Practice) and Dana Delany (Body of Proof, Desperate Housewives).
So what does this mean for The Wonder Years, Laverne & Shirley and Batman, since they currently air Mon-Thurs from 10pm-12am (with 4-6am encores)? They will be off the weekday line-up. In fact, The Wonder Years and Batman will be off the schedule completely. Laverne & Shirley will air late Friday and Saturday nights at 4:00am following an hour of Happy Days, which returns to the schedule, at 3:00am & 3:30am on Friday and Saturday nights. Mork & Mindy will follow and move to these two nights a week at 4:30am. Back to primetime on weeknights, the sitcoms will remain from 8-10pm (encores 2-4am) but Mork & Mindy will not be on Mondays anymore as a Movie will air instead. Sabrina the Teenage Witch will still be on Tuesdays, The Facts of Life on Wednesdays and ALF on Thursdays. On Sunday nights from 8pm-11pm (and an immediate encore from 11pm-2am), Lois & Clark will remain. That drama has done very well for the cable network and perhaps The Hub is banking on Sliders and Hercules: The Legendary Journeys to do the same. Doogie Howser and Family Ties will follow at 2 and 2:30am on Sunday nights, which will now be their only airings during the week. Sabrina will follow in the 3am hour on Sunday nights.
There you have it, the Fall schedule (so far maybe?) for The Hub. View the entire The Hub Fall 2012 schedule for primetime/late night. And stay with us for further updates, as hopefully Batman and The Wonder Years will return sometime soon (if they still have rights?). At least Happy Days, Mork & Mindy and Laverne & Shirley will get to air twice a week in late night and are not completely removed. Stay with us!
Dick Van Dyke, beloved actor, singer, dancer, writer and comedian, will receive SAG-AFTRA's highest honor – the SAG Life Achievement Award for career achievement and humanitarian accomplishment. Van Dyke will be presented the performers union's most prestigious accolade, given annually to an actor who fosters the "finest ideals of the acting profession," at the 19th Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards®, which premieres live on TNT and TBS on Sunday, Jan. 27, 2013, at 8pm ET/7pm CT/6pm MT/5pm PT. Holder of five Emmys®, a Tony® Award and a Grammy®, Van Dyke at 86 still possesses the zest for life that first propelled him into the limelight more than a half-century ago with the Broadway and film versions of Bye Bye Birdie, the seminal '60s situation comedy The Dick Van Dyke Show and the film classic Mary Poppins. Also, Van Dyke's crime solving physician, Dr. Mark Sloan, was introduced in a 1991 episode of Jake and the Fat Man and became the central character in three TV movies before evolving into the CBS series Diagnosis: Murder.
Mike & Molly - "Molly Unleashed" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Molly finds herself at a crossroads with her career, she makes a huge decision. Brian Baumgartner guest stars as Molly’s union rep, James.
The Millers - "Pilot" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Nathan and his sister, Debbie, are upset when their parents announce they’re divorcing after 43 years of marriage. However, that’s nothing compared to the panic they feel when Carol, their intrusive mother, announces that she’s moving in with Nathan, while Tom, their easily distracted father, is moving in with Debbie.
Monday, April 21
- Courteney Cox (Cougar Town/Friends) - Watch Courteney The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Jimmie "J.J." Walker (Good Times) - Jimmie appears on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Billy Bob Thornton (Hears Afire) - Billy Bob is a guest on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- George Lopez (Saint George/George Lopez) - George stops by The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ari Graynor (Bad Teacher) - Ari visits The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Marlon Wayans (The Wayans Bros.) - Marlon is a guest on @midnight at midnight on Comedy Central.
- Bob Saget (How I Met Your Mother/Full House) - Bob is part of the guest panel on Chelsea Lately on E! at 11pm.
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt (3rd Rock from the Sun) - Joseph appears on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Gillian Jacobs (Community) - Tune in to see Gillian on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Paul Scheer (The League) - Paul is a guest on a repeat of The Pete Holmes Show at midnight on TBS.
- Christopher Meloni (Surviving Jack/The Fanelli Boys) - Christopher drops by The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Brooklyn Decker, Majandra Delfino and Zoe Lister-Jones (Friends with Better Lives) - The women of Friends with Better Lives are guests on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT. Zoe will also be on Pop Sugar Now on TV Guide Network at 6pm and on the next day on their website at noon.
- Drew Carey (The Drew Carey Show/The Good Life) - Drew visits The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Andre Braugher (Brooklyn Nine-Nine) - Andre will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Kirstie Alley (Kirstie/Veronica's Closet/Cheers) - Kirstie throws down a figure-friendly chicken dinner on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Ted Lange (The Love Boat) - Ted is a guest on a repeat of The Better Show, so check your local listings.
- Brittany Daniel (The Game/That '80s Show) - Brittany shares her story of triumph over non-Hodgkins lymphoma on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Beau Bridges (The Millers) - Beau appears on The Queen Latifah Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Toni Colette (United States of Tara) - Toni will be on HuffPost Live.
- Thomas Haden Church (Wings) - Thomas is a guest on HuffPost Live.
- Sofia Vergara (Modern Family/Hot Properties/The Knights of Prosperity) - Sofia visits ABC's Good Morning America between 7-9am.
- James Van Der Beek (Friends with Better Lives/Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23) - James will be on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Holly Robinson Peete (Hangin' with Mr. Cooper/For Your Love) - Holly hosts the Plugged In panel on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.