Tuesday, June 05, 2012
MeTV, GSN Pay Tribute to Richard Dawson With Marathons; Just My Show Interviews CHiPs Star Larry Wilcox
MeTV Network is celebrating the life and career of Richard Dawson with a Hogan's Heroes special on Saturday, June 9. The episodes feature Dawson's character, Corporal Peter Newkirk, as he navigates the perils of war with his fellow POWs. The two episodes will air back-to-back at 6:00 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. on its regular night and times on MeTV Network. Too bad we don't get more than two episodes, but this is at least something! Last night, Richard Dawson was remembered on MeTV with an episode of The Dick Van Dyke Show at 8:30pm with the episode "Racy Tracy Rattigan," where he played British actor Tracy Rattigan.
GSN (Game Show Network) announced that the network will pay tribute to iconic television host and actor Richard Dawson with a special tribute and a marathon of Dawson's most iconic episodes as host of Family Feud and as a panelist on Match Game. Dawson passed away in Los Angeles on Saturday, June 2, 2012, as we reported. The remembrance of Dawson will air through Thursday during the network's broadcasts of Family Feud and Match Game. The Richard Dawson marathon will air on Thursday, June 7, from 7:00pm-11:00pm (ET). Both series regularly air back-to-back weekday mornings at 8:00am & 8:30am.
As for the special marathon on Thursday, we will see four classic Feud half-hour episodes and two classic Match Games half-hour episodes from 7-10pm. At 10pm, GSN will air the first episode of the return of Richard Dawson on the new one-hour Family Feud in 1994, when he replaced the late Ray Combs.
Our good friend Eric of the Just My Show podcast has released his new episode. Special guest Larry Wilcox from CHiPs is on the show to celebrate the classic motorcycle cop series' 35th anniversary! Larry Wilcox of course played Erik Estrada's strait-laced partner, Officer Jonathan "Jon" Baker. Get the real story behind the show's scary motorcycle stunts, his relationship with series co-star Erik Estrada and the big upcoming CHiPs anniversary event this Fall. With a special appearance by Seven Mary Three's Casey Daniel. Plus, Arsenio Hall's comeback, the remote control and much more in the latest edition of New News About Old Stuff. CHiPs aired on NBC from 1977-1983.
So without further adieu, listen to the Larry Wilcox podcast!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January)
12/06 - Family Guy - Season Fourteen
12/13 - American Dad! - Volume 11
12/13 - Newhart - The Complete Seventh Season
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, January 21
The Thundermans - "Better Off Wed" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
The kids learn that Dr. Colosso ruined their parents' wedding years earlier, and want to recreate Hank & Barb's dream day as their anniversary gift. However, Dr. Colosso remains a threat, and they must keep their plans a secret.
Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn - "Keeping Up with the Quadashians" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After binge watching their favorite reality TV show, the Quads decide their lives are every bit as "reality TV" worthy, and decide to make a show of their own. Guest Stars: Maddie Ziegler, Mackenzie Ziegler
School of Rock - "Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Tomika and Zack work on a love song together, leading to a moment that will change their friendship forever. Summer and Lawrence hang out together for the first time, and Freddy helps Mr. Finn with a problem.
Saturday, January 21
- Phylicia Rashad (The Cosby Show/Cosby) - Phylicia will be featured on Oprah: Where Are They Now? at 10pm ET/PT on OWN.
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - Catch NeNe on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Watch Allison on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- William Shatner ($h*! My Dad Says) and Henry Winkler (Happy Days/Arrested Development/Out of Practice) - William and Henry are guests on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Kevin Nealon (Man with a Plan/Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Jade Catta-Preta (Manhattan Love Story) - Jade is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Wendi McClendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi stops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Cristela chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Tika appears on The Real, so check your local listings.
- Justina Machado (One Day at a Time) - Justina will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry and Rebecca Romjin talk about Love Locks on NBC's Today in the 9am hour. Jerry will also be on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT and on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Retta (Parks and Recreation) - Retta talks about Girlfriend's Guide to Divorce on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.