Tuesday, June 05, 2012
MeTV, GSN Pay Tribute to Richard Dawson With Marathons; Just My Show Interviews CHiPs Star Larry Wilcox
MeTV Network is celebrating the life and career of Richard Dawson with a Hogan's Heroes special on Saturday, June 9. The episodes feature Dawson's character, Corporal Peter Newkirk, as he navigates the perils of war with his fellow POWs. The two episodes will air back-to-back at 6:00 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. on its regular night and times on MeTV Network. Too bad we don't get more than two episodes, but this is at least something! Last night, Richard Dawson was remembered on MeTV with an episode of The Dick Van Dyke Show at 8:30pm with the episode "Racy Tracy Rattigan," where he played British actor Tracy Rattigan.
GSN (Game Show Network) announced that the network will pay tribute to iconic television host and actor Richard Dawson with a special tribute and a marathon of Dawson's most iconic episodes as host of Family Feud and as a panelist on Match Game. Dawson passed away in Los Angeles on Saturday, June 2, 2012, as we reported. The remembrance of Dawson will air through Thursday during the network's broadcasts of Family Feud and Match Game. The Richard Dawson marathon will air on Thursday, June 7, from 7:00pm-11:00pm (ET). Both series regularly air back-to-back weekday mornings at 8:00am & 8:30am.
As for the special marathon on Thursday, we will see four classic Feud half-hour episodes and two classic Match Games half-hour episodes from 7-10pm. At 10pm, GSN will air the first episode of the return of Richard Dawson on the new one-hour Family Feud in 1994, when he replaced the late Ray Combs.
Our good friend Eric of the Just My Show podcast has released his new episode. Special guest Larry Wilcox from CHiPs is on the show to celebrate the classic motorcycle cop series' 35th anniversary! Larry Wilcox of course played Erik Estrada's strait-laced partner, Officer Jonathan "Jon" Baker. Get the real story behind the show's scary motorcycle stunts, his relationship with series co-star Erik Estrada and the big upcoming CHiPs anniversary event this Fall. With a special appearance by Seven Mary Three's Casey Daniel. Plus, Arsenio Hall's comeback, the remote control and much more in the latest edition of New News About Old Stuff. CHiPs aired on NBC from 1977-1983.
So without further adieu, listen to the Larry Wilcox podcast!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, October 23
The Simpsons - "Treehouse of Horror XXVI" (Fox, 7:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
In an encore of last season’s Halloween episode, Sideshow Bob finally kills Bart, only to reanimate him; Homer wakes up with short-term memory loss; and Lisa, Bart, and Milhouse get super powers from radiation.
Bob's Burgers - "Teen-a-Witch" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT)
With Halloween quickly approaching, Tina reveals her brilliant idea that will finally win her first place in the annual costume contest. When Tammy steals her idea, Tina is forced to seek the help of Mr. Ambrose, who leads her to alternate and other-worldly methods of winning. Meanwhile, Bob is on a mission to figure out who is stealing his perfectly crafted pumpkins.
The Simpsons - "Trust But Clarify" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Lisa and Bart investigate Krusty’s suspicious new “Krustaceans” candy. Meanwhile, Homer wants a promotion at the nuclear plant and asks Marge to help him dress the part, and news anchor Kent Brockman struggles to find his feet in the changing media world.
Son of Zorn - "A Taste of Zephyria" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After learning how Zephyria is depicted in the media, Zorn attempts to teach Alan about his culture. Meanwhile, Edie wages war with her new neighbors over their talking garden gnome.
Family Guy - "Inside Family Guy" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
FAMILY GUY takes viewers behind the scenes of a regular “FAMILY GUY” production week, with James Woods as the guide. See the ins-and-outs of what goes into the making of a “FAMILY GUY” episode and watch the drama unfold as Peter is replaced and ends up in the office of Fox Television Group Chairmen and CEOs Dana Walden and Gary Newman to pitch his very own new series.
The Last Man on Earth - "Five Hoda Kotbs" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
A post-apocalyptic road trip has everyone at war with each other and Gail is really pushed to her breaking point.
Bizaardvark - "Spoiler Alert: Belissa Returns" (Disney Channel, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Paige and Frankie hit a writing slump and other bad things start happening to them, Paige begins to think they are cursed; Amelia and Dirk are at odds when the lifestyle Diva declutters the Dare Lair.
Sunday, October 23
- Patti LaBelle (Out All Night) - Catch Patti on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Ricky Gervais (The Office) - Watch Ricky on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) - Tom appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also talks about Inferno on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Elijah Wood (Wilfred) - Elijah is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ana Gasteyer (People of Earth/Lady Dynamite/Suburgatory) - Ana visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Nick Offerman (Parks and Recreation) - Nick stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Ron appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Zooey Deschanel (New Girl) - Zooey is a guest on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Michael Chiklis (Daddio) - Michael drops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Jameela Jamil (The Good Place) - Jameela appears on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Aya Cash (You're the Worst) - Aya talks about You're the Worst on the AOL Build ShoW at 2pm. She will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Will is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Mary Steenburgen (The Last Man on Earth/Ink) - Mary talks about The Last Man on Earth on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. She will also be on the AOL Build Show at 12:30pm.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna talks about Good Girls Revolt on People Now at 8:30am.
- James Brolin (Life in Pieces) - James is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.