Monday, June 11, 2012
Later this summer the Summer Olympic games will air for a little over two weeks and will dominate the TV landscape on Universal-owned networks. One Universal-owned network however will not run the Olympic games and instead will air all-day 24-hour movie and series marathons during The Olympics from July 27 to August 12! Now that's COOL and the way we like it! That network is Cloo (formerly known as Sleuth). On Friday, July 27, 2012 beginning at 6am ET, a "Cloo Classic Olympics" marathon featuring classic Paramount sitcoms The Odd Couple, Bosom Buddies, Taxi, Mork & Mindy, Laverne & Shirley, Happy Days, Family Ties and Get Smart kicks-off the two-week stunt on Opening Day of The Olympics. This is a REAL treat as only Get Smart has aired on the network in the past with two mini-marathons. Check out the episode info for the sitcom marathon below. After a marathon of Psych on Saturday and movies on Sunday, the classics return on Monday, July 30! Monday has a "Cloo Classic Olympics" MacGyver marathon, another Paramount series. On Tuesday, July 31, it's a "Cloo Classic Olympics" T.J. Hooker marathon, which is being borrowed from sister network Universal HD.
Marathons of Law & Order: SVU, Law & Order: CI, House and "Cloo Classics" (including fan favorite Mannix, which has had success in marathon form on Cloo) continue in August during The Olympics. We will have more on the August portion in the coming weeks, so check back with us! Looks like some more cool "Cloo Classics" marathons are to come! I'm betting we see a Charlie's Angels marathon in there, but if you can't wait for one, Universal HD will air a 4th of July marathon of the classic '70s series on Tuesday, July 3 from 6am-6am! But back to Cloo, as we said, we will have more on the August marathons soon!
For now view the episode info for the must-see sitcom marathon on Friday, July 27!
It's hot as Schmidt this summer, so Fox is celebrating the breakout comedy hit with the New Girl True American Summer Bus Tour, a fun-filled fan experience traveling to 19 cities across the U.S. that began this past Friday in Boston, MA, at locations around historic Faneuil Hall, Downtown Crossing and Beacon Hill, as well as Crane Beach, Revere Beach and the UMass Boston campus. The tour lands in New York City, Wednesday, June 13 to Thursday, June 14; Philadelphia on Friday, June 15; and the Jersey Shore on Saturday, June 16. The full list of tour stops is below. Throughout the summer, the party school bus that Jess borrowed for Schmidt's birthday will tour the country, appearing at such hot spots as concerts, bars and beaches. Stop by the bus to party like a "True American," watch exclusive videos, and receive a grab bag of cool New Girl gifts, including your very own pair of Jess' signature eyeglasses. Plus, create your own New Girl T-shirt with logos and catchphrases from the show, like "Pink Wine Makes Me Slutty" or "Schmidt Happens." Fans and their friends can reenact the show's opening theme song segment in a one-of-a-kind photo which they can share on their social media sites. Visitors also can play "douchebag jar" pong for additional prizes, all while snacking on Jess' famous cupcakes!
For more information and specific locations, head over to www.facebook.com/newgirlonFOX and www.facebook.com/newgirlsummertour. Follow the tour on Twitter @NewGirlonFOX and join the discussion at #NewGirlBusTour.
New York City
Wednesday, June 13:
10:00 AM-3:00 PM - South Street Seaport
6:30-10:00 PM - Three Sheets Saloon (134 West 3rd Street, NYC)
Thursday, June 14
10:00 AM-3:00 PM - Rockaway Beach and Long Beach
6:30-10:00 PM - Off The Wagon (109 Macdougal St, NYC)
The New Girl True American Summer Bus Tour will continue in the following cities:
Philadelphia, PA June 15
Jersey Shore, NJ June 16
Charlotte, NC June 18-19
Atlanta, GA June 22-24
Orlando, FL June 28
Tampa, FL June 29-30
Miami, FL July 3-5
Chicago, IL July 12-15
Oklahoma City, OK July 20-22
Dallas, TX July 25-26
Austin, TX July 27-28
Phoenix, AZ Aug. 3
Las Vegas, NV Aug. 4-5
San Diego, CA Aug. 10-12
Los Angeles, CA Aug. 15-19
San Francisco, CA Aug. 24-26
Seattle, WA Aug. 31-Sept. 3
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February/March)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbrekable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, March 26
The Simpsons - "Dad Behavior" (Fox, 7:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Homer finds a new app that makes his life much easier and outsources his father-son bonding. Meanwhile, Grampa finds that he is about to be a father again.
Bob's Burgers - "Aquaticism" / "Ain't Miss Debatin'" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT)
When Tina learns that the aquarium is in danger of closing, the Belcher children devise a scheme to keep it running. Meanwhile, Bob realizes that he could learn a thing or two from Linda’s customer service skills. Then, when Tina is recruited by the debate team, she finds unexpected success and an even more unexpected relationship. Meanwhile, Louise and Gene convince their parents to help fund a stop-motion movie focusing on a surprising subject matter.
Making History - "Chadwick's Angels" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
In need of a victory, the trio heads back to the 1990s to give Dan another shot at his childhood dream: finishing the infamous “Bellybuster” ice cream sundae at a local parlor. As Deb bonds with the parlor’s owner, Chris is on a mission to save a life in honor of his late British friend. But all of their plans are derailed when Dan runs into the bully that tormented him.
Family Guy - "Peter's Lost Youth" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Peter gets jealous of Lois when she upstages him at a Red Sox fantasy baseball camp. Meanwhile, Stewie runs away from home when Meg is left to babysit him.
The Last Man on Earth - "Find This Thing We Need To" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Carol makes a big discovery, enlisting Tandy and Erica to help her track down some answers. Meanwhile, Todd has a major breakthrough with Melissa.
Sunday, March 26
- Sanaa Lathan (Family Guy/The Cleveland Show/LateLine) - Catch Sanaa on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Chris on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Richard Dreyfuss (Your Family or Mine) - Richard appears on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Lily Tomlin (Grace and Frankie/Malibu Country) and Jane Fonda (Grace and Frankie) - Lily and Jane are guests on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. They also chat with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Craig Ferguson (The Drew Carey Show) - Craig visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He will also be on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Rachel Dratch (Imaginary Mary) - Rachel is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Pete Holmes (Crashing) - Pete stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jenna Elfman (Imaginary Mary/1600 Penn/Accidentally on Purpose/Courting Alex/Dharma & Greg) - Jenna appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Ron Funches (Powerless/Undateable) - Ron is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Kaitlin Olson (The Mick/It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia) - Kaitlin drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Wendi McLendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi appears on a repeat of Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) - Lisa is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Mark Consuelos (Alpha House/Hope & Faith) - Mark guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Tahj Mowry, Derek Theler and Jean-Luc Bilodeau (Baby Daddy) - Tahj, Derek and Jean-Luc are guests on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Tika appears on a repeat of The Real, so check your local listings.
- Vanessa Bell Calloway (Rhythm & Blues) - Vanessa is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- June Diane Raphael (Grace and Frankie) - June talks about Grace and Frankie on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly/Samantha Who?) and Ben Falcone (Joey) - Melissa and Ben talk TV Land's Nobodies on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Brooklyn Decker (Grace and Frankie/Friends with Better Lives) - Brookyln stops by People Now at 8:30am.
- Marcia Gay Harden (Trophy Wife) - Marcia opens up about her favorite part of being in the 50 Shades movies on People Now at 8:30am. \
- Tracee Ellis Ross (black-ish/Girlfriends) - Tracee dishes about her Golden Globe win on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 2am on BET or on your local stations.