Monday, June 11, 2012
Later this summer the Summer Olympic games will air for a little over two weeks and will dominate the TV landscape on Universal-owned networks. One Universal-owned network however will not run the Olympic games and instead will air all-day 24-hour movie and series marathons during The Olympics from July 27 to August 12! Now that's COOL and the way we like it! That network is Cloo (formerly known as Sleuth). On Friday, July 27, 2012 beginning at 6am ET, a "Cloo Classic Olympics" marathon featuring classic Paramount sitcoms The Odd Couple, Bosom Buddies, Taxi, Mork & Mindy, Laverne & Shirley, Happy Days, Family Ties and Get Smart kicks-off the two-week stunt on Opening Day of The Olympics. This is a REAL treat as only Get Smart has aired on the network in the past with two mini-marathons. Check out the episode info for the sitcom marathon below. After a marathon of Psych on Saturday and movies on Sunday, the classics return on Monday, July 30! Monday has a "Cloo Classic Olympics" MacGyver marathon, another Paramount series. On Tuesday, July 31, it's a "Cloo Classic Olympics" T.J. Hooker marathon, which is being borrowed from sister network Universal HD.
Marathons of Law & Order: SVU, Law & Order: CI, House and "Cloo Classics" (including fan favorite Mannix, which has had success in marathon form on Cloo) continue in August during The Olympics. We will have more on the August portion in the coming weeks, so check back with us! Looks like some more cool "Cloo Classics" marathons are to come! I'm betting we see a Charlie's Angels marathon in there, but if you can't wait for one, Universal HD will air a 4th of July marathon of the classic '70s series on Tuesday, July 3 from 6am-6am! But back to Cloo, as we said, we will have more on the August marathons soon!
For now view the episode info for the must-see sitcom marathon on Friday, July 27!
It's hot as Schmidt this summer, so Fox is celebrating the breakout comedy hit with the New Girl True American Summer Bus Tour, a fun-filled fan experience traveling to 19 cities across the U.S. that began this past Friday in Boston, MA, at locations around historic Faneuil Hall, Downtown Crossing and Beacon Hill, as well as Crane Beach, Revere Beach and the UMass Boston campus. The tour lands in New York City, Wednesday, June 13 to Thursday, June 14; Philadelphia on Friday, June 15; and the Jersey Shore on Saturday, June 16. The full list of tour stops is below. Throughout the summer, the party school bus that Jess borrowed for Schmidt's birthday will tour the country, appearing at such hot spots as concerts, bars and beaches. Stop by the bus to party like a "True American," watch exclusive videos, and receive a grab bag of cool New Girl gifts, including your very own pair of Jess' signature eyeglasses. Plus, create your own New Girl T-shirt with logos and catchphrases from the show, like "Pink Wine Makes Me Slutty" or "Schmidt Happens." Fans and their friends can reenact the show's opening theme song segment in a one-of-a-kind photo which they can share on their social media sites. Visitors also can play "douchebag jar" pong for additional prizes, all while snacking on Jess' famous cupcakes!
For more information and specific locations, head over to www.facebook.com/newgirlonFOX and www.facebook.com/newgirlsummertour. Follow the tour on Twitter @NewGirlonFOX and join the discussion at #NewGirlBusTour.
New York City
Wednesday, June 13:
10:00 AM-3:00 PM - South Street Seaport
6:30-10:00 PM - Three Sheets Saloon (134 West 3rd Street, NYC)
Thursday, June 14
10:00 AM-3:00 PM - Rockaway Beach and Long Beach
6:30-10:00 PM - Off The Wagon (109 Macdougal St, NYC)
The New Girl True American Summer Bus Tour will continue in the following cities:
Philadelphia, PA June 15
Jersey Shore, NJ June 16
Charlotte, NC June 18-19
Atlanta, GA June 22-24
Orlando, FL June 28
Tampa, FL June 29-30
Miami, FL July 3-5
Chicago, IL July 12-15
Oklahoma City, OK July 20-22
Dallas, TX July 25-26
Austin, TX July 27-28
Phoenix, AZ Aug. 3
Las Vegas, NV Aug. 4-5
San Diego, CA Aug. 10-12
Los Angeles, CA Aug. 15-19
San Francisco, CA Aug. 24-26
Seattle, WA Aug. 31-Sept. 3
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, October 23
The Simpsons - "Treehouse of Horror XXVI" (Fox, 7:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
In an encore of last season’s Halloween episode, Sideshow Bob finally kills Bart, only to reanimate him; Homer wakes up with short-term memory loss; and Lisa, Bart, and Milhouse get super powers from radiation.
Bob's Burgers - "Teen-a-Witch" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT)
With Halloween quickly approaching, Tina reveals her brilliant idea that will finally win her first place in the annual costume contest. When Tammy steals her idea, Tina is forced to seek the help of Mr. Ambrose, who leads her to alternate and other-worldly methods of winning. Meanwhile, Bob is on a mission to figure out who is stealing his perfectly crafted pumpkins.
The Simpsons - "Trust But Clarify" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Lisa and Bart investigate Krusty’s suspicious new “Krustaceans” candy. Meanwhile, Homer wants a promotion at the nuclear plant and asks Marge to help him dress the part, and news anchor Kent Brockman struggles to find his feet in the changing media world.
Son of Zorn - "A Taste of Zephyria" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After learning how Zephyria is depicted in the media, Zorn attempts to teach Alan about his culture. Meanwhile, Edie wages war with her new neighbors over their talking garden gnome.
Family Guy - "Inside Family Guy" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
FAMILY GUY takes viewers behind the scenes of a regular “FAMILY GUY” production week, with James Woods as the guide. See the ins-and-outs of what goes into the making of a “FAMILY GUY” episode and watch the drama unfold as Peter is replaced and ends up in the office of Fox Television Group Chairmen and CEOs Dana Walden and Gary Newman to pitch his very own new series.
The Last Man on Earth - "Five Hoda Kotbs" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
A post-apocalyptic road trip has everyone at war with each other and Gail is really pushed to her breaking point.
Bizaardvark - "Spoiler Alert: Belissa Returns" (Disney Channel, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Paige and Frankie hit a writing slump and other bad things start happening to them, Paige begins to think they are cursed; Amelia and Dirk are at odds when the lifestyle Diva declutters the Dare Lair.
Sunday, October 23
- Patti LaBelle (Out All Night) - Catch Patti on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Ricky Gervais (The Office) - Watch Ricky on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) - Tom appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also talks about Inferno on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Elijah Wood (Wilfred) - Elijah is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ana Gasteyer (People of Earth/Lady Dynamite/Suburgatory) - Ana visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Nick Offerman (Parks and Recreation) - Nick stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Ron appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Zooey Deschanel (New Girl) - Zooey is a guest on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Michael Chiklis (Daddio) - Michael drops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Jameela Jamil (The Good Place) - Jameela appears on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Aya Cash (You're the Worst) - Aya talks about You're the Worst on the AOL Build ShoW at 2pm. She will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Will is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Mary Steenburgen (The Last Man on Earth/Ink) - Mary talks about The Last Man on Earth on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. She will also be on the AOL Build Show at 12:30pm.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna talks about Good Girls Revolt on People Now at 8:30am.
- James Brolin (Life in Pieces) - James is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.