Wednesday, April 11, 2012
TV Land announced that the cast and show creator behind the cutting-edge and witty CBS series, Murphy Brown – Candice Bergen, Faith Ford, Joe Regalbuto, Charles Kimbrough, Grant Shaud and Diane English – will be honored with the Impact Award at the TV Land Awards 10th Anniversary celebration, taping this Saturday, April 14 at the Lexington Avenue Armory at Gramercy Park in New York City. Previously announced honorees include In Living Color (which now includes former Fly Girl Carrie Ann Inaba), Laverne & Shirley, One Day At A Time, Pee-wee's Playhouse and Aretha Franklin. The TV Land Awards 10th Anniversary will air on Sunday, April 29 at 9pm ET/PT. The 90-minute telecast is hosted by Kelly Ripa.
Additionally, TV Land announced presenters for the show, including esteemed journalist and news anchor Katie Couric from ABC News and actress Fran Drescher, who will be on hand to pay homage to some of television and music's biggest stars. More presenters will be announced in the coming days. In addition, three-time GRAMMY® Award-nominated music group The B-52s will set the mood for the evening, rocking out as the house band for the 10th anniversary show. As for Murphy Brown, the recipient of this year's Impact Award, it infused hot topic current events and shined a light on real-life career and personal issues. The revolutionary show starred Emmy® and Golden Globe® Award-winning actress Candice Bergen as title character Murphy Brown, a reporter for successful primetime news show FYI. With the help of her friends and co-workers – Frank Fontana (Joe Regalbuto), Corky Sherwood (Faith Ford), Jim Dial (Charles Kimbrough) and Miles Silverberg (Grant Shaud) – Murphy was a star journalist who truly had it all, even becoming a single mother later in the series. The show created some of the most memorable episodes with help from guest stars and fellow TV Land Awards honorees and presenters Aretha Franklin and Katie Couric. Murphy Brown aired on CBS from 1988 to 1998.
The votes are in, and TV Guide Magazine has announced the winners of the 2012 Fan Favorites Awards, celebrating the best shows and stars in television. The winning shows and actors received personalized trophies and will be featured in the April 16 issue of TV Guide Magazine, on newsstands tomorrow (Thursday, April 12). Fans cast more than 200,000 votes on the TV Guide Magazine Facebook page during the two week voting period, coming back each day as a new category was added to make sure to keep their favorites in the lead. After voting, fans were invited to submit their email address to enter a sweepstakes to win a trip to the TV Guide Magazine 2012 Hot List party in Los Angeles.
The winners of the TV Guide Magazine 2012 Fan Favorites Awards are:
Michael C. Hall (Dexter, Showtime)
Zooey Deschanel (New Girl, Fox)
Tim Allen (Last Man Standing, ABC)
Favorite Train Wreck
Toddler & Tiaras, TLC
Favorite Singing Competition
The Voice, NBC
Favorite Horror Show
Supernatural, The CW
Evil Queen (Lana Parrilla, Once Upon a Time)
Favorite New Show
Once Upon a Time, ABC
Favorite TV Foodie
Gordon Ramsay (Hell's Kitchen/Kitchen Nightmares, Fox)
Castle and Beckett (Nathan Fillion and Stana Katic, Castle, ABC)
Favorite Guilty Pleasure
Ringer, The CW
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, October 28
Bunk'd - "Treehouse of Terror" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Zuri, Jorge and Tiffany enlist the support of an unexpected camper to help restore an abandoned treehouse, so they can use it as a new hangout; Emma and Lou and Ravi and Xander get competitive during a friendly game of billiards.
Tyler Perry's For Better or Worse - "Do What You Gotta Do" (OWN, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Joseph experiences an episode of sexual frustration due to Leslie's vow of chastity.
Friday, October 28
- John Lithgow (3rd Rock from the Sun/Twenty Good Years) - Watch John on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Drew Carey (The Drew Carey Show/The Good Life) - Drew visits on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also talks about The Price is Right on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Kevin Hart (The Big House/Undeclared) - Kevin appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Terry Crews (Brooklyn Nine-Nine?/Are We There Yet?/Everybody Hates Chris) - Terry is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ricky Gervais (The Office) - Ricky stops by LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Colin Hanks (Life in Pieces) - Colin joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Melissa Joan Hart (Melissa & Joey/Sabrina, the Teenage Witch/Clarissa Explains It All) - Melissa looks back at her earliest memories on Clarissa Explains It All – and says she was really bossy on People Now at 8:30am.
- Damon Wayans (My Wife and Kids) - Damon is a guest on The Real, so check your local listings.