Wednesday, April 04, 2012
10th TV Land Awards Adds Tribute To In Living Color; Fox Burns Off I Hate My Teenage Daughter In June
TV Land announced that the cast of the trailblazing Fox series In Living Color – Keenen Ivory Wayans, Jim Carrey, David Alan Grier, Shawn Wayans, Marlon Wayans, Tommy Davidson, Kelly Coffield Park, Kim Wayans and T'Keyah Crystal Keymah – will be honored with the Groundbreaking Award at the TV Land Awards 10th Anniversary celebration, taping Saturday, April 14 at the Lexington Avenue Armory at Gramercy Park in New York City. Additional cast members are expected to join. Previously announced honorees include Laverne & Shirley, One Day at a Time, Pee-wee's Playhouse and Aretha Franklin. The TV Land Awards 10th Anniversary will air on Sunday, April 29 at 9pm ET/PT.
The Emmy® Award-winning series In Living Color, which aired from 1990 to 1994, was written by, created by and starred Keenen Ivory Wayans, and also featured Jim Carrey, Tommy Davidson, Shawn Wayans, Marlon Wayans, Kelly Coffield Park, Kim Wayans, T'Keyah Crystal Keymah and David Alan Grier. Receiving the aptly-named Groundbreaking Award at this year's TV Land Awards ceremony, the sketch comedy series was the first of its kind to break down barriers and feature a predominantly African-American cast. As the theme song suggested, the show where "you could do what you want to do" was full of unbridled creative energy, resulting in edgy and hilarious characters like Homey D. Clown, Fire Marshall Bill, Wanda, and Vera De Milo. The show coined as the first diverse hip-hop comedy, dance-sketch series on television by Entertainment Weekly also featured some of the greatest R&B and Hip-Hop musical artists of the 90s who frequently performed on the In Living Color stage. The series also starred gifted comedians Damon Wayans and Jamie Foxx.
The TV Land Awards pays tribute to classic and contemporary luminaries of television, music and movies. The 90-minute telecast hosted by Kelly Ripa will feature exhilarating musical performances and will reunite some of the most iconic celebrity TV casts.
Fox has announced it plans on airing the remaining episodes of new sitcom I Hate My Teenage Daughter, which was pulled recently on Tuesday nights. The sitcom has six episodes left out of its thirteen episode order. Fox will air them on Sunday nights from 7-8pm this June for three weeks on June 3, 10 and 17. Animation will return on June 24 with repeats of American Dad and Cleveland Show set to air in the 7pm hour. Fox also said they will air repeats of I Hate My Teenage Daughter on its Saturday night late night block starting June 2. The sitcom will air repeats on Saturday nights at 12am, replacing repeats of New Girl. Repeats of The Finder will remain at 11pm on Saturday nights, which will start May 5.
One more Fox note, they will reair the Fox 25th Anniversary Special on Sunday, June 24 from 8-10pm if you miss it later this month (April 22) when it premieres.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February/March)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbrekable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, March 24
Last Man Standing - "Bad Heir Day" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Mike and Vanessa think it’s time for newlyweds Mandy and Kyle to move out, but when Chuck relays some unexpected news about Kyle’s absentee mom, Mike has second thoughts. Meanwhile, Eve tells Ryan that Boyd is making up stories about his Dad’s real job, because he’s embarrassed about being home-schooled.
Dr. Ken - "Clark's Big Surprise" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Ken accidentally finds out that Clark and Connor are planning their surprise wedding, he has to find a way to get everyone to come. But Damona finds out and to get Allison there, she tells her that Ken is going to surprise her by renewing their wedding vows. Guest performances from the Grammy Award-winning band, Train, featuring lead singer Pat Monahan and guitarist Jerry Becker.
Friday, March 24
- Sofia Black-D'Elia (The Mick) - Watch Sofia on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Tracy Morgan (30 Rock/The Tracy Morgan Show) - Tracy is on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Malin Akerman (Trophy Wife/Sin City Saints) - Malin appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Zach Galifianakis (Baskets) - Zach is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Laura Dern (Enlightened) - Laura appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jermaine Fowler (Superior Donuts) - Jermaine is a guest on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Michael Keaton (Working Stiffs/All's Fair) - Michael visits LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly/Samantha Who?) and Ben Falcone (Joey) - Melissa and Ben are guests on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Alfonso Ribeiro (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air/In the House/Silver Spoons) - Alfonso stops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Martha Plimpton (The Real O'Neals/Raising Hope) - Martha appears on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Anthony Anderson (black-ish/Guys with Kids/All About the Andersons) - Anthony chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Carl Reiner (The Dick Van Dyke Show) and Rob Reiner (All in the Family) - Carl and Rob are guests on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Kristen Bell (The Good Place) - Kristen is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. She also joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Jane Fonda (Grace and Frankie) and Lily Tomlin (Grace and Frankie/Malibu Country) - Jane and Lily talk about Grace and Frankie on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Brooklyn Decker (Grace and Frankie/Friends with Better Lives) - Brooklyn talks about Malibu Country on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Rhea Perlman (Cheers/Kirstie) - Rhea talks about Me and My Grandma on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Emma Roberts (Scream Queens/Unfabulous) - Emma talks about The Blackcoat's Daughter on People Now at 8:30am.
- Josh Henderson (One on One) - Josh is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.