Friday, March 23, 2012
10 days ago we told you about TBS scheduling their original sitcom Men at Work for Thursdays at 10pm starting May 24, but now they have announced a premiere date for their second original sitcom! Thursdays are about to get funnier than ever. In addition to buddy comedy Men at Work, starring Danny Masterson, TBS's new workplace comedy Sullivan & Son, starring popular comedian Steve Byrne, will take over the same timeslot when it premieres Thursday, July 19, at 10 pm (ET/PT). The announcement comes just as TBS claims an important victory as basic cable's #1 network with adults 18-34 and adults 18-49 in primetime.
Sullivan & Son, which is executive-produced by Vince Vaughn, Peter Billingsley and show-runner Rob Long (Cheers), takes place in a popular bar in a working-class Pittsburgh neighborhood. Filled with locals and regulars, the establishment known as Sullivan & Son serves as the unofficial "town hall" for the neighborhood. As the series opens, Steve Sullivan (Byrne) is a successful corporate attorney from New York who brings his girlfriend, Ashley (guest star Brooke Lyons) for a visit just as his Irish-American father, Jack Sullivan (Dan Lauria - The Wonder Years), and Korean mother, Ok Cha (Jodi Long), are preparing to sell the bar and retire. Upon arrival, Steve reconnects with his best friend, Owen (Owen Benjamin); gets accosted by his long-suffering, under-appreciated younger sister, Susan (Vivian Bang); endures offensive comments from gruff barfly Hank (Brian Doyle Murray - Groundhog Day, Saturday Night Live); and gets hit on by tipsy cougar Carol (Christine Ebersole - Royal Pains, Amadeus). He even feels a rekindled romantic spark with his former sweetheart, Melanie (Valerie Azlynn). It doesn't take Steve long to realize that what he really wants out of life is to return to the old neighborhood and take over Sullivan & Son, even if it means giving up a lavish Manhattan lifestyle with the gorgeous Ashley. And so begins Steve's quest for a more meaningful and rewarding life behind the bar. Sullivan & Son is from Wild West Picture Show Productions, in association with Warner Horizon Television.
Both sitcoms each have a ten episode order. Stay tuned for any further updates. In addition, TBS, which has basked in the glory of nerd-dom with the enormously popular acquired sitcom The Big Bang Theory, is now ready to take things to the next level. TBS has greenlit the new unscripted competition series King of the Nerds, hosted by two of the stars of the movie blockbuster Revenge of the Nerds, Robert Carradine and Curtis Armstrong. TBS has ordered eight episodes of King of the Nerds, which is being executive-produced by Ben Silverman and Jimmy Fox of Electus, Rick Ringbakk, Tod Mesirow and Craig Armstrong of 5X5 Media, as well as Carradine and Armstrong. The show is slated to premiere in early 2013. Electus International, the global distribution arm of Electus, will distribute the series internationally. It is primed to become television's ultimate nerd-off. The show invites competitors spanning the full nerd spectrum to come together to face challenges that will test their intellect, ingenuity, skills and pop-culture prowess. The nerds will first compete as teams before moving on to individual challenges, all with the goal of being named the quintessential master of all things nerdy.
It's Friday, so it is time for "Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows" for the coming week. This is where we list what sitcom stars are appearing on talk shows for the coming week, the stars are both current and past sitcom stars, so this is for all sitcom fans of all eras!
For the week of March 26-30, 2012, we have many current sitcom stars and past sitcom stars on TV talk shows! All times listed are Eastern. So get your DVR's (or whatever you use) ready! Ready? Here is all what you need to know for the coming week!
Monday, March 26, 2012
- Zooey Deschanel (New Girl) - Watch the adorkable Zooey on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 12am on ABC.
- Robin Williams (Mork & Mindy) - Robin appears on a repeat of the Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Casey Wilson (Happy Endings) - Casey drops by Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC. She will also be on earlier on Watch What Happens: Live on Bravo at 11pm.
- Woody Harrelson (Cheers) - Woody chats with the ladies on a repeat of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jerry O'Connell (Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly on Monday and Tuesday, so check your listings.
- Jennifer Anniston (Friends) - Tune in to see Jennifer on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings.
- Tiffani Thiessen (Saved by the Bell) - Tiffani appears on a repeat of The Nate Berkus Show, so check your local listings.
- Ashton Kutcher (Two and a Half Men/That '70s Show) - Catch Ashton on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 12am on ABC.
- Eric McCormack (Will & Grace) - Eric chats with the ladies on a repeat of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Annie Potts (Designing Women) - Annie appears on a repeat of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT. Watch her on GCB on ABC on Sunday nights at 10pm ET-PT.
- Fran Drescher (Happily Divorced/The Nanny) - Fran stops by The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Whitney Cummings (Whitney) - Whitney is a guest on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:36am on NBC.
- Christian Slater (Breaking In) - Christian drops by The Rachael Ray Show, so check your local listings.
- Rainn Wilson (The Office) - Watch Rainn on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Aziz Ansari (Parks and Recreation) - Aziz is a guest on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
- Ana Gasteyer (Suburgatory) - Ana stops by Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
- Mayim Bialik (The Big Bang Theory/Blossom) - Mayim visits Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Mackenzie Phillips (One Day at a Time) - Mackenzie appears on The Rosie Show at 7pm on OWN.
- Niecy Nash (The Cleveland Show/Reno 911!) - Niecy drops by to chat about her new reality show, Leave It to Niecy, her recent marriage, and her predictions for this season's DWTS on Anderson, so check your local listings.
- J.B. Smoove (Bent/Curb Your Enthusiasm) - J.B. discusses his new show Bent on The Wendy Williams Show, so check your local listings.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) - Catch Lisa on a repeat of the Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Kristen Schaal (Bob's Burgers/Flight of the Conchords) - Kristen visits Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 12am on ABC.
- Jesse Tyler Ferguson (Modern Family/The Class) - Jesse guest co-hosts a repeat of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Niecy Nash (The Cleveland Show/Reno 911!) - Niecy continues to make the rounds on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Sofia Vergara (Modern Family/The Knights of Prosperity/Hot Properties) - Sofia is a guest on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings.
- Kristen Johnston (The Exes/3rd Rock From the Sun) - Kristen discusses her harrowing addiction to prescription pills and alcohol, her rehab and recovery -- which she details in her new memoir, Guts, on Anderson, so check your local listings.
- Megan Mullally (Breaking In/Will & Grace) - Watch Megan on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Sean Hayes (Will & Grace) - Sean appears on a repeat of the Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jennifer Lawrence (The Bill Engvall Show) - Tune in to see Jennifer on a repeat of Chelsea Lately on E! at 11pm.
- Reba McEntire (Reba) - Reba drops by The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Annie Potts (Designing Women) - Annie sits down with Tim to discuss her new ABC series, GCB, then joins Ty for a segment on common household items that do unexpected things on ABC's The Revolution at 2pm ET/1pm PT/CT.
- Tom Cavanagh (Ed) - Tom joins the Chew Crew on The Chew on ABC at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (January/February)
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One / Review
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two / Review
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, February 26
Son of Zorn - "All Hail Son of Zorn" (Fox, 7:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Seeing an opportunity to get Linda’s old job back, Zorn increases Sanitation Solutions’ business by tapping into the Zephyrian market. Alan tries to win Layla back by becoming Prom King – with Zorn’s help.
Bob's Burgers - "They Serve Horses, Don't They?" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
After a tip from Jimmy Pesto (guest voice Jay Johnston), Bob secures a new meat provider who claims to save clients money on every order. The Belchers quickly realize that the situation is too good to be true, as they find themselves involved in a full-blown investigation, led by Hugo (guest voice Ken Marino) and Ron (guest voice Ron Lynch). Will Bob crack under the pressure or will he lead the investigators to a huge victory?
The Simpsons - "Havana Wild Weekend" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When the Retirement Castle and the V.A. Hospital can’t solve Grampa’s health issues, the Simpsons decide to take a family trip to Cuba to get him cheap medical care.
The Simpsons - "There Will Be Buds" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Homer gets roped into coaching the kids’ lacrosse team with Milhouse’s dad, Kirk, who is in desperate need of a friend. When Kirk gets too clingy, Homer vents about how much of a loser he is. Kirk overhears his rant and disappears, right when the team needs him most: the championship game.
Family Guy - "The Boys in the Band" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Stewie and Brian form a children’s band that quickly rises to fame until they let a girl get between them and drive the band apart. Meanwhile, Peter and Lois insist that Chris gets a job so he takes a job managing Quagmire’s sex life as his personal assistant.
Family Guy - "Bookie of the Year" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Brian and Lois decide it’s time for Chris to work out his anger management issues by taking up a sport. Chris surprises everyone and becomes a star baseball pitcher, which turns Peter into a gambling father, as he bets on his son’s baseball games. Meanwhile, Stewie, Brian and Frank Sinatra Jr. attempt to open an Italian restaurant .
Monday, February 27
- Keri Russell (Running Wilde) - Watch Keri on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Connie Britton (Spin City/The Fighting Fitzgeralds/Lost at Home) - Connie appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Slink Johnson (Black Jesus) - Slick is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Adam Scott (Parks and Recreation) - Adam drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Josh Henderson (One on One) - Josh appears on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo. He also talks about The Arrangement on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- David Hyde Pierce (Frasier) - David chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Leighton Meester (Making History) - Leighton stops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Holly Robinson Peete (Hangin' with Mr. Cooper/For Your Love) - Holly visits Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- John Lithgow (Trial & Error/Twenty Good Years/3rd Rock from the Sun) - John talks about Trial & Error on NBC's Today in the 9am hour and on the AOL Build Show at 1:30pm.
- Billy Gardell (Mike & Molly) - Billy dishes on how This is Us is following in Mike & Molly’s footsteps – and why both shows are so beloved on People Now at 8:30am.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) and Craig Robinson (The Office) - Lisa and Craig talk about their new film Table 19 on the AOL Build Show at 2:30pm.
- Sinbad (A Different World/The Sinbad Show) - Sinbad is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- Bradley Whitford (Trophy Wife) - Bradley visits The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Craig Robinson (The Office/Mr. Robinson) - Craig appears on The Real, so check your local listings.