Thursday, March 08, 2012
Facts of Life Coming To TeenNick; NBC Reality Series Changes On Mondays and Tuesdays In Spring and Summer 2012
Late last week, The Hub acquired three sitcoms to air in primetime beginning in April and one of them was The Facts of Life. That is still happening and we can't wait for that, but if you can't wait another month or so, TeenNick will ALSO air that totally '80s sitcom! Oooh, there's gonna be troubbbbbbbble! OK no, there's no trouble of two networks airing a show, as we all know. TeenNick will begin airing the Diff'rent Strokes spin-off on Monday (March 12, 2012) bright and early every weekday morning at 7:00am. It's early in the morning and just a half-hour, but it is certainly better than nothing! Facts of Life will replace one half-hour of Big Time Rush, which remains at 7:30am. Facts of Life will follow a block of Full House which airs weekday mornings from 5-7am. No other schedule changes are occurring on TeenNick besides this one. As of now, no other special marathons or airings of Facts of Life besides the weekdays at 7am slot. I guess 'you take the good and you take the bad.' Mmm hmm! Stay with us for continued updates!
The Facts of Life is an American sitcom that originally ran on the NBC television network from August 24, 1979 to May 7, 1988. A spin-off of the sitcom Diff'rent Strokes, the series' premise focused on Edna Garrett (Charlotte Rae) as she becomes a housemother (and after the second season, dietitian as well) at the fictional Eastland School, an all-female boarding school in Peekskill, New York.
NBC will continue to air The Voice on Mondays from 8-10pm, but on Monday, April 2 it will start airing live episodes now. NBC will also expand the singing competition series to a second night with live elimination rounds beginning on Tuesday, April 3 from 9-10pm ET. In addition, The Voice's last live performance episode will be on Monday, May 7 from 8-10pm ET, with the season's winner announced in a two-hour live finale on Tuesday, May 8 from 8-10pm ET. After that series ends its season, America's Got Talent - NBC's top-rated summer series -- will then debut its new seventh season the following week with two-hour episodes on Monday, May 14 and Tuesday, May 15 (both nights 8-10pm ET). The show's return will feature the first appearance of new judge Howard Stern, who joins fellow judges Howie Mandel and Sharon Osbourne. The series then resumes in its regular night and time on Monday, May 21 from 8-9pm ET and on Tuesday, May 22 from 9-10pm ET every week this summer.
As a result of The Voice getting a second night this spring, NBC's The Biggest Loser will shrink down to one-hour from 8-9pm ET beginning April 3 and will have its season finale on May 1. NBC still has not yet announced its summer plans for Mondays from 9-11pm (following Talent at 8) and Tuesdays in between Talent at 9 (8-9pm and 10-11pm). Stay with us for the official NBC summer 2012 schedule, when announced, as NBC will get a jump start on the summer line-up with an in-season premiere of America's Got Talent.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, October 25
The Middle - "Halloween VIII: The Heckoning" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
As Halloween approaches, Frankie is taken aback when she discovers that, if the circumstances ever arose where she and Mike got divorced, the kids would all choose to live with Mike. Meanwhile, Sue tries everything in her power to get her room back from Brick, and having to be so nice around girlfriend April all of the time leads Axl to lash out at his family.
American Housewife - "Westport Zombies" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Katie, jealous of Taylor’s friendship with neighbor Viv (Leslie Bibb), reluctantly competes in the Westport Halloween “Zombie Run” after she finds out they’ll both be running. Meanwhile, Greg and Anna-Kat get a little too much in character for the “zombie” part of the run’s obstacle course.
Fresh Off the Boat - "Louisween" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
It’s Louis’ favorite holiday, and he makes every attempt to scare Jessica into the Halloween spirit, but she is buried in her word processor, drafting her first horror novel. Meanwhile, Emery and Evan debate costume choices, and Eddie and his crew are excited to party with high schoolers at Nicole’s house.
The Real O'Neals - "The Real Halloween" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Halloween arrives, or what Kenny refers to as “the gay Super Bowl,” he plans to go to Boystown to watch the festive costume parade. In an effort to prevent Kenny from attending, Eileen agrees to let him throw his own Halloween party at home. Eileen’s tolerance is ultimately tested when Kenny recruits Stuart and his gay friends to join the big party, and he makes a BIG costume change. Meanwhile, Jimmy and Shannon plan to pull off an epic Halloween prank.
Atlanta - "Junteenth" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Why my Auntie trying to make me go to one of these bougie Junteenth parties again? I don't like them sadity people and I'm gonna miss my shows. Le sigh.
Family Time - "Head of House" (Bounce TV, 9:00PM ET/PT)
When the Stallworths have an unexpected visitor, they learn of a vicious crime that took place in their home years ago.
Tuesday, October 25
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Catch Will on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Matt LeBlanc (Man with a Plan/Episodes/Friends) - Matt is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Cobie Smulders (How I Met Your Mother) - Cobie appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Skylar Astin (Ground Floor) - Skylar is a guest on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Ron drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Mary Lynn Rajskub (How to Be a Gentleman/Veronica's Closet/The Larry Sanders Show) and David Koechner (Another Period/Hank/The Office) - Mary and David are guests on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- John Lithgow (3rd Rock from the Sun/Twenty Good Years) - John appears on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Jamie Lee Curtis (Scream Queens/Anything But Love) - Jamie Lee is a guest on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Erinn Hayes (Kevin Can Wait/Guys with Kids/Worst Week) - Erinn plays a celeb guessing game with Rach, who’s serving up no-fail make-your-own takeout, on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Mary Steenburgen (The Last Man on Earth/Ink) - Mary joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Ana Gasteyer (People of Earth/Lady Dynamite/Suburgatory) - Ana will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET. She will also be on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Cheryl Hines (Son of Zorn/Suburgatory/Curb Your Enthusiasm) - Cheryl is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Abbi Jacobson (Broad City) - Abbi will be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. She will also be on the AOL Build Show 4pm.
- Don Rickles (C.P.O. Sharkey/Daddy Dearest) - Don is a guest on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Nico Tortorella (Younger) - Nico appears on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.