Thursday, March 08, 2012
Facts of Life Coming To TeenNick; NBC Reality Series Changes On Mondays and Tuesdays In Spring and Summer 2012
Late last week, The Hub acquired three sitcoms to air in primetime beginning in April and one of them was The Facts of Life. That is still happening and we can't wait for that, but if you can't wait another month or so, TeenNick will ALSO air that totally '80s sitcom! Oooh, there's gonna be troubbbbbbbble! OK no, there's no trouble of two networks airing a show, as we all know. TeenNick will begin airing the Diff'rent Strokes spin-off on Monday (March 12, 2012) bright and early every weekday morning at 7:00am. It's early in the morning and just a half-hour, but it is certainly better than nothing! Facts of Life will replace one half-hour of Big Time Rush, which remains at 7:30am. Facts of Life will follow a block of Full House which airs weekday mornings from 5-7am. No other schedule changes are occurring on TeenNick besides this one. As of now, no other special marathons or airings of Facts of Life besides the weekdays at 7am slot. I guess 'you take the good and you take the bad.' Mmm hmm! Stay with us for continued updates!
The Facts of Life is an American sitcom that originally ran on the NBC television network from August 24, 1979 to May 7, 1988. A spin-off of the sitcom Diff'rent Strokes, the series' premise focused on Edna Garrett (Charlotte Rae) as she becomes a housemother (and after the second season, dietitian as well) at the fictional Eastland School, an all-female boarding school in Peekskill, New York.
NBC will continue to air The Voice on Mondays from 8-10pm, but on Monday, April 2 it will start airing live episodes now. NBC will also expand the singing competition series to a second night with live elimination rounds beginning on Tuesday, April 3 from 9-10pm ET. In addition, The Voice's last live performance episode will be on Monday, May 7 from 8-10pm ET, with the season's winner announced in a two-hour live finale on Tuesday, May 8 from 8-10pm ET. After that series ends its season, America's Got Talent - NBC's top-rated summer series -- will then debut its new seventh season the following week with two-hour episodes on Monday, May 14 and Tuesday, May 15 (both nights 8-10pm ET). The show's return will feature the first appearance of new judge Howard Stern, who joins fellow judges Howie Mandel and Sharon Osbourne. The series then resumes in its regular night and time on Monday, May 21 from 8-9pm ET and on Tuesday, May 22 from 9-10pm ET every week this summer.
As a result of The Voice getting a second night this spring, NBC's The Biggest Loser will shrink down to one-hour from 8-9pm ET beginning April 3 and will have its season finale on May 1. NBC still has not yet announced its summer plans for Mondays from 9-11pm (following Talent at 8) and Tuesdays in between Talent at 9 (8-9pm and 10-11pm). Stay with us for the official NBC summer 2012 schedule, when announced, as NBC will get a jump start on the summer line-up with an in-season premiere of America's Got Talent.
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, July 26
Bad Teacher - "The Bottle" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
When Meredith’s venue for her 30th birthday party falls through, she plots a takeover of Kim’s student teacher exam celebration. However, once the party is underway, her lies start to unravel as she tries to keep her rich friends from her old life separate from her new co-workers.
Bad Teacher - "What's Old Is New" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Staff and students are all focused on standardized test day when Meredith and Principal Carl’s attentions are diverted by the arrival of their ex-spouses, making them question whether they want second chances with their former loves. Steven Weber Guest Stars as Meredith’s Ex-Husband Ray; Niecy Nash Guest Stars as Principal Carl’s Ex-Wife Carla.
Sunday, July 27
- Fran Drescher (The Nanny/Happily Divorced) - Fran talks about her battle with cancer, meeting the love of her life, and her latest role on Broadway on Oprah: Where Are They Now? at 9pm on OWN.
- Will Arnett (The Millers/Up All Night/Arrested Development) - Watch Will on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Melissa Rauch (The Big Bang Theory) - Melissa appears on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Rachelle Lefevre (Life on a Stick/Big Wolf on Campus) - Rachelle visits on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- T.J. Miller (Silicon Valley/Carpoolers) - T.J. is part of the guest panel on Chelsea Lately on E! at 11pm.
- John Lithgow (3rd Rock from the Sun/Twenty Good Years) - John chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Marlon Wayans (The Wayans Bros.) - Marlon drops by The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Roseanne Barr (Roseanne) - Roseanne appears on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Whoopi Goldberg (Whoopi/Bagdad Cafe) - Whoopi talks about Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Keke Palmer (True Jackson, VP) - Keke interviews Queen on The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 3am on BET.
- Swoosie Kurtz (Mike & Molly/Love, Sidney) - Swoosie is a guest on The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 3am on BET.
- Don Rickles (C.P.O. Sharkey/Daddy Dearest) - Mr. Warmth appears on Larry King Now at 2/5pm PT/ET on Ora.tv and Hulu.
- Anthony Anderson (black-ish/Guys with Kids/All About the Andersons) - Anthony joins the Plugged In panel on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.