Thursday, March 08, 2012
Facts of Life Coming To TeenNick; NBC Reality Series Changes On Mondays and Tuesdays In Spring and Summer 2012
Late last week, The Hub acquired three sitcoms to air in primetime beginning in April and one of them was The Facts of Life. That is still happening and we can't wait for that, but if you can't wait another month or so, TeenNick will ALSO air that totally '80s sitcom! Oooh, there's gonna be troubbbbbbbble! OK no, there's no trouble of two networks airing a show, as we all know. TeenNick will begin airing the Diff'rent Strokes spin-off on Monday (March 12, 2012) bright and early every weekday morning at 7:00am. It's early in the morning and just a half-hour, but it is certainly better than nothing! Facts of Life will replace one half-hour of Big Time Rush, which remains at 7:30am. Facts of Life will follow a block of Full House which airs weekday mornings from 5-7am. No other schedule changes are occurring on TeenNick besides this one. As of now, no other special marathons or airings of Facts of Life besides the weekdays at 7am slot. I guess 'you take the good and you take the bad.' Mmm hmm! Stay with us for continued updates!
The Facts of Life is an American sitcom that originally ran on the NBC television network from August 24, 1979 to May 7, 1988. A spin-off of the sitcom Diff'rent Strokes, the series' premise focused on Edna Garrett (Charlotte Rae) as she becomes a housemother (and after the second season, dietitian as well) at the fictional Eastland School, an all-female boarding school in Peekskill, New York.
NBC will continue to air The Voice on Mondays from 8-10pm, but on Monday, April 2 it will start airing live episodes now. NBC will also expand the singing competition series to a second night with live elimination rounds beginning on Tuesday, April 3 from 9-10pm ET. In addition, The Voice's last live performance episode will be on Monday, May 7 from 8-10pm ET, with the season's winner announced in a two-hour live finale on Tuesday, May 8 from 8-10pm ET. After that series ends its season, America's Got Talent - NBC's top-rated summer series -- will then debut its new seventh season the following week with two-hour episodes on Monday, May 14 and Tuesday, May 15 (both nights 8-10pm ET). The show's return will feature the first appearance of new judge Howard Stern, who joins fellow judges Howie Mandel and Sharon Osbourne. The series then resumes in its regular night and time on Monday, May 21 from 8-9pm ET and on Tuesday, May 22 from 9-10pm ET every week this summer.
As a result of The Voice getting a second night this spring, NBC's The Biggest Loser will shrink down to one-hour from 8-9pm ET beginning April 3 and will have its season finale on May 1. NBC still has not yet announced its summer plans for Mondays from 9-11pm (following Talent at 8) and Tuesdays in between Talent at 9 (8-9pm and 10-11pm). Stay with us for the official NBC summer 2012 schedule, when announced, as NBC will get a jump start on the summer line-up with an in-season premiere of America's Got Talent.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, September 26
The Big Bang Theory - "The Military Miniaturization" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Colonel Williams (Dean Norris), an Air Force representative from the Department of Material Command sits down to talk with Wolowitz.
Kevin Can Wait - "Sleep Disorder" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Kevin rearranges the house to his liking after his buddies convince him that Donna makes all their decisions and has taken over the house for her own benefit. Also, Kendra enlists her Uncle Kyle (Gary Valentine) to help toughen up Chale.
Monday, September 26
- Zach Galifianakis (Baskets) - Watch Zach on on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Rob Lowe (The Grinder/Parks and Recreation) - Rob appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also talks about Code Black on CBS This Morning sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings. He will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Kal Penn (We Are Men/How I Met Your Mother) - Kal is a guest on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Will visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He will also be on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Norm Macdonald (Norm) - Norm stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Johnny Pemberton (Son of Zorn) - Johnny is a guest on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Margaret Cho (All-American Girl) - Margaret appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Jaleel White (Family Matters/Grown Ups) - Jaleel is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Patton Oswalt (The Goldbergs/The King of Queens) - Patton visits Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Whoopi Goldberg (Whoopi/Bagdad Cafe) - Whoopi drops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Kristin Chenoweth (Kristin) - Kristin performs live on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am. She also talks about her new album on the AOL Build Show at 3pm.
- Sutton Foster (Younger) - Sutton talks about Younger on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- The Cast of Younger) - Sutton Foster, Debi Mazar, Hilary Duff, Nico Tortorella, Peter Hermann, Miriam Shor and Molly Bernard are guests on the AOL Build Show at 2:15pm.