Thursday, March 08, 2012
Facts of Life Coming To TeenNick; NBC Reality Series Changes On Mondays and Tuesdays In Spring and Summer 2012
Late last week, The Hub acquired three sitcoms to air in primetime beginning in April and one of them was The Facts of Life. That is still happening and we can't wait for that, but if you can't wait another month or so, TeenNick will ALSO air that totally '80s sitcom! Oooh, there's gonna be troubbbbbbbble! OK no, there's no trouble of two networks airing a show, as we all know. TeenNick will begin airing the Diff'rent Strokes spin-off on Monday (March 12, 2012) bright and early every weekday morning at 7:00am. It's early in the morning and just a half-hour, but it is certainly better than nothing! Facts of Life will replace one half-hour of Big Time Rush, which remains at 7:30am. Facts of Life will follow a block of Full House which airs weekday mornings from 5-7am. No other schedule changes are occurring on TeenNick besides this one. As of now, no other special marathons or airings of Facts of Life besides the weekdays at 7am slot. I guess 'you take the good and you take the bad.' Mmm hmm! Stay with us for continued updates!
The Facts of Life is an American sitcom that originally ran on the NBC television network from August 24, 1979 to May 7, 1988. A spin-off of the sitcom Diff'rent Strokes, the series' premise focused on Edna Garrett (Charlotte Rae) as she becomes a housemother (and after the second season, dietitian as well) at the fictional Eastland School, an all-female boarding school in Peekskill, New York.
NBC will continue to air The Voice on Mondays from 8-10pm, but on Monday, April 2 it will start airing live episodes now. NBC will also expand the singing competition series to a second night with live elimination rounds beginning on Tuesday, April 3 from 9-10pm ET. In addition, The Voice's last live performance episode will be on Monday, May 7 from 8-10pm ET, with the season's winner announced in a two-hour live finale on Tuesday, May 8 from 8-10pm ET. After that series ends its season, America's Got Talent - NBC's top-rated summer series -- will then debut its new seventh season the following week with two-hour episodes on Monday, May 14 and Tuesday, May 15 (both nights 8-10pm ET). The show's return will feature the first appearance of new judge Howard Stern, who joins fellow judges Howie Mandel and Sharon Osbourne. The series then resumes in its regular night and time on Monday, May 21 from 8-9pm ET and on Tuesday, May 22 from 9-10pm ET every week this summer.
As a result of The Voice getting a second night this spring, NBC's The Biggest Loser will shrink down to one-hour from 8-9pm ET beginning April 3 and will have its season finale on May 1. NBC still has not yet announced its summer plans for Mondays from 9-11pm (following Talent at 8) and Tuesdays in between Talent at 9 (8-9pm and 10-11pm). Stay with us for the official NBC summer 2012 schedule, when announced, as NBC will get a jump start on the summer line-up with an in-season premiere of America's Got Talent.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February)
02/16 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Complete Series
02/16 - The Brady Kids - The Complete Animated Series
02/16 - Girls - The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
02/16 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Complete Series
02/16 - Togetherness - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, February 9
Fresh Off the Boat - "Love and Loopholes" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Honey and Marvin babysit the boys so Jessica and Louis can enjoy a Valentine’s Day evening out. But Emery makes an alarming discovery when he walks in on his parents’ special alone time. Meanwhile, Eddie pulls out all the stops to take Alison to the Janet Jackson concert.
The Muppets - "A Tale of Two Piggies" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Miss Piggy suffers a scandalous wardrobe malfunction, the network is outraged, and Piggy is forced to question everything she stands for, but Kermit and the gang rally together and come to her defense. Meanwhile, Gonzo misses his ex-girlfriend Camilla, so Pepe and Rizzo decide to throw a house party to cheer him up.
New Girl - "Reagan" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
A beautiful pharmaceutical rep (guest star Megan Fox) enters the gang’s life when she agrees to sublet Jess’ room while she is on jury duty.
Grandfathered - "The Biter" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Edie is bitten at school, Jimmy and Sara go to great lengths to find out who did it. Meanwhile, Ravi sets up a meeting for Gerald and Vanessa to meet a flashy tech investor named Kirk (Drake Bell), but once they meet him, they are not so sure they’d like to do business with him.
Brooklyn Nine-Nine - "The 9-8" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
The Nine-Nine host the detectives from the Nine-Eight, their neighboring precinct, reuniting Jake with his old partner (guest star Damon Wayans, Jr.). Charles is immediately jealous and tries to reclaim his best friend status with Jake. Meanwhile, the rest of the precinct tries to be welcoming to the Nine-Eight, but it doesn’t go as well as they had planned.
The Grinder - "The Retooling of Dean Sanderson" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Dean scares off a big prospective client by being too dramatic, Stewart tells him maybe it’s finally time to let go of his “Grinder” persona and come down to earth. He tries to convince Dean he should go to therapy. Dean reluctantly agrees, but in typical Dean fashion, he overcorrects and begins “therapizing” the whole family, including Debbie, who is now tempted to quit her grueling job.
Born Again Virgin - "A Pregnant Pause" (TV One, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Maddy's upsetting news to her boyfriend, Cedric; Loretta enhances her image; Kayla goes on a hunger strike for a worthy cause.
Born Again Virgin - "Mama-Pause" (TV One, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Jenna’s mom comes to visit and brings her own brand of crazy, which we later find out is exacerbated by the onset of menopause. In an effort to escape Jenna’s mom, Tara and Kelly seek refuge in Donovan’s apartment and worm their way into helping him prepare for his impending trial.
Zoe Ever After - "The Interview" (BET, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Zoe is livid when she suspects Miguel has told Gemini about her Atlantic City getaway; Gemini finally gets the spotlight.
Tuesday, February 9
- Fred Savage (The Grinder/Working/The Wonder Years) - Fred chats about The Grinder on LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Meagan Good (Mr. Robinson/Raising Dad/Cousin Skeeter) - Meagan and her husband DeVon Franklin talk about their new book The Wait on The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Brandy (Zoe Ever After/The Game/Moesha) - Brandy talks about Zoe Ever After and her new music on The Nightly Show with Larry Wilmore at 11:30pm on Comedy Central and on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identiy) - Jerry is strapped in a Velcro suit and he's playing a game to win prizes for the audience on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Joe Manganiello (Mom/How I Met Your Mother) - Joe discusses his guest starring role on Mom on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS and on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- T.J. Miller (Silicon Valley/The Goodwin Games/Carpoolers) - T.J. and the cast of Deadpool are guests on the AOL Build Show at 1pm.
- Kyle Mooney (Hello Ladies) - Kyle talks about Zoolander 2 on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Alison Brie (Community) - Alison talks about How to Be Single ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Jason Sudeikis (The Last Man on Earth/The Cleveland Show) - Jason talks about Tumbledown on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Megan Fox (Hope & Faith) - Megan appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- The Cast of Fuller House - Candace Cameron Bure, Jodie Sweetin and Andrea Barber are guests on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Carl Reiner (The Dick Van Dyke Show) - Carl chats on Tavis Smiley on PBS, so check your local listings.