Thursday, March 08, 2012
Facts of Life Coming To TeenNick; NBC Reality Series Changes On Mondays and Tuesdays In Spring and Summer 2012
Late last week, The Hub acquired three sitcoms to air in primetime beginning in April and one of them was The Facts of Life. That is still happening and we can't wait for that, but if you can't wait another month or so, TeenNick will ALSO air that totally '80s sitcom! Oooh, there's gonna be troubbbbbbbble! OK no, there's no trouble of two networks airing a show, as we all know. TeenNick will begin airing the Diff'rent Strokes spin-off on Monday (March 12, 2012) bright and early every weekday morning at 7:00am. It's early in the morning and just a half-hour, but it is certainly better than nothing! Facts of Life will replace one half-hour of Big Time Rush, which remains at 7:30am. Facts of Life will follow a block of Full House which airs weekday mornings from 5-7am. No other schedule changes are occurring on TeenNick besides this one. As of now, no other special marathons or airings of Facts of Life besides the weekdays at 7am slot. I guess 'you take the good and you take the bad.' Mmm hmm! Stay with us for continued updates!
The Facts of Life is an American sitcom that originally ran on the NBC television network from August 24, 1979 to May 7, 1988. A spin-off of the sitcom Diff'rent Strokes, the series' premise focused on Edna Garrett (Charlotte Rae) as she becomes a housemother (and after the second season, dietitian as well) at the fictional Eastland School, an all-female boarding school in Peekskill, New York.
NBC will continue to air The Voice on Mondays from 8-10pm, but on Monday, April 2 it will start airing live episodes now. NBC will also expand the singing competition series to a second night with live elimination rounds beginning on Tuesday, April 3 from 9-10pm ET. In addition, The Voice's last live performance episode will be on Monday, May 7 from 8-10pm ET, with the season's winner announced in a two-hour live finale on Tuesday, May 8 from 8-10pm ET. After that series ends its season, America's Got Talent - NBC's top-rated summer series -- will then debut its new seventh season the following week with two-hour episodes on Monday, May 14 and Tuesday, May 15 (both nights 8-10pm ET). The show's return will feature the first appearance of new judge Howard Stern, who joins fellow judges Howie Mandel and Sharon Osbourne. The series then resumes in its regular night and time on Monday, May 21 from 8-9pm ET and on Tuesday, May 22 from 9-10pm ET every week this summer.
As a result of The Voice getting a second night this spring, NBC's The Biggest Loser will shrink down to one-hour from 8-9pm ET beginning April 3 and will have its season finale on May 1. NBC still has not yet announced its summer plans for Mondays from 9-11pm (following Talent at 8) and Tuesdays in between Talent at 9 (8-9pm and 10-11pm). Stay with us for the official NBC summer 2012 schedule, when announced, as NBC will get a jump start on the summer line-up with an in-season premiere of America's Got Talent.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, September 4
Friday, September 4
- Steve Harvey (The Steve Harvey Show) - Watch Steve on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. He will also be on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am, on the AOL Build Show, New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET and on HuffPost Live at 3:28pm.
- Alison Brie (Community) - Alison visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Miley Cyrus (Hannah Montana) - Catch Miley on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Keegan-Michael Key (Playing House/Gary Unmarried) - Keegan-Michael appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Tony Hale (Veep/Arrested Development) - Tony is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He will also be on People Chatter.
- Christina Applegate (Up All Night/Samantha Who?/Married with Children) - Christina appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Christian Slater (Breaking In) - Christian is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Brandy Norwood (The Game/Moesha/Thea) - Brandy performs on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Jamie Foxx (The Jamie Foxx Show) - Jamie will be on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show, so check your local listings.
- Wanda Sykes (The New Adventures of Old Christine/Wanda at Large) - Wanda is a guest on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show, so check your local listings.
- Wendy Raquel Robinson (The Game/The Steve Harvey Show/Minor Adjustments) - Wendy appears on a repeat of The Real, so check your local listings.
- Ed Helms (The Office) - Ed talks about his film Vacation on a repeat of The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Peri Gilpin (Mr. Robinson/Frasier) - Peri talks about Mr. Robinson on a repeat of The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Garcelle Beauvais (The Jamie Foxx Show) - Garcelle breaks down the hottest headlines of the day on a repeat of The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Kym Whitley (Young & Hungry/Animal Practice/Sparks) - Kym tries out extreme-fitness dating, dog-park dating and paper-bag dating on a repeat of Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- Tituss Burgess (Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt/30 Rock) - Tituss is a guest on People Now.
- Teyonah Parris (Survivor's Remorse) - Teyonah will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.