Thursday, March 08, 2012
Facts of Life Coming To TeenNick; NBC Reality Series Changes On Mondays and Tuesdays In Spring and Summer 2012
Late last week, The Hub acquired three sitcoms to air in primetime beginning in April and one of them was The Facts of Life. That is still happening and we can't wait for that, but if you can't wait another month or so, TeenNick will ALSO air that totally '80s sitcom! Oooh, there's gonna be troubbbbbbbble! OK no, there's no trouble of two networks airing a show, as we all know. TeenNick will begin airing the Diff'rent Strokes spin-off on Monday (March 12, 2012) bright and early every weekday morning at 7:00am. It's early in the morning and just a half-hour, but it is certainly better than nothing! Facts of Life will replace one half-hour of Big Time Rush, which remains at 7:30am. Facts of Life will follow a block of Full House which airs weekday mornings from 5-7am. No other schedule changes are occurring on TeenNick besides this one. As of now, no other special marathons or airings of Facts of Life besides the weekdays at 7am slot. I guess 'you take the good and you take the bad.' Mmm hmm! Stay with us for continued updates!
The Facts of Life is an American sitcom that originally ran on the NBC television network from August 24, 1979 to May 7, 1988. A spin-off of the sitcom Diff'rent Strokes, the series' premise focused on Edna Garrett (Charlotte Rae) as she becomes a housemother (and after the second season, dietitian as well) at the fictional Eastland School, an all-female boarding school in Peekskill, New York.
NBC will continue to air The Voice on Mondays from 8-10pm, but on Monday, April 2 it will start airing live episodes now. NBC will also expand the singing competition series to a second night with live elimination rounds beginning on Tuesday, April 3 from 9-10pm ET. In addition, The Voice's last live performance episode will be on Monday, May 7 from 8-10pm ET, with the season's winner announced in a two-hour live finale on Tuesday, May 8 from 8-10pm ET. After that series ends its season, America's Got Talent - NBC's top-rated summer series -- will then debut its new seventh season the following week with two-hour episodes on Monday, May 14 and Tuesday, May 15 (both nights 8-10pm ET). The show's return will feature the first appearance of new judge Howard Stern, who joins fellow judges Howie Mandel and Sharon Osbourne. The series then resumes in its regular night and time on Monday, May 21 from 8-9pm ET and on Tuesday, May 22 from 9-10pm ET every week this summer.
As a result of The Voice getting a second night this spring, NBC's The Biggest Loser will shrink down to one-hour from 8-9pm ET beginning April 3 and will have its season finale on May 1. NBC still has not yet announced its summer plans for Mondays from 9-11pm (following Talent at 8) and Tuesdays in between Talent at 9 (8-9pm and 10-11pm). Stay with us for the official NBC summer 2012 schedule, when announced, as NBC will get a jump start on the summer line-up with an in-season premiere of America's Got Talent.
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, August 28
Two and a Half Men - "Tazed in the Lady Nuts" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Walden joins his beautiful former employee on a brilliant new project. Meanwhile, Alan advises Jenny to open up to her girlfriend or risk losing her. Odette Annable guest stars as Walden’s former employee, Nicole and Aly Michalka returns as Jenny’s girlfriend, Brooke.
The Millers - "Cancellation Fee" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Nathan tries to date his mother’s dentist in secret after Carol adds her to the Miller Family Blacklist for charging her a $75 cancellation fee for being late to her appointment. Meanwhile, Carol goes to great lengths to get her money back, and Tom can’t figure out why he keeps waking up with gum stuck in his hair.
Welcome to Sweden - "Separate Lives/Saknad" (NBC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Bruce (Greg Poehler) returns to the United States to help out his former client, Amy Poehler (guest starring as herself), who is in desperate need of his aid in resolving her financial issues. Back in Sweden, Emma (Josephine Bornebusch) remains unsure of where her relationship with Bruce stands, and has difficulties dealing with her ex-boyfriend Marcus (guest star Gustav Roth) who has resurfaced after being away. Meanwhile, Viveka (Lena Olin) yearns to recapture her youth and spends a girls night out on the town with Emma, but things don’t go quite as planned.
Welcome to Sweden - "Home/Återförening" (NBC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
After a night out, Bruce (Greg Poehler) finds himself in a compromising position with Aubrey Plaza (guest starring as herself). Emma (Josephine Bornebusch) and Gustav (Christopher Wagelin) do their best to reunite their parents Viveka (Lena Olin) and Birger (Claes Månsson). Meanwhile, Bruce runs into obstacles, including Amy (guest star Amy Poehler), who has her own agenda, in his quest to return to Sweden.
Married - "Waffles and Pizza" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
AJ and Lina encourage Russ to consider a shady real estate deal. Jess's boss puts her in an uncompromising position.
You're the Worst - "Equally Dead Inside" (FX, 10:30PM ET/PT)
Jimmy opens up emotionally, which completely freaks Gretchen out.
Love That Girl - "The Kid Is Not My Son" (TV One, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Jasmine lands a broadcasting gig in Alaska so Delroy is forced to hire a temp. The temp, however, accuses Delroy of sexual harassment and it's up to Imunique to clear his name. And back in Alaska, Jasmine slowly finds out that she's been catfished by the Naked Bunny Channel.
Thursday, August 28
- David Duchovny (Californication) - Catch David on a repeat of The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Drew Carey (The Drew Carey Show/The Good Life) - Drew is a guest on a repeat of @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Jason Segel (How I Met Your Mother) - Jason appears on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Bill Cosby (The Cosby Show/Cosby/The Bill Cosby Show) - Bill chats on a repeat of The Arsenio Hall Show, so check your local listings.
- Jason Biggs (Mad Love/Drexell's Class) - Jason guest co-hosts a repeat of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jamie Foxx (The Jamie Foxx Show) - Jamie is a guest on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Julie Bowen (Modern Family) - Julie appears on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 3am on BET.
- Niecy Nash (The Soul Man/Getting On/Reno 911!) - Niecy discusses women's issues on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 3am on BET.
- Molly Ephraim (Last Man Standing) - Molly shares behind-the-scenes stories from Last Man Standing on a repeat of Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Timothy Simon (Veep) - Timothy is a guest on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- The Cast of The Love Boat - Gavin MacLeod, Bernie Kopell, Ted Lange, Fred Grandy, Lauren Tewes, Jill Whelan and theme song singer Jack Jones are guests on a repeat of The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.