Monday, March 05, 2012
Antenna TV Spring 2012 Schedule With Addition Of WKRP; TLC's Docu-Sitcom Leave it to Niecy New Premiere Date
As we all know WKRP In Cincinnati is coming to Antenna TV, but now we have the official launch date and the rest of the new Antenna TV schedule! Spring is in the air and it is time for some spring cleaning to the schedule. The new schedule begins Monday, March 26, 2012 with your some of your favorite Antenna TV shows getting new time periods. WKRP in Cincinnati will air Sunday nights, as we knew, airing from 9-11pm ET starting April 8. Why a week later? A special event will air on Sunday, April 1, so the new Sunday line-up will have to wait a week. We will reveal that special event soon, so stay with us for that! As for the schedule, starting with weekdays, the sitcom line-up begins a little earlier now! Instead of starting at 1pm ET, the sitcoms now start at 11am-12pm. The 11am movie is now gone, but movies still air from 5-11am. '80s sitcom Too Close for Comfort will now air every weekday and will start the line-up of classic TV off in the 11am hour. The Ted Knight comedy will also get an encore at 11pm-12am. At 12 noon, it's time for some afternoon laughs with Three's Company, as it gets a daytime airing! The John Ritter sitcom will also air in primetime, but now at 10pm instead of 8pm. Then from 1-5pm, it is a black & white sitcom block! Back-to-back episodes of McHale's Navy, Hazel, Dennis the Menace, and Leave it to Beaver will air in new time periods. Hazel is back on the weekday afternoon schedule, but Bachelor Father and Father Knows Best isn't anymore...but not to worry they will still be on the schedule. More on that later in the story. From 5-7pm, Antenna TV will give Adam-12 and Dragnet better time periods and also a second half-hour in the evening line-up!
Then we get into primetime and overnight. 11am-7pm is all five days a week, but everything after that on weekdays is Mon-Thurs, as the Friday line-up in primetime and overnights are different. In the 7pm hour, Good Times remains airing Mon-Thurs. Sanford & Son moves up three hours earlier in the 8pm hour leading into the 9pm hour of All in the Family, which remains stable. As mentioned earlier, Three's Company is now in the 10pm hour replacing Maude, which is off the weekday schedule. Too Close for Comfort is in the 11pm hour, as we mentioned and it will lead into some mystery at 12am, Alfred Hitchcock Presents, that is. The series moves up an hour from 1am. Also moving up an hour are Burns & Allen and Jack Benny as they go from 2-4am to 1-3am. Since we got rid of the 11am movie, there will be a movie added at 3am to finish off the night (and it will lead into the 5am-11am movie block). What about on Fridays from 7pm-3am? It's Black & White Friday Night on Antenna TV! All black & white comedies all night long featuring two episodes each of Father Knows Best, Bachelor Father, Leave it to Beaver, Dennis the Menace, Burns & Allen, Jack Benny, McHale's Navy and Hazel. A movie airs at 3am on Friday nights as well.
On to weekends, starting with Saturdays starting March 31, the morning movie kicks it off at 5am. From 7am-10am we have the new night and times of Here Come the Brides, Iron Horse and Adventures of Rin Tin Tin, as they come over from Sunday. Missing from this list is Circus Boy, as that is no where to be found now on the schedule. We hope it returns soon. From 10am-1pm on Saturdays will still be E/I programming. Then at 1pm, the movie is now off the schedule, so Gidget, The Flying Nun, The Monkees and The Partridge Family move up to 1pm-5pm instead of 3-7pm. From 5-7pm, Adam-12 and Dragnet will air like it does Mon-Fri kicking off the Saturday Night cops/mystery line-up. These two won't be in primetime on Saturday nights anymore, though. S.W.A.T. remains at 7pm and It Takes a Thief is now earlier airing back-to-back from 8-10pm. Suspense Theater will air in the 10pm hour leading into the new Saturday night time period for Alfred Hitchcock Presents at 11pm. Then after you get some drama and seriousness, it's time for some laughs with black & white sitcoms in the overnight on Saturday nights! Airing from 12am-4am are Burns & Allen, Leave it to Beaver, Dennis the Menace and The Three Stooges. And closing the night out is the '70s/'80s British comedy Benny Hill.
On to Sundays, this line-up will start on April 8. A movie kicks off the line-up at 5am leading into a Sunday morning black & white sitcom block from 7am-1pm. Airing back-to-back are Father Knows Best, Bachelor Father, Hazel, McHale's Navy, Leave it to Beaver, and Dennis the Menace. Good 'ole classic TV! From 1-5pm will now be Sunday afternoon movies instead of more Gidget and Flying Nun. Also The Monkees is no longer on Sundays either, as another hour of Leave it to Beaver airs at 5pm leading into The Partridge Family at 6pm. Speaking of The Monkees, there has been a lot of great comments on the Antenna TV Facebook page for the Davy Jones Monkees marathon this past weekend. Great tribute marathon! Too Close for Comfort gets to keep its Sundays at 7pm hour still leading into the new primetime dysfunctional radio line-up. First up at 8pm is the new time for NewsRadio, which replaces The Nanny as that leaves the schedule. And WKRP finishes that block off from 9-11pm, as it replaces Married...with Children and that is also off the line-up. Super '70s continues with Soap in the 11pm hour and now airing on Sunday nights at 12am will be another '70s favorite: Three's Company. Lordy, lordy, lordy! From 1am-4am, we get more '70s action on Sunday night with an hour each of All in the Family, Maude, and Good Times. Yes, that is now the only scheduled airing of Maude, so make the most of it or God will get you for that, Walter! And finishing off the night is another Leave it to Beaver at 4am. Gee whiz, the Beav is getting a lot of action this spring!
So there you have it, the new Antenna TV schedule! It has something for everyone. New show, some new time slots, and some shows are expanded! View the full Antenna TV Spring 2012 schedule in a list form. And stay with us for continued updates and for the reveal on the April 1 special event.
TLC, the destination for the most engaging family docu-series on television, moves into new territory with the premiere of the docu-sitcom Leave it to Niecy, featuring actress/comedienne Niecy Nash. It was set to premiere March 28, as we announced, but now it will premiere March 25. Blending together production and storytelling elements from both the traditional sitcom genre and the world of non-scripted reality shows, Leave it to Niecy offers a new balance of real-life humor through the lens of the beloved comedy format. The eight-episode half-hour series will premiere March 25 at 10/9c with two episodes before airing on new episode every Sunday night.
TLC viewers were first introduced to Niecy when she walked down the aisle and married her husband Jay Tucker in front of nearly 5 million viewers in TLC's 2-hour event Niecy Nash's Wedding Bash last June. Now, Leave it to Niecy takes viewers into the couple's home, which includes her three kids and her opinionated mother. Together, they balance work, life, and love to create a modern blended family. In the premiere, Niecy tries to force her kids to bond with her new husband, but the kids are sick of their mother forcing them into awkward situations. Meanwhile Niecy's mother wants to start dating again and Niecy must decide if she is willing to help find her a man.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (July)
07/07 - Archie Bunker's Place - Season One (Mill Creek)
07/07 - Barney Miller - The Final (Eighth) Season
07/07 - Married with Children - Season Eleven (Mill Creek)
07/07 - Married with Children - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
07/07 - The Michael J. Fox Show - The Complete First Season
07/07 - Playing House - Season 1
07/14 - Growing Pains - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
07/14 - WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete Third Season
07/28 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites - Season 7
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, July 31
Bunk'd - "Welcome to Camp Kikiwaka" (Disney Channel, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Upon arriving at camp, the Ross kids discover that the camp owner, Gladys, is scarier than the legendary creature haunting the grounds; Gladys' old rivalry with the kids' mom sparks her fury.
Love Thy Neighbor - "Vegas" (OWN, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Troy and Danny inevitably do something stupid in Las Vegas.
Friday, July 31
- Ed Helms (The Office) - Watch Ed on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Brie Larson (United States of Tara/Raising Dad) - Brie is a guest on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Carla Gugino (The Brink/Spin City) - Tune in to see Carla on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jim Parsons (The Big Bang Theory) - Jim appears on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Bridgit Mendler (Undateable/Good Luck Charlie) - Bridgit is a guest on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- George Lopez (George Lopez/Saint George) - George talks about his movie Spare Parts on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Anne Heche (Save Me/The Michael J. Fox Show) - Anne is a guest on a repeat of The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Laurence Fishburne (black-ish) - Laurence appears on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show, so check your local listings.
- Rocky Carroll (Roc) - Rocky is a guest on a repeat of The Real, so check your local listings.
- Christina Applegate (Up All Night/Samantha Who?/Jesse/Married with Children) - Christina can be heard on The Morning Mash Up on SiriusXM Hits 1.
- David Duchovny (Californication) - David dishes on his new book, new music, and new show on a repeat of Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Brooke Burns (Miss Guided/Out of the Blue) - Brooke discusses her upcoming ing Hallmark Movies & Mysteries original Gourmet Detective: A Healthy Place to Die on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Margaret Cho (All-American Girl) - Margaret is a guest on The Boris and Nicole Show on select Fox-owned stations, so check your local listings.
- Michael Strahan (Brothers) - Michael joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Denis Leary (Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll/The Job) - Denis is a guest on Popcorn with Peter Travers on ABC News.
- Michael Rosenbaum (Impastor/Breaking In) - Michael will be on People Now.
- Damon Wayans, Jr. (New Girl/Happy Endings) - Damon appears on Good Day New York on WNYW-Fox5 in New York sometime between 7-10am.