Wednesday, February 29, 2012
Mister Ed Coming to Hallmark Movie Channel; Charlie Sheen's New Sitcom Anger Management Premieres June 28 on FX
A horse is a horse, of course, of course! Hallmark Movie Channel has acquired the classic '60s sitcom Mister Ed! The series starring Alan Young is coming back to cable. The series will begin airing next month starting Monday, March 26, 2012 on Hallmark Channel's spin-off network The Hallmark Movie Channel every morning from 6-8am. The sitcom will replace a movie airing, so no series will be replaced. It has not aired on cable since TV Land stopped airing in about 2006 but the digital simulcast network THIS tv airs the series still weekday mornings at 6:30am (following The Patty Duke Show at 6am). If you don't get that network, then you'll get to see it on cable on Hallmark Movie Channel!
Hallmark Movie Channel will also still continue to air Perry Mason and Murder, She Wrote in the afternoons and encores of Murder, She Wrote in the late night. It is nice to see a sitcom join the network. Perhaps it will make an appearance on the regular Hallmark Channel for a marathon if you don't have Hallmark Movie Channel.
Speaking of Hallmark Channel, they have announced a marathon change. On Sunday, March 24 from 10am-12am, the marathon is now a We Love Lucy Marathon (aka The Lucy-Desi Comedy Hour) replacing the scheduled I Love Lucy marathon. The comedy hour also aired on Feb. 26, so perhaps it did well in the ratings so now Hallmark will air it again. Everything else we mention for Hallmark Channel in March and April will still happen, including The Mary Tyler Moore Show marathon on Sunday, April 1! Keep it right here for continued updates!
FX will be television's comedy destination this summer with the return of two of its acclaimed original series, Louie and Wilfred, the debut of its new late-night original series Strangely Uplifting with Russell Brand, and new sitcom Anger Management starring Charlie Sheen, all airing Thursday nights beginning June 28. The series premiere of FX's first-run acquired comedy Anger Management starring Charlie Sheen kicks off June 28 with the first two episodes airing at 9:00 PM and 9:30 PM ET/PT. In the following weeks, the series will air first-run episodes Thursdays at 9:30 PM with the previous week's episode repeated at 9:00 PM. FX has ordered 10 episodes of Anger Management from producers Debmar-Mercury and Lionsgate Television.
In Anger Management, Sheen stars as "Charlie," a non-traditional therapist specializing in anger management. Selma Blair, Shawnee Smith, Daniela Bobadilla, Michael Arden, and Noureen DeWulf co-star. He has a successful private practice, holding sessions with his group of primary patients each week, as well as performing pro bono counseling for an inmate group at a state prison. Prior to his career as a therapist, Charlie was a stalled minor league baseball prospect whose road to the majors was sidetracked by his own struggle with anger issues. After a stint in anger management therapy, he made it to the majors and had one terrific season before his anger issues put him on the shelf for good. In the final game of his career, he tried to snap a bat over his leg, which resulted in a career-ending injury. That injury led him back to school and to his current profession. Charlie thrives on the chaos in his life while still battling his own anger issues. His life is complicated by his relationships with his own therapist/best friend, an ex-wife whose positive outlook but poor choice in men frustrates Charlie, and their 13-year-old daughter who has obsessive-compulsive disorder. Bruce Helford serves as Executive Producer/Showrunner. Joe Roth, Mark Burg, Dave Caplan are Executive Producers.
Season two of the acclaimed hit comedy Wilfred starring Elijah Wood and Jason Gann debuts at 10:00 PM E/P. Academy Award-winning actor/comedian Robin Williams has signed on for a guest-starring role in the season opener. FX has ordered 13 episodes for season two. Season three of the acclaimed and award-winning comedy series Louie, starring actor/comedian Louis C.K., premieres at 10:30 PM E/P. FX has ordered 13 episodes of the series for season three. Finally, the series premiere of Strangely Uplifting, FX's new late-night comedy starring acclaimed actor/comedian Russell Brand, will debut, at 11:00 PM E/P. The series features Brand's unvarnished, unfiltered take on current events, politics and pop culture. The network has ordered six half-hour installments of the series that will be shot in front of a live audience. The format will draw heavily on Brand's interaction with that audience.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February/March)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbrekable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, March 23
Superstore - "Mateo's Last Day" (NBC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Mateo (Nico Santos) faces complications with his transfer to a Cloud 9 Signature store, he becomes desperate to resolve his undocumented status. Meanwhile, Amy (America Ferrera) helps Glenn (Mark McKinney) battle an Internet troll, Jonah (Ben Feldman) and Cheyenne (Nichole Bloom) try to give Mateo legal counsel, and Dina (Lauren Ash) and Garrett (Colton Dunn) take issue with corporate.
Powerless - "I'm a Friend You" (NBC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Emily (Vanessa Hudgens) learns that Jackie (Christina Kirk) is in need of some extra cash, she can't help but try and do what she can to help her out. Meanwhile, Van (Alan Tudyk) is on a witch hunt and has his eyes set on Teddy (Danny Pudi), Ron (Ron Funches) and Wendy (Jennie Pierson).
Baskets - "Circus" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Christine turns to Arby's after Chip joins the Russians.
Thursday, March 23
- Anthony Anderson (black-ish/Guys with Kids/All About the Andersons) - Catch Anthony on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Connie Britton (Spin City/The Fighting Fitzgeralds/Lost at Home) - Connie is a guest on a repeat of The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Whitney Cummings (Whitney) - Whitney visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Jenna Elfman (Imaginary Mary/Accidentally on Purpose/Courting Alex/Dharma & Greg) - Jenna appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Stephanie Beatriz (Brooklyn Nine-Nine) - Stephanie is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Matt LeBlanc (Man with a Plan/Episodes/Joey/Friends) - Matt visits LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings. He will also be on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- John Leguizamo (The Brothers Garcia) - John guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Zosia Mamet (Girls) - Zosia is a guest on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Kristen Bell (The Good Place) - Kristen chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Craig Ferguson (The Drew Carey Show) - Craig joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Nick D'Agosto (Trial & Error) - Nick is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Emma Roberts (Scream Queens/Unfabulous) - Emma talks about The Blackcoat's Daughter on NBC's Today in the 9am hour. She will also be on the AOL Build Show at 11am.
- Woody Harrelson (Cheers) - Woody talks about Wilson on NBC's Today in the 9am hour. Woody and Laura Dern will be on People Now at 8:30am.
- Marcia Gay Harden (Trophy Wife) - Marcia is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.