Wednesday, February 15, 2012
Hot in Cleveland Season 3 Not Being Split In Half, Many Guest Stars On Board and On Happily Divorced Too
Regis Philbin, Joan Rivers, Georgia Engel (The Mary Tyler Moore Show), Rhea Perlman (Cheers), Roger Bart (Desperate Housewives), Kevin Nealon (Weeds), Craig Bierko and Josh Cribbs (wide receiver for the Cleveland Browns) have been tapped to guest star on the remaining episodes of this season of TV Land's hit sitcom Hot in Cleveland, airing Wednesdays at 10pm ET/PT. They join previously announced and returning guest stars including Jon Lovitz, Gilles Marini (Brothers and Sisters), Ed Asner (The Mary Tyler Moore Show), Christopher Gorham (Covert Affairs), Rick Springfield, James Patrick Stuart (Supernatural) and Kristen Chenoweth (GCB). Hot in Cleveland is currently in its third season, which runs through June. Previously the show was set to take a break after the Feb. 15 episode (the 12th episode of 24), which is tonight, but now it will run through June with Happily Divorced, when that show returns March 7 for a second season (12 episodes). To match up, on Feb. 22 and Feb. 29, Hot in Cleveland will be preempted and will return March 7 to air 12 weeks in a row, as we guessed last week.
Guest starring in tonight's Hot episode are Steven Weber (Wings) as the man who left Joy (Jane Leeves) at the altar in the 1980s, and Carl Reiner (The Dick Van Dyke Show) returning as Elka's (Betty White) beloved Max. The episode, titled "Lost Loves," follows Melanie (Valerie Bertinelli), Joy (Leeves), Victoria (Wendie Malick) and Elka (White) as they try to track down their former loves in the spirit of Valentine's Day – and Melanie finds a new love that may come as a shock to one of her best friends.
As for Happily Divorced, TV Land announced its line-up of small screen vets that will guest star on season two of the hit original sitcom, which premieres on Wednesday, March 7, 2012 at 10:30pm ET/PT immediately following all-new episodes of Hot in Cleveland. This season will see Fran and Peter continuing to adjust to their new life being a straight-gay divorced couple, from Peter having to come out to his brother to Fran selling Peter's part of their joint burial plot, much to his dismay. Drescher will also once again re-unite with her former Nanny co-stars, including Renée Taylor, who appeared on Happily Divorced last season, and Ann Guilbert, who played Yetta on The Nanny. Other guest stars will include Morgan Fairchild (General Hospital), Sean Kanan (The Young and the Restless) and D.W. Moffett (Switched at Birth) in his recurring role as Elliott, Fran’s on-again-off-again flame.
According to Nielsen, the first season of Happily Divorced earned an outstanding 1.0 A25-54 rating, up triple-digits (+179%) compared to TV Land primetime average and scored a 1.3 with W25-54, up 214% versus TV Land primetime. The series also attracted an average audience of 2.2 milllion total viewers, up 125% versus primetime levels (Source: Nielsen, 6/15/11-8/17/11, Wed 10:30p-11p, L+7 data).
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, September 29
Superstore - "Back to Work" (NBC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Jeff (recurring guest star Michael Bunin), the district manager from corporate, tells the Cloud 9 employees he is going to be around for the day to see what can improve in the store. Amy (America Ferrera) tries to impress him with a perfect day, but a workplace accident threatens her plan. Meanwhile, Glenn (Mark McKinney) tries to come off as a tough boss in front of Jeff, Jonah (Ben Feldman) attempts to help an unyielding Dina (Lauren Ash) win over the employees she betrayed in the strike and Mateo (Nico Santos) discovers something about Jeff in his pursuit to win him over.
The Good Place - "Jason Mendoza" (NBC, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Eleanor (Kristen Bell) faces her toughest test yet in her attempt to remain in hiding. Meanwhile, Michael (Ted Danson) enlists Tahani (Jameela Jamil) to help a fellow neighbor fulfill her true purpose.
The Big Bang Theory - "The Earworm Reverberation" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Sheldon has a revelation when he realizes why a song was stuck in his head. Also, Amy invites Dave (Stephen Merchant) over for dinner despite their previously awkward date, and Wolowitz and Koothrappali become obsessed with a fan of their band, “Footprints on the Moon.”
Kevin Can Wait - "Pilot" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Kevin James stars as a newly retired police officer looking forward to spending carefree, quality time with his wife and three kids, only to find he faces tougher challenges at home than he ever did on the streets.
Better Things - "Woman Is the Something of the Something" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Sam gets really looked at.
Thursday, September 29
- Judith Light (Transparent/Phenom/Who's the Boss?) - Catch Judith on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Tim Meadows (Son of Zorn/Marry Me/The Michael Richards Show) - Tim appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He will also be on the AOL Build Show at 3pm.
- Max Greenfield (New Girl/Modern Men) - Max drops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ken Jeong (Dr. Ken/Community), Dave Foley (Dr. Ken/NewsRadio) and Suzy Nakamura (Dr. Ken/Go On) - Ken, Dave and Suzy are guests on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight. Ken will also be on Harry, so check your local listings.
- January Jones (The Last Man on Earth) - January stops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Sarah Jessica Parker (Divorce/Sex and the City/Square Pegs) - Sarah appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Alfonso Ribeiro (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air/In the House/Silver Spoons) - Alfonso joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT. He will also be on the AOL Build Show at 11am.
- Holland Taylor (Two and a Half Men/The Powers That Be) - Holland talks about The Front Page on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Jamie-Lynn Sigler (Guys with Kids) - Jamie-Lynn is a guest on Good Day New York on WNYW-Fox5 in New York sometime between 7-10am and on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Kristen Bell (The Good Place) - Kristen appears on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.