Wednesday, February 15, 2012
Hot in Cleveland Season 3 Not Being Split In Half, Many Guest Stars On Board and On Happily Divorced Too
Regis Philbin, Joan Rivers, Georgia Engel (The Mary Tyler Moore Show), Rhea Perlman (Cheers), Roger Bart (Desperate Housewives), Kevin Nealon (Weeds), Craig Bierko and Josh Cribbs (wide receiver for the Cleveland Browns) have been tapped to guest star on the remaining episodes of this season of TV Land's hit sitcom Hot in Cleveland, airing Wednesdays at 10pm ET/PT. They join previously announced and returning guest stars including Jon Lovitz, Gilles Marini (Brothers and Sisters), Ed Asner (The Mary Tyler Moore Show), Christopher Gorham (Covert Affairs), Rick Springfield, James Patrick Stuart (Supernatural) and Kristen Chenoweth (GCB). Hot in Cleveland is currently in its third season, which runs through June. Previously the show was set to take a break after the Feb. 15 episode (the 12th episode of 24), which is tonight, but now it will run through June with Happily Divorced, when that show returns March 7 for a second season (12 episodes). To match up, on Feb. 22 and Feb. 29, Hot in Cleveland will be preempted and will return March 7 to air 12 weeks in a row, as we guessed last week.
Guest starring in tonight's Hot episode are Steven Weber (Wings) as the man who left Joy (Jane Leeves) at the altar in the 1980s, and Carl Reiner (The Dick Van Dyke Show) returning as Elka's (Betty White) beloved Max. The episode, titled "Lost Loves," follows Melanie (Valerie Bertinelli), Joy (Leeves), Victoria (Wendie Malick) and Elka (White) as they try to track down their former loves in the spirit of Valentine's Day – and Melanie finds a new love that may come as a shock to one of her best friends.
As for Happily Divorced, TV Land announced its line-up of small screen vets that will guest star on season two of the hit original sitcom, which premieres on Wednesday, March 7, 2012 at 10:30pm ET/PT immediately following all-new episodes of Hot in Cleveland. This season will see Fran and Peter continuing to adjust to their new life being a straight-gay divorced couple, from Peter having to come out to his brother to Fran selling Peter's part of their joint burial plot, much to his dismay. Drescher will also once again re-unite with her former Nanny co-stars, including Renée Taylor, who appeared on Happily Divorced last season, and Ann Guilbert, who played Yetta on The Nanny. Other guest stars will include Morgan Fairchild (General Hospital), Sean Kanan (The Young and the Restless) and D.W. Moffett (Switched at Birth) in his recurring role as Elliott, Fran’s on-again-off-again flame.
According to Nielsen, the first season of Happily Divorced earned an outstanding 1.0 A25-54 rating, up triple-digits (+179%) compared to TV Land primetime average and scored a 1.3 with W25-54, up 214% versus TV Land primetime. The series also attracted an average audience of 2.2 milllion total viewers, up 125% versus primetime levels (Source: Nielsen, 6/15/11-8/17/11, Wed 10:30p-11p, L+7 data).
New on DVD/Blu-ray (July/August)
07/08 - The Monkees - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
07/12 - Grady - The Best of Grady
07/20 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 5th Season
07/26 - Family Matters - The Complete Seventh Season (WBShop.com)
07/26 - Where's Huddles? - The Complete Series (WBShop.com)
08/02 - Hangin' with Mr. Cooper - The Complete First Season (WBShop.com)
08/09 - Maude - The Complete Final (Sixth) Season
08/23 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Three
08/23 - Superstore - Season One
08/23 - The Wonder Years - Complete Series (New Slipcase Version)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, August 28
The Simpsons - "The Burns Cage" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Smithers is devastated by Burns’ lack of affection towards him, Homer makes it his mission to find him a boyfriend. Meanwhile, after Bart orchestrates the removal of the lead in the school’s stage production of “Casablanca,” Milhouse serves as a terrible understudy, which frustrates his co-star, Lisa.
The Simpsons - "Teenage Mutant Milk-Caused Hurdles" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
A new teacher arrives (guest voice Sofia Vergara) at Springfield Elementary, and a captivated Bart tries everything to win her over. Meanwhile, Homer decides to buy a new brand of “milk,” which causes early puberty, both for Bart (augmenting his wooing powers) and Lisa (whose small bout with acne opens her up to the world of makeup and popularity).
Brooklyn Nine-Nine - "The Oolong Slayer" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When investigating a serial killer, Jake enlists Holt’s help in an attempt to solve the case off the radar. At the precinct, Rosa and Amy are forced to deal with demands from an old adversary and Terry discovers a new obsession.
Family Guy - "The Heartbreak Dog" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Meg begins working at a retirement community and starts stealing from the residents. Then Chris finds out and wants in on the heist. When the residents catch them, they blackmail them and force the thieves to listen to all of their boring stories.
The Last Man on Earth - "Fourth Finger" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
With little else to do, Tandy starts a prank war within the group. Meanwhile Todd establishes his dominance.
Monday, August 29
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Watch Tika on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. She also talks about Southside with You on NBC's Today in the 9am hour and on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Jerrod Carmichael (The Carmichael Show) - Jerrod is a guest on Tavis Smiley on PBS, so check your local listings.
- Walton Goggins (Vice Principals) - Walton appears on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Fred Savage (The Grinder/Working/The Wonder Years) - Fred guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identiy) - Jerry is a guest on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 12:05am on BET or on your local stations.
- Chris D'Elia, Ron Funches, Rick Glassman and Brent Morin - The cast of Undateable are guests on a repeat of The Real, so check your local listings.
- Sally Field (Gidget/The Flying Nun) - Sally whips up a delicious Pea Pesto & Potatoes with Mario Batali on a repeat of ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Valerie Bertinelli (Hot in Cleveland/One Day at a Time) - Valerie bakes up her Sicilian Love Cake for dessert on a repeat of Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Tyler Labine (Deadbeat/Animal Practice/Mad Love/Sons of Tucson) - Tyler talks about Zoom on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Emeril Lagasse (Emeril) - Emeril explains the surprising origins of his catchphrase “Bam!” on People Now at 8:30am.