Wednesday, February 15, 2012
Hot in Cleveland Season 3 Not Being Split In Half, Many Guest Stars On Board and On Happily Divorced Too
Regis Philbin, Joan Rivers, Georgia Engel (The Mary Tyler Moore Show), Rhea Perlman (Cheers), Roger Bart (Desperate Housewives), Kevin Nealon (Weeds), Craig Bierko and Josh Cribbs (wide receiver for the Cleveland Browns) have been tapped to guest star on the remaining episodes of this season of TV Land's hit sitcom Hot in Cleveland, airing Wednesdays at 10pm ET/PT. They join previously announced and returning guest stars including Jon Lovitz, Gilles Marini (Brothers and Sisters), Ed Asner (The Mary Tyler Moore Show), Christopher Gorham (Covert Affairs), Rick Springfield, James Patrick Stuart (Supernatural) and Kristen Chenoweth (GCB). Hot in Cleveland is currently in its third season, which runs through June. Previously the show was set to take a break after the Feb. 15 episode (the 12th episode of 24), which is tonight, but now it will run through June with Happily Divorced, when that show returns March 7 for a second season (12 episodes). To match up, on Feb. 22 and Feb. 29, Hot in Cleveland will be preempted and will return March 7 to air 12 weeks in a row, as we guessed last week.
Guest starring in tonight's Hot episode are Steven Weber (Wings) as the man who left Joy (Jane Leeves) at the altar in the 1980s, and Carl Reiner (The Dick Van Dyke Show) returning as Elka's (Betty White) beloved Max. The episode, titled "Lost Loves," follows Melanie (Valerie Bertinelli), Joy (Leeves), Victoria (Wendie Malick) and Elka (White) as they try to track down their former loves in the spirit of Valentine's Day – and Melanie finds a new love that may come as a shock to one of her best friends.
As for Happily Divorced, TV Land announced its line-up of small screen vets that will guest star on season two of the hit original sitcom, which premieres on Wednesday, March 7, 2012 at 10:30pm ET/PT immediately following all-new episodes of Hot in Cleveland. This season will see Fran and Peter continuing to adjust to their new life being a straight-gay divorced couple, from Peter having to come out to his brother to Fran selling Peter's part of their joint burial plot, much to his dismay. Drescher will also once again re-unite with her former Nanny co-stars, including Renée Taylor, who appeared on Happily Divorced last season, and Ann Guilbert, who played Yetta on The Nanny. Other guest stars will include Morgan Fairchild (General Hospital), Sean Kanan (The Young and the Restless) and D.W. Moffett (Switched at Birth) in his recurring role as Elliott, Fran’s on-again-off-again flame.
According to Nielsen, the first season of Happily Divorced earned an outstanding 1.0 A25-54 rating, up triple-digits (+179%) compared to TV Land primetime average and scored a 1.3 with W25-54, up 214% versus TV Land primetime. The series also attracted an average audience of 2.2 milllion total viewers, up 125% versus primetime levels (Source: Nielsen, 6/15/11-8/17/11, Wed 10:30p-11p, L+7 data).
New on DVD/Blu-ray (May)
05/03 - Mad About You - The Complete Series
05/03 - The Jim Gaffigan Show - Season One
05/10 - Newhart - The Complete Fifth Season
05/17 - Angie Tribeca - The Complete First Season
05/17 - The Facts of Life - The Final (Ninth) Season
05/24 - The Wonder Years - Season Five
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, May 28
Monday, May 30
- Anthony Anderson (black-ish/Guys with Kids/All About the Andersons) - Watch Anthony on a repeat of The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Eugene Levy and Catherine O'Hara (Schitt's Creek) - Eugene and Catherine are guests on a repeat of The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Ariana Grande (Sam & Cat/Victorious) - Ariana is a musical guest on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Connie Britton (Spin City/The Fighting Fitzgeralds/Lost at Home) - Connie appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jason Sudeikis (The Last Man on Earth/The Cleveland Show) - Jason is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Riki Lindhome (Another Period/Super Fun Night) - Riki appears on a repeat of The Nightly Show with Larry Wilmore at 11:30pm on Comedy Central.
- Tom Lennon (The Odd Couple/Sean Saves the World) - Tom is a guest on a repeat of @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Ron Funches (Undateable) - Ron appears on a repeat of @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Ray Romano (Everybody Loves Raymond) - Ray is a guest on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Jussie Smollett (On Our Own) - Jussie guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Zendaya (K.C. Undercover/Shake It Up) - Zendaya appears on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Michael Strahan (Brothers) - Michael races against the clock in a celebrity guessing game on a repeat of Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.