Monday, February 06, 2012
Fox Announces Tuesday Spring Comedies; TV Land Picks Up Second Season of The Exes, Season 3B of Hot in Cleveland To Air Earlier?
Fox has officially announced the Tuesday night sitcom spring schedule that they planned back at upfront. The full-night of sitcoms on Fox Tuesday will begin Tuesday, March 6. First up, second year comedy Raising Hope will move to a new time of 8:00pm for five weeks. Then at 8:30pm will be the return of multi-camera sitcom I Hate My Teenage Daughter for five weeks. For Raising Hope, two episodes will remain to air after these five weeks, so Fox could use them on another night when needed. For I Hate My Teenage Daughter, only four episodes have aired and after these five air, nine of the thirteen would have aired. Fox could also air the remaining four episodes of this season if needed on another night. The two comedies will replace Glee, which will go on a seven week break after its Feb. 21 airing. A special American Idol will air on the last Tuesday of February sweep on Feb. 28. Glee will return to the Fox line-up on Tuesday, April 10 until the end of the season for its final seven episodes of the season.
At 9pm, Fox will keep its comedy anchor New Girl at 9pm but it will now lead-in to the second season of Breaking In. Fox has ordered 13 episodes for the second season and it will likely air 10 episodes through May 8. Not sure when the others would air, unless they use them on another night or something. The second year sitcom will have new cast member Megan Mullally (Will & Grace) shaking up the Contra Security team. Odette Annable will be a recurring star now as she is now on Fox's House.
Stay with us for any further updates on when the remaining episodes of these comedies will end up airing. As the Breaking In theme goes, "we got your back!"
TV Land has picked up its hit original sitcom, The Exes, for a second season. The Exes, written by Frasier scribe Mark Reisman, stars critically-acclaimed actors Donald Faison (Scrubs), Wayne Knight (Seinfeld, Hot in Cleveland), David Alan Basche, Kelly Stables (Two and a Half Men) and Kristen Johnston (3rd Rock From The Sun). Season two is set to premiere in June of this year along with the network's new original sitcom, Have Faith (working title), starring Cedric "The Entertainer" and Niecy Nash. To date, The Exes has averaged an audience of 1.5 million total viewers, earning a 0.65 Adults 25-54 rating and a 0.81 among Women 25-54 (Source: Nielsen, 11/30/11-1/25/12, Wed 10:30p-11p, most current data). Guest stars this season have included Judith Light (Who's The Boss?), Diedrich Bader (The Drew Carey Show), Janina Gavankar (True Blood), Ken Marino (Party Down) and NBA star Amar'e Stoudemire. The season one finale aired last Wednesday (Feb. 1) at 10:30pm.
So what does this mean for the June launches? As of now it was supposed to be Hot in Cleveland season 3B and Have Faith on Wednesday nights starting June 6, but now it looks like it will be The Exes season two and Have Faith? Or will TV Land open a second night of comedy this summer? We know that Happily Divorced season two moved up and will launch on March 7 at 10:30pm, following repeats of Hot in Cleveland. So perhaps TV Land will air the second half of the third season of Hot in Cleveland now starting March 7 at 10pm after just a two week break (the first half ends on Feb. 15)? We're not sure yet, but we'll let you know. We also await the season two premiere of Retired at 35, as that was originally penciled in for June, but is now delayed. If they open a second night of comedy in June, they could premiere that in June as planned.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)
10/04 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Christmas Special (Colorized)
10/04 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #1 (Colorized)
10/11 - Dr. Ken - Season One
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Series
10/11 - Nurse Jackie - Seasons One and Two
10/11 - Weeds - Seasons One and Two
11/01 - Schitt's Creek - Seasons One and Two
11/08 - Family Matters - The Complete Ninth Season
11/08 - Your Family or Mine - Season One
11/15 - Community - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Lucy Show - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Mindy Project - Season Four
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, December 8
The Big Bang Theory - "The Military Miniaturization" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Colonel Williams (Dean Norris), an Air Force representative from the Department of Material Command sits down to talk with Wolowitz.
The Great Indoors - "@Emma" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Emma quits after being turned down for a raise, Jack and Roland become the magazine’s newest and worst ever social media managers. Also, in a misguided attempt to boost business, Eddie re-brands his bar as “magic-themed.”
Mom - "Cornbread and a Cashmere Onesie" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Christy and Bonnie worry about Jill after her cry for help on the anniversary of her mother’s suicide.
Life in Pieces - "Swim Survivor Zen Talk" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When John decides to try out for “Survivor,” Tim gets jealous and attempts to undermine his audition tape. Also, Colleen confesses she can’t swim when she and Matt discuss Hawaii as a honeymoon destination; Jen pretends to get hooked on meditation so she can use the time to play cell phone games; and Heather gives Sophia the “sex” talk. “Survivor” host Jeff Probst guest stars as himself.
Thursday, December 8
- Jennifer Aniston (Friends) - Catch Jennifer on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Lola Kirke (Mozart in the Jungle) - Lola is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- T.J. Miller (Silicon Valley/The Goodwin Games/Carpoolers) - T.J. appears on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Emeril Lagasse (Emeril) - Emeril guest co-hosts Rachael Ray and makes sausage-stuffed mushrooms, so check your local listings.
- Jodie Sweetin (Fuller House/Full House) and Andrea Barber (Fuller House/Full House) - Jodie and Andrea chat with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT. Jodie joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Judah Friedlander (30 Rock) - Judah is a guest on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Lori Loughlin (Fuller House/Full House) - Lori is a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT. She also talks about what to expect from Season 2 of Fuller House on People Now at 8:30am.
- Scott Patterson (Aliens in America) - Scott talks about Luke and Lorelai’s wedding scene from Gilmore Girls – and if he thinks the two will ever have a baby on People Now at 8:30am.
- Josh Radnor (How I Met Your Mother) - Josh is a guest on the AOL Build Show at 12pm.
- Emmanuelle Chriqui (Entourage) - Emanuelle appears the AOL Build Show 3:45pm.
- Gael Garcia Bernal (Mozart in the Jungle) - Gael is a guest on Chelsea on Netflix.
- Will Smith (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) - Will appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.