Friday, December 02, 2011
Fox announced their mid-season 2012 premiere dates for new and returning series yesterday, including the returns of American Idol, Bob's Burgers and Breaking In; the debuts of new dramas Alcatraz, The Finder and Touch; and the launch of new animated series Napoleon Dynamite. Fox welcomes American Idol back when its 11th season begins with a two-night premiere Wednesday, Jan. 18 from 8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT and Thursday, Jan. 19 at 8:00 PM ET/PT. Then on Sunday, a special extended primetime broadcast will air on Sunday, Jan. 22 at 10:00 PM ET/7:00 PM PT following the NFL NFC Championship Game at 6:00 PM ET live/3:00 PM PT live).
New drama Touch, the distinctive new drama starring Kiefer Sutherland (24) will debut with a special preview Wednesday, Jan. 25 at 9:00 ET/PT, immediately following week two of American Idol . But the uplifting drama will not make its series premiere until Monday, March 19 at 9:00 PM ET/PT. Until then, J.J. Abrams' chilling new thriller Alcatraz will air. It debuts Monday, Jan. 16 from 8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT with a special two-hour premiere event. Then the series then makes its time period premiere on Monday, Jan. 23 at 9:00 PM ET/PT, following all-new episodes of House on its new time of 8:00 PM ET/PT. The Finder, the one-hour procedural from the creators of Bones, joins the schedule Thursday, Jan. 12 at 9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT. The debut follows an encore episode of Bones at 8:00 PM ET/PT, in which series stars Geoff Stults and Michael Clarke Duncan were first introduced. The series will then air after American Idol the following week. Bones will return to the schedule with all-new episodes in the spring.
Moving on to comedy, Napoleon Dynamite, the new animated comedy based on the hit movie, joins the Sunday night lineup with a double dose of 'dynamite' episodes Sunday, Jan. 15, beginning with the series premiere at 8:30 PM ET/PT, followed by a second all-new episode at 9:30 PM ET/PT. The series will be replacing Allen Gregory and there is no word if that will ever even come back after its seven episodes, as it has faltered in the ratings. Beginning March 6, the Tuesday laughs keep coming with a new block of four half-hour comedies led by encores of New Girl at 8:00 PM ET/PT, followed by the Season Two return of Breaking In at 8:30 PM ET/PT, the workplace comedy starring Christian Slater, Bret Harrison, Odette Annable and new series regular Megan Mullally. The Tuesday night of comedy continues with all-new episodes of New Girl at 9:00 PM ET/PT, followed by the all-new misadventures of the Chance family on Raising Hope at 9:30 PM ET/PT. After its winter finale on February 28, Glee will return with all-new episodes in the spring. Breaking In would then likely move to 9:30 PM to finish off its season and perhaps Raising Hope will finish its season out before that happens. And finally back to animation, Bob's Burgers returns to the Sunday menu when it makes its Season Two opening Sunday, March 11 at 8:30-PM ET/PT, after the season of Napoleon Dynamite concludes on March 4.
Other Fox notes, Mobbed flashes back to the schedule with all-new special episodes airing Wednesdays at 9:00 PM ET/PT for a few weeks: Jan. 4, Jan. 11, Feb. 1 and Feb. 8. Also, another America's Most Wanted Special Edition airs Saturday, Feb. 11 from 8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT. And I Hate My Teenage Daughter, which just launched on Wednesday, will return with all-new episodes following American Idol in the spring. The sitcom will only air this month, as of now. It's not a good sign if they only air 4 or so episodes in December and then hold it until spring, if it ever even returns. We'll keep you up to date. View the complete Fox 2012 mid-season schedule that they have announced thus far. Spring dates for Bones, Glee, and I Hate My Teenage Daughter still to come, along with the fate for Allen Gregory & Terra Nova. Both of those will finish their seasons later this month and have not been picked-up for a second season yet, like The X Factor has.
It's Friday, so it is time for "Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows" for the coming week. This is where we list what sitcom stars are appearing on talk shows for the coming week, the stars are both current and past sitcom stars, so this is for all sitcom fans of all eras!
For the week of December 5-9, 2011, we have many current sitcom stars and past sitcom stars on TV talk shows! All times listed are Eastern. So get your DVR's (or whatever you use) ready! Ready? Here is all what you need to know for the coming week!
Monday, December 5, 2011
- Kristen Johnston (The Exes/3rd Rock From the Sun) - Watch Kristen on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS and on The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Christina Applegate (Up All Night/Samantha Who?/Married with Children) - Christina appears on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 12am on ABC.
- Alec Baldwin (30 Rock) - Alec drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Damon Wayans, Jr. (Happy Endings) - Damon visits Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Fred Willard (Back to You/Everybody Loves Raymond/Maybe It's Me) - Tune in to see Fred on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Valerie Bertinelli (Hot in Cleveland/One Day at a Time) - Catch Valerie on the Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Sarah Jessica Parker (Sex and the City/Square Pegs) - Sarah visits LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings and later she will be on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
- Sofia Vergara (Modern Family) - Sofia stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Betty White (Hot in Cleveland/The Golden Girls/The Mary Tyler Moore Show) - The legendary Ms. White is a guest on Anderson, so check your local listings.
- Cheryl Hines (Suburgatory/Curb Your Enthusiasm) - Cheryl chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT and later she will be on The Chew on ABC at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Donald Faison (The Exes/Scrubs) - Watch Donald on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Tracee Ellis Ross Reed Between the Lines/Girlfriends) - Tracee is a guest on The Rosie Show at 7pm on OWN.
- Garry Marshall (Creator of Happy Days/Laverne & Shirley/Mork & Mindy) - Garry talks about his new movie, New Year's Eve, on NBC's Today between 10-11am.
- Chris D'Elia (Whitney) - Catch Chris on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Judy Greer (Mad Love/Miss Guided/Arrested Development) - Judy is a guest on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 12am on ABC.
- Kevin Nealon (Weeds) - Kevin visits The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Jeremy Piven (Entourage/Ellen) - Jeremy drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Vicki Lawrence (Mama's Family) - Vicki appears on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Florence Henderson (The Brady Bunch) - Watch Florence on Tavis Smiley on PBS, but check listings for time.
- Jeremy Piven (Entourage/Ellen) - Jeremy continues to make the rounds on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)
10/04 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Christmas Special (Colorized)
10/04 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #1 (Colorized)
10/11 - Dr. Ken - Season One
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Series
10/11 - Nurse Jackie - Seasons One and Two
10/11 - Weeds - Seasons One and Two
11/01 - Schitt's Creek - Seasons One and Two
11/08 - Family Matters - The Complete Ninth Season
11/08 - Your Family or Mine - Season One
11/15 - Community - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Lucy Show - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Mindy Project - Season Four
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, December 4
The Simpsons - "The Last Traction Hero" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
A workplace accident leaves Homer in a cast, and in a position to sue Mr. Burns. This leaves Marge unfulfilled, so she turns to an unexpected source for romance. Meanwhile, Lisa is made “Bus Monitor” and tries to keep the peace.
Son of Zorn - "Return of the Drinking Buddy" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Zorn’s old friend Headbutt Man (guest voice Rob Riggle) is coming to town. Unfortunately for Zorn, Headbutt Man is now sober. Meanwhile, Alan is invited to a party where his crush, Nancy (guest star Emily Wong), will be. Unfortunately, he has to take Headbutt man’s daughter with him.
Family Guy - "Carter and Tricia" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Carter buys the Pawtucket Patriot brewery and decides to cut some corners to save a few bucks. Peter overhears the plan and runs and tells investigative journalist Tricia Takanawa about Carter’s plan to use toxic chemicals in the beer cans. Meanwhile, Brian’s drivers’ license has expired and he enlists Stewie as an instructor.
The Last Man on Earth - "Whitney Houston, We Have a Problem" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
After finding a mysterious note left by Melissa that says “Goodbye,” the gang sets off to go look for her. Meanwhile, Gail gets stuck on a solo adventure of her own.
K.C. Undercover - "Holly Holly Not So Jolly" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Christmas time arrives and K.C. tells everyone she has to go pick up a last-minute gift, but instead goes to The Organization's therapist, Dr. Levinstein.
Mech X-4 - "Let's Survive in the Woods!" (Disney Channel, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Principal Grey sets a trap for Ryan, Harris and Spyder while they're on a camping trip, which leaves MECH-X4 and Mark in danger.
Best Friends Whenever - "The Christmas Curse" (Disney Channel, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Shelby and Cyd encourage a homesick Daisy to incorporate a festive 16th-century tradition into their annual Christmas party.
Monday, December 5
- Will Smith (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) - Watch Will on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Steve Harvey (The Steve Harvey Show) - Steve visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. He chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jason Bateman (Arrested Development/The Hogan Family/It's Your Move) - Jason visits The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Gael García Bernal (Mozart in the Jungle) - Gael is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Steve Agee (The Sarah Silverman Program) - Steve appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- The Cast of Fuller House - The cast of Fuller House are guests on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Patricia Heaton (The Middle/Back to You/Everybody Loves Raymond) - Patricia stops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Miss Piggy (The Muppets) - Miss Piggy and Harry perform Deck the Halls on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Meredith Hagner (Search Party/Men at Work) - Meredith is a guest on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Lauren Graham (The Odd Couple/Conrad Bloom/Townies) - Lauren appears on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- T.J. Miller (Silicon Valley/The Goodwin Games/Carpoolers) - T.J. talks about Office Christmas Party on the AOL Build Show at 3pm. He will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET. He can also be heard on The Morning Mash Up on SiriusXM at 9:50am.
- Bradley Whitford (Happyish/Trophy Wife) - Bradley is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Josh McDermitt (Retired at 35) - Josh can be heard on The Morning Mash Up on SiriusXM at 10:45am.
- Erinn Hayes (Kevin Can Wait/Guys with Kids/Worst Week) - Erinn talks about Kevin Can Wait on the AOL Build Show at 4pm.