Thursday, October 20, 2011
Today we are starting a campaign to get actress Amy Davidson (8 Simple Rules) on ABC's new comedy Suburgatory! The hit comedy Suburgatory has premiered on ABC's popular Laugh On Wednesday comedy block. As we know, the series stars break-out star Jane Levy about a father and daughter moving from Manhattan to the suburbs. Single father George (Jeremy Sisto) only wants the best for his 16-year-old daughter, Tessa (Jane Levy). So when he finds a box of condoms on her nightstand, he moves them both out of their apartment in New York City to a house in the suburbs. But all Tessa sees is the horror of over-manicured lawns and plastic Franken-moms. Being in the 'burbs can be hell, but it also may just bring Tessa and George closer than they've ever been.
We at SitcomsOnline.com love the comedy and think it is the best new comedy this fall! While watching the pilot, we thought it would be great to have actress Amy Davidson (8 Simple Rules) either guest star or recur on this comedy as a cousin or any other character the producers/casting have in mind. She would be a perfect match for this series because she is so much like Jane Levy -- a talented comedic star! And she also is spitting image of Jane!
Amy Davidson of course is best known for playing Kerry Hennessy on the popular ABC sitcom 8 Simple Rules, which starred TV legend John Ritter. She showed her comedic chops on that sitcom and had great chemistry with John Ritter and the entire cast. John Ritter even called Amy Davidson "very talented." Amy has also worked with other great TV stars in her career such as Betty White, Katey Sagal, Ted Danson, James Garner, David Spade, Richard Thomas, Kaley Cuoco, Mary-Kate & Ashley Olsen, Tom Cavanagh, and Sharon Lawrence.
Amy is a versatile actress with broad range in comedy and drama. Her latest TV appearance on a chilling episode of CSI was riveting television. She also showed her versatility in a great performance on the TV mini-series The Capture of the Green River Killer. But since we love comedy, we want to see Amy back on a TV comedy showing more of her great talent! We urge all of you to please sign this because Suburgatory and Amy Davidson are a perfect match and would make for great TV!
Please leave your name and comments to help us get Amy Davidson on this wonderful show! We will be sending this along to the producers and casting for the series! Thanks and spread the word! Follow Amy Davidson on Twitter and "Like" Amy Davidson on Facebook.
Onto some news, Broadcast Partners has announced it had entered into a license deal with both MeTV Network and ThisTV to bring its 2011 holiday package to life. MeTV and ThisTV will be airing ten great timeless holiday classics: He-Man and She-Ra Christmas Special, The Legend of Frosty, Cricket on The Hearth, Fat Albert Christmas Special, First Snow of Christmas, Forgotten Toy's Christmas, Poky Little Puppy's First Christmas, Santa's Last Christmas, Second Star to the Left, and Snow White Christmas. MeTV and ThisTV are bringing a huge national audience to some amazing titles that frankly have been unseen in years, notes Broadcast's Partner's President Neal Ardman. He adds, how wonderful it is for parents to now be able to share some of these holiday memories with their own children. These classics include star voices like Bill Cosby, Hugh Laurie, Danny Thomas and Ed Ames and even a song by funny man Burt Reynolds!
Stay with us for more on these specials when MeTV Network and ThisTV announce their 2011 holiday schedules! Let's hope for some cool sitcom holiday episode stunts, too!
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, July 24
The Big Bang Theory - "The Discovery Dissipation" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Leonard and Amy help Sheldon cope with the shame he’s feeling after his accidental contribution to science is disproved. Meanwhile, Raj must stay with Howard and Bernadette for a week.
The Millers - "Driving Miss Crazy" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Nathan gets frustrated after he’s forced to drive Carol around town for errands once again, he demands that she either learn how to drive or find another chauffeur. But when Debbie volunteers Adam to drive Carol, everyone’s surprised when they form an unexpected bond.
Welcome to Sweden - "Proving Love/Lagenhet" (NBC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Bruce (Greg Poehler) and Emma (Josephine Bornebusch) move into an apartment in Stockholm and Bruce tries his best to introduce himself to the neighbors. Meanwhile, the couple is forced to prove their relationship at the immigration office, but the interviews don’t go quite as planned. Elsewhere, Emma suspects one of Bruce’s former clients, Aubrey Plaza (guest starring as herself), may be stalking him, while another, Amy Poehler (guest starring as herself), is in desperate need of his professional assistance.
Working the Engels - "Jenna's Friend" (NBC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Jimmy (Benjamin Arthur) gives their grandmother’s ring to a stripper, Jenna (Kacey Rohl) is forced to intervene to get it back – and makes an unlikely friend in the process. Meanwhile, Sandy (Azura Skye) wins free mother/daughter hip-hop classes and brings Ceil (Andrea Martin) along, but they quickly realize the class isn't meant for them. Ceil is ready to get out of there, until a former friend makes fun of Sandy, and then Ceil is determined not only that they stay, but that they win the dance competition. Rachel Wilson, Rebecca Dalton and Shawn Byfield guest star.
Married - "The Shower" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
A.J. and Jess hijack Russ and Lina's night out.
You're the Worst - "Insouciance" (FX, 10:30PM ET/PT)
Jimmy attempts to take Gretchen on a date.
Love That Girl - "The Hot Seat" (TV One, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Imunique agrees to throw a bachelorette party for DeMiracle's fiance.
Thursday, July 24
- David Duchovny (Californication) - Catch David on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Mary Lynn Rajskub (How to Be a Gentleman) - Mary Lynn stops by Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Mo'Nique (The Parkers) - Mo'Nique appears on a repeat of The Arsenio Hall Show, so check your local listings.
- Wanda Sykes (The New Adventures of Old Christine/Wanda at Large) - Wanda is a guest on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Kristin Chenoweth (Kristin) - Tune in to see Kristin on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Judy Greer (Married/Mad Love/Miss Guided) and Nat Faxon (Married/Ben and Kate) - Judy and Nat talk about their new FX series Married on NBC's Today in the 9am hour. They will also be on HuffPost Live.
- Adrienne Barbeau (Maude) - Adrienne discusses her role in the Hallmark Movie Channel original movie The Memory Book on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Greg Poehler (Welcome to Sweden) - Greg is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Leah Remini (The King of Queens/Family Tools) - Leah appears on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 3am on BET.
- Craig Ferguson (The Drew Carey Show) - Craig will be on Larry King Now at 2/5pm PT/ET on Ora.tv and Hulu.
- Jennie Garth and Tori Spelling (Mystery Girls) - Jennie and Tori are guests on Fox & Friends on Fox News Channel at 7:45am. Jennie will also be on HuffPost Live.