Thursday, September 15, 2011
TV One Fall 2011 Schedule; Hot in Cleveland Starts Production On Season 3, Schedule Notes for TV Land Comedies
On Saturdays, there are some changes to the morning sitcom line-up. That's My Mama will now kick the block off from 6-7am, as Like Family will move to 7-8am, replacing All Of Us, which is now gone on Saturdays, too. In the 8am hour, Half & Half will now air replacing The Flip Wilson Show, which is now gone from the line-up as well. A Different World will air in the 9am hour, since That's My Mama is moving to 6am. And closing the Saturday block off will still be Sanford & Son from 10-11am and Good Times from 11am-12pm.
As of now, that is all we know. Should anything change or if there is a new addition, we will let you know first. As always, keep it right here!
TV Land announced that the network's hit original sitcom, Hot in Cleveland, begins production on its third season this week. The series, which stars veteran sitcom actresses Valerie Bertinelli, Jane Leeves, Wendie Malick and living legend Betty White, was just awarded a Creative Arts Emmy® Award for Outstanding Art Direction For A Multi-Camera Series (Michael Andrew Hynes and Maralee Zediker). Betty White was also recently nominated for an Emmy® Award for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series for her work on the sitcom. Hot in Cleveland will have its season three premiere on Wednesday, November 30 at 10pm ET/PT, immediately followed by the series premiere of TV Land's newest original sitcom, The Exes.
Guest stars lined up for the season include Kathie Lee Gifford, Sandra Bernhard (Roseanne), Laura San Giacomo (Just Shoot Me), Gilles Marini (Brothers & Sisters) and many more. Sean Hayes (Will & Grace), who serves as executive producer of the show, will also guest star. Season three will also see the return of some familiar faces in returning guest stars such as Don Rickles as Elka's (White) husband, Bobby, who was long thought to be dead; Jennifer Love Hewitt (Ghost Whisperer) as Victoria's (Malick) daughter, Emmy; Joe Jonas as Melanie's (Bertinelli) son, Will; Huey Lewis (Just Shoot Me) as Victoria's aging rock star booty call, Johnny; John Mahoney (Frasier), playing a waiter who gets a little too involved in his customer's personal lives; and Susan Lucci (All My Children), reprising her role as a fictional and more evil version of herself.
SPOILER ALERT: Last we left the ladies, Bobby – Elka's presumed-dead husband – turned up at Elka's wedding right before she was about to say "I do" to Fred (Buck Henry). Meanwhile, Melanie, Victoria and Joy (Leeves) were recovering from a wicked night of drinking at the bachelorette party the previous night, when Melanie competed in a one-woman wet t-shirt contest, and Victoria and Joy took some vows of their own. Season three enters into the aftermath of this perfect recipe for disaster.
Look for other TV Land original series after Hot in Cleveland (13 episodes, Nov. 30-Feb. 15) and The Exes (10 episodes, Nov. 30-Feb. 1), as Retired at 35 returns for season two on March 7, 2012 (tentative date) with ten all-new episodes and season two of Happily Divorced (12 all-new episodes) on June 6, 2012 following the second half of season three episodes (12 more episodes) for Hot in Cleveland. We will have more on all these as we get closer to premiere! Stay tuned.
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, July 24
The Big Bang Theory - "The Discovery Dissipation" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Leonard and Amy help Sheldon cope with the shame he’s feeling after his accidental contribution to science is disproved. Meanwhile, Raj must stay with Howard and Bernadette for a week.
The Millers - "Driving Miss Crazy" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Nathan gets frustrated after he’s forced to drive Carol around town for errands once again, he demands that she either learn how to drive or find another chauffeur. But when Debbie volunteers Adam to drive Carol, everyone’s surprised when they form an unexpected bond.
Welcome to Sweden - "Proving Love/Lagenhet" (NBC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Bruce (Greg Poehler) and Emma (Josephine Bornebusch) move into an apartment in Stockholm and Bruce tries his best to introduce himself to the neighbors. Meanwhile, the couple is forced to prove their relationship at the immigration office, but the interviews don’t go quite as planned. Elsewhere, Emma suspects one of Bruce’s former clients, Aubrey Plaza (guest starring as herself), may be stalking him, while another, Amy Poehler (guest starring as herself), is in desperate need of his professional assistance.
Working the Engels - "Jenna's Friend" (NBC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Jimmy (Benjamin Arthur) gives their grandmother’s ring to a stripper, Jenna (Kacey Rohl) is forced to intervene to get it back – and makes an unlikely friend in the process. Meanwhile, Sandy (Azura Skye) wins free mother/daughter hip-hop classes and brings Ceil (Andrea Martin) along, but they quickly realize the class isn't meant for them. Ceil is ready to get out of there, until a former friend makes fun of Sandy, and then Ceil is determined not only that they stay, but that they win the dance competition. Rachel Wilson, Rebecca Dalton and Shawn Byfield guest star.
Married - "The Shower" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
A.J. and Jess hijack Russ and Lina's night out.
You're the Worst - "Insouciance" (FX, 10:30PM ET/PT)
Jimmy attempts to take Gretchen on a date.
Love That Girl - "The Hot Seat" (TV One, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Imunique agrees to throw a bachelorette party for DeMiracle's fiance.
Thursday, July 24
- David Duchovny (Californication) - Catch David on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Mary Lynn Rajskub (How to Be a Gentleman) - Mary Lynn stops by Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Mo'Nique (The Parkers) - Mo'Nique appears on a repeat of The Arsenio Hall Show, so check your local listings.
- Wanda Sykes (The New Adventures of Old Christine/Wanda at Large) - Wanda is a guest on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Kristin Chenoweth (Kristin) - Tune in to see Kristin on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Judy Greer (Married/Mad Love/Miss Guided) and Nat Faxon (Married/Ben and Kate) - Judy and Nat talk about their new FX series Married on NBC's Today in the 9am hour. They will also be on HuffPost Live.
- Adrienne Barbeau (Maude) - Adrienne discusses her role in the Hallmark Movie Channel original movie The Memory Book on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Greg Poehler (Welcome to Sweden) - Greg is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Leah Remini (The King of Queens/Family Tools) - Leah appears on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 3am on BET.
- Craig Ferguson (The Drew Carey Show) - Craig will be on Larry King Now at 2/5pm PT/ET on Ora.tv and Hulu.
- Jennie Garth and Tori Spelling (Mystery Girls) - Jennie and Tori are guests on Fox & Friends on Fox News Channel at 7:45am. Jennie will also be on HuffPost Live.