Thursday, September 15, 2011
TV One Fall 2011 Schedule; Hot in Cleveland Starts Production On Season 3, Schedule Notes for TV Land Comedies
On Saturdays, there are some changes to the morning sitcom line-up. That's My Mama will now kick the block off from 6-7am, as Like Family will move to 7-8am, replacing All Of Us, which is now gone on Saturdays, too. In the 8am hour, Half & Half will now air replacing The Flip Wilson Show, which is now gone from the line-up as well. A Different World will air in the 9am hour, since That's My Mama is moving to 6am. And closing the Saturday block off will still be Sanford & Son from 10-11am and Good Times from 11am-12pm.
As of now, that is all we know. Should anything change or if there is a new addition, we will let you know first. As always, keep it right here!
TV Land announced that the network's hit original sitcom, Hot in Cleveland, begins production on its third season this week. The series, which stars veteran sitcom actresses Valerie Bertinelli, Jane Leeves, Wendie Malick and living legend Betty White, was just awarded a Creative Arts Emmy® Award for Outstanding Art Direction For A Multi-Camera Series (Michael Andrew Hynes and Maralee Zediker). Betty White was also recently nominated for an Emmy® Award for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series for her work on the sitcom. Hot in Cleveland will have its season three premiere on Wednesday, November 30 at 10pm ET/PT, immediately followed by the series premiere of TV Land's newest original sitcom, The Exes.
Guest stars lined up for the season include Kathie Lee Gifford, Sandra Bernhard (Roseanne), Laura San Giacomo (Just Shoot Me), Gilles Marini (Brothers & Sisters) and many more. Sean Hayes (Will & Grace), who serves as executive producer of the show, will also guest star. Season three will also see the return of some familiar faces in returning guest stars such as Don Rickles as Elka's (White) husband, Bobby, who was long thought to be dead; Jennifer Love Hewitt (Ghost Whisperer) as Victoria's (Malick) daughter, Emmy; Joe Jonas as Melanie's (Bertinelli) son, Will; Huey Lewis (Just Shoot Me) as Victoria's aging rock star booty call, Johnny; John Mahoney (Frasier), playing a waiter who gets a little too involved in his customer's personal lives; and Susan Lucci (All My Children), reprising her role as a fictional and more evil version of herself.
SPOILER ALERT: Last we left the ladies, Bobby – Elka's presumed-dead husband – turned up at Elka's wedding right before she was about to say "I do" to Fred (Buck Henry). Meanwhile, Melanie, Victoria and Joy (Leeves) were recovering from a wicked night of drinking at the bachelorette party the previous night, when Melanie competed in a one-woman wet t-shirt contest, and Victoria and Joy took some vows of their own. Season three enters into the aftermath of this perfect recipe for disaster.
Look for other TV Land original series after Hot in Cleveland (13 episodes, Nov. 30-Feb. 15) and The Exes (10 episodes, Nov. 30-Feb. 1), as Retired at 35 returns for season two on March 7, 2012 (tentative date) with ten all-new episodes and season two of Happily Divorced (12 all-new episodes) on June 6, 2012 following the second half of season three episodes (12 more episodes) for Hot in Cleveland. We will have more on all these as we get closer to premiere! Stay tuned.
Bob's Burgers - "The Frond Files" (Fox, 7:00PM ET/PT)
Bob and Linda visit school and learn that their kids' essays about their fantasy version of Wagstaff are "too creative" and "offensive." Eugene transforms the school into a "Fart School for the Gifted" (watch out for Keyboard Jail); Tina, to her delight, depicts a world where she is romanced by countless zombie teenage boys; and Louise creates a school where she takes down a robotic Mr. Frond from the future ("We need more creamed corn!").
The Simpsons - "Diggs" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT)
Bart is rescued from a confrontation with Springfield Elementary's bullies by Diggs (guest voice Daniel Radcliffe), a recent transfer student and aspiring champion in the niche sport of falconry. But, Bart soon discovers that Diggs wants to do more than just wrangle falcons: he wants to take to the sky himself.
The Simpsons - "The Man Who Grew Too Much" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
On a research trip, Lisa is shocked to discover that Sideshow Bob is now the chief scientist at a massive chemical engineering company, but her fears are allayed as she becomes enamored with his likeminded appreciation of high-culture. Meanwhile, Marge's attempt to preach healthy sexual practices to a teen church group goes awry.
Family Guy - "Mom's the Word" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
After Peter's mother passes away, he forms a special friendship with her longtime pal, Evelyn (guest voice Lauren Bacall), who attempts to seduce Peter. Meanwhile, Stewie is distraught when he understands the reality of death for the first time.
Liv and Maddie - "Slump-A-Rooney" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Maddie and Willow are excited to try out for the school's varsity softball team but Willow is in a slump and Maddie figures out why.
I Didn't Do It - "If It Takes Like a Brussels Sprout" (Disney Channel, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Jasmine and Logan invent a spray that makes vegetables taste even more delicious.
Austin & Ally - "Cupids & Cuties" (Disney Channel, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Trish is nervous about an upcoming visit from a boy she has a crush on and acts strangely when he takes her on a date.
Monday, March 10
- Steve Harvey (The Steve Harvey Show) - Watch Steve on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. He also chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Demi Lovato (Sonny with a Chance) - Demi stops by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Andy Samberg (Brooklyn Nine-Nine) - Andy appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Busy Philipps (Cougar Town) - Busy visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Minnie Driver (About a Boy) - Minnie is part of the guest panel on Chelsea Lately on E! at 11pm.
- Kevin Nealon (Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Weeds) - Kevin drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Nia Long (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air), Zulay Henao (Love Thy Neighbor), Terry Crews (Brooklyn Nine-Nine/Are We There Yet?/Everybody Hates Chris) and Wendi McLendon-Covey (The Goldbergs) - The cast of The Single Moms Club are guests on The Arsenio Hall Show, so check your local listings.
- Paul Scheer (The League) - Paul appears on The Pete Holmes Show at midnight on TBS.
- Ray Romano (Everybody Loves Raymond) - Ray appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Krysten Ritter (Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23) - Krysten talks about her new movie Veronica Mars on The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Jennie Garth (What I Like About You) - Jennie joins Clinton Kelly and prepares a savory layered dish with mushrooms and polenta and discusses her new book (Deep Thoughts from a Hollywood Blonde) on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Marcia Gay Harden (Trophy Wife) - Marcia chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Wendi McLendon-Covey and Troy Gentile (The Goldbergs) - Wendi and Troy will be on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings. Wendi will also be on The Better Show, so check your local listings.
- Chris Lowell (Enlisted) - Chris talks about the new Veronica Mars movie on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Jenna Elfman (Growing Up Fisher/1600 Penn/Dharma & Greg) - Jenna is a guest on The Queen Latifah Show, so check your local listings.
- The Cast of Mixology - The cast of Mixology will be guests on Pop Sugar on TV Guide Network at 6pm and on the next day on their website at noon.