Friday, September 30, 2011
Blog Book Review: The Official Dick Van Dyke Show Book (Revised and Updated Edition); Sitcom Stars On Talk Shows (Week of October 3, 2011)
A few additional notes on the revised and updated edition:
- Revised, rewritten and completely updated from the first to the last page
- Includes tons of new photographs, many of them never before published
- New passages where needed to incorporate interesting sidelights of the show that the author has since discovered, including the existence of a Dick Van Dyke Show opera
- New illustration of the cast by Drew Friedman
It's Friday, so it is time for "Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows" for the coming week. This is where we list what sitcom stars are appearing on talk shows for the coming week, the stars are both current and past sitcom stars, so this is for all sitcom fans of all eras!
For the week of October 3-7, 2011, we have many current sitcom stars and past sitcom stars on TV talk shows! All times listed are Eastern. So get your DVR's (or whatever you use) ready! Ready? Here is all what you need to know for the coming week!
Monday, October 3, 2011
- Paul Scheer (The League) - Watch Paul on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
- Jack McBrayer (30 Rock) - Catch Jack on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Ellie Kemper (The Office) - Ellie drops by The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Cheryl Hines (Suburgatory/Curb Your Enthusiasm) - Cheryl is a guest on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings.
- Cedric the Entertainer (The Steve Harvey Show) - Cedric chats on The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Kaitlin Olson (It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia) - Catch Kaitlin on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:36am on NBC.
- John Lithgow (3rd Rock from the Sun/Twenty Good Years) - John is a guest on The Colbert Report at 11:30pm on Comedy Central.
- Kaley Cuoco (The Big Bang Theory/8 Simple Rules) - The lovely Kaley visits LIVE! with Regis & Kelly, so check your listings.
- Joel McHale (Community) - Joel drops by The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings.
- Growing Pains Cast - The cast of Growing Pains gathers for an I Love the 80s reunion on Good Morning America on ABC between 7-9am. Part Two will air on Thursday, October 6.
- Tim Allen (Last Man Standing/Home Improvement) - Watch Tim on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC. Last Man Standing premieres on October 11 at 8:00pm on ABC.
- Will Arnett (Up All Night/Arrested Development) - Tune in to see Will on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 12am on ABC. Up All Night airs on Wednesdays at 8:00pm on NBC.
- Jane Levy (Suburgatory) - Jane drops by Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 12am on ABC. The funny Suburgatory airs on ABC on Wednesdays at 8:30pm.
- Joel McHale (Community) - Joel continues his appearances this week on Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Eliza Coupe (Happy Endings) - Eliza visits The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Ana Gasteyer (Suburgatory) - Ana stops by The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Aubrey Plaza (Parks and Recreation) - Catch Aubrey on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Eliza Coupe (Happy Endings/Scrubs) - Eliza continues her appearances this week on the Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- John Lithgow (3rd Rock from the Sun/Twenty Good Years) - John continues to make the rounds on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Brandy (Moesha) - Brandy is a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Brooke Shields (Suddenly Susan) - Brooke visits The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Jamie Foxx, Chris Rock, Tina Fey and Betty White - Gayle's funniest guests are part of a Best of: Lolz episode of The Gayle King Show at 10am on OWN.
- Bryan Cranston (Malcolm in the Middle) - Watch Bryan on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Alison Brie (Community) - Alison visits Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
- Cheryl Hines (Suburgatory/Curb Your Enthusiasm) - Catch Cheryl on a repeat of Chelsea Lately on E! at 11pm.
- Jennifer Aniston (Friends) - Jennifer chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Florence Henderson (The Brady Bunch) - Florence is a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Steve Harvey (The Steve Harvey Show) - Catch Steve on a repeat of The Mo'nique Show at 3am on BET.
The Big Bang Theory - "The Anything Can Happen Recurrence" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Sheldon tries to be spontaneous, it leads to unexpected friction between Penny, Amy and Bernadette. Meanwhile, Raj seeks Howard’s help in preparing for a date with Emily.
The Millers - "Tomlandia" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Nathan pitches a children’s show to his boss, Ed Dolan, based on Tom’s imaginary comic book, Tom has an adverse reaction to the tweaks made to his cherished world. Jeffrey Tambor returns as Ed Dolan, Nathan’s boss.
Two and a Half Men - "Lotta Delis in Little Armenia" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Alan stumbles upon an opportunity to make money. Meanwhile, Walden has to address his co-dependency issues.
Bad Teacher - "Pilot" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Former trophy wife Meredith Davis seeks a return to a life of leisure and luxury by posing as a teacher at an upscale elementary school to meet the students’ rich, single fathers and land one to marry. However, her plan hits a major snag and she faces exposure when her unconventional – and mostly unsuitable – teaching methods raise the suspicions of a fellow faculty member. Read our review.
Surviving Jack - "Something to Talk About" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
During an evening of inopportune timing, Frankie introduces his new girlfriend, Heather (guest star Lili Reinhart), to Joanne, who has just gotten her tubes tied and is still on pain medication. Instead of taking care of Joanne post-surgery, Jack has his hands full policing Frankie and Rachel. Meanwhile, George and Mikey try to retrieve a porn video they disguised in a "Casablanca" VHS case that has been placed into the wrong hands at the Dunlevy house.
Parks and Recreation - "Moving Up" (NBC, 8:00-9:00PM ET/PT)
Leslie (Amy Poehler), Ben (Adam Scott), and Andy (Chris Pratt) head to San Francisco for a National Parks Conference. Tom (Aziz Ansari) opens his restaurant, Ron (Nick Offerman) has another run-in with his ex-wife Tammy 2 (Special Guest Megan Mullally), Andy lives a rock and roll fantasy, and Leslie makes a huge decision about her future.
Saint George - "Hot Blooded" (FX, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Alma sets George up on a date with a Latina doctor, and George discovers the woman is crazy.
Anger Management - "Charlie Spends the Night with Lacey" (FX, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Charlie spends the night with Lacey to keep her from killing her ex-boyfriend.
Sirens - "There's No "I" in Ice Cream" (USA Network, 10:00PM ET/PT)
The crew remembers a day that followed the full spectrum of excitement; Johnny tries to find out who ate the last doughnut.
- "Distant Mom" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
The kids return from a vacation to Mozambique with their mom, Kim, only to learn the trip was actually a job interview at the embassy. They soon find out they are moving to Africa and away from Stephanie and Charlie. Guest Star: Holly Robinson Peete.
See Dad Run - "See Dad Run Into Marcus' Nephew" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Emily takes Amy's car to a party with Marcus' nephew after she was forbidden from driving at night, and must race back to beat David home. Joe wants more responsibility so asks to babysit Janie. Guest Star: Larramie "Doc" Shaw.
The Rickey Smiley Show - "Roll Pounce" (TV One, 10:00PM ET/PT)
The annual skate off has a surprise entry.
Thursday, April 24
- Neil Patrick Harris (How I Met Your Mother/Doogie Howser, M.D.) - Catch Neil on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Sarah Hyland (Modern Family) - Sarah appears on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Julie Bowen (Modern Family) - Jim is a guest on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- James Van Der Beek (Friends with Lives/Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23) - James stops by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. He will also be on Big Morning Buzz Live on VH1 at 10am.
- Zoe Lister-Jones (Friends with Better Lives/Whitney) - Zoe visits The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Tom Lennon (Sean Saves the World/Reno 911!) - Tom is a guest on @midnight at midnight on Comedy Central.
- Mary McCormack (Welcome to the Family) - Mary guest co-hosts Chelsea Lately on E! at 11pm.
- Mario Lopez (Saved by the Bell) - Mario appears on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Brandy Norwood (The Game/Moesha) - Tune in to see Brandy on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- The Cast of Bad Teacher - Sara Gilbert, Ari Graynor, David Alan Grier and Ryan Hansen are guests on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Candace Cameron-Bure (Full House) - Candace guest co-hosts The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Molly Ephraim (Last Man Standing) - Molly shares behind-the-scenes stories from her show on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Max Greenfield (New Girl/Modern Men) - Max shares his passion for teaching kids the love of reading and the value of giving back on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- William Shatner ($#*! My Dad Says) - William chats and performs on The Queen Latifah Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Timothy Simons (Veep) - Timothy will be on HuffPost Live.
- Mayim Bialik (The Big Bang Theory/Blossom) - Mayim is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Christine Lakin Step by Step) - Christine will be on Big Morning Buzz Live on VH1 at 10am all this week.
- B.J. Novak (The Office) - B.J. is a guest on NBC's Today between 7-9am.
- Jamie Foxx (The Jamie Foxx Show and Sally Field (Gidget/The Flying Nun) - Jamie, Sally and the rest of the cast The Amazing Spider-Man 2 will be on ABC's Good Morning America between 7-9am.