Thursday, August 04, 2011
In primetime, two original series will have their season finales in September. On Monday, Sept. 5, the season finale of The Secret Life of the American Teenager will air at 8pm. A marathon will air from 11am-8am leading into the season finale. On Wednesday, September 14, we have the first season finale of Melissa & Joey with two all-new episodes from 8-9pm. A marathon event for this series will also lead-in from 11am-8pm. This show is getting really good and the episodes that aired last night were very funny. Good 'ole fashioned fun! The Lying Game, which premieres Monday, August 15 at 9pm, will be moving to 8pm as soon as The Secret Life of the American Teenager wraps up its season on Sept. 5, so effective Sept. 12 the new drama will move to 8pm.
Other notable ABC Family September events includes a marathon of 12 episodes of the ABC comedy Happy Endings on Friday, Sept. 16 from 5pm-11pm promoting its complete first season DVD (out on Sept. 20) and the return of the new season (Wednesdays starting Sept. 28 at 9:30/8:30c on ABC). If you haven't seen this show, now is your chance because it is ABSOLUTELY hilarious! ABC Family movie premieres for the month are Sweet Home Alabama, Royal Engagement, 50 First Dates, Phineas and Ferb: Across the 2nd Dimension, and G Force.
View and discuss ABC Family's September 2011 schedule. And stay tuned for October to see if anything will change.
CBS was up yesterday at the TCA Summer 2011 pres tour. The executive session with Nina Tassler, President of CBS Entertainment, was ruled by what will happen to Charlie Sheen's character on Two and a Half Men. While that will not be revealed until the season premiere airs (which will be a two-part episode airing over two weeks), we did learn that Ashton Kutcher's character will be Walden Schmidt, an internet billionaire with a broken heart. As for what will happen to Charlie Harper: "The mystery is part of the marketing," Tassler said. "It's going to be a big event." As for the move of Rules of Engagement to Saturdays, "We see Saturday night as an opportunity. Advertisers like comedies. It's a terrific show. We see this as an opportunity for us," Tassler said. Other than that, there was nothing really of note. No scheduling news was released beyond fall, except that they will have Undercover Boss and new drama The 2-2 ready to go and they have shot a new pilot for the Rob Schneider comedy.
Following the executive session, there was a session for CBS Evening News with new anchor Scott Pelley. Following that was an interesting panel on research. Professor David Poltrack, Chief Research Office for CBS, did a presentation about TV viewer behavior patterns in today's multi-platform world, including the results of a recent Nielsen/CBS study that could change the way the TV audience is measured in the future. Then there was a panel for CSI as they introduced the new addition to the cast: Ted Danson. New series panels were next for Unforgettable, 2 Broke Girls, A Gifted Man, Person of Interest, and How to Be a Gentleman. And the night concluded with a Stars Party at Pagoda in Beverly Hills with cocktails, Asian-themed cuisine and lots of conversation!
Up today at the press tour will be The CW and Showtime and we will recap that for you tomorrow.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, October 20
Superstore - "Dog Adoption Day" (NBC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
After new parents Cheyenne (Nichole Bloom) and Bo (recurring guest star Johnny Pemberton) get into a fight, Amy (America Ferrera) and Glenn (Mark McKinney) take vastly different approaches in giving them advice. Meanwhile, Mateo (Nico Santos) and Jonah (Ben Feldman) get assigned to handle dog adoptions in the store and work feverishly to get all of the dogs adopted once they find out what will happen to the dogs if they don't. Dina (Lauren Ash) refuses to adjust Garrett's (Colton Dunn) timecard based on "store rules," leaving Garrett happy to taunt Dina in revenge.
The Good Place - "The Eternal Shriek" (NBC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Eleanor (Kristen Bell) and Chidi (William Jackson Harper) set off on a quest with Janet (D'Arcy Carden) as their guide. Meanwhile, Tahani (Jameela Jamil) attempts to show Michael (Ted Danson) how much he is appreciated.
Better Things - "Duke's Chorus" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Sam and the family go-to-meeting.
Thursday, October 20
- Elijah Wood (Wilfred) - Catch Elijah on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Lena Dunham (Girls) - Lena is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Nick Kroll (The League/Cavemen) - Nick appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- John Mulaney (Mulaney) - John is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Mila Kunis (That '70s Show/Family Guy) - Mila appears on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Matt LeBlanc (Man with a Plan/Episodes/Joey/Friends) - Matt chats about Man with a Plan on CBS This Morning sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Randall Park (Fresh Off the Boat) - Randall is a guest on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Derek Theler (Baby Daddy) - Derek appears on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Patrice Lovely (Love Thy Neighbor) - Patrice visits Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Zach Galifianakis (Baskets) - Zach and the cast of Keeping Up with the Joneses will be on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Wanda Sykes (The New Adventures of Old Christine/Wanda at Large) - Wanda will be on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. She also joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Victoria Justice (Victorious/Zoey 101) - Victoria talks about The Rocky Horror Picture Show on People Now at 8:30am.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna talks about Netflix's Good Girls Revolt on the AOL Build Show at 11am.
- Cobie Smulders (How I Met Your Mother) - Cobie is a guest on Harry on Netflix.