Thursday, August 04, 2011
In primetime, two original series will have their season finales in September. On Monday, Sept. 5, the season finale of The Secret Life of the American Teenager will air at 8pm. A marathon will air from 11am-8am leading into the season finale. On Wednesday, September 14, we have the first season finale of Melissa & Joey with two all-new episodes from 8-9pm. A marathon event for this series will also lead-in from 11am-8pm. This show is getting really good and the episodes that aired last night were very funny. Good 'ole fashioned fun! The Lying Game, which premieres Monday, August 15 at 9pm, will be moving to 8pm as soon as The Secret Life of the American Teenager wraps up its season on Sept. 5, so effective Sept. 12 the new drama will move to 8pm.
Other notable ABC Family September events includes a marathon of 12 episodes of the ABC comedy Happy Endings on Friday, Sept. 16 from 5pm-11pm promoting its complete first season DVD (out on Sept. 20) and the return of the new season (Wednesdays starting Sept. 28 at 9:30/8:30c on ABC). If you haven't seen this show, now is your chance because it is ABSOLUTELY hilarious! ABC Family movie premieres for the month are Sweet Home Alabama, Royal Engagement, 50 First Dates, Phineas and Ferb: Across the 2nd Dimension, and G Force.
View and discuss ABC Family's September 2011 schedule. And stay tuned for October to see if anything will change.
CBS was up yesterday at the TCA Summer 2011 pres tour. The executive session with Nina Tassler, President of CBS Entertainment, was ruled by what will happen to Charlie Sheen's character on Two and a Half Men. While that will not be revealed until the season premiere airs (which will be a two-part episode airing over two weeks), we did learn that Ashton Kutcher's character will be Walden Schmidt, an internet billionaire with a broken heart. As for what will happen to Charlie Harper: "The mystery is part of the marketing," Tassler said. "It's going to be a big event." As for the move of Rules of Engagement to Saturdays, "We see Saturday night as an opportunity. Advertisers like comedies. It's a terrific show. We see this as an opportunity for us," Tassler said. Other than that, there was nothing really of note. No scheduling news was released beyond fall, except that they will have Undercover Boss and new drama The 2-2 ready to go and they have shot a new pilot for the Rob Schneider comedy.
Following the executive session, there was a session for CBS Evening News with new anchor Scott Pelley. Following that was an interesting panel on research. Professor David Poltrack, Chief Research Office for CBS, did a presentation about TV viewer behavior patterns in today's multi-platform world, including the results of a recent Nielsen/CBS study that could change the way the TV audience is measured in the future. Then there was a panel for CSI as they introduced the new addition to the cast: Ted Danson. New series panels were next for Unforgettable, 2 Broke Girls, A Gifted Man, Person of Interest, and How to Be a Gentleman. And the night concluded with a Stars Party at Pagoda in Beverly Hills with cocktails, Asian-themed cuisine and lots of conversation!
Up today at the press tour will be The CW and Showtime and we will recap that for you tomorrow.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (March/April)
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
04/04 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season
04/11 - Father Knows Best - Season Five
04/11 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Third Season
04/11 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/11 - Veep - The Complete Fifth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, April 28
Stuck in the Middle - "Stuck with a Boy Genius" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Harley, Rachel, Georgie and Ethan attend their school spring formal dance, while Lewie and Beast camp out at home in the backyard.
Andi Mack - "It's Not About You" (Disney Channel, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Andi's frustration boils over when she discovers that Buffy has secretly been confiding in Bex instead of her; Cyrus double-dates with Jonah Beck, Amber and her friend Iris.
Friday, April 28
- Gabourey Sidibe (The Big C) - Watch Gabourey on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Martin Short (Mulaney/The Martin Short Show) - Martin stops by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Britt Robertson (Girlboss) - Britt is a guest on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) - Tom appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Anna Baryshnikov (Superior Donuts) - Anna is a guest on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Whitney Cummings (Whitney) - Whitney appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Alec Baldwin (30 Rock) - Alec is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- John Leguizamo (The Brothers Garcia) - John guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Laura Dern (Enlightened), Joely Fisher (Ellen/'Til Death), Clea Lewis (Ellen/Flying Blind) and David Anthony Higgins (Ellen/Malcolm in the Middle/Big Time Rush) - The Ellen DeGeneres Show celebrates the 20th Anniversary of the Ellen coming out episode, so check your local listings.
- Alec Baldwin (30 Rock) - Alec talks about Donald Trump, too much alcohol and the thing that saved his life on The Dr. Oz Show, so check your local listings.
- Jenna Elfman (Imaginary Mary/1600 Penn/Courting Alex/Accidentally on Purpose/Dharma & Greg) - Jenna will be on NBC's Today in the 9am hour. She also dishes about Imaginary Mary on The Wendy Williams Show at 2am on BET or on your local stations.
- Kathryn Hahn (Happyish/Transparent/Free Agents) - Kathryn is a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.