Tuesday, August 02, 2011
Stunts wise, it's almost Emmy season and Hot In Cleveland is competing with television's best. To celebrate, TV Land is giving both viewers and voters a chance to fall in love all over again with Joy, Melanie and Victoria as TV Land will bring you a 10 hour all-star marathon Sunday, August 7 from 11am-9pm, featuring some of TV's biggest stars (John Schneider, Huey Lewis, Mary Tyler Moore, Jimmy Kimmel, Susan Lucci and Jennifer Love Hewitt, to name a few) who have helped make Hot In Cleveland one of the leading new cable sitcoms. But we told you about that already. Not enough? Come back Sunday, September 18 as TV Land proudly celebrates Betty White's Emmy nomination for Outstanding Actress In a Comedy, as TV Land cheers her on leading up to the Emmy presentation with a marathon featuring the best of Elka Ostrovsky from 2pm-8pm!
View the TV Land September 2011 schedule. As of now, there aren't many changes besides Gunsmoke but that could change soon or when we get the October schedule, as that was the case last year. So let's say this is to be continued...
NBC was up yesterday at the TCA Summer 2011 Press Tour. The executive session kicked things off. Among the announcements were that NBC will use television's biggest stage following Super Bowl XLVI on Sunday, February 5, 2012 to unveil the second-season premiere of The Voice (10-11 p.m. ET; time approximate) followed the next night with the debut of new musical drama Smash on Monday, February 6 at 10:00 p.m. ET. The Voice also will premiere in its regular day and time on the following night, Monday, February 6 from 8-10 p.m. ET, leading into Smash. There was nothing else much to report, except that new comedies are in development including one produced by Adam Levine and that The Office will have some special comedy special guest stars all this season and that a big name will join the cast, but the name was not given. Then it was on to panels with the cast and producers of upcoming series. Up first was The Playboy Club, which NBC's Entertainment President Bob Greewalt said will not be pulled from any more NBC stations. New comedy Free Agents starring Hank Azaria was the next series on the panel. Then it was off to lunch with a NFL/Super Bowl themed lunch. Comedy continuted after lunch with the panel for the new Whitney Cummings multi-camera sitcom Whitney. Then it was time for Up All Night which has a nice cast including Christina Applegate, Maya Rudolph and Will Arnett. NBC's upcoming late fall drama Grimm was next and it was followed by upcoming Thursday drama Prime Suspect. And the eighth and final session was for The Sing-Off, which will have its first full season this fall, as it has aired in December the last two years.
Up today will be NBC's cable networks including USA Network, Syfy, Bravo and Oxygen. If there is anything noteworthy, we'll bring it to you. If not, stay tuned tomorrow for CBS which will have panels for Unforgettable, Person of Interest, A Gifted Man, 2 Broke Girls and How to Be a Gentleman along with a CBS News session with CBS Evening News anchor Scott Pelley.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (November)
11/03 - Californication - The Complete Series
11/03 - Getting On - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
11/03 - Hank (1965-66) - The Complete Series
11/03 - I Love Lucy - The Complete Series
11/03 - Men at Work - The Complete Second Season
11/03 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
11/03 - 'Til Death - The Complete Third Season
11/10 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - The Complete Remastered Series (DVD)
11/10 - Maude - The Complete Third Season
11/10 - WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete Final (Fourth) Season
11/17 - The Comedians - The Complete Series
11/17 - Cristela - The Complete First Season
11/17 - McHale's Navy - The Complete Series
11/17 - Sgt. Bilko (The Phil Silvers Show) - The Fourth Season
11/17 - Weird Loners - The Complete Series
11/24 - George Lopez - The Complete Sixth Seaon
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, November 28
Henry Danger - "Christmas Danger" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Captain Man gets arrested for committing a petty crime, he is forced to spend Christmas in jail. Henry and Charlotte must try to help Captain Man have a good Christmas in jail.
Game Shakers - "A Reggae Potato Christmas" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
The Game Shakers visit Double G on the set of his live, self-indulgent "Double G's Christmas Special." During the opening number, his hair catches on fire and they must finish the show without him.
Monday, November 30
- Aziz Ansari (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Aziz The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Richard Kind (Spin City/Mad About You) - Richard is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Alan Tudyk (Suburgatory) - Alan appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Brent Morin and Rick Glassman (Undateable) - Brent and Rick are guests on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- David Spade (Rules of Engagement/8 Simple Rules/Just Shoot Me!) - David stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Michael Chiklis (Daddio) - Michael visits LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Kim Fields (The Facts of Life/Living Single) - Kim dishes on the new season of The Real Housewives of Atlanta and talks about why she decided to join the show on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Scott Foley (The Goodwin Games/A.U.S.A./Scrubs) - Scott drops by The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Loretta Devine (The Carmichael Show) - Loretta is a guest on The Real, so check your local listings.
- America Ferrera (Superstore) - America talks about her new series Superstore on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Bob Saget (Fuller House/How I Met Your Mother/Full House) - Bob is a guest on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Cheryl Hines (Curb Your Enthusiasm/Suburgatory) - Cheryl talks about her movie Christmas Eve on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.