Tuesday, August 02, 2011
Stunts wise, it's almost Emmy season and Hot In Cleveland is competing with television's best. To celebrate, TV Land is giving both viewers and voters a chance to fall in love all over again with Joy, Melanie and Victoria as TV Land will bring you a 10 hour all-star marathon Sunday, August 7 from 11am-9pm, featuring some of TV's biggest stars (John Schneider, Huey Lewis, Mary Tyler Moore, Jimmy Kimmel, Susan Lucci and Jennifer Love Hewitt, to name a few) who have helped make Hot In Cleveland one of the leading new cable sitcoms. But we told you about that already. Not enough? Come back Sunday, September 18 as TV Land proudly celebrates Betty White's Emmy nomination for Outstanding Actress In a Comedy, as TV Land cheers her on leading up to the Emmy presentation with a marathon featuring the best of Elka Ostrovsky from 2pm-8pm!
View the TV Land September 2011 schedule. As of now, there aren't many changes besides Gunsmoke but that could change soon or when we get the October schedule, as that was the case last year. So let's say this is to be continued...
NBC was up yesterday at the TCA Summer 2011 Press Tour. The executive session kicked things off. Among the announcements were that NBC will use television's biggest stage following Super Bowl XLVI on Sunday, February 5, 2012 to unveil the second-season premiere of The Voice (10-11 p.m. ET; time approximate) followed the next night with the debut of new musical drama Smash on Monday, February 6 at 10:00 p.m. ET. The Voice also will premiere in its regular day and time on the following night, Monday, February 6 from 8-10 p.m. ET, leading into Smash. There was nothing else much to report, except that new comedies are in development including one produced by Adam Levine and that The Office will have some special comedy special guest stars all this season and that a big name will join the cast, but the name was not given. Then it was on to panels with the cast and producers of upcoming series. Up first was The Playboy Club, which NBC's Entertainment President Bob Greewalt said will not be pulled from any more NBC stations. New comedy Free Agents starring Hank Azaria was the next series on the panel. Then it was off to lunch with a NFL/Super Bowl themed lunch. Comedy continuted after lunch with the panel for the new Whitney Cummings multi-camera sitcom Whitney. Then it was time for Up All Night which has a nice cast including Christina Applegate, Maya Rudolph and Will Arnett. NBC's upcoming late fall drama Grimm was next and it was followed by upcoming Thursday drama Prime Suspect. And the eighth and final session was for The Sing-Off, which will have its first full season this fall, as it has aired in December the last two years.
Up today will be NBC's cable networks including USA Network, Syfy, Bravo and Oxygen. If there is anything noteworthy, we'll bring it to you. If not, stay tuned tomorrow for CBS which will have panels for Unforgettable, Person of Interest, A Gifted Man, 2 Broke Girls and How to Be a Gentleman along with a CBS News session with CBS Evening News anchor Scott Pelley.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (July/August)
07/08 - The Monkees - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
07/12 - Grady - The Best of Grady
07/20 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 5th Season
07/26 - Family Matters - The Complete Seventh Season (WBShop.com)
07/26 - Where's Huddles? - The Complete Series (WBShop.com)
08/02 - Hangin' with Mr. Cooper - The Complete First Season (WBShop.com)
08/09 - Maude - The Complete Final (Sixth) Season
08/23 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Three
08/23 - Superstore - Season One
08/23 - The Wonder Years - Complete Series (New Slipcase Version)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, August 25
The Big Bang Theory - "The Line Substitution Solution" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Sheldon hires Stuart to spend the day with Amy when he’d rather go to a movie screening. Also, Leonard’s mother, Beverly (Christine Baranski), comes to town and Penny struggles to make a connection with her.
Life in Pieces - "Prank Assistant Gum Puppy" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Feeling threatened by Jen’s very handsome new assistant, Jake (Gregg Sulkin), Greg tries to appear more masculine. Also, Heather and Tim pull a prank on Tyler’s school, Joan secretly lets Sophia chew gum even though Heather forbids it, and John takes his new puppy on a date with Colleen and her dog, Princess.
Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll - "Rolling in the Deep" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Someone from the band's past shows up as tension reaches an all time high.
Bunk'd - "Zuri Had a Little Lamb" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
The boys find that Gladys has been hiding a secret in the woods; Lou assigns Emma and Zuri to barn duty.
Thursday, August 25
- Alec Baldwin (30 Rock) - Catch Alec on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Tony Hale (Veep/Arrested Development) - Tony stops by The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Chelsea Handler (Are You There, Chelsea?) - Chelsea visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. She also talks about Chelsea on NBC's Today in the 9am hour and the AOL Build Show at 12pm.
- David Krumholtz (Partners/The Trouble with Normal/Chicago Sons) - David is a guest on a repeat of @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Jane Lynch (Angel from Hell) - Jane appears on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- George Lopez (Lopez/Saint George/George Lopez) - George chats with the ladies of The View on a repeat on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jason Ritter (Another Period/The Class) - Jason is a guest on a repeat of The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Joel McHale (The Great Indoors/Community) - Joel guest co-hosts a repeat of LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Zachary Levi (Less Than Perfect) - Zachary appears on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 12:07am on BET or on your local stations.
- Miriam Shor (Younger/Big Day/Inside Schwartz) - Miriam is a guest on a repeat of The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- John Krasinksi (The Office) - John talks about The Hollars on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- John Corbett (Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll/United States of Tara) - John dishes on his comedy-drama series Northern Exposure on People Now at 8:30am.
- Reid Scott (Veep/My Boys) - Reid is a guest on a repeat of Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Tika discusses Southside with You on the AOL Build Show at 3pm and on Essence Live at 4pm.