Tuesday, August 02, 2011
Stunts wise, it's almost Emmy season and Hot In Cleveland is competing with television's best. To celebrate, TV Land is giving both viewers and voters a chance to fall in love all over again with Joy, Melanie and Victoria as TV Land will bring you a 10 hour all-star marathon Sunday, August 7 from 11am-9pm, featuring some of TV's biggest stars (John Schneider, Huey Lewis, Mary Tyler Moore, Jimmy Kimmel, Susan Lucci and Jennifer Love Hewitt, to name a few) who have helped make Hot In Cleveland one of the leading new cable sitcoms. But we told you about that already. Not enough? Come back Sunday, September 18 as TV Land proudly celebrates Betty White's Emmy nomination for Outstanding Actress In a Comedy, as TV Land cheers her on leading up to the Emmy presentation with a marathon featuring the best of Elka Ostrovsky from 2pm-8pm!
View the TV Land September 2011 schedule. As of now, there aren't many changes besides Gunsmoke but that could change soon or when we get the October schedule, as that was the case last year. So let's say this is to be continued...
NBC was up yesterday at the TCA Summer 2011 Press Tour. The executive session kicked things off. Among the announcements were that NBC will use television's biggest stage following Super Bowl XLVI on Sunday, February 5, 2012 to unveil the second-season premiere of The Voice (10-11 p.m. ET; time approximate) followed the next night with the debut of new musical drama Smash on Monday, February 6 at 10:00 p.m. ET. The Voice also will premiere in its regular day and time on the following night, Monday, February 6 from 8-10 p.m. ET, leading into Smash. There was nothing else much to report, except that new comedies are in development including one produced by Adam Levine and that The Office will have some special comedy special guest stars all this season and that a big name will join the cast, but the name was not given. Then it was on to panels with the cast and producers of upcoming series. Up first was The Playboy Club, which NBC's Entertainment President Bob Greewalt said will not be pulled from any more NBC stations. New comedy Free Agents starring Hank Azaria was the next series on the panel. Then it was off to lunch with a NFL/Super Bowl themed lunch. Comedy continuted after lunch with the panel for the new Whitney Cummings multi-camera sitcom Whitney. Then it was time for Up All Night which has a nice cast including Christina Applegate, Maya Rudolph and Will Arnett. NBC's upcoming late fall drama Grimm was next and it was followed by upcoming Thursday drama Prime Suspect. And the eighth and final session was for The Sing-Off, which will have its first full season this fall, as it has aired in December the last two years.
Up today will be NBC's cable networks including USA Network, Syfy, Bravo and Oxygen. If there is anything noteworthy, we'll bring it to you. If not, stay tuned tomorrow for CBS which will have panels for Unforgettable, Person of Interest, A Gifted Man, 2 Broke Girls and How to Be a Gentleman along with a CBS News session with CBS Evening News anchor Scott Pelley.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (May)
05/03 - Mad About You - The Complete Series
05/03 - The Jim Gaffigan Show - Season One
05/10 - Newhart - The Complete Fifth Season
05/17 - Angie Tribeca - The Complete First Season
05/17 - The Facts of Life - The Final (Ninth) Season
05/24 - The Wonder Years - Season Five
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, May 31
Fresh Off the Boat - "Tight Two" (ABC, 10:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Louis prides himself on being a fun dad, but after he has an accident and is forced to stay home with the boys, he scrambles to find ways to entertain the kids. And while Louis is stuck at home, Jessica struggles to manage the staff and the new takeout service at Cattleman’s Ranch.
Fresh Off the Boat - "Phillip Goldstein" (ABC, 10:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Eddie tries to befriend the only other Chinese kid in school (guest star Albert Tsai, “Trophy Wife”), but he’s in for a letdown after he finds out that they have nothing in common; Louis feels betrayed when Mitch (Paul Scheer) accepts a job at the rival Golden Saddle.
Tuesday, May 31
- Megan Fox (Hope & Faith) - Catch Megan on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Thomas Middleditch (Silicon Valley) - Thomas drops by Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly/Samantha Who?) - Melissa is a guest on a repeat of The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Morris Chestnut (Out All Night) - Morris appears on a repeat of The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Kunal Nayyar (The Big Bang Theory) - Kunal is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Rob Corddry (Ballers/The Winner) - Rob appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Paul F. Tompkins (DAG) - Paul is a guest on a repeat of The Nightly Show with Larry Wilmore at 11:30pm on Comedy Central.
- Rob Lowe (The Grinder/Parks and Recreation) - Rob appears on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Maya Rudolph (Up All Night) - Maya talks about Maya and Marty on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Martin Short (Mulaney/The Martin Short Show) - Martin talks about Maya and Marty on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and in the 9am hour.
- T.J. Miller (Silicon Valley/The Goodwin Games/Carpoolers) - T.J. stops by The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- David Schwimmer (Friends) - David will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Michael Urie (Partners) - Michael discusses hosting the 61st Drama Desk Awards on the AOL Build Show at 1:30pm.
- Ashley Tisdale (Clipped/The Suite Life of Zack & Cody) - Ashley discusses her first ever beauty line Illuminate by Ashley Tisdale on the AOL Build Show at 3pm.
- Jenna Elfman (Dharma & Greg/Courting Alex/Accidentally on Purpose) - Jenna and her husband Bodhi discuss their hit podcast Kicking and Screaming on the the AOL Build Show at 5pm.
- Kenan Thompson (Kenan & Kel) - Kenan talks about Maya and Marty on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. He also chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Laura Marano (Austin & Ally/Back to You) - Laura appears on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.