Tuesday, August 30, 2011
We'll start with WNYW's (Fox5) Fall 2011 schedule. New series this fall are sitcoms The Big Bang Theory airing 7:30pm & 11:30pm starting Sept. 19 and 30 Rock will air Sun-Fri 11:30pm & 12am also starting Sept. 19. New to WNYW this fall will be Inside Edition, airing weekdays at 12 noon starting Sept. 12, as it comes from WPIX, and also new to New York will be Better TV, weekdays at 3am starting Sept. 12. Everything else is will not be new, but we do have some time changes. Judge Alex will come from sister station WWOR and air on WNYW weekdays 1-2pm, replacing Swift Justice. And The Simpsons will now be down to two airings (from three), airing weeknights at 7pm and 12:30am. The Office will be moving to sister station WWOR, but it will air still air on WNYW on weekedays: Saturdays at 7:30pm and Sundays at 11pm. Judge Jeanine Pirro was canceled, so it will leave the line-up after this week. True Hollywood Story leaves Sundays at 1am, as TMZ Weekend moves from Saturdays at 12:30pm to Sundays at 1am.
Sister network WWOR (My9) will be making more changes than WNYW in Fall 2011, as usual. New series this fall are Excused weekdays at 11pm starting Sept. 12, Jeremy Kyle Show weekdays at 4pm starting Sept. 19, Law & Order: Criminal Intent weekdays at 1pm starting Sept. 19, Law & Order weekends at 10pm starting Sept. 19 and The Big Bang Theory weekend play on Sundays from 8-10pm starting Sept. 25. 'Til Death was set to join WWOR, but it has now been pulled. It was slated for weeknights at 2:30am and Saturdays 12:30am & 1am, but WWOR will air paid in all those slots now. New E/I series are Big World Fridays at 7a starting Sept. 9 and Live, Life & Win Wednesdays at 7a starting Sept. 21. Joining the schedule from sister network WNYW will be The Office airing weeknights at 10:30pm & 11:30pm starting Sept. 19. Punk'd and The Hills will join WWOR and share the 2am half-hour Tues-Fri starting Sept. 12. Among the series leaving are My Wife & Kids, America's Funniest Home Videos, Don't Forget the Lyrics, Law & Order: SVU, Deadliest Catch, Dog Tales, and Mystery Hunters. All of those series are leaving broadcast syndication. Current series moving to new timeslots are That '70s Show and Everybody Hates Chris weekdays at 7:30am & 8am starting Sept. 19; a House of Payne airing weekdays at 8:30am starting Sept. 19, Divorce Court moves to 12 noon starting Sept. 12 as Judge Alex moves to WNYW. Weekdays at 11am will be Swift Justice starting Sept. 12, which comes from WNYW. Family Feud moves from 1pm to 2pm starting Sept. 19. The Wendy Williams Show will move to weekdays at 3pm starting Sept. 19, as Everybody Loves Raymond moves to 5-6pm leading into The King of Queens from 6-7pm and How I Met Your Mother from 7-8pm. In late nights, we mentioned The Office and Excused starting at 10:30pm, but My Name is Earl will air at 1am starting week of Sept. 19, as House of Payne moves to 12am. Meet the Browns follows at 12:30pm, pushing South Park to 1:30am. As for weekends, we mentioned The Big Bang Theory on Sundays in primetime, but you can still expect dramas Bones, House, The Unit and The Closer to join new addition Law & Order. & 9pm starting Sept. 18 and Bones will air on weekends at 10pm. Sitcoms on weekends include House of Payne, Meet the Browns, Chris, Raymond, King of Queens, How I Met Your Mother and That '70s Show.
Moving on to WPIX's (CW11) Fall 2011 schedule. New series this fall are Bill Cunningham Show weekdays at 1pm starting Sept. 19, Anderson weekdays at 4pm starting Sept. 12, POX News at 5P weeknights at 5pm starting Sept. 19, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia Mon-Fri nights at 2am starting Sept. 19 and Saturdays 11pm-12am, American Dad! weeknights at 2:30am starting Sept. 19 and Sundays 4-5pm, Last Shot with Judge Gunn weeknights at 3am starting Sept. 26, and Futurama Saturdays 4-5pm and 12-1am starting Sept. 24. New on Saturdays in late night is Live from Daryl's House from 1-2am starting Sept. 24. CW Daytime is will replace Best of Tyra Banks with new series Dr. Drew's Lifechangers, weekdays at 3pm starting Sept. 19. New from WNBC will be America's Court With Judge Ross, weeknights at 3:30am starting Sept. 12. Among the series leaving are Entourage, Curb Your Enthusiasm, George Lopez, Star Trek: The Next Generation, Scrubs, The Odd Couple, Judge Karen, Tyra, Inside Edition, Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader, Smash Cuts, Stargate Atlantis, Stargate Universe and The Honeymooners. Current series moving to new times are Judge Mathis to weekdays at 2pm, and Friends moves to 12-1am, Saturdays 9-10pm & Sundays 8-9pm.
Elsewhere, WABC (ABC7), which is #1 in NY and the most watched station in the nation, will add Scrubs to weeknights at 1am, followed by a second run of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire at 1:30am replacing Oprah starting Sept. 12. Scrubs comes from WPIX. It is so nice to see a sitcom on WABC! The Chew of course takes over for All My Children on ABC Daytime at 1pm starting Sept. 26, while ABC Kids on Saturday mornings is leaving and will be replaced by Litton Weekend Adventure series from 10am-1pm starting Sept. 2. Brothers & Sisters will remain Saturdays on late nights and Grey's Anatomy remains on WABC Sunday nights at 11:35am & 12:35am. For WCBS (CBS2), we do not have any updates, so we apologize for that. Nothing is likely changing, though.
And WNBC (NBC4) will make the most drastic changes of the big three stations, with new court series We the People With Gloria Allred airing at 12:30pm starting Sept. 5. Among schedule changes, The Nate Berkus Show will now air at 2pm leading into lifestyle series New York Live at 3pm, which is being moved here due to the return of news at 5pm on WNBC, which started yesterday. That's all we know for WNBC, because we do not have any weekend updates. As we mentioned, we don't have any details yet on independent WLNY-55.
View the FULL Fall 20011 schedules for WABC, WNYW, WWOR, and WPIX in New York City! And view the full list of new series coming to local syndication. Stay tuned for updates, if any. From New York, goodnight!
A dynamic lineup of stars – including a U.S. veteran, an NBA champion, a film and TV star, a TV host and journalist, a Grammy-nominated singer, a supermodel, a reality TV star, a showbiz legacy and activist, and a World Cup star -- will take the stage for the new season of Dancing with the Stars, beginning Monday, Sept. 19, 2011 from 8-10pm ET/PT on ABC.
All 12 couples will dance for the first time on live national television on Monfday, Sept. 19, either performing the Cha Cha Cha or The Viennese Waltz. Airing on Tuesday, Sept. 20 at 8:00 p.m., ET., a live, one-hour special, Dancing with the Stars: Meet the Cast, will feature the most exciting moments from Monday night's season premiere performances, with commentary from the judges and never-before-seen footage from the teams' first weeks of training. Then, on the season premiere of Dancing with the Stars the Results Show, at 9:00pm, ET, the couple with the lowest combined judges' scores and public votes for their performance will be sent home in the season's first elimination.
And the new cast is... Ricki Lake, Ron Artest, Kristin Cavallari, Chynna Phillips, David Arquette, Carson Kressley, Nancy Grace, J.R. Martinez, Hope Solo, Rob Kardashian, Elisabetta Canalis, and Chaz Bono. Read more about them.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February/March)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbrekable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, March 26
The Simpsons - "Dad Behavior" (Fox, 7:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Homer finds a new app that makes his life much easier and outsources his father-son bonding. Meanwhile, Grampa finds that he is about to be a father again.
Bob's Burgers - "Aquaticism" / "Ain't Miss Debatin'" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT)
When Tina learns that the aquarium is in danger of closing, the Belcher children devise a scheme to keep it running. Meanwhile, Bob realizes that he could learn a thing or two from Linda’s customer service skills. Then, when Tina is recruited by the debate team, she finds unexpected success and an even more unexpected relationship. Meanwhile, Louise and Gene convince their parents to help fund a stop-motion movie focusing on a surprising subject matter.
Making History - "Chadwick's Angels" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
In need of a victory, the trio heads back to the 1990s to give Dan another shot at his childhood dream: finishing the infamous “Bellybuster” ice cream sundae at a local parlor. As Deb bonds with the parlor’s owner, Chris is on a mission to save a life in honor of his late British friend. But all of their plans are derailed when Dan runs into the bully that tormented him.
Family Guy - "Peter's Lost Youth" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Peter gets jealous of Lois when she upstages him at a Red Sox fantasy baseball camp. Meanwhile, Stewie runs away from home when Meg is left to babysit him.
The Last Man on Earth - "Find This Thing We Need To" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Carol makes a big discovery, enlisting Tandy and Erica to help her track down some answers. Meanwhile, Todd has a major breakthrough with Melissa.
Sunday, March 26
- Sanaa Lathan (Family Guy/The Cleveland Show/LateLine) - Catch Sanaa on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Chris on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Richard Dreyfuss (Your Family or Mine) - Richard appears on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Lily Tomlin (Grace and Frankie/Malibu Country) and Jane Fonda (Grace and Frankie) - Lily and Jane are guests on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. They also chat with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Craig Ferguson (The Drew Carey Show) - Craig visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He will also be on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Rachel Dratch (Imaginary Mary) - Rachel is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Pete Holmes (Crashing) - Pete stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jenna Elfman (Imaginary Mary/1600 Penn/Accidentally on Purpose/Courting Alex/Dharma & Greg) - Jenna appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Ron Funches (Powerless/Undateable) - Ron is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Kaitlin Olson (The Mick/It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia) - Kaitlin drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Wendi McLendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi appears on a repeat of Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) - Lisa is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Mark Consuelos (Alpha House/Hope & Faith) - Mark guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Tahj Mowry, Derek Theler and Jean-Luc Bilodeau (Baby Daddy) - Tahj, Derek and Jean-Luc are guests on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Tika appears on a repeat of The Real, so check your local listings.
- Vanessa Bell Calloway (Rhythm & Blues) - Vanessa is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- June Diane Raphael (Grace and Frankie) - June talks about Grace and Frankie on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly/Samantha Who?) and Ben Falcone (Joey) - Melissa and Ben talk TV Land's Nobodies on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Brooklyn Decker (Grace and Frankie/Friends with Better Lives) - Brookyln stops by People Now at 8:30am.
- Marcia Gay Harden (Trophy Wife) - Marcia opens up about her favorite part of being in the 50 Shades movies on People Now at 8:30am. \
- Tracee Ellis Ross (black-ish/Girlfriends) - Tracee dishes about her Golden Globe win on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 2am on BET or on your local stations.