Tuesday, August 30, 2011
We'll start with WNYW's (Fox5) Fall 2011 schedule. New series this fall are sitcoms The Big Bang Theory airing 7:30pm & 11:30pm starting Sept. 19 and 30 Rock will air Sun-Fri 11:30pm & 12am also starting Sept. 19. New to WNYW this fall will be Inside Edition, airing weekdays at 12 noon starting Sept. 12, as it comes from WPIX, and also new to New York will be Better TV, weekdays at 3am starting Sept. 12. Everything else is will not be new, but we do have some time changes. Judge Alex will come from sister station WWOR and air on WNYW weekdays 1-2pm, replacing Swift Justice. And The Simpsons will now be down to two airings (from three), airing weeknights at 7pm and 12:30am. The Office will be moving to sister station WWOR, but it will air still air on WNYW on weekedays: Saturdays at 7:30pm and Sundays at 11pm. Judge Jeanine Pirro was canceled, so it will leave the line-up after this week. True Hollywood Story leaves Sundays at 1am, as TMZ Weekend moves from Saturdays at 12:30pm to Sundays at 1am.
Sister network WWOR (My9) will be making more changes than WNYW in Fall 2011, as usual. New series this fall are Excused weekdays at 11pm starting Sept. 12, Jeremy Kyle Show weekdays at 4pm starting Sept. 19, Law & Order: Criminal Intent weekdays at 1pm starting Sept. 19, Law & Order weekends at 10pm starting Sept. 19 and The Big Bang Theory weekend play on Sundays from 8-10pm starting Sept. 25. 'Til Death was set to join WWOR, but it has now been pulled. It was slated for weeknights at 2:30am and Saturdays 12:30am & 1am, but WWOR will air paid in all those slots now. New E/I series are Big World Fridays at 7a starting Sept. 9 and Live, Life & Win Wednesdays at 7a starting Sept. 21. Joining the schedule from sister network WNYW will be The Office airing weeknights at 10:30pm & 11:30pm starting Sept. 19. Punk'd and The Hills will join WWOR and share the 2am half-hour Tues-Fri starting Sept. 12. Among the series leaving are My Wife & Kids, America's Funniest Home Videos, Don't Forget the Lyrics, Law & Order: SVU, Deadliest Catch, Dog Tales, and Mystery Hunters. All of those series are leaving broadcast syndication. Current series moving to new timeslots are That '70s Show and Everybody Hates Chris weekdays at 7:30am & 8am starting Sept. 19; a House of Payne airing weekdays at 8:30am starting Sept. 19, Divorce Court moves to 12 noon starting Sept. 12 as Judge Alex moves to WNYW. Weekdays at 11am will be Swift Justice starting Sept. 12, which comes from WNYW. Family Feud moves from 1pm to 2pm starting Sept. 19. The Wendy Williams Show will move to weekdays at 3pm starting Sept. 19, as Everybody Loves Raymond moves to 5-6pm leading into The King of Queens from 6-7pm and How I Met Your Mother from 7-8pm. In late nights, we mentioned The Office and Excused starting at 10:30pm, but My Name is Earl will air at 1am starting week of Sept. 19, as House of Payne moves to 12am. Meet the Browns follows at 12:30pm, pushing South Park to 1:30am. As for weekends, we mentioned The Big Bang Theory on Sundays in primetime, but you can still expect dramas Bones, House, The Unit and The Closer to join new addition Law & Order. & 9pm starting Sept. 18 and Bones will air on weekends at 10pm. Sitcoms on weekends include House of Payne, Meet the Browns, Chris, Raymond, King of Queens, How I Met Your Mother and That '70s Show.
Moving on to WPIX's (CW11) Fall 2011 schedule. New series this fall are Bill Cunningham Show weekdays at 1pm starting Sept. 19, Anderson weekdays at 4pm starting Sept. 12, POX News at 5P weeknights at 5pm starting Sept. 19, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia Mon-Fri nights at 2am starting Sept. 19 and Saturdays 11pm-12am, American Dad! weeknights at 2:30am starting Sept. 19 and Sundays 4-5pm, Last Shot with Judge Gunn weeknights at 3am starting Sept. 26, and Futurama Saturdays 4-5pm and 12-1am starting Sept. 24. New on Saturdays in late night is Live from Daryl's House from 1-2am starting Sept. 24. CW Daytime is will replace Best of Tyra Banks with new series Dr. Drew's Lifechangers, weekdays at 3pm starting Sept. 19. New from WNBC will be America's Court With Judge Ross, weeknights at 3:30am starting Sept. 12. Among the series leaving are Entourage, Curb Your Enthusiasm, George Lopez, Star Trek: The Next Generation, Scrubs, The Odd Couple, Judge Karen, Tyra, Inside Edition, Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader, Smash Cuts, Stargate Atlantis, Stargate Universe and The Honeymooners. Current series moving to new times are Judge Mathis to weekdays at 2pm, and Friends moves to 12-1am, Saturdays 9-10pm & Sundays 8-9pm.
Elsewhere, WABC (ABC7), which is #1 in NY and the most watched station in the nation, will add Scrubs to weeknights at 1am, followed by a second run of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire at 1:30am replacing Oprah starting Sept. 12. Scrubs comes from WPIX. It is so nice to see a sitcom on WABC! The Chew of course takes over for All My Children on ABC Daytime at 1pm starting Sept. 26, while ABC Kids on Saturday mornings is leaving and will be replaced by Litton Weekend Adventure series from 10am-1pm starting Sept. 2. Brothers & Sisters will remain Saturdays on late nights and Grey's Anatomy remains on WABC Sunday nights at 11:35am & 12:35am. For WCBS (CBS2), we do not have any updates, so we apologize for that. Nothing is likely changing, though.
And WNBC (NBC4) will make the most drastic changes of the big three stations, with new court series We the People With Gloria Allred airing at 12:30pm starting Sept. 5. Among schedule changes, The Nate Berkus Show will now air at 2pm leading into lifestyle series New York Live at 3pm, which is being moved here due to the return of news at 5pm on WNBC, which started yesterday. That's all we know for WNBC, because we do not have any weekend updates. As we mentioned, we don't have any details yet on independent WLNY-55.
View the FULL Fall 20011 schedules for WABC, WNYW, WWOR, and WPIX in New York City! And view the full list of new series coming to local syndication. Stay tuned for updates, if any. From New York, goodnight!
A dynamic lineup of stars – including a U.S. veteran, an NBA champion, a film and TV star, a TV host and journalist, a Grammy-nominated singer, a supermodel, a reality TV star, a showbiz legacy and activist, and a World Cup star -- will take the stage for the new season of Dancing with the Stars, beginning Monday, Sept. 19, 2011 from 8-10pm ET/PT on ABC.
All 12 couples will dance for the first time on live national television on Monfday, Sept. 19, either performing the Cha Cha Cha or The Viennese Waltz. Airing on Tuesday, Sept. 20 at 8:00 p.m., ET., a live, one-hour special, Dancing with the Stars: Meet the Cast, will feature the most exciting moments from Monday night's season premiere performances, with commentary from the judges and never-before-seen footage from the teams' first weeks of training. Then, on the season premiere of Dancing with the Stars the Results Show, at 9:00pm, ET, the couple with the lowest combined judges' scores and public votes for their performance will be sent home in the season's first elimination.
And the new cast is... Ricki Lake, Ron Artest, Kristin Cavallari, Chynna Phillips, David Arquette, Carson Kressley, Nancy Grace, J.R. Martinez, Hope Solo, Rob Kardashian, Elisabetta Canalis, and Chaz Bono. Read more about them.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (June)
06/02 - Parks and Recreation - Season Seven - The Farewell Season
06/02 - Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series
06/02 - Soap - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
06/02 - The Abbott and Costello Show - The Ultimate Collection
06/09 - The Facts of Life - Season Six
06/16 - The Cosby Show - Season 7 (Mill Creek)
06/16 - The Cosby Show - Season 8 (Mill Creek)
06/16 - The Cosby Show - Seasons 7 & 8 (Mill Creek)
06/16 - Laverne & Shirley - The Complete Series
06/16 - The Odd Couple - The Complete Series
06/16 - Two and a Half Men - The Complete Twelfth and Final Season
06/16 - Two and a Half Men - The Complete Series
06/23 - George Lopez - The Complete Fourth Season
06/23 - Workaholics - Season Five (Blu-ray)
06/30 - The Donna Reed Show - Season 3 (MPI Home Video)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, July 6
2 Broke Girls - "And a Loan for Christmas" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Max and Caroline get a bank loan so they can mass produce their cupcake t-shirts to sell at high-end boutiques.
Mike & Molly - "Buy the Book" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Molly’s excited her book is finally out and available for purchase, but worries obsessively that no one will buy it.
Odd Mom Out - "Midwife Crisis" (Bravo, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Jill gets a frantic call from Brooke who is going into labor a day before her scheduled cesarean section; when the ambulance refuses to take Brooke to the upscale hospital of her choice, Jill must rely on her wits to deliver the baby.
Monday, July 6
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly) - Watch Melissa on a repeat of The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Hannah Simone (New Girl) - Hannah appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Aziz Ansari (Parks and Recreation) - Aziz is a guest on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Tune in to see Cristela on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Debra Messing (Will & Grace) - Debra stops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Jerry Ferrara (Entourage) - Jerry is a guest on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Damon Wayans Jr. (New Girl/Happy Endings) - Damon appears on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Nick Jonas (Jonas L.A.) - Nick drops by The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- John O'Hurley (Seinfeld) - John appears on The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Lea Thompson (Caroline in the City) - Lea is a guest on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show, so check your local listings.
- Raven-Symone (That's So Raven/Hangin' with Mr. Cooper/The Cosby Show) - Raven-Symone chats on a repeat of The Real, so check your local listings.
- Zachary Levi (Less Than Perfect) - Zachary talks about Geeks Who Drink on NBC's Today in the 10am hour and on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET. He will also be on People Now and the AOL Build Show.
- Sara Rue (Impastor/Malibu Country/Less Than Perfect) - Sara discusses her new TV Land comedy Impastor on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am and on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Ashley Tisdale (Clipped/The Suite Life of Zack & Cody) - Ashley is tentatively scheduled to appear on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Sheryl Lee Ralph (Instant Mom/Moesha/It's a Living) - Sheryl is tentatively scheduled to be part of the Plugged-In panel on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Alfonso Ribeiro (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air/Silver Spoons) - Alfonso appears on The Boris and Nicole Show, which airs on select Fox-owned stations, so check your local listings.
- Nicole Ari Parker (Second Time Around) - Nicole and her husband Boris Kodjoe are guests on People Now.