Friday, March 11, 2011
Nick at Nite Acquires Yes Dear, Friends; TeenNick To Add '90s Block; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of March 14, 2011)
Friends will still air on TBS as well when it launches on Nick at Nite. It is a shared deal, with Nick at Nite having the 6pm-6am rights, while TBS has the 6am-6pm rights (except for the first year of this new deal, where TBS can air it through 7pm). Both Nick at Nite and TBS have a six-year deal running through 2017. Friends has been on TBS since 2001 and has been renewed a few times. As for Yes, Dear, TBS is currently airing the sitcom as well since August 2004. It is unlikely though that the series will remain on TBS when Nick at Nite starts it in 2012. We will let you know when the time comes, though. So stay with us as usual for anything like this!
Friends, an ensemble comedy that made Jennifer Aniston, Courteney Cox, David Schwimmer, Matt LeBlanc, Matthew Perry and Lisa Kudrow household names, follows six friends as they navigate their way through life in New York City and adulthood as they inch toward their thirties. Often hilarious and frequently moving, the series, which ran for 10 seasons on NBC (from 1994 to 2004), addresses universal themes like falling in – or out of – love, launching a career and dealing with (as well as becoming) parents. The critically acclaimed series was created by David Crane and Marta Kauffman and received six Primetime Emmy Awards.
Originally airing from 2000-06 on CBS, Yes, Dear follows two young couples and their wildly divergent parenting styles. First-time parents Greg and Kim Warner aspire to be the model of parenting. Greg (Anthony Clark) is a successful movie studio executive who must also keep Kim (Jean Louisa Kelly) – a neurotic, stay-at-home mother – calm as she strives to be the perfect mother and wife. Meanwhile, Kim's sister, Christine Hughes (Liza Snyder), and her ambition-challenged husband, Jimmy (O'Malley), are down-to-earth parents living in Kim and Greg's guest house, continually reminding them that life will never be perfect. The series, distributed by Twentieth Television, was created by Gregory Thomas Garcia and Alan Kirschenbaum.
Moving on to TeenNick, they announced a '90s late night block is coming this fall! Nickelodeon will launch a new nighttime programming block this fall on TeenNick called "The '90s Are All That!," featuring a rotating selection of iconic live-action and animated shows from Nickelodeon's 1990s library including All That, Clarissa Explains it All, The Adventures of Pete & Pete, Rugrats, Rocket Power, Salute Your Shorts, The Amanda Show and Kenan & Kel. "The '90s Are All That!" has been developed in part as a response to overwhelming demand from fans of Nickelodeon's groundbreaking original series from the 1990s. There are more than 9 million fans of Nickelodeon's '90s programming on Facebook alone.
"The '90s Are All That!" will air Monday through Sunday (every night!) from midnight to 2:00 a.m. (ET), starting in Fall 2011. The block will feature a rotating line-up of '90s Nick library content, as well as forthcoming acquisitions and feature films from the decade. TeenNick's audience also will have the opportunity to influence the block's line-up by requesting their favorite series and episodes via social media sites set up by the network, including a dedicated Facebook fan site.
Just my two cents, it seems they will acquire some '90s non-Nick shows, too. They already have Family Matters from Nick at Nite that they can mix in here. I think it would work well, too. Also a suggestion would be Step by Step and Blossom, both are not airing anywhere on TV right now. This is certainly a block to watch...so stay with us for further updates!
It's Friday, so it is time for "Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows" for the coming week. This is where we list what sitcom stars are appearing on talk shows for the coming week, the stars are both current and past sitcom stars (but we won't cover movie stars like Tom Hanks or John Travolta, since they won't be talking about their past sitcoms likely), so this is for all sitcom fans of all eras!
For the week of March 14-18, 2010, we have many current sitcom stars and past sitcom stars on TV talk shows! So get your DVR's (or whatever you use) ready! Ready? Here is all what you need to know for the coming week!
Monday, March 14, 2011
- Mila Kunis (Family Guy/That '70s Show) - Watch Mila on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 12am on ABC. And you can also watch her on a repeat of Lopez Tonight at the same time of 12am on TBS.
- Amy Poehler (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Amy on a REPEAT of The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Donald Glover (Community) - Catch Donald on a REPEAT of Conan on TBS at 11pm.
- Edie Falco (Nurse Jackie) - Watch Edie on LIVE! with Regis & Kelly so check your listings.
- Mindy Kaling (The Office) - See Mindy on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Ted Danson (Cheers/Becker/Bored to Death/Help Me Help You) - Catch Ted on the TODAY show on NBC and later on an all-new Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
- Rashida Jones (Parks and Recreation/The Office) - Watch Rashida on a REPEAT of Conan at 11pm on TBS. You can also see her on a REPEAT of The Ellen DeGeneres Show in daytime, check listings.
- Jason Bateman (Arrested Development/Hogan Family/Silver Spoons/It's Your Move) - Watch Jason on LIVE! with Regis & Kelly so check your listings when it airs.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) - Watch Lisa on a REPEAT of The Gayle King Show on OWN at 10am.
- Rizwan Manji (Outsourced) - Watch Rizwan on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm only on NBC.
- Adam Scott (Parks and Recreation/Party Down) - Watch Adam on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 12am on ABC.
- Amy Poehler (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Amy on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
- Ed O'Neill (Modern Family/Married with Children) - Watch Ed on a repeat of Tavis Smiley on PBS, check your listings.
- Kaitlin Olson (It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia) - Watch her on a repeat of Conan on TBS at 11pm.
- Rainn Wilson (Th Office) - Watch Rainn on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Mila Kunis (Family Guy/That '70s Show) - Watch Mila on a REPEAT of Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- David Duchovny (Californication) - Watch David on a REPEAT of The Late Late Show With Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
Leave us comments on our message board or Tweet/Facebook us to let us know what you think of this Friday feature! We do listen!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (January/February)
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One / Review
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two / Review
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, February 23
The Big Bang Theory - "The Comic-Con Conundrum" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
With Koothrappali cut off from his father’s fortune, he appoints Sheldon to help him get out of debt. Also, Penny considers joining Leonard at Comic-Con.
The Great Indoors - "Friends Like These" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Jack desperately begs his co-workers to pretend to be his closest friends at a dinner party after his lack of an inner circle begins to concern his girlfriend, Rachel (Maggie Lawson). However, he soon regrets asking for their help after they all behave awkwardly in her presence.
Mom - "Night Swimmin' and an English Muffin" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
When Bonnie discovers Adam is still close with his ex-wife, Danielle (Wendie Malick), Christy worries the emotional fallout could jeopardize Bonnie’s sobriety.
Life in Pieces - "Awkward Bra Automated Ordained" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Dinner gets awkward for Jen and Matt when they find themselves alone without Greg and Colleen. Also, Lark accidentally locks out Greg and Jen from the house, prompting Greg to install a complicated home automation system; Heather and Tim try to sneak wine into an ice skating show to get out of paying at the venue; and John and Joan agree to an impromptu wedding after Colleen mentions that she’s an ordained minister.
Superstore - "Wellness Fair" (NBC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Amy (America Ferrera) sees Mateo (Nico Santos) out on a secret date with Jeff (recurring guest star Michael Bunin), she ignores Garrett's (Colton Dunn) advice to stay out of it, and ends up throwing multiple relationships - both real and imagined - into chaos. Meanwhile, Glenn (Mark McKinney) resents Jonah (Ben Feldman) for outshining him during Cloud 9's Wellness Fair, and Dina (Lauren Ash) tries to prove that Amy faked an illness.
Powerless - "Emily Dates a Henchman" (NBC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After being urged by her team, Emily (Vanessa Hudgens) sets her sights on the dating world but unknowingly falls for one of the Riddler's henchmen (guest star Robert Buckley). Meanwhile, Teddy (Danny Pudi) and Ron (Ron Funches) find a Batman artifact and discover Van's (Alan Tudyk) superhero fantasy. Christina Kirk also stars.
Baskets - "Marthager" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Martha books Chip a gig at a car crash.
Thursday, February 23
- John Travolta (Welcome Back, Kotter) - Catch John on a repeat of the 2015 Jimmy Kimmel Live: After the Oscars special at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Elijah Wood (Wilfred) - Elijah stops by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Aubrey Plaza (Parks and Recreation) - Aubrey visits The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Bradley Whitford (Trophy Wife) - Bradley is a guest on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also talks about Get Out in the 9am hour. He appears on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 11:30am ET.
- Allison Williams (Girls) - Allison appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Paul Scheer (The League/Fresh Off the Boat) - Paul visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He will also be on the AOL Build Show at 4:30pm.
- Rob Huebel (Transparent/Burning Love) - Rob drops by Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He will also be on the AOL Build Show at 4:30pm.
- Nick Kroll (The League/Cavemen) - Nick appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jermaine Fowler (Superior Donuts) - Jermaine is a guest on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- David Spade (Rules of Enagement/8 Simple Rules/Just Shoot Me!) - David appears on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Norm Macdonald (The Norm Show/A Minute with Stan Hooper) - Norm is a guest on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Rob Schneider (Real Rob/Rob/Men Behaving Badly) - Rob appears on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- David Duchovny (Californication) - David stops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Mary-Louise Parker (Weeds) - Mary-Louise is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Mae Whitman (Arrested Development) - Mae appears on Harry, so check your local listings.
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - NeNe guest co-hosts The Real, so check your local listings.
- Billy Gardell (Mike & Molly) - Billy joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Holly Robinson Peete (Hangin' with Mr. Cooper/For Your Love) - Holly appears on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.