Friday, March 11, 2011
Nick at Nite Acquires Yes Dear, Friends; TeenNick To Add '90s Block; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of March 14, 2011)
Friends will still air on TBS as well when it launches on Nick at Nite. It is a shared deal, with Nick at Nite having the 6pm-6am rights, while TBS has the 6am-6pm rights (except for the first year of this new deal, where TBS can air it through 7pm). Both Nick at Nite and TBS have a six-year deal running through 2017. Friends has been on TBS since 2001 and has been renewed a few times. As for Yes, Dear, TBS is currently airing the sitcom as well since August 2004. It is unlikely though that the series will remain on TBS when Nick at Nite starts it in 2012. We will let you know when the time comes, though. So stay with us as usual for anything like this!
Friends, an ensemble comedy that made Jennifer Aniston, Courteney Cox, David Schwimmer, Matt LeBlanc, Matthew Perry and Lisa Kudrow household names, follows six friends as they navigate their way through life in New York City and adulthood as they inch toward their thirties. Often hilarious and frequently moving, the series, which ran for 10 seasons on NBC (from 1994 to 2004), addresses universal themes like falling in – or out of – love, launching a career and dealing with (as well as becoming) parents. The critically acclaimed series was created by David Crane and Marta Kauffman and received six Primetime Emmy Awards.
Originally airing from 2000-06 on CBS, Yes, Dear follows two young couples and their wildly divergent parenting styles. First-time parents Greg and Kim Warner aspire to be the model of parenting. Greg (Anthony Clark) is a successful movie studio executive who must also keep Kim (Jean Louisa Kelly) – a neurotic, stay-at-home mother – calm as she strives to be the perfect mother and wife. Meanwhile, Kim's sister, Christine Hughes (Liza Snyder), and her ambition-challenged husband, Jimmy (O'Malley), are down-to-earth parents living in Kim and Greg's guest house, continually reminding them that life will never be perfect. The series, distributed by Twentieth Television, was created by Gregory Thomas Garcia and Alan Kirschenbaum.
Moving on to TeenNick, they announced a '90s late night block is coming this fall! Nickelodeon will launch a new nighttime programming block this fall on TeenNick called "The '90s Are All That!," featuring a rotating selection of iconic live-action and animated shows from Nickelodeon's 1990s library including All That, Clarissa Explains it All, The Adventures of Pete & Pete, Rugrats, Rocket Power, Salute Your Shorts, The Amanda Show and Kenan & Kel. "The '90s Are All That!" has been developed in part as a response to overwhelming demand from fans of Nickelodeon's groundbreaking original series from the 1990s. There are more than 9 million fans of Nickelodeon's '90s programming on Facebook alone.
"The '90s Are All That!" will air Monday through Sunday (every night!) from midnight to 2:00 a.m. (ET), starting in Fall 2011. The block will feature a rotating line-up of '90s Nick library content, as well as forthcoming acquisitions and feature films from the decade. TeenNick's audience also will have the opportunity to influence the block's line-up by requesting their favorite series and episodes via social media sites set up by the network, including a dedicated Facebook fan site.
Just my two cents, it seems they will acquire some '90s non-Nick shows, too. They already have Family Matters from Nick at Nite that they can mix in here. I think it would work well, too. Also a suggestion would be Step by Step and Blossom, both are not airing anywhere on TV right now. This is certainly a block to watch...so stay with us for further updates!
It's Friday, so it is time for "Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows" for the coming week. This is where we list what sitcom stars are appearing on talk shows for the coming week, the stars are both current and past sitcom stars (but we won't cover movie stars like Tom Hanks or John Travolta, since they won't be talking about their past sitcoms likely), so this is for all sitcom fans of all eras!
For the week of March 14-18, 2010, we have many current sitcom stars and past sitcom stars on TV talk shows! So get your DVR's (or whatever you use) ready! Ready? Here is all what you need to know for the coming week!
Monday, March 14, 2011
- Mila Kunis (Family Guy/That '70s Show) - Watch Mila on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 12am on ABC. And you can also watch her on a repeat of Lopez Tonight at the same time of 12am on TBS.
- Amy Poehler (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Amy on a REPEAT of The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Donald Glover (Community) - Catch Donald on a REPEAT of Conan on TBS at 11pm.
- Edie Falco (Nurse Jackie) - Watch Edie on LIVE! with Regis & Kelly so check your listings.
- Mindy Kaling (The Office) - See Mindy on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Ted Danson (Cheers/Becker/Bored to Death/Help Me Help You) - Catch Ted on the TODAY show on NBC and later on an all-new Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
- Rashida Jones (Parks and Recreation/The Office) - Watch Rashida on a REPEAT of Conan at 11pm on TBS. You can also see her on a REPEAT of The Ellen DeGeneres Show in daytime, check listings.
- Jason Bateman (Arrested Development/Hogan Family/Silver Spoons/It's Your Move) - Watch Jason on LIVE! with Regis & Kelly so check your listings when it airs.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) - Watch Lisa on a REPEAT of The Gayle King Show on OWN at 10am.
- Rizwan Manji (Outsourced) - Watch Rizwan on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm only on NBC.
- Adam Scott (Parks and Recreation/Party Down) - Watch Adam on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 12am on ABC.
- Amy Poehler (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Amy on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
- Ed O'Neill (Modern Family/Married with Children) - Watch Ed on a repeat of Tavis Smiley on PBS, check your listings.
- Kaitlin Olson (It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia) - Watch her on a repeat of Conan on TBS at 11pm.
- Rainn Wilson (Th Office) - Watch Rainn on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Mila Kunis (Family Guy/That '70s Show) - Watch Mila on a REPEAT of Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- David Duchovny (Californication) - Watch David on a REPEAT of The Late Late Show With Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
Leave us comments on our message board or Tweet/Facebook us to let us know what you think of this Friday feature! We do listen!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)
10/04 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Christmas Special (Colorized)
10/04 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #1 (Colorized)
10/11 - Dr. Ken - Season One
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Series
10/11 - Nurse Jackie - Seasons One and Two
10/11 - Weeds - Seasons One and Two
11/01 - Schitt's Creek - Seasons One and Two
11/08 - Family Matters - The Complete Ninth Season
11/08 - Your Family or Mine - Season One
11/15 - Community - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Lucy Show - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Mindy Project - Season Four
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, December 3
Henry Danger - "Dodging Danger" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Henry uses his new super power to compete in a Dodge-A-Leen tournament, Ray, Schwoz, and Charlotte go undercover to teach Henry a lesson.
Monday, December 5
- Will Smith (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) - Watch Will on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Steve Harvey (The Steve Harvey Show) - Steve visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. He chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jason Bateman (Arrested Development/The Hogan Family/It's Your Move) - Jason visits The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Gael García Bernal (Mozart in the Jungle) - Gael is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Steve Agee (The Sarah Silverman Program) - Steve appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- The Cast of Fuller House - The cast of Fuller House are guests on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Patricia Heaton (The Middle/Back to You/Everybody Loves Raymond) - Patricia stops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Miss Piggy (The Muppets) - Miss Piggy and Harry perform Deck the Halls on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Meredith Hagner (Search Party/Men at Work) - Meredith is a guest on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Lauren Graham (The Odd Couple/Conrad Bloom/Townies) - Lauren appears on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- T.J. Miller (Silicon Valley/The Goodwin Games/Carpoolers) - T.J. talks about Office Christmas Party on the AOL Build Show at 3pm. He will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET. He can also be heard on The Morning Mash Up on SiriusXM at 9:50am.
- Bradley Whitford (Happyish/Trophy Wife) - Bradley is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Josh McDermitt (Retired at 35) - Josh can be heard on The Morning Mash Up on SiriusXM at 10:45am.
- Erinn Hayes (Kevin Can Wait/Guys with Kids/Worst Week) - Erinn talks about Kevin Can Wait on the AOL Build Show at 4pm.