Friday, March 18, 2011
NBC Picks-Up Office, Community, 'Parks' for Next Season; BET Sends 'Chris' to Mornings; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of March 21 2011)
Just the other day we told you about the Girlfriends weekend marathon on BET, and that is still happening, but now BET has changed their weekday schedule starting this coming Monday! Effective March 21, Everybody Hates Chris moves to the weekday morning line-up, going from 5-6pm to 8-9am, replacing an encore of The Mo'nique Show. No word why, but perhaps the ratings were lagging in the evening slot. As a result, some further changes will be made, too on weekdays. Bernie Mac remains from 9-11am as does Jamie Foxx Show in the 11am hour, but another hour of Jamie Foxx will be added in the 12pm hour, so it will get a second hour. This means Girlfriends will be moved and it will be moving to the 3-5pm block leading into the new time for The Game in the 5pm hour, where Everybody Hates Chris was. After a long hiatus from BET, it seems Girlfriends is back big time. It resurfaced a bit on sister network Centric then was quietly moved back to BET and now it is back with a bang!
It's Friday, so it is time for "Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows" for the coming week. This is where we list what sitcom stars are appearing on talk shows for the coming week, the stars are both current and past sitcom stars (but we won't cover movie stars like Tom Hanks or John Travolta, since they won't be talking about their past sitcoms likely), so this is for all sitcom fans of all eras!
For the week of March 21-25, 2010, we have many current sitcom stars and past sitcom stars on TV talk shows! So get your DVR's (or whatever you use) ready! Ready? Here is all what you need to know for the coming week!
Monday, March 21, 2011
- Zachary Levi (Less than Perfect) - Watch Chuck, err Zachary on Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Ted Danson (Cheers/Becker/Bored to Death/Help Me Help You) - Watch Ted on The Tavis Smiley Show on PBS, but check listings for time.
- Rainn Wilson (The Office) - See it Rainn on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 12am on ABC and also earlier in the day on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings.
- Eric Stonestreet (Modern Family) - Catch Eric on an all-new Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Sarah Chalke (Mad Love/Scrubs) - Watch Sarah also on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Rocky Carroll (Roc) - Watch Rocky on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Carol Burnett (The Carol Burnett Show/Mama's Family) - Watch Carol on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm only on NBC.
- Jason Ritter (The Class) - Watch Jason also on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Jim Parsons (The Big Bang Theory) - Watch Jim on a REPEAT of Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ty Burrell (Modern Family/Back to You) - Watch Ty on a repeat of LIVE! wih Regis & Kelly so check your listings.
- Patrick Warburton (Rules of Engagement/Seinfeld) - Watch Patrick on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Richard Lewis (Anything But Love) - Watch the funnyman on HLN's The Joy Behar Show at 9pm.
- Rainn Wilson (Th Office) - Watch Rainn on a REPEAT of The Late Show with David Letterman after NCAA Basketball on CBS.
- Kirstie Alley (Cheers/Veronica's Closet/Fat Actress) - Watch Kirstie on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Paul Iacono (The Hard Times of RJ Berger) - Catch the star of the MTV comedy on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 12am on ABC.
- Jason Biggs (Mad Love) - Watch Jason on a REPEAT of The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson on CBS late night, time varies due to NCAA coverage.
- Richard Lewis (Anything But Love) - Catch Richard on The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- David Schwimmer (Friends) - Se David on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings.
- Amy Yasbeck (Wings/Life on a Stick/Alright Already) - Watch Amy as a guest co-host on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Ted Danson (Cheers/Becker/Bored to Death/Help Me Help You) - Watch Ted on The Rachel Ray Show, so check listings.
- Topher Grace (That '70s Show) - Watch Topher on a REPEAT of The Late Late Show With Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Regina King (227) - See Regina as a guest co-host on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Nick Offerman (Parks and Recreation/George Lopez) - See Nick on The Martha Stewart Show at 10am on Hallmark.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January)
12/06 - Family Guy - Season Fourteen
12/13 - American Dad! - Volume 11
12/13 - Newhart - The Complete Seventh Season
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, January 19
The Big Bang Theory - "The Romance Calibration" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Penny feels that Leonard is taking her for granted, she decides to go on a spa weekend with Amy. Also, Wolowitz and Koothrappali try to fix a squeaky floorboard in the baby’s room.
The Great Indoors - "Mason Blows Up" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Jack tries to reassert his dominance as a reporter after Mason scores an investigative coup that turns him into an overnight celebrity. Also, Clark’s low self-esteem causes him to give Emma relationship advice about other guys instead of asking her out himself
Mom - "Good Karma and the Big Weird" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Bonnie encourages Christy to pursue Marjorie’s charming nephew, Nick, despite the fact that he’s been declared off limits. Chris Pratt, husband of MOM star Anna Faris, guest stars as Nick, Marjorie’s nephew.
Life in Pieces - "Tailgate Spiral Souvenir Seating" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Colleen and Matt host the family tailgate party at the L.A. Rams game, they invite former NFL quarterback Kurt Warner to spice up their so far dismal event. Also, Tim’s in danger of missing the game when Sophia makes him take her to the restroom and they get sidetracked returning to their seats; Joan and Jen try to sneak into seats closer to the field; and Greg wins a chance to participate in a halftime contest involving a football toss.
Baskets - "Freaks" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Chip has to decide between a tarp and snacks.
Friday, January 20
- Anthony Anderson (black-ish/Guys with Kids/All About the Andersons) - Catch Anthony on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- JoAnna Garcia Swisher (Reba/Better with You) - JoAnna visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- John Lithgow (3rd Rock from the Sun/Twenty Good Years) - John is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jim Gaffigan (The Jim Gaffigan Show/My Boys/Welcome to New York) - Jim stops by The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Cristela drops by The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Ken Jeong (Dr. Ken/Community) - Ken is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He also appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Nicole Byer (Loosely, Exactly Nicole) - Nicole appears on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Joe Jonas (Jonas L.A.) - Joe guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Bernadette Peters (Mozart in the Jungle/All's Fair) - Bernadette is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Queen Latifah (Living Single) - Queen Latifah is a guest on a repeat of Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Andrew Dice Clay (Bless This House/Hitz) - Andrew stops by Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Johnny Galecki (The Big Bang Theory/Roseanne - Johnny discusses his role in the new film, Rings, and dishes on this season of The Big Bang Theory on the AOL Build Show at 1pm.