Friday, March 18, 2011
NBC Picks-Up Office, Community, 'Parks' for Next Season; BET Sends 'Chris' to Mornings; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of March 21 2011)
Just the other day we told you about the Girlfriends weekend marathon on BET, and that is still happening, but now BET has changed their weekday schedule starting this coming Monday! Effective March 21, Everybody Hates Chris moves to the weekday morning line-up, going from 5-6pm to 8-9am, replacing an encore of The Mo'nique Show. No word why, but perhaps the ratings were lagging in the evening slot. As a result, some further changes will be made, too on weekdays. Bernie Mac remains from 9-11am as does Jamie Foxx Show in the 11am hour, but another hour of Jamie Foxx will be added in the 12pm hour, so it will get a second hour. This means Girlfriends will be moved and it will be moving to the 3-5pm block leading into the new time for The Game in the 5pm hour, where Everybody Hates Chris was. After a long hiatus from BET, it seems Girlfriends is back big time. It resurfaced a bit on sister network Centric then was quietly moved back to BET and now it is back with a bang!
It's Friday, so it is time for "Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows" for the coming week. This is where we list what sitcom stars are appearing on talk shows for the coming week, the stars are both current and past sitcom stars (but we won't cover movie stars like Tom Hanks or John Travolta, since they won't be talking about their past sitcoms likely), so this is for all sitcom fans of all eras!
For the week of March 21-25, 2010, we have many current sitcom stars and past sitcom stars on TV talk shows! So get your DVR's (or whatever you use) ready! Ready? Here is all what you need to know for the coming week!
Monday, March 21, 2011
- Zachary Levi (Less than Perfect) - Watch Chuck, err Zachary on Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Ted Danson (Cheers/Becker/Bored to Death/Help Me Help You) - Watch Ted on The Tavis Smiley Show on PBS, but check listings for time.
- Rainn Wilson (The Office) - See it Rainn on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 12am on ABC and also earlier in the day on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings.
- Eric Stonestreet (Modern Family) - Catch Eric on an all-new Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Sarah Chalke (Mad Love/Scrubs) - Watch Sarah also on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Rocky Carroll (Roc) - Watch Rocky on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Carol Burnett (The Carol Burnett Show/Mama's Family) - Watch Carol on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm only on NBC.
- Jason Ritter (The Class) - Watch Jason also on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Jim Parsons (The Big Bang Theory) - Watch Jim on a REPEAT of Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ty Burrell (Modern Family/Back to You) - Watch Ty on a repeat of LIVE! wih Regis & Kelly so check your listings.
- Patrick Warburton (Rules of Engagement/Seinfeld) - Watch Patrick on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Richard Lewis (Anything But Love) - Watch the funnyman on HLN's The Joy Behar Show at 9pm.
- Rainn Wilson (Th Office) - Watch Rainn on a REPEAT of The Late Show with David Letterman after NCAA Basketball on CBS.
- Kirstie Alley (Cheers/Veronica's Closet/Fat Actress) - Watch Kirstie on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Paul Iacono (The Hard Times of RJ Berger) - Catch the star of the MTV comedy on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 12am on ABC.
- Jason Biggs (Mad Love) - Watch Jason on a REPEAT of The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson on CBS late night, time varies due to NCAA coverage.
- Richard Lewis (Anything But Love) - Catch Richard on The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- David Schwimmer (Friends) - Se David on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings.
- Amy Yasbeck (Wings/Life on a Stick/Alright Already) - Watch Amy as a guest co-host on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Ted Danson (Cheers/Becker/Bored to Death/Help Me Help You) - Watch Ted on The Rachel Ray Show, so check listings.
- Topher Grace (That '70s Show) - Watch Topher on a REPEAT of The Late Late Show With Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Regina King (227) - See Regina as a guest co-host on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Nick Offerman (Parks and Recreation/George Lopez) - See Nick on The Martha Stewart Show at 10am on Hallmark.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, October 24
Kevin Can Wait - "Beat the Parents" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Kevin and Donna are thrilled when their son, Jack, makes friends with a boy from school, Grayden (Graydon Peter Yosowitz), however, when Donna and Kevin don’t hit it off with Grayden’s arrogant father, Vic (Ray Romano), and his pushy wife, Brandi (Lindsay Broad), they set out to sabotage the boys’ new friendship. Matt Romano guest stars as Vic’s second son, Braden.
Man with a Plan - "Pilot" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Golden Globe Award winner Matt LeBlanc stars as Adam, a contractor who starts spending more time with his three kids when his wife, Andi, goes back to work and discovers the truth all parents eventually realize—their little angels are maniacs.
2 Broke Girls - "And the Godmama Drama" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Oleg and Sophie’s plan to have Max and Caroline as Barbara’s godparents is derailed when Oleg’s domineering mother, Olga (Mercedes Ruehl), arrives from the Ukraine for the baby’s baptism and fires Max and Caroline from their godparent duties.
The Odd Couple - "Food Fight" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Oscar learns that his favorite hangout, Langford’s, is in financial trouble, he impulsively asks Felix to help save it, without considering the disastrous consequences. Also, Felix tries to make his mark on the restaurant when the owner, Fred Langford (Fred Willard), puts him in charge for a few days.
Monday, October 24
- Ricky Gervais (The Office) - Watch Ricky on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) - Tom appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also talks about Inferno on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Elijah Wood (Wilfred) - Elijah is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ana Gasteyer (People of Earth/Lady Dynamite/Suburgatory) - Ana visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Nick Offerman (Parks and Recreation) - Nick stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Ron appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Kate Micucci (Raising Hope/The Big Bang Theory) - Kate is a guest on a repeat of @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Zooey Deschanel (New Girl) - Zooey appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Michael Chiklis (Daddio) - Michael drops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Jameela Jamil (The Good Place) - Jameela appears on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Aya Cash (You're the Worst) - Aya talks about You're the Worst on the AOL Build ShoW at 2pm. She will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Will is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Mary Steenburgen (The Last Man on Earth/Ink) - Mary talks about The Last Man on Earth on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. She will also be on the AOL Build Show at 12:30pm.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna talks about Good Girls Revolt on People Now at 8:30am.
- James Brolin (Life in Pieces) - James is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Matt LeBlanc (Man with a Plan/Episodes/Joey/Friends) - Matt appears on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Nico Tortorella (Younger) - Nico guest co-hosts The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.