Wednesday, February 09, 2011
Highlights for the month of March 2011 include the series finale of ABC Family original drama Greek on Monday, March 7 at 9pm. The first season finale of drama Pretty Little Liars will air on Monday, March 21 at 8pm after a best-of marathon from 11am-8pm. ABC Family will encore the last two episodes of season three of The Secret Life of the American Teenager after all-new Pretty Little Liars episodes on March 14 and March 21 at 9pm. The Secret Life of the American Teenager will return with all-new episodes on Monday, March 28 at 8pm after a best-of marathon from 11am-8pm. Also returning will be all-new episodes of original drama Make It or Break It airing at 9pm after Secret Life. Stay with us for updates on more original series, such as the return of sitcom Melissa & Joey, which should be returning in early summer.
ABC Family also has of course movie premieres for March 2011. Disney-Pixar's Monsters, Inc. will be making its ABC Family premiere on March 6. On March 13, Beverly Hills Chihuahua (starring George Lopez, Drew Barrymore, Piper Perabo and Jamie Lee Curtis) will be making its basic cable debut at 7pm followed by the world premiere of the new movie Beverly Hills Chihuahua 2 starring George Lopez, Odette Yustman, Olivia Newton-John, Christine Lakin, and Ernie Hudson at 9pm. More ABC Family movie premieres include Hairspray (2007), The Rundown, and City of Ember. And of course there will be other movies airing during the month such as Cheaper by the Dozen, Grease, Meet the Parents, Titanic, The Flintstones, Enchanted, Aladdin, Walt Disney's Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, Happy Gilmore, Back to the Future trilogy and many more!
We also have some sad news to report. Character actress Peggy Rea known for her many roles in television series, and a number of films, died at her home in Toluca Lake on Saturday (February 5, 2011). She died of complications from congestive heart failure. Among her recurring roles in television were as Olivia Walton's cousin, Rose Burton, on The Waltons, as man chasing-Lulu Hogg on The Dukes of Hazzard, as Ivy Baker (the mother of Suzanne Somers' character) on the first season of Step by Step, and as Brett Butler's mom (Jean Kelly) on Grace Under Fire.
Peggy also appeared in such television programs as I Love Lucy, Family Affair, The Good Guys, Gidget, The Patty Duke Show, Hazel, Sergeant Bilko, Bonanza, Gunsmoke, Adam-12, Medical Center, Ironside, The Doris Day Show, Mannix, All in the Family, Quincy M.E., Charlie's Angels, Maude, Sanford, One Day at a Time, The Odd Couple, Love American Style, Marcus Welby, M.D., Mathnet, Burke's Law, Monsters, The Golden Girls, MacGyver, and Meego.
Even though she is not a household name, she was a fan favorite on the shows she appeared in. Fans of Step by Step, Grace Under Fire, The Waltons, The Dukes of Hazzard and All in the Family will certainly miss her. She will be deeply missed. Peggy was 89.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (August)
08/04 - The Comeback - The Complete Series
08/04 - I Love Lucy - Ultimate Season 2 (Blu-ray)
08/04 - Sgt. Bilko (The Phil Silvers Show) - Season Three
08/11 - The Jeffersons - Season Eight
08/11 - Maude - The Complete Second Season
08/11 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fourth Season
08/11 - The Jeff Foxworthy Show - The COmplete Series (Mill Creek)
08/18 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Fifth Season
08/18 - Welcome Back, Kotter - The Final (Fourth) Season
08/25 - King of the Hill - The Complete 11th Season
08/25 - The Mindy Project - Season Three
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, August 4
The Last Man on Earth - "Alive in Tucson" / "The Elephant in the Room" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
THE LAST MAN ON EARTH chronicles the life and adventures of an average guy – and humanity’s last hope – who discovers what life is like when no one is telling you what you can and cannot do. The year is 2020, and after a deadly virus has swept the planet, only one man is left on earth: Phil Miller (Forte). He used to be just an average guy who loved his family and hated his job. Now, in his RV, Phil searches the country for other survivors. He has traveled to every city, every town and every outpost in the United States, Mexico and Canada, and has found no one. As he returns to his hometown of Tucson, Phil comes to the realization that he is almost certainly the last living being on the face of the earth. Then, Phil meets Carol, who may be the last woman on earth. At the very least, she’s the most annoying woman on earth. As Phil arrives at the painful realization that the fate of the world rests with them, Carol demands they wed before repopulating the earth.
Clipped - "The Gambler" (TBS, 10:00PM ET/PT)
When the guys learn that Buzzy is gambling with the money he'd set aside for his mother's medication, A.J. and Mo decide to lose a poker game to him on purpose, but it isn't as easy to convince Ben to do the right thing. Danni, Charmaine, and Joy make up the Doyle Sisters for a wedding and discuss what makes for a strong marriage, which causes Joy questions her relationship with Bart.
Playing House - "Hello, Old Friend" (USA Network, 10:00PM ET/PT) (Season Premiere)
Maggie, Emma and Charlotte pose for an awkward family picture; Bruce and his mother prepare a traditional family recipe.
Playing House - "Sleepless in Pinebrook" (USA Network, 10:30PM ET/PT)
The Property Brothers make over Maggie's body; Emma creates an online dating profile for Maggie; Bruce and Zach spend time with Charlotte.
Tuesday, August 4
- Don Rickles (C.P.O. Sharkey/Daddy Dearest) - Catch Mr. Warmth on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Craig Robinson (Mr. Robinson/The Office) - Craig appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC, on the AOL Build Show and on SI Now.
- Michael Ian Black (The Jim Gaffigan Show/Ed) - Michael is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Josh Charles (Sports Night) - Josh visits The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Denis Leary (Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll/The Job) - Denis stops by Comedy Central's The Daily Show with Jon Stewart at 11pm.
- Judy Greer (Married/Mad Love/Miss Guided) - Judy appears on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Ron Funches (Undateable) - Ron is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Tom Lennon (The Odd Couple/Sean Saves the World/Reno 911!) - Tom will be on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Jessica St. Clair (Playing House/Best Friends Forever/In the Motherhood) and Lennon Parham (Playing House/Best Friends Forever/Accidentally on Purpose) - Jessica and Lennon talk about Playing House on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. Jessica will also be on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Jason Segel (How I Met Your Mother) - Jason talks about the film The End of the Hour on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Billy Gardell (Mike & Molly) - Billy talks about how he almost walked away from Hollywood before landing the leading role on his hit sitcom and what really happened at his first shoot with co-star Melissa McCarthy on a repeat of The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Christopher Meloni (Surviving Jack/The Fanelli Boys) - Christopher is a guest on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show, so check your local listings.
- Tim Bagley (Mr. Robinson/Web Therapy/Will & Grace) - Tim talks about his new series Mr. Robinson on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Jerrod Carmichael (The Carmichael Show) - Jerrod appears on the AOL Build Show.
- Brandy Norwood (The Game/Moesha) - Brandy talks about her incognito NYC subway performance and her exciting new role on Broadway's Chicago on a repeat of Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- David Alan Grier (The Carmichael Show/Life with Bonnie/DAG) - David is a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Candace Cameron Bure (Fuller House/Full House) - Candace talks about her new book Dancing Through Life: Steps of Courage and Conviction on Fox & Friends on Fox News Channel sometime between 6-9am. She also guest co-hosts The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.