Wednesday, February 09, 2011
Highlights for the month of March 2011 include the series finale of ABC Family original drama Greek on Monday, March 7 at 9pm. The first season finale of drama Pretty Little Liars will air on Monday, March 21 at 8pm after a best-of marathon from 11am-8pm. ABC Family will encore the last two episodes of season three of The Secret Life of the American Teenager after all-new Pretty Little Liars episodes on March 14 and March 21 at 9pm. The Secret Life of the American Teenager will return with all-new episodes on Monday, March 28 at 8pm after a best-of marathon from 11am-8pm. Also returning will be all-new episodes of original drama Make It or Break It airing at 9pm after Secret Life. Stay with us for updates on more original series, such as the return of sitcom Melissa & Joey, which should be returning in early summer.
ABC Family also has of course movie premieres for March 2011. Disney-Pixar's Monsters, Inc. will be making its ABC Family premiere on March 6. On March 13, Beverly Hills Chihuahua (starring George Lopez, Drew Barrymore, Piper Perabo and Jamie Lee Curtis) will be making its basic cable debut at 7pm followed by the world premiere of the new movie Beverly Hills Chihuahua 2 starring George Lopez, Odette Yustman, Olivia Newton-John, Christine Lakin, and Ernie Hudson at 9pm. More ABC Family movie premieres include Hairspray (2007), The Rundown, and City of Ember. And of course there will be other movies airing during the month such as Cheaper by the Dozen, Grease, Meet the Parents, Titanic, The Flintstones, Enchanted, Aladdin, Walt Disney's Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, Happy Gilmore, Back to the Future trilogy and many more!
We also have some sad news to report. Character actress Peggy Rea known for her many roles in television series, and a number of films, died at her home in Toluca Lake on Saturday (February 5, 2011). She died of complications from congestive heart failure. Among her recurring roles in television were as Olivia Walton's cousin, Rose Burton, on The Waltons, as man chasing-Lulu Hogg on The Dukes of Hazzard, as Ivy Baker (the mother of Suzanne Somers' character) on the first season of Step by Step, and as Brett Butler's mom (Jean Kelly) on Grace Under Fire.
Peggy also appeared in such television programs as I Love Lucy, Family Affair, The Good Guys, Gidget, The Patty Duke Show, Hazel, Sergeant Bilko, Bonanza, Gunsmoke, Adam-12, Medical Center, Ironside, The Doris Day Show, Mannix, All in the Family, Quincy M.E., Charlie's Angels, Maude, Sanford, One Day at a Time, The Odd Couple, Love American Style, Marcus Welby, M.D., Mathnet, Burke's Law, Monsters, The Golden Girls, MacGyver, and Meego.
Even though she is not a household name, she was a fan favorite on the shows she appeared in. Fans of Step by Step, Grace Under Fire, The Waltons, The Dukes of Hazzard and All in the Family will certainly miss her. She will be deeply missed. Peggy was 89.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (May)
05/03 - Mad About You - The Complete Series
05/03 - The Jim Gaffigan Show - Season One
05/10 - Newhart - The Complete Fifth Season
05/17 - Angie Tribeca - The Complete First Season
05/17 - The Facts of Life - The Final (Ninth) Season
05/24 - The Wonder Years - Season Five
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Wednesday, May 4
The Middle - "Not Mother's Day" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
After enduring year after year of botched Mother’s Days, Frankie declares that the family gets to take a pass on doing anything at all for her this year. But after a man offers to buy Frankie’s groceries at the market when she discovers that she forgot her wallet – and tells her to pay the kindly gesture forward – she decides to have the family pull each other’s names out of a hat and do something nice for that person, which doesn’t go as smoothly as planned.
The Goldbergs - "Smother's Day" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Barry and Erica forget to get Beverly a Mother’s Day gift and make last minute “Mom Coupons” instead. Beverly is understandably hurt, and decides to get revenge by cashing in every coupon they have made. Meanwhile, Adam tries to get Murray to let him go to space camp and accuses him of being as dream crushing as Pop-Pop.
Modern Family - "Promposal" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
With Closet-Con right around the corner, Claire is on high alert and convinced there is a mole in the company. Meanwhile, Phil goes vigilante when he and Gloria confront Auntie Alice for stealing her hot sauce recipe. Jay tries to teach Joe how to do some manly handy work, and with prom coming up, Mitch helps Luke with his “promposal” while Cam helps with Manny’s, but Cam goes a little overboard, revealing that there maybe something deeper going on.
black-ish - "Super Rich Kids" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Dre has always felt his older son was never like him, but when he finally meets Junior’s cool friends, Dre is all in and happy that his son may have the opportunity for an actual social life. Meanwhile, Bow is dealing with Ruby, Zoey, Jack and Diane not confessing to things breaking around the house and decides to handle it her own way after some judgment from Vivian.
Lopez - "George Hosts a Golf Tournament" (TV Land, 10:00PM ET/PT)
George hosts a celebrity golf tournament to bolster his Vegas residency credentials in the midst of personal chaos with his AWOL daughter.
The Soul Man - "Soul Train" (TV Land, 10:30PM ET/PT)
When Lolli gets kicked off a wine train, she forces Boyce to have her back, even though he knows she’s in the wrong. Stamps helps Alicia relieve her campaign stress.
Schitt's Creek - "Moira's Nudes" (Pop, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Moira is worried that racy photos from her past will jeopardize the campaign; Johnny asks for financial help; Alexis gets a job.
Wednesday, May 4
- Julie Bowen (Modern Family) - Watch Julie on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Rob Reiner (All in the Family) - Rob is a guest on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also talks about Being Charlie on NBC's Today in the 9am hour, on The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT and on the AOL Build Show at 2pm.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Allison visits The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Bradley Whitford (Happyish/Trophy Wife) - Bradley appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Tom Lennon (The Odd Couple/Sean Saves the World/Reno 911!) - Tom is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Ron Funches (Undateable) - Ron appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Tituss Burgess (Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt) - Tituss stops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Jussie Smollett (On Our Own) - Jussie sings for his supper and helps Rachael cook up Chicken Milanese on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- CCH Pounder (Brothers/Women in Prison) - CCH is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Jesse Tyler Ferguson (Modern Family/The Class) - Jesse talks about his Broadway show Fully Committed on People Now.
- Sarah Jessica Parker (Sex and the City/Square Pegs) - Sarah chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Garry Marshall (Creator of Happy Days/Laverne & Shirley/Mork & Mindy) - Garry is a guest on The Real, so check your local listings.