Tuesday, November 30, 2010
The following week on Saturday, December 18 from 12pm-8pm, we get more sitcom Christmas episodes, this time of classic series! Featured on this marathon are Good Times, Amen, The Jeffersons, Sanford & Son, The Hughleys and The PJs. Select encores air later that night from 3am-6am.
Beginning on Monday, December 20 and continuing through Friday, December 24, TV One airs Christmas comedy marathons from 9pm-11pm each night in primetime with a different TV One sitcom to keep viewers in the holiday spirit, including Martin on Monday, Good Times on Tuesday, A Different World on Wednesday, All of Us on Thursday and Amen on Friday. The block will encore from 12am-2am also. And if that's not enough holiday episodes for you, every weeknight that week in the 7pm hour will also be holiday episodes instead of the regular Good Times hour. On Monday it will be Tracy Morgan Show/Sanford & Son, on Tuesday it will be The PJs, on Wednesday it will be Living Single, on Thurdsay it will be Half & Half/The Jeffersons, and on Friday it will be more holiday episodes of The Jeffersons. We also get holiday episodes of The Jeffersons and The Hughleys on that Friday (Dec. 24) from 3am-6am.
On Christmas Day (Saturday, Dec. 25), TV One gives us a FULL day worth of sitcom Christmas episodes beginning at 8am through 8pm! We get multiple episodes of Amen, The Jeffersons, All of Us, Living Single, Good Times, A Different World, Martin, and the only Sanford & Son Christmas episode. We get encores of Living Single and A Different World later that night from 3am-6am.
As TV One gets ready for a second season of their original sitcom Love that Girl, you can watch all four first episodes on Sunday, Dec. 26 from 10pm-12am, with an encore from 1am-3am. The series returns with 26 more episodes in early 2011, as we mentioned.
Finally, on Saturday, January 1 beginning at 6am, TV One rings in the new year with a 24-hour laugh fest, airing a "Martin: New Years Day Mega-thon" featuring episodes focusing on the relationship between Martin Payne and his lady love Gina Waters.
TV Land announced that it has given cast-contingent greenlights to two new sitcom pilots, Happily Divorced written by Fran Drescher (The Nanny) and Peter Marc Jacobsen (The Nanny, What I Like About You), and Rip City written by Terri Minsky (Less Than Perfect, Lizzy McGuire) and executive produced by Michael Hanel (Rita Rocks, Retired at 35) and Mindy Schultheis (Reba, Retired at 35). These join the previously announced Ex Men on the network's list of sitcom pilots. These pilot orders represent TV Land's push to continue to expand its role in the original sitcom landscape. The network's first original sitcom, the critically acclaimed Hot in Cleveland, is cable's #1 sitcom and it returns for its second season on Wednesday, January 19, 2010 at 10 p.m. ET/PT and will be followed by the premiere of TV Land's second original sitcom, Retired at 35, starring George Segal and Jessica Walter at 10:30 p.m. ET/PT.
Based on Fran Drescher's real life, Happily Divorced centers around how Drescher deals with dating after finding out her husband is gay. The show focuses on how she juggles her relationship with her current boyfriend and ex-husband post-divorce.
Rip City is a multi-camera office comedy which takes place at Rip City Cola, a regional beverage manufacturer and distributor. When a young, Ivy League-educated female takes over as the boss, the entire office, particularly a confident man in his 50s, is shaken and unsure of what happens next.
The network previously announced the comedy pilot Ex Men by former Frasier executive producer Mark Reisman. The pilot revolves around 3 divorced men who live in an apartment building together where the landlord is a smart and sexy divorce attorney.
None of these sitcom pilots have been picked-up to series yet, if and when they do, we will let you know. There is still a long way to go for all three. First, the casting needs to be done. Then the pilot will be taped and after that TV Land will decide which will make it on the air with Hot in Cleveland and Retired at 35. So stay with us!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January)
12/06 - Family Guy - Season Fourteen
12/13 - American Dad! - Volume 11
12/13 - Newhart - The Complete Seventh Season
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, January 20
Last Man Standing - "A House Divided" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Mike and Vanessa ask newlyweds Mandy and Kyle to tone down their constant displays of affection, Mandy agrees but only if her parents become more discreet in the way they express their feelings to each other. Meanwhile, Kristen gets Eve a gig playing at the Grill, but Ed wants to fire her after a lackluster performance.
Dr. Ken - "A Day in the Life" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Amy (guest star Yvette Nicole Brown), the producer of a documentary health series, follows Ken around to record a typical day at an HMO, giving Ken his big moment in the limelight. But much to Ken’s chagrin, a series of the less than thrilling day-to-day parts of the job at Welltopia leads Ken to doubt his own career choice.
Friday, January 20
- Anthony Anderson (black-ish/Guys with Kids/All About the Andersons) - Catch Anthony on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- JoAnna Garcia Swisher (Reba/Better with You) - JoAnna visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Jim Gaffigan (The Jim Gaffigan Show/My Boys/Welcome to New York) - Jim stops by The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Cristela drops by The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- John Lithgow (3rd Rock from the Sun/Twenty Good Years) - John is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ken Jeong (Dr. Ken/Community) - Ken is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He also appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Nicole Byer (Loosely, Exactly Nicole) - Nicole appears on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Joe Jonas (Jonas L.A.) - Joe guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Bernadette Peters (Mozart in the Jungle/All's Fair) - Bernadette is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Queen Latifah (Living Single) - Queen Latifah is a guest on a repeat of Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Andrew Dice Clay (Bless This House/Hitz) - Andrew stops by Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Johnny Galecki (The Big Bang Theory/Roseanne - Johnny discusses his role in the new film, Rings, and dishes on this season of The Big Bang Theory on the AOL Build Show at 1pm.