Thursday, November 25, 2010
Before we let you all go back to your families (or special friends), we want to let you know the marathons on TV you and your family might want to watch during the day and after Thanksgiving dinner. We love TV marathons and you all come here on each holiday to see what marathons are airing, so as always we will do that today, too, of course!
We have told you about many of the sitcom related marathons already in our regular news stories. As mentioned yesterday, Centric has a Cosby Show marathon on Thanksgiving Day from 9am-9pm ET. TV Land has its annual Overstuffed Weekend with I Dream of Jeannie, Bewitched and Roseanne on Thanksgiving Day and Night, with many other sitcoms from Friday-Sunday. Nick at Nite has a George Lopez marathon all night long through Sunday. TV One has a Thanksgiving episodes marathon from 6am-1pm with Half & Half, All of Us, Good Times, A Different World, Living Single and of course Martin airing. New York City is lucky to have a marathon of The Odd Couple today on WPIX from 11am-7pm! So yeah we told you about all these already many moons ago. TBS has its Seinfeld "Festivus" marathon tomorrow (Friday) from 11am-8pm, that we already told you about. Also on Friday, BET airs an Everybody Hates Chris marathon from 9am-7pm.
Non-sitcom wise, we told you about ReelzChannel's Ally McBeal-athon earlier this week. SOAPnet has a Beverly Hills 90210 marathon from 4pm-12am tonight. USA Network will have a Burn Notice marathon today starting at 6am, while a Law & Order marathon airs on TNT from 10am-8pm. Other notables for Thanksgiving Thursday include an Ugly Betty marathon on TV Guide Channel from 12pm-2am, a Star Trek: The Next Generation marathon on BBC America starting at 8am, a Kick Buttkowski marathon on Disney XD from 6am-12am which includes a premiere episode at 8:30 with Alyssa Milano & Henry Winkler, and a Cake Boss marathon on TLC. We also have a Deal or No Deal marathon on GSN from 9am-6pm, a Biography marathon on Bio TV from 8am-5am, Mythbusters marathon on Discovery Channel, SNL marathon on VH-1 from 8pm-1am, Gangland marathon on Spike TV, and many many movies marathons on networks like ABC Family, FX, Hallmark, Lifetime, Sleuth, Comedy Central, and Syfy's James Bond Movies marathon. VS. has a Rocky movie marathon. Hallmark Movie Channel showcases a Murder, She Wrote marathon on Friday from 12am-4am, while ION Television has a Criminal Minds marathon on Friday from 3pm-1am.
Check out more TV marathons on Thanksgiving weekend, from our friends at TV Tango!
And don't forget my pick of the night, tonight at 8pm on ABC the holiday classic A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving. It's an annual tradition to watch! Can't get enough of old Chuck! If you haven't seen it already, view our 2010 Network TV Holiday Specials and Movies Guide, so you don't miss anything on network TV this holiday season. Also our ABC Family 25 Days of Christmas schedule, because that is the place to be as always during the holiday season with classics like A Flintstone Christmas and Winnie the Pooh & Christmas Too!
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, July 24
The Big Bang Theory - "The Discovery Dissipation" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Leonard and Amy help Sheldon cope with the shame he’s feeling after his accidental contribution to science is disproved. Meanwhile, Raj must stay with Howard and Bernadette for a week.
The Millers - "Driving Miss Crazy" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Nathan gets frustrated after he’s forced to drive Carol around town for errands once again, he demands that she either learn how to drive or find another chauffeur. But when Debbie volunteers Adam to drive Carol, everyone’s surprised when they form an unexpected bond.
Welcome to Sweden - "Proving Love/Lagenhet" (NBC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Bruce (Greg Poehler) and Emma (Josephine Bornebusch) move into an apartment in Stockholm and Bruce tries his best to introduce himself to the neighbors. Meanwhile, the couple is forced to prove their relationship at the immigration office, but the interviews don’t go quite as planned. Elsewhere, Emma suspects one of Bruce’s former clients, Aubrey Plaza (guest starring as herself), may be stalking him, while another, Amy Poehler (guest starring as herself), is in desperate need of his professional assistance.
Working the Engels - "Jenna's Friend" (NBC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Jimmy (Benjamin Arthur) gives their grandmother’s ring to a stripper, Jenna (Kacey Rohl) is forced to intervene to get it back – and makes an unlikely friend in the process. Meanwhile, Sandy (Azura Skye) wins free mother/daughter hip-hop classes and brings Ceil (Andrea Martin) along, but they quickly realize the class isn't meant for them. Ceil is ready to get out of there, until a former friend makes fun of Sandy, and then Ceil is determined not only that they stay, but that they win the dance competition. Rachel Wilson, Rebecca Dalton and Shawn Byfield guest star.
Married - "The Shower" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
A.J. and Jess hijack Russ and Lina's night out.
You're the Worst - "Insouciance" (FX, 10:30PM ET/PT)
Jimmy attempts to take Gretchen on a date.
Love That Girl - "The Hot Seat" (TV One, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Imunique agrees to throw a bachelorette party for DeMiracle's fiance.
Thursday, July 24
- David Duchovny (Californication) - Catch David on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Mary Lynn Rajskub (How to Be a Gentleman) - Mary Lynn stops by Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Mo'Nique (The Parkers) - Mo'Nique appears on a repeat of The Arsenio Hall Show, so check your local listings.
- Wanda Sykes (The New Adventures of Old Christine/Wanda at Large) - Wanda is a guest on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Kristin Chenoweth (Kristin) - Tune in to see Kristin on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Judy Greer (Married/Mad Love/Miss Guided) and Nat Faxon (Married/Ben and Kate) - Judy and Nat talk about their new FX series Married on NBC's Today in the 9am hour. They will also be on HuffPost Live.
- Adrienne Barbeau (Maude) - Adrienne discusses her role in the Hallmark Movie Channel original movie The Memory Book on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Greg Poehler (Welcome to Sweden) - Greg is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Leah Remini (The King of Queens/Family Tools) - Leah appears on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 3am on BET.
- Craig Ferguson (The Drew Carey Show) - Craig will be on Larry King Now at 2/5pm PT/ET on Ora.tv and Hulu.
- Jennie Garth and Tori Spelling (Mystery Girls) - Jennie and Tori are guests on Fox & Friends on Fox News Channel at 7:45am. Jennie will also be on HuffPost Live.